Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1214?
Open: Tim Gunn 0 0%
Grey's Anatomy with House M.D 5 33.33%
Great Moments in African-American History with Flavor Flav #1-3 2 13.33%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Pt. III 0 0%
The Ellen Degeneres Show: Ugly Betty 1 6.67%
Cupid's Lesson Gone Wrong 0 0%
Ike Meets Bobby's Family #1 2 13.33%
Luann at the Laundromat #1-2 3 20.00%
Gwen Stefani Video 2 13.33%
Close: Ike Meets Bobby's Family #2 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/16/2007, 6:12 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Apparently Lisa is playing Gwen. Maybe she'll be a regular impression now?

http://forums.nodoubt.com/forums/774092/ShowPost.aspx

From what I've seen of Lisa, she seems pretty good. We'll see.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 02/16/2007, 6:16 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Isn't she playing Salma Hayak at some point? She must have good range...at least I hope so.
Old 02/16/2007, 6:23 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
Isn't she playing Salma Hayak at some point? She must have good range...at least I hope so.
Yeah. They also just showed a segment about her on E.... (if anyone wants to see it, it encores at 11 PM ET) and theyre doing a "Celebrity Armed and Famous" thing or something, and she's doing Kellie Pickler.

I hope they dont only give her impressions...

Old 02/16/2007, 6:37 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
I hope they dont only give her impressions...
Well, she's really talented (from what I've seen), which (nowadays) translates into "she'll likely never get her own signature character".

Old 02/16/2007, 6:41 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagnazzo View Post
Well, she's really talented (from what I've seen), which (nowadays) translates into "she'll likely never get her own signature character".
This is probably true. Which is stupid. Because if she did, it'd be huge.

...*Remembers how annoying it is how whenever I mention MADtv to a non-fan, they say "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!"*...maybe it ISNT such a bad thing....

In all seriousness, they'd be stupid not to give her a character, especially since they're obviously trying to bring life back to recurring charaters.

Old 02/16/2007, 7:13 PM
Season 14 is Here!

She must be good impressioner I can't wait for this episode!

Old 02/17/2007, 9:39 AM
zlolz

There's a clip of the GA parody on FOX.com, and it looks like it IS going to be a House crossover.

For the who/what, I'm pretty sure the patient is Lisa Donovan, when she talks, it sounds exactly like her. Nicole RJ and Michael are also in the sketch.

Last edited by Rurry; 02/17/2007 at 5:25 PM.
Old 02/17/2007, 10:16 PM
His senses were dimmed

Umm who is this other guy in the GA sketch? Just some random dude?

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 02/17/2007, 10:17 PM
Casual Fan

I was wondering the same. Whoever he is, he looks exactly like TR Knight (who he was supposed to be playing)
Old 02/17/2007, 10:20 PM
zlolz

Looks like an extra. They should've used Ike or something...

Old 02/17/2007, 10:29 PM
His senses were dimmed

I missed the opening credits of the show so I thought maybe there were 2 featured cast member debuts tonight.

Old 02/17/2007, 10:33 PM
zlolz

Speaking of FPs, I thought Lisa was very good as Salma Hayek.

Oh, and Nikky P was Gwen, not Lisa.

Old 02/17/2007, 10:57 PM
just crazy

One question, where was Caeti? Was he doing voices in the claymation sketch?

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 02/17/2007, 10:59 PM
zlolz

Open: Stylish Audience Members: Yeah, I didn't like this...at all. I hate when they bring audience members into sketches and interview them. It's pointless and puts me to sleep. This was a step down compared to the other opens this season. It felt like an open from S11, and that's...not a good thing. A pretty dismal start to the show.
Music Video: Aren't Asians Great?: Meh, all they did was this was make more asian stereotypes, as if we haven't had them shoved down our throat for the past 4-5 years. Bobby was the one being showcased here, not Nicole, despite the fact her impression ruled (as usual). Not that good. I don't like the new method of not adding laughter to music video, either. Very disappointing.
Grey's Anatomy/House: After 2 bad starter sketches, the episode picks up a bit of steam here. This wasn't breathtakingly genuis or anything, however, it was generally funny overall. Some of the jokes were a little bit obvious, but i'd rank this as a winner overall.
Flavor Flav and African Amerian History #1-3: These were good. Not amazing or anything, but decent.
Attitudes and Feelings Pt. III: A LOT weirder then the first 2, and that's saying a LOT. This was pretty good.
Ellen DeGeneres Show: Ugly Betty: I really liked this, and I thought Lisa did a good job. I've never actually heard Salmya Hayek speak, so I wouldn't know. But Nicole's Ellen is awesome. 1/2
Claymation: Cupid Goes Wrong: A surprisingly awesome claymation sketch! I thought it was short and sweet.
Ike Meets Bobby's Parents: Like the Super Sweet 30 sketch from 1201, this sketch really surprised me in that I was expecting it to suck, but it wound up being really good. Bobby's Parents were of course the funniest part. Good sketch (THATS RIGHT, I SAID IT ).
Luanne Lockheart: Laundramat #1-2: Wow, I'm surprised they brought her so fast, considering her previous average was one skit per season. I'd say this was her worst far, sadly, but I still think she has some potential. HOWEVER, Nicole RJ was hilarious in these, so that raises it up to a .
Overall: Meh, even though most of the sketches were at least ok, I didn't really feel like they hit it out of the park this week (besides Ellen), whereas last week, almost every sketch was awesome.

6/10 this week. About what i'd expect from a mid-season episode.

Next Week: Celebrity Lillian Verner with Morgan Freeman (Jordan), Renee Zeldweiger (Nicole P), and some guy from a horror movie that I can't remember the name of (Bobby). Danny Bonaduce is the "guest host" of it. Also, they didn't announce it, but it's also the Oscars special next week. Sounds good.

BTW, I feel like posting my sketch rating 'system', for no real reason. We have newbies here, so...

- An all around perfect sketch, with NO flaws. Usually the best sketch of the episode (unless it's a really awesome episode with several 5-star sketches) and even one of the best sketches of the season.
- Not a perfect sketch, but still awesome and top-notch material.
- A very good sketch, with just a few minor flaws keeping it from being higher.
- A decent sketch. Not great, but not horrible.
- An average sketch, no more, no less.
- A "meh" sketch, in most cases, nothing to write home about and pretty forgettable, but not totally awful.
- Just an all around mediocre sketch.
- A pretty terrible sketch, with only a few minor things keeping it from being a total bomb.
- An awful sketch, just flat out terrible.
Less then - WTF?!

Last edited by Rurry; 04/30/2007 at 2:46 PM.
Old 02/17/2007, 11:01 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierOmar View Post
One question, where was Caeti? Was he doing voices in the claymation sketch?
He definitley was in the claymation sketch, but other then that, he was completely absent from this episode. Arden and Ike also had very limited roles, heck, I think Lisa appeared in more sketches then Arden did, and she only was in 2 sketches..

For no reason, here's a list of the # of sketches each cast member was in...

Bobby - 4 (Gwen, GA, Attidues and Feelings, Bobby's Parents)
Nicole P - 3 (Gwen Stefani, GA, Ellen)
Crista - 3 (GA, Ellen, Luanne)
Nicole RJ - 2 (GA, Luanne)
Michael - 2 (Open, GA)
Jordan - 2 (Gwen, Flavor Flav)
Lisa - 2 (GA(?), Ellen)
Keegan - 2 (GA, Flavor Flav)
Ike - 1 (Bobby's Parents)
Arden - 1 (GA)
Frank - 0

So, Bobby had the most, followed by Nicole P and Crista, and then the majority of the rest had 2, with the except of Ike, Arden, and Frank, who had less.

I didn't include voices in the claymation sketch because I'm not totally sure of who was in it yet. But I know for a fact Ike was and i'm pretty sure Frank was, too.

Old 02/17/2007, 11:29 PM
His senses were dimmed

I thought the voices were Bobby and Jordan.

Old 02/17/2007, 11:33 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TJ~ View Post
I thought the voices were Bobby and Jordan.
There were other voices, though. I'll have to re-watch the sketch.

Old 02/17/2007, 11:39 PM
zlolz

After re-watching the sketch, I think it's this...

Girl on Bench - Arden
Guy on Bench - Ike
Cupid's Trainer - Jordan
Cupid - Bobby

So yeah, no Frank. I will say though, Bobby did a really good job of changing his voice in the Cupid sketch, I couldn't tell it was him except for the very beginning.

Old 02/17/2007, 11:44 PM
Fresh Meat

Open - Stylish Audience Members: This was okay. I don't really like these sketches where they involve audience members, but I found Michael funny.

Music Video - Gwen Stefani Parody - This was okay. At first I couldn't understand what they were saying, but midway through got better. Nicole did a very good job imitating Gwen, but I didn't find it funny.

House & Grey's Anatomy: From the preview I didn't think this would look good, but it was one of the best sketches of the night. Bobby Lee was actually funny in it (I never say that.) I found Michael's character the funniest. Overall good.

African American History 1-3: I hate flavor flave so I couldn't enjoy this. I'm sure it would've been funnier with someone else. Keegan was good in it though, probably the only thing that saved the sketches.

Attitudes and Feelings Pt. III: Missed this.

The Ellen Degeneres Show: I LOVE these sketches. Nicole does an amazing job playing Ellen. I liked Lisa at first, but the whole ugly thing kind of got boring. She was very good though.

Claymation: Missed this.

Ike meets Bobby's Parents: I hate bobby, I hate Ike. The only thing I found funny about this sketch were his parents.

Luanna Lockheart: Nicole RJ was hilarious. Probably funnier than Crista, but I still really enjoyed this. Crista's face expressions always make me laugh.

Overall: 7/10

This was an okay episode. Either the sketch was hilarious, or it flat out sucked. They did a fantastic job with Grey's Anatomy and Ellen. TV show parodies are my favourite!
Old 02/17/2007, 11:56 PM
Bender: still great

Welcome to the forum lerler.

Overall, I can't say I enjoyed this episode too much, although it had its moments. Lisa Donovan had a great debut in an excellent sketch (technically, it wasn't her debut sketch, but you know what I mean), and incidentally was the best sketch of the night. Awesome work Lisa! Can't say the same about the rest of the episode...where the fvck was Frank in this? For this, I expect nothing less than an entire episode where Frank is in every sketch to make up for it... Mediocre, no more, no less.

5.5/10