Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1222?
Open: Season Ending Cliffhangers 3 18.75%
Blind Kung Fu Master vs. Galvadahl 0 0%
King Henry: Fast Food 2 12.50%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #1 3 18.75%
Church Roast 3 18.75%
Tori McLachlan: Graduation Song 5 31.25%
I Shouldn't Be Alive 0 0%
Astroman vs. Killbrain the Fury: Car Dealership 0 0%
Celebrity Pets: Kim Jong Il's Dog, Kim Jong Gae 0 0%
Crafty Gals: Video Store 2 0 0%
Coach Hines: High School Prom #2 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/20/2007, 9:05 PM
Obsessed!

being in England made me miss it....that stinks that they didn't have a cast closing.......I wonder who will return

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart

Old 05/20/2007, 10:12 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Despite the uncertainty (at the time) of the show's future, I still think that "MADtv" could have done some sort of wrap-up for the season. I mean, hell, if "MADtv" had wanted a cast closing badly enough, then I'm sure that someone could have been clever enough to incorporate at least a joke about the show's future: "We may or may not be back next season, but not knowing is half the fun. Besides, we're accustomed to being treated like FOX's red-headed stepchild. Oh well, good night!" Or something like that. Sorry, I'm not having it--a good season deserves a decent closing of SOME sort.

Then again, my fantasy closing would have involved having someone announce that the show is indeed ending, singling out Crista and Arden, and angrily shouting, "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Oh well, poo. (And yes, I realize that nearly everyone else's fantasy would involve a substitution of Ike and Bobby as the singled-out cast members. You envision your dream scenario, and I'll envision mine. )

"We can dig it!"
Old 05/20/2007, 10:21 PM
D2F

That is the most nonsensical thing that it would be Crista and Arden's fault for the show ending. Please, there are so many other obvious people to blame it on.

Actually, I don't even see a point to blaming cast members, I'd imagine it's the writers that keep fouling up the show. Nearly every episode I watch there are countless scenes where you just know that regardless of who is playing the part, the bit will drag on forever and go nowhere.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 05/20/2007, 10:39 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
That is the most nonsensical thing that it would be Crista and Arden's fault for the show ending. Please, there are so many other obvious people to blame it on.
Yeah, it was supposed to be nonsensical; I thought that was a given, especially since I regularly crack jokes about Arden and Crista. Believe it or not, I do realize that there are plenty of other variables involved in a show's success or failure and would therefore not seriously blame its cancellation on two of the show's regular cast members, no matter how subpar their performances are (especially when so many of the other cast members are genuinely talented).

"We can dig it!"
Old 05/21/2007, 12:20 PM
zlolz

A cast closing WAS taped - the taping reports say so, and they've been spot-on when it comes to every other sketch (except for a few that were probably just scrapped, in fact, one of the unaired sketches was said to be a total trainwreck). So why they decided to scrap it last minute is beyond me - it was known by Wednesday the show was coming back, so I'm sure they could've quickly put it in. It was very disappointing that such a great season like this one gets nothing really to send it off (although I guess the show open was satisfactory). Hell, even a sh!tty season deserves a good send-off. The final cast closings are really the only things that give the seasons closure anyway.

I'm sure they could've just said something like "It's been a great year thanks to the cast, writers, blah blah, have a good summer everybody!".

Old 05/21/2007, 5:10 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I've got the episode, I just have to watch it. Expect the character pages to be updated soon. Sounds like a pretty good episode!
Old 05/21/2007, 9:24 PM
zlolz

Well, it's not as good as I'd expect for a premiere, but it's still a pretty good episode. I liked it better the 2nd time around. For a finale, it wasn't too great though.

Last edited by Rurry; 05/21/2007 at 9:58 PM.
Old 05/22/2007, 5:42 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Whoa, I actually got a lot of the sketch names right! 1217's Crafty Gals is also called Crafty Gals: Video Store though...
LOL, Ok, I'll rename it Crafty Gals: Video Store 2

Old 05/23/2007, 6:51 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Tori McLachlan, new character, or parody? Does she get a profile in the characters section?

I'm getting around to updating, and I have to create one for King Henry, just wondering about Tori. No promises as to when I get them up though.
Old 05/23/2007, 7:02 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Character. And also Merlin Plebsworth or whatever his name is.

Old 05/23/2007, 8:10 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Character. And also Merlin Plebsworth or whatever his name is.
You sure about Merlin? I only see him down in 1211 in the "Who'd a Thunk?" sketch, and in nothing else. Tori and The King Henry Show are up, and the rest of the character pages have been updated.

I really couldn't stand much of this episode. I maybe watched about 30% of the sketches, and wasn't really wowed by anything. Tori was good, and I liked King Henry, but everything else was really blah.

EDIT! I see Merlin now, in 1221, I didn't see that episode, so any information you guys can give me about him would be great. Maybe Rurry, if you want to write up a brief biography on him and PM it to me?
Old 05/23/2007, 8:16 PM
zlolz

Yeah, I'll PM you the biography now.

Old 05/25/2007, 1:32 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I just watched the Tori McLachlan sketch on youtube...best **** ever. I had to watch it twice. ^_^
Old 05/25/2007, 6:55 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
I just watched the Tori McLachlan sketch on youtube...best **** ever. I had to watch it twice. ^_^
I know. I've watched it like 2123123891239012 times.

Old 05/28/2007, 4:44 PM
Still the best!

It was a pretty good finale I thought...I liked Tori and Coach Hines the best. The opening was clever. I give it a B+.

The close felt odd w/o the usual "See you in the fall" stuff but I think we all know what they would've said, anyway...they say it every year...so it's not a huge loss.

Hopefully, Season 13 is good...I was happily surprised with Season 12, it was very good.

Old 05/28/2007, 5:09 PM
Bender: still great

Okay to make Rurry shut up , I'll give a quickie review. This, overall, was a decent end to a decent season. Tori McLachlan was the highlight of the episode (big surprise), but none of the other sketches really sucked (except for the Crafty Gals...c'mon MAD, more product placement?).

6.5/10

Old 05/29/2007, 9:49 PM
Staff Alumnus

I wish I could share you young-uns' enthusiasm for Tori McLaughlin; however, I can see those jokes coming from fifty gazillion light years away. Maybe if I were twenty years younger, then the numerous "here are the millions of ways your life is going to suck" jokes wouldn't seem so trite to me. (Ah, the generation gap again! ) Nicole Parker was pretty much spot-on this season; thus, consider this (for me) her one major boo-boo.

And for the record, I'll concede that the last Tank sketch (from 1221) blew as well; so don't be hatin'.

"We can dig it!"
Old 05/30/2007, 1:43 PM
zlolz

...But you think Dot is one of the worst recurring characters ever and Bae Sung is hilarious, so I dunno if I can trust you.

Old 05/30/2007, 3:38 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
...But you think Dot is one of the worst recurring characters ever and Bae Sung is hilarious, so I dunno if I can trust you.

All it takes is that first step of faith, 3R. Let Bobby into your heart, and he will show you the way.

"We can dig it!"
Old 05/30/2007, 5:06 PM
His senses were dimmed

Well I missed this one because I went away for the weekend

I hope to catch this and 1221 on repeats soon because I missed them both.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards