Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1209?
Secret Santa #1-3 5 35.71%
Commercial: Tickle Me Emo 2 14.29%
Holiday Sex Party 1 7.14%
President Bush Requests Santa's Help *Claymation* 0 0%
Movie Review Show 0 0%
Saw 4: Jingle Hell 1 7.14%
Maury and Connie's All Star Christmas Spectacular #1-2 0 0%
Tori McLachlan "Merry X-Mas" 3 21.43%
Frosty the Snowman [Animation] 0 0%
Jeff Probst Sings the Songs Inspired by "Survivor" 1 7.14%
Christmas Luann 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/18/2006, 12:09 AM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
This was my first time doing a critique like this, how did I do???? Did I do it right, and how do I get half stars????
You could do it the lazy way, and just put a '.5', or do it the regular way and find the one half fraction symbol in Word/use the key combo for it. I prefer the lazy way myself.

Old 12/18/2006, 12:25 AM
Sorry, I don't eat Cat!

Oh man this episode was hilarious. I can't believe how good this episode was.

Old 12/18/2006, 12:43 AM
Fresh Meat

This episode was great! I sent Frank a few questions about it...and Nicole Parker

Let you know his answers!
Old 12/18/2006, 12:55 AM
Boo Radley

Secret Santa #1-#3: These were excellent. I loved the mammy cookie jar, with the minstrel pepper shaker bonuses.

Tickle Me Emo: When Emo took a razor blade to his arm, I knew we were in for a sick, hilarious ride tonight.

Sex with Each Other: At the end, Arden mounted a leather mask-wearing Nicole Parker. I dreamt it, and it came true! (okay, in my dream, Crista was in there too, but you can't have everything, I guess.)

George Bush and Santa: About time someone put uppity Santa in his place.

The Movie Review Show: Bobby's a favorite. And his mute, half-dead sidekick was perfect. Spraying papaya juice on Jessica Simpson's bikini area? Get out of my head, MADtv writers!

Saw 4: Holiday Edition: Haven't seen any of the real thing, but this made me laugh.

Maury and Connie's Christmas Spectacular: "Joseph - you are NOT the baby's father!" Loved this. The Rosie insults, Nicole's excellent Joy Behar, the pig with perfect timing. When that pig let loose its bowels, it looked like Nicole was inhaling at that exact second, and caught a snootful of the full fragrance. When she turned away from the camera, for a moment, it looked like she was about to hurl. When she gagged, I thought we were going to be treated to some vomit. And that pig sure knew how to milk a joke, by peeing on his dump. What a riot.

Tori McLachlan Performance: Merry Ex-Mas: I loved the sick premise of singing such a twisted song to a roomful of children. Grow up, you little bastards!

Frosty the Snowman and Global Warming: I hope Al Gore drowns in a former glacier.

Songs from Survivor: Enough Probst already. What a stiff.

Luanne Lockhart: Christmas: I like Luanne, but this was a letdown.

A solid episode. This season is definitely on track.

Old 12/18/2006, 1:03 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Secret Santa: #1-3 - This was a great Open to the show and a good 3-parter. My first big laugh came from Mike's outburst against Ike. Yah, go figure. I also cracked up at Keegan's childhood photo and (Nicole)RJ's gift of the 'Mammy' jar and 2 pepper shakers. The engagement ring part ended it off very nicely, I liked all 3 parts.

Commercial: Tickle Me Emo - Plain and simple, Loved it! There's nothing I like more then hating on emos. The phrases were funny but the 'cutting' action was hilarious! I only wish Emo was wearing glasses and a turtleneck.

Holiday Sex Party - This was really random. I thought it was going to be one of those sketches about the Gated Community (the one with the neighborhood watch) and I was dissapoined because I probably would've enjoyed it more.

Claymation: President Bush asks Santa for Help - This was pretty good. Funny but not hilarious. I do like that Mad is adding more animation.

Xing-Lao "Johnny" Gan: Thailand Cable Access Movie Review - This was... odd. The only connection I made was that theres alot of prostitution in Thailand and thats why he wanted to screw "Jessica Simpson" on a pile of her own money. Erm? Yah.

Saw 4: Jingle Hell - I liked this alot. Lately I haven't been to impressed with Mad's movie parodies but this was great. The best part was definetly Frank's itchy sweater of death! This sketch had some funny makeup FX.

Maury & Connie: All Star Christmas Spectacular - I was so prepared to hate this sketch. Thank god that pig decided to deficate, cause I totally would have otherwise. I still say Bobby has uber talent for walking in those boots.

Tori McLachlan Performs "Merry EX-mas" - Again, really enjoying the "musical guests." I thought this song was pretty funny, but the awkward faces on the children were great. That one asian girl looked like Bobby in a wig. LOL

Animation: Frosty the Snowman - Again, funny but not hilarious. Al Gore's a real wet blanket tho, so i'm liking it still.

Jeff Probst: Songs Inspired by "Survivor" - I really like that Jeff has always made an effort when he appears on MAD, but this has got to be his best appearance yet. The songs were hilarious, but during Jeff's rendition of the 'Survivor' theme... I nearly lost bladder control. I need to download that. lmfao

Luann Lockhart: Holiday Standup - I was interested in another Luann sketch, but I was rather dissapointed because it seemed like she had already used similar material. Then again, i'm sure that's a character flaw she'd have anyway.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 12/18/2006, 3:03 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeti View Post
It was me who provided the Elmo voice, glad to hear that many liked it, I thought it was funny too. By the way, I was Bert and Grover in the myspace Seasame Street.
That is great. It was a very funny sketch and I am so glad that someone on the cast shares my disdain for children.
Old 12/18/2006, 3:18 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeti View Post
It was me who provided the Elmo voice, glad to hear that many liked it, I thought it was funny too. By the way, I was Bert and Grover in the myspace Seasame Street.
Wow, that's awesome, you did a great job, I thought it was digital or something!

Old 12/18/2006, 4:06 PM
zlolz

Wow, I can't believe how quickly Tickle Me Emo has gotten big. Look at how popular the video is on YouTube. Already 8 pages of comments and a ton of views. Almost as popular as Laguna Biotch.

Old 12/18/2006, 5:25 PM
Casual Fan

I was at the Tori McLachlan taping on Dec 2 and it was amazing!
Btw, the same day of the taping, Aries Spears was in the Madtv Studio chatting with the audience for a little while and left.

Old 12/20/2006, 8:49 PM
Fresh Meat

I have to say..
This episode was great.
All the skits were funny.
I'd say probably the best episode this season. :-D
Old 12/30/2006, 11:48 AM
Regular

One of funniest MADtv Christmas episodes ever.

Old 12/31/2006, 9:17 PM
Bender: still great

For the claymation sketch where President Bush requested Santa's help, the voice of Bush was provided by (and don't quote me on this 100%, after all I got this from friggin' YouTube ) James Adomian, and, of course, Michael McDonald was the voice of Santa Claus.

Old 01/01/2007, 7:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

At least it's the best claymation sketch since Clops 3
Old 01/06/2007, 1:11 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

Tickle me emo and tori mclachlan were easily the two best sketches of the night
Old 01/06/2007, 1:33 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Tickle me emo is easily one of the best sketches I've seen in a while. It's really gotten around, too. People who usually don't watch the show have seen that sketch for it's hilarity. One of the better parodies of the teen culture mHm

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 01/06/2007, 10:37 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt007 View Post
Tickle me emo is easily one of the best sketches I've seen in a while. It's really gotten around, too. People who usually don't watch the show have seen that sketch for it's hilarity. One of the better parodies of the teen culture mHm
Yeah, I heard a few kids in my school talk about it the other day. It's awesome.

Old 12/09/2007, 6:41 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Thank goodness -- an episode worth re-watching!

Old 12/09/2007, 9:48 AM
Fresh Meat

My favorite sketch of the show would have to be Songs From Survivor featuring Jeff Probst. My favorite song was "Put Your Clothes On Fatty" witch I nearly died laughing at! () I loved it! If anyone has clips of Songs Of Survivor on youtube or any other video sharing website,post the link here!

Love,
MadTVLover
Old 12/09/2007, 12:30 PM
zlolz

Did this air last night? Aw I wanted to catch it This was an INCREDIBLE episode.

Old 12/09/2007, 2:18 PM
Season 14 is Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Did this air last night? Aw I wanted to catch it This was an INCREDIBLE episode.
No it airs next Saturday , I've never been so happy to watch a rerun of an old season during a new season. I really wanna re-watch the secret santa again.