Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1212?
Ike and Bobby: Football 4 36.36%
Battle Speech #1-2 0 0%
Superstitious Knights: Regional Football Champs 0 0%
WQRW Channel 8 News #1-4 0 0%
Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: Condoleeza Rice 0 0%
Football Talk 0 0%
Live Interview with Paula Abdul 1 9.09%
24 with Bobby Lee & Mary Lynn Raskub 2 18.18%
QVC Quacker Factory: Monday Night Quackball 4 36.36%
2007 Toyota Yaris 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/02/2007, 9:55 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
The rest of you can jump on the Stuart-hatin' bandwagon; DPTTM is my choice for the McD character that needs to be discontinued. IMO, it's easily his most disappointing character. O.K., so a couple of the earlier sketches made me laugh; but Mofaz has definitely worn out his welcome with moi. Umm, hello, "MADtv," Special Patrick? Remember him? Funnee, haha? C'mon, he's a drawers-splitter! Hmm, at my age, that's probably not a good thing. Still, I loves mah Special Patty. (*Waits for endless jokes about his "special patty."* )
I think DPTTM is an up and down character, sometimes his sketches horribly suck, and sometimes, they're hilarious. I actually find the ones around Season 8, early Season 9 to be the funniest. I thought the Season 7 ones were kind of dull, and the late Season 9/Season 10 ones were just plain stupid. As for Michael's best character, I still say it's Sean the Floor Leader. But Special Patrick was decent...

I'm a bit confused about the Condi sketch though - we know a "Condi Goes to Harlem II" was taped, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the "Condi Goes to Harlem II", unless there's going to be a 3-part Condi sketch tomorrow that includes DPTTM AND Condi Goes to Halem II.

Old 02/02/2007, 10:03 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Having NRJ's Condi in a DPTTM sketch, if that is indeed what's being planned, might help to spice things up a bit. During the last few seasons, however (esp. 11), I don't think I've laughed once at a Mofaz sketch. We'll see. I always give each sketch the benefit of the doubt, even if the doubt far outweights the potential benefit in my mind.

Yeah, of course you know we gots ta give it up for Sean. Uh...*bobs his head*...hyello?

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/02/2007, 10:14 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
Having NRJ's Condi in a DPTTM sketch, if that is indeed what's being planned, might help to spice things up a bit. During the last few seasons, however (esp. 11), I don't think I've laughed once at a Mofaz sketch. We'll see. I always give each sketch the benefit of the doubt, even if the doubt far outweights the potential benefit in my mind.

Yeah, of course you know we gots ta give it up for Sean. Uh...*bobs his head*...hyello?
Yeah, I kinda agree with you, the Season 9/10 Mofaz sketches werent as good as others. And if I can't even remember the Season 11 ones, they musta been BAD. (Actually, I don't think I ever saw the 1108 one, and I vaguley remember the 1121 one now...I don't think I was too fond of it).

Old 02/03/2007, 11:00 PM
zlolz

Open: Bobby and Ike Play Football: Hmm, I didn't laugh at this too much, yet I still enjoyed it. I think that if Crista's parts weren't in this sketch though, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. I loved how they randomly threw Nicole Parker in there for no real reason. A good-ish sketch, better then I thought it would be. .5
Scottish Protesters: Anal Rape: #1-2: More Season 12 random out-of-the blue humor, LOL. I liked this. I didn't see the need in the 2nd one though.
News Channel Bits #1-4: These was short, but pretty funny. I actually did like them. The last one was the best - with the kids playing soccor being "Hate crimes" LOL.
Supersticious Knights: Superbowl: I'm so over these characters. Tell me why they're still being recurred again? This sketch was just hard to sit through, I honestly came close to turning the channel at one point.
Mofaz: Condi Rice: Ok, I actually thought this was REALLY good, especially the opening and closing "songs". I also liked "My wife's vagina is simular to the Middle East" and the whole KFC part. Surprisingly good.
Michael and the Super Bowl: Why do I need to watch this sketch if I can LIVE it? This was so boring, pointless, and long.
Paula Abdul Interview: I liked this because of Nicole's impression. Voice-wise, it wasn't that good, but she nailed ALL of Paula's movements and facial expressions. Good sketch. .5
24 with Bobby Lee: Not as good as 1206's, but better then most. Highlight was the Jesus/Bobby Lee "Heroes" shrine.
QVC: Quacker Factory: Superbowl: I LOVED this, Nicole Parker is a genuis. This just rocked overall. I love when she said "You can use 2% milk...but I use 59%...I just do.". A+ sketch, by FAR the best sketch of the night.
Sex in the Car: Fell flat...but Arden and Frank performed well, so i'll give it one extra point for that. .5
Overall: Hmmm...some things here were great, but some things were just painful. Interesting to note that for the first time this season, animation was completely absent. Overall i'd say this was an ok episode...but I think next year they should drop the Superbowl theme, because it's a pretty lame theme if you ask me. Mixed episode that wound up being alright.

6/10

Next week - Finally, consecutive new episodes! An American Idol skit and a Scavenger Hunt one-off looking sketch with Grey's Anatomy's Kate Walsh. Sounds good to me.

Last edited by Rurry; 02/12/2007 at 8:09 PM.
Old 02/03/2007, 11:14 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I watched for the first time in forevah. I don't feel the need to do a full review or anything because I didn't really like the episode, other than the Quacker Factory sketch. I'll let it slide since it was a super bowl themed episode and I don't care for those. Hopefully next week is better, if I watch it.
Old 02/03/2007, 11:15 PM
just crazy

I was seeing the episode and the sketches were passing along...

... it was 11:42 and I said: "Is this gonna be an Ardenless episode?"

then Quacker Factory and the Sex in Car sketches came...

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 02/03/2007, 11:18 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierOmar View Post
I was seeing the episode and the sketches were passing along...

... it was 11:42 and I said: "Is this gonna be an Ardenless episode?"

then Quacker Factory and the Sex in Car sketches came...
MADtv pretty much forgot females existed in this episode besides Quacker Factory, Paula Abdul, and part of the opening sketch. That's why I hate the Superbowl theme...it's always a male-dominated show.

Old 02/03/2007, 11:37 PM
Obsessed!

I could kick myself for missing it.....I've never seen a Quacker Factory sketch, and I've seen the real ones on QVC...lol and I love Nicole Parker, so I feel like that I would love them.....other than that sketch and the Depressed persian tow truck man...it sounds like it was a bad episode.....

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 02/03/2007, 11:40 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I could kick myself for missing it.....I've never seen a Quacker Factory sketch, and I've seen the real ones on QVC...lol and I love Nicole Parker, so I feel like that I would love them.....other than that sketch and the Depressed persian tow truck man...it sounds like it was a bad episode.....
Yeah, wasn't the best, but the superbowl episodes always suck. BUT, the QVC Quacker Factory sketch alone made it worth watching.

Old 02/04/2007, 12:37 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Yeah, wasn't the best, but the superbowl episodes always suck. BUT, the QVC Quacker Factory sketch alone made it worth watching.
youtube doesn't have any quacker factory episodes on it...at least that I could find....do you know where else to look for that sketch or one of the quacker factory's?

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 02/04/2007, 1:07 PM
Hardcore Fan

I saw the skit feautring Shawn Merriman and lot of people who live in my area who follow the New England Patroits hated for dissing the team in a halftime interview on CBS during the Jets/Patroits claming that he wanted the Jets to win the game and never mention the Patroits at all during the interview.

the following after the Pats' upset Shawn's team called The San Diego Chargers in the next round, a couple of Pats' players mocked Shawn's "Lights Out" dance after the game and a couple of teamates ripped the entire for showing no class to them.

Buy a lot of people the Chargers were whining too much and should shut up.

Anyway, who do you got in the Super Bowl, Colts or Bears?
Old 02/04/2007, 2:04 PM
Bender: still great

Open: Bobby and Ike Play Football - Lame lame lame lame lame. As typical of these kind of bits, Ike's parts were the best, and Bobby's bits were occasionally funny, but tiring. However, I'd say that Crista was the worst part of the sketch...she was REALLY annoying, more so then Bobby taking his clothes off AGAIN. Then again, I loved Nicole Parker's cameo (), but still...

Scottish Protesters: Anal Rape - Another WTF? sketch, but this was pretty good. It reminded me of something I would see on Family Guy, but it was also a tad too long.

Superstitious Knights: Superbowl - If I had to score this on a measure of talent, it would get 5 stars easily. Unfortunately, talent doesn't always = funny, so...

DPTTM: Condi Rice - I didn't catch this, because Medieval II: Total War is such an enslaving force to be reckoned with, much moreso than MADtv. No score.

Michael and the Super Bowl - Boring. That's all I can say. Again, I blame Medieval II: Total War.

Paula Abdul Interview - After a crappy, uninteresting period in the show, it finally picks up steam here. Nicole's impression wasn't that accurate voice-wise (is this an unfortunate trend for ALL of Nicole Parker's impressions recently?), but she did nail every other facet of Paula Abdul flawlessly, so she's easily forgiven. Also, Keegan was a good foil as well.

24 with Bobby Lee - Now THIS was great! Bobby was at his best here, and so was Mary Lynn Rajskub. I agree with Rurry here, the one in 1206 was (a little) better, but this still surpassed every other 24 bit in S11.

QVC Quacker Factory: Superbowl - Another great skit. Once again, Nicole Parker hits it out of the park with this. Not as good as the previous two, but that's like saying Nicole Parker is a little less awesome than Mo Collins.

Sex in the Car - NO SHAMELESS ADVERTISING! C'mon MADtv, didn't you pimp out the Toyota Yaris ENOUGH last year??? And now you're doing it AGAIN?! BAD MAD, BAD! But at least Frank and Arden were good in this, too bad that's a hollow victory at best.

It's like half of the sketches were good or great, but the other half were...blech...terrible. So when you add it all up, this was a pretty mediocre episode.

5.5/10

Old 02/04/2007, 2:23 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Ike & Bobby: Football: Ike and Bobby go out and play football, but Bobby is upset because the only people on his team are Crista and two hobos while Ike's team has NFL star Shawne Merriman.
-I actually rather enjoyed this sketch. I loved Crista trying to act all tough and Bobby getting naked to get a touchdown. Pretty good.
Quotes:
Matt: Why are all your plays the titles of gay movies?
Rating: 4/5

Battle Speech #1: A Scottish warrior (Jordan) tries to tell his men (Frank, Ike) about how the British are always in their way. But when he tells then about how he was raped by them, the others can't really relate.
-At first this was, like, okay. Not really great, but really started to get better as the scene progressed. Really off-the-wall and out there, so I really enjoyed it. Part 2 was even better, but I'll get to that later.

Superstitious Knights: Regional Football Champs: Carl and Ty (Keegan and Jordan, respectively) tell their friend (Frank) about how they used their dancing to keep the Bears in the lead. Their friend doesn't believe them, though, so he starts to do all kinds of things that are bad luck, which, in turn, costs the Bears the game.
-These will never be as good as the first one. The first one was pretty funny and had amazing choreography. Now they're just pretty mediocre. But it was pretty funny at the end then the Bears lost.
Rating: 2.5/5

WQRW Channel 8 News #1-4 (Keegan- [voice only]): Little news commercials showing regular people doing regular things, but claiming they're all part of a conspiracy.
-These were okay, really short, but the last two were the best. "Do these birds have AIDS?" "Hate crimes, tonight at 11"
Rating: 3.5/5

Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: Condoleezza Rice: Mofaz (Micheal) picks up Condoleezza Rice (Nicole RJ) after her car breaks down, and they have an interesting conversation...
-This one was pretty good. Interesting dialogue, and pretty funny.
Quotes:
Mofaz: "The boys want original recipe; the girls want extra crispy..."
Condoleeza: "You know, KFC has a bucket with all the types you just described.
Mofaz: "How surprising that you know so much about fried chicken."
Condoleeza: "Well, it's my only vice."
Mofaz: "Gee, I though going into wars with no exit strategy was your only vice."
Condoleeza: "...Okay, two vices."

Sports Talk (Ike- Himself, Keegan- Himself, Michael- Himself): Keegan and Ike are sitting around talking about the Superbowl when Micheal shows up. They ask him a little about it and he, not knowing anything about football , pretends to know what he's talking about.
-This wasn't all that bad at all. It was funny to see Micheal's uneasiness and then Ike and Keegan actually thinking he knows what he's talking about.

Live Interview with Paula Abdul: Keegan conducts and interview via satellite with Paula Abdul (Nicole) about her recent troubles.
-Meh. The only thing really funny about it was how Paula kept calling Keegan the wrong names.
Rating: 3/5.

24 with Bobby Lee & Mary Lynn Rajskub: Mary Lynn Rajskub is shocked and appalled to wake up in Bobby's bed only to find out he's not the Asian character from Heroes. When Bobby denies ever telling her that, they go back to last night in the club, when he DOES tell her that and takes her home. Thinking she's crazy, Bobby decides to go back to last night (a la the Asian character from Heroes) in the club to avoid telling her that, but ends up doing it anyway.
-As usual 24 with Bobby Lee is hilarious. Easily one of the best sketches of the night, second only to "Battle Speech #2." The best part is when Bobby goes back to last night at the club and yells, "Yataa!" like Hiro from Heroes. And this is totally off-subject, but Mary Lynn Rajskub: HAWT!
Rating: 5/5

QVC Quacker Factory: Monday Night Quackball (Nicole P- Jeanne Bice, Nicole RJ- Carolyn Reuter, Crista- Christie, Arden- Sharon, Ike- Adam): Jeanne Bice (Nicole P) is back, and this time, she's here with brand new fashions for Superbowl Sunday.
-I REALLY don't see what is so great about these. This one was good, but not as great as everyone seems to be making it out to be. It was a pretty good sketch, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was even one of the better ones of the night.
Rating: 3.5/5

Battle Speech #2 (Jordan, Frank, Ike): The second warrior (Frank) now takes over in the first's (Jordan) absence, but he's upset that no one came to console him after being raped by the British.
-And this is definitely one of the best sketches all season, even better than the first. It was weird and random but still hilarious. Plus, Jordan wrote this himself, further proving why he is the strongest cast member on the show.
Rating: 5/5.

Commercial: 2007 Toyota Yaris: Arden and Frank play a couple about to have sex in a Toyota Yaris, all the while showing off its features.
-This was pretty cute. Don't really know what else to say besides that.
Rating: 4/5.

Close: Ike & Bobby play football: I'm not gonna rate this or anything; I just wanna say how much I REALLY wish they'd bring back cast closings now. These are starting to get old.

Final Thoughts: I'm actually surprised by how many people didn't really like this. I really enjoyed it. Most sketches varied from okay to great--there wasn't a really bad one (except Superstitious Knights). I was also really surprised at how many cast members wrote the sketches in this episode. I don't there's ever been a cast who's written so much in a season, let alone one episode. Of course, Jordan's (Battle Speech) was the best. Also, this is the first episode that hasn't had a fake musical guest or any kind of animation in it. I hope they didn't blow their whole animation budget already. ANYWAY, I really liked this, so I'll give it a...

Old 02/04/2007, 2:26 PM
zlolz

Ok, this kind of a weird, random note, that's pointless, but I was re-watching my tape, and they randomly showed Pat-Beth in the "Coming Up!" sketch for QVC Quacker Factory. Does this mean a new ILO coming up soon? (Sorry, Cag )

As for this ep, it's not that I didn't like it, it was just kind of half-and-half. I'm about to rewatch it though so maybe my opinion will change a bit. I hope animation isn't gone for good, though.

Old 02/04/2007, 2:50 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I really didn't like this episode. There weren't really any good sketches at all. Not even a decent sketch. Not saying the sketches were bad, they just weren't very good. This was an off week, but I have high hopes for the future.

The Quaker Factory was the best of the night, but other than that, everything else was blah. With the exception of crazy Crista in the football sketch, this episode was all-over mediocre.
Old 02/04/2007, 4:52 PM
just crazy

My opinion on 1212:

Ike & Bobby: Football: Only good thing: Seeing Nikky P. in a dress singing

Battle Speech #1:

Superstitious Knights: Regional Football Champs: This isn't a syncronized dancing contest. Thumbs Down.

WQRW Channel 8 News #1-4 (Keegan- [voice only]): I know that sometimes news and people overact over events. Mad saw that. I don't know if this was added before or after the Boston incident (first O&A, now the Moon thingies). That Menino...

Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: Condoleezza Rice: Mofaz + Condi = Laughs!

Sports Talk (Ike- Himself, Keegan- Himself, Michael- Himself): Is Ike always the one who writes these outsides sketches? Or was it McD? Pure Crap on a Sitck.

Live Interview with Paula Abdul: You don't have to sound nearly like the celeb to get the message. Good.

24 with Bobby Lee & Mary Lynn Rajskub: I liked it! 24wBL is rising up again.

QVC Quacker Factory: Monday Night Quackball (Nicole P- Jeanne Bice, Nicole RJ- Carolyn Reuter, Crista- Christie, Arden- Sharon, Ike- Adam): Is Jeanne Bice really that crazy? I have to figure this out. But the greatest sketch of the day.

Battle Speech #2 (Jordan, Frank, Ike): Meh.

Commercial: 2007 Toyota Yaris: This plug was so crappy that I switched it to SNL.

Old 02/04/2007, 6:12 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

2 Things:

1) Am I the only one who didn't think Quacker Factory was all that good?
2) Can somebody make a list of all the cast members who wrote sketches in this episode? I know Ike wrote "Ike and Bobby Play Football," Jordan wrote "Battle Speech," and Nicole wrote "Quacker Facory," but I know there were more. A lot more.

Old 02/04/2007, 6:33 PM
zlolz

1. Yes.
2. A complete list...

Ike and Bobby Football - Written by Ike
Battle Speech - Written by Jordan
Sports Talk - Written by Ike, Keegan, Michael
Supersticious Knights - Written by Keegan and Jordan
Quacker Factory - Written by Nicole P

That's all that was in the ending credits.

Old 02/04/2007, 8:39 PM
just crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Sports Talk - Written by Ike, Keegan, Michael

It's better when it's only one writing.

Old 02/07/2007, 2:16 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
youtube doesn't have any quacker factory episodes on it...at least that I could find....do you know where else to look for that sketch or one of the quacker factory's?
I uploaded the quacker sketch just now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbeT6ORYr34