Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1207?
Black Friday 2 15.38%
Capote: Infamous #1-3 0 0%
Coach Hines: Homecoming Game #1-2 2 15.38%
The 2006 Cactus Ridge P.G.A Desert Classic 3 23.08%
Celebrity Pets: Tom Cruise's Cat *Claymation* 0 0%
The Sound of Music Alternative Endings 6 46.15%
Dane Cook gets Heckled 0 0%
OJ Simpson Interview: "If I Did It, Here's How It Happened" 0 0%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Pt. II 0 0%
Weekly News with Toby: Celebrity Divorces 0 0%
Happy Feet Premire 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/26/2006, 2:39 PM
JAVAN said so.

I Missed It! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Old 11/26/2006, 5:43 PM
O YEAH?! o no.

Open: Crista on Black Friday:pretty good opening i thought,,i liked the end where christa bit keegans foot lol

Capote #1-#3: i thought these were pretty ok,,,the reviews part were the funniest by far,,"well we say, YOU never wore an eyepatch" LMAO! haha...i thought that part was funny,,,and the "why do you hate black people?" part haha

Coach Hines: Special Visit: i really liked this one,,coach hines is one of my favorites and i laughed out loud pretty much through the whole thing

PGA in Arizona: mmm im from arizona! not that that does anything, but incase anyone asks, no nothin happend here recently like that,,,pretty much just the fact that its hot as hell,,,anyway i thought michael and keegan perfected their delivery of their lines, and pancake nipples lmao! i liked this one

Celebrity Pets: Tom Cruise's Cat: im really glad claymation is back,,i agree with you guys that said it should pretty much just be this bit and toby that are the animation sketches,,theyre always pretty funny

Sound of Music Alternatie Endings: brilliant sketch, especially the second ending lol

Dane Cook Quits Stand-Up: i personally think dane cook's great, but i really liked this parody of him,,,ike really puts alot into imitating his antics,,the heckler guy was hilarious lol

OJ Simpson Interview: loved it. especially when everyone casually called him killer, and how he put on the glove, and stabbed the cake lmao very good

Korean Soap Opera Part II: i was on the computer during this one so i saw parts of it, but it was pretty funny i thought

Weekly News with Toby: Divorces: i really liked this one. especially the ending line haha

Arden at the Happy Feet Premiere: Honestly wasn't paying much attention because Arden was looking HOT.<<<<well said.

Close: Coach Hines: good ending,,,really funny imo

this episode was hilarious,,,i liked that there was no fake performance, although my cable thing said lady sovreign was gonna perform, which i wouldve liked to watch...mainly cus shes hot....anyway great episode!!

Old 11/26/2006, 6:51 PM
Fresh Meat

the opening was hilarious, I loved it!

Moulder: What?
Scully: She says He... Lookah Likah Man

Miss Swan Rox!
Old 11/26/2006, 7:18 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

After seeing the first half of the episode, I think MAD is finally getting the format down straight. They're not going too crazy on the #1-3 pieces anymore. I liked how the Capote sketches were pretty close to each other.

Crista Black Friday: Surprisingly funny. Crazy Crista is the best kind of Crista you can get. Even if it is horribly overacted. Still funny. Kudos to Crista.

Capote: Caeti did a pretty respectable job after Caliendo did the impression last season. The other Capotes had their moments. But Ike's Walburg is stale.

Coach Hines: I like this second generation Coach Hines. He's much funnier with Caeti and Bobby there with him, and with Ike not playing the principal. Hines is no longer hated in my book, but he's getting a bit overplayed.

PGA: Devil Bobby made it all worthwhile. A weird sketch, but it wasn't totally lost. Mike's dirty little pancake nipples disgusted me. Yet I laughed.

Celebrity Pets: I feel bad insulting it, because I know it much take forever to do, but when they really aren't that funny, I don't know what to say. I think it was a Katie Holmes joke somewhat, but regardless, it wasn't that funny.

Sound of Music: The endings were pretty funny. I liked the DVD theme they went with, FFing on Julie and such. A well put together sketch that ended up being pretty funny. Horrah!

Where's the Nicole RJ love at this episode? MORE LADIES! LESS KEEGAN!
Old 11/27/2006, 1:49 PM
zlolz

Dane Cook fans seem to really be offended at the Dane Cook parody - there are some HARSH YouTube comments about the skit.

Some people don't know the meaning of the word "parody".

Old 11/27/2006, 2:14 PM
zlolz

Does ANYBODY know where I can find the Sound of Music skit? Its not on YouTube, and torrents and my computer dont go well together. Is there a yousendit link or something for it floating around?

Old 11/27/2006, 3:55 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Dane Cook fans seem to really be offended at the Dane Cook parody - there are some HARSH YouTube comments about the skit.

Some people don't know the meaning of the word "parody".
You should have seen the comments on the "I'm Beautiful" parody, where people defended James Blunt to the bitter end there. Nothing to worry about, though, because the collective intelligence of the average YouTube fanb0i is lower than my shoe size (which isn't all that big, mind you)

Old 11/28/2006, 2:52 AM
Boo Radley

Open: Black Friday - After seeing real-life footage of lunatics crushing each other while trying to squeeze through department store doorways, this rang very true. Crista's so great at portraying frantic, unbalanced characters, it makes me wonder if she's really acting.

Capote #1-3 - This gave me a few laughs, but they seem to be falling in love with the "beat the point to death" premise (i.e. - Michael's John Kerry jokester, and the Baby Suri Cruise-Holmes-Hubbard bits from the past few shows.)

Coach Hines: Homecoming Game - I hate Coach Hines, but I laughed at that line Jordan delivered about his shorts being "so high, they'd fail a drug test!"

PGA Tour in Arizona - I hated this until Devil Bobby appeared. What can I say? Bobby brings the funny.

Celebrity Pets: Tom Cruise's Cat - Thought the Mariah Carey one was lame, and this one too.

Sound of Music: Alternate Endings - Loved this. Solid stuff from everyone, especially Nicole Parker.

Dane Cook Standup - I think Dane Cook is one of the few things Ike does well, but I agree with those who feel this is in serious danger of overexposure.

OJ Simpson Hidden Interview - I flashed back to Orlando Jones. His OJ was better, but I like how they captured the current OJ's receding hairline and expanding forehead. This could have been better, but it was okay.

Attitudes and Feelings... Pt. 2 - Glad to see this bizarre sketch back. And glad I recorded it, to read that very long, blink and you'd miss it monologue from the chick. But after reading it, if you didn't record it, you didn't really miss anything.

Weekly News with Toby: Celebrity Divorces - Stop beating stuff to death, just for the sake of beating stuff to death.

Happy Feet Premiere - Arden has really grown on me over the past two seasons. She's terrific on the carpet, as well as in the studio.

A step up, again. The first three episodes this season weren't an illusion. Overall, I like the way this season's going. Much better than last.

Old 11/28/2006, 5:36 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Can someone make a list of who Arden interviewed at the Happy Feet premiere?

Old 11/28/2006, 5:51 PM
Bender: still great

I distinctly remember Arden interviewing Dana Gould, and that's about it. Hope it helps.

Old 11/28/2006, 6:17 PM
zlolz

I know she interviewed Brittney Murphey and Robin Williams, and I think Elijah Wood. Other then that, i dont remember.

Old 11/28/2006, 7:54 PM
Hardcore Fan

I remember Robin Williams was interviewed but that was it
Old 11/28/2006, 8:11 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

In order, Elizabeth Daily, Robin Williams, Dana Gould, Elijah Wood, and Brittany Murphy.
Old 11/28/2006, 8:16 PM
zlolz

Does anyone know when 1208 is going to air? Next week is a repeat of 1202 but im not sure about the week after that, because we have info for Dec. 16, but not info on Dec. 9. I cant imagine they'd go on a random 2 week break though...

Old 11/29/2006, 2:16 PM
Relative Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbguy View Post
I missed the first two sketches "Black Friday" and "#1 Capote". Is there anywhere I can see them? Someone mentioned Frank was in the first Capote, which actor did he play in it?
I hope I'm not too late with this, but ORLYOwl uploaded the Black Friday sketch to YouTube yesterday.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tRL7HcTFmXI

As for Capote Sequel #1 (titled "infamous"), I think that Frank was Phillip Seymour Hoffman because that was the only actor whose name was mentioned during the segment.

I suppose, while I'm at it, I should compile all the sketches that have been found online so far. In additon to the Dane Cook and Black Friday sketches, here are some more (FYI, I didn't upload any of them. I just search for them.) ...

"The Sound of Music" Alternate Endings:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LP5DHhsWfRk

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Pt. II
http://youtube.com/watch?v=76uJv9ZBzlw

The 2006 Cactus Ridge P.G.A. Desert Classic
(Go to http://www.veoh.com, then enter "madtv caddie" as the search terms)
(Unfortunately, the last few seconds have been cut off)

I would think that there are some other sketches floating elsewhere, but YouTube and veoh.com are the only viral video networks that I've relied upon so far.

Last edited by Hypn0; 11/29/2006 at 3:30 PM.
Old 12/02/2006, 11:03 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Does anyone know when 1208 is going to air? Next week is a repeat of 1202 but im not sure about the week after that, because we have info for Dec. 16, but not info on Dec. 9. I cant imagine they'd go on a random 2 week break though...
I think 1208 will air next week.

Old 12/02/2006, 6:45 PM
Fresh Meat

"Why this restaurant looks chinese?
The korean noodles must be delicious. "

hahaha

i laughed so hard that i started to cry, lol
my dad thought i was insane.

definitely one of the funniest skits of E08.
Old 12/02/2006, 8:50 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainBell View Post
"Why this restaurant looks chinese?
The korean noodles must be delicious. "

hahaha

i laughed so hard that i started to cry, lol
my dad thought i was insane.

definitely one of the funniest skits of E08.

Old 12/03/2006, 2:16 AM
Relative Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
I think 1208 will air next week.
It will. I caught the re-run (which was actually Episode #1203) earlier tonight, and FOX aired a preview of what to expect. I didn't tape it, so my memory is hazy at this point. But it looks like Jordan will be impersonating Flavor Flav in a parody of one of the rapper's shows. Nicole RJ and Crista were in the sketch as well.
Old 12/03/2006, 3:09 AM
Relative Unknown

Default Review Time (Better Late than Never)

Whoops! Double post ...

Open - Black Friday: Crista and Keegan worked very well together, and this sketch was one of the better openings in a long time. NemesisDesign and Hikikomorian covered much of the stuff I wanted to say, with regards to Crista's strengths. Heh, those "Hope Is Emo" podcasts must have paid off because I really enjoyed the way Crista conveyed her emotions here. And I love it whenever she gets to beat the living snot out of somebody. First Bobby, now Keegan ... who's next? I hate to be a broken record here, but Crista is awesome when it comes to physical comedy.

Capote Sequels: I didn't really care for these. IMO, some of the narration bits brought them down. Jordan's Morgan Freeman provided a nice little "WTF" moment, though.

Coach Hines - Homecoming Game: For the most part, I like Coach Hines, and this sketch had its moments. I laughed when I heard about the Coach's battery acid shampoo and urethra transplant. However, I still think the installments from #1119 and #1201 were the best. Bring back the chalkboard!

2006 Cactus Ridge PGA Desert Classic: I watch a fair amount of golf year-round, and I think that Michael and Keegan did a good job imitating the deadpan delivery of so many real-life golf commentators. But yeah, I really lost it when Devil Bobby appeared.

Celebrity Pets - Tom Cruise's Cat: Huh?

"The Sound of Music" Alternate Endings: What can I possibly say? This was virtually perfect! Sure, it would have been nice to hear even more songs, such as "Do-Re-Mi" and "Edelweiss." Still, I absolutely adore Nicole P's Julie Andrews impression, and every scene was well-executed.

Dane Cook Performs at MADtv: A bit less funny than the previous Dane Cook bits, but still pretty good. I definitely agree that this is in danger of getting overexposed, though.

O.J. Simpson Interview: It started off slow, and there were some mildly funny lines during the restaurant scene. But yeah, the cake stabbing scene was worth it.

Attitudes and Feelings... Pt. 2: I'd say this was as great as the first. I really liked how the background music kept changing and how Bobby looked confused while hugging Cathy Shim. The super-slow-motion scenes and reverse angles of Bobby's fall were hilarious, and it was great to see the excessive subtitles return. Oh yeah, did anyone catch the "You have not deaded!" line?

Weekly News with Toby - Celebrity Divorces: Didn't care for this overall, but I liked the ending lines about Toby's dad offering his "man juice" to those Hollywood broads.

Red Carpet - Happy Feet: A satisfying ending to a strong episode. And so, Arden continues to put Ike & Bobby to shame with these bits. For me, the best moments were those with Robin Williams and Dana Gould (and his "Margaret Cho doll"). I also liked the very end when she pointed across the street to the Hooters restaurant and said that she had a swing shift there.

Last edited by Hypn0; 12/03/2006 at 4:02 PM. Reason: Fixed several typos