Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1204?
Show Open: Back on Track 1 6.25%
Project Runway #1-3 6 37.50%
Terrorist Darbie 0 0%
Inside Looking Back 2 12.50%
First Light Yoga 0 0%
Sesame Street: Internet Pedophile #1-2 4 25.00%
John Kerry Apologises #1-3 0 0%
Eugene Struthers goes to a Ho Nuba Lebol with Nelly Furtado 0 0%
Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox 0 0%
Condi Comes to Harlem 0 0%
Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/06/2006, 7:36 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Sorry to butt into this healthy discussion, but has anyone found a public tracker for this episode?

I found a private one, but it requires you to sign up for a site that isn't accepting new members right now. One of those "refresh until the sign up form pops up, if you're lucky they weeded out old dead members" kind of private sites.

Old 11/06/2006, 7:55 PM
zlolz

What the heck, ill rank the seasons, too...LOL

12 (so far...i know im taking a risk, but im really positive about this season)
11B (i just cant rank the first part and last part of Season 11 together, because I actually REALLY liked the 2nd part and hated hated hated hated the first part)
11A

I guess im weird, I never liked seasons 1-4 as much as everyone else did. I liked Seasons 3 and 4, but i thought the first 2 seasons were kinda bland.
Old 11/06/2006, 7:56 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
Sorry to butt into this healthy discussion, but has anyone found a public tracker for this episode?

I found a private one, but it requires you to sign up for a site that isn't accepting new members right now. One of those "refresh until the sign up form pops up, if you're lucky they weeded out old dead members" kind of private sites.
I havent I really wish the sketches would get on youtube, im dying to see ILO and the Project Runway parody again.
Old 11/06/2006, 7:59 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
I guess im weird, I never liked seasons 1-4 as much as everyone else did. I liked Seasons 3 and 4, but i thought the first 2 seasons were kinda bland.
I LOVED the first two seasons...wait, scratch that. I LOVED the early season cast, especially Nicole Sullivan, Mary Scheer, Phil LaMarr, and David Herman. Those four were brilliant performers IMO, among the best ever on the show. However, the writing for those seasons weren't always consistent, especially for S1.

Old 11/06/2006, 8:00 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCagnazzo View Post
I LOVED the first two seasons...wait, scratch that. I LOVED the early season cast, especially Nicole Sullivan, Mary Scheer, Phil LaMarr, and David Herman. Those four were brilliant performers IMO, among the best ever on the show. However, the writing for those seasons weren't always consistent, especially for S1.
I agree, the cast was great, but the writing at times seemed dull. It improved in S3 though and then even moreso in Seasons 4 and 5.
Old 11/06/2006, 8:17 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
Funny, but I thought we were talking about Mad TV. My bad.
Funny, but I thought that was pretty easy to understand. My bad.

Quote:
Didn't mean to imply you were, although I can see how you took it that way. What I DID mean to imply is that being in the minority, as you stated I was, is irrelevant. Minority or not, I believe the quality of this season so far has been below par and I have explained why. Finding 10,000 people that would rubber stamp Carrot Top as being the greatest comedian of all time doesn't make it true.
I'm not saying you're in the minority, and if I am, so what? I could say that, just by looking at posts on this forum and various others, I'm in the minority by liking Season 11, or NOT liking Season 1. It doesn't matter, and I have no problems with you not liking this season.

Quote:
No I can't, but praising bad sketches isn't likely to improve the quality of upcoming episodes. I am a DIE HARD Mad TV fan and I don't won't to see this show die or fade into mediocrity because it's fans are willing to settle for whetever they are fed. I am loyal to the show, but only to a point. There is plenty to do and see out there and if these last 4 shows represent the Mad TV producer's idea of excellence in comedy, than I will definitely ramp up my search for alternative entertainment and close my book on this show.
I see where you're coming from with this, but I don't know if the fans are "settling." I mean, during Season 11, people were registering JUST to talk sh!t about the season. In fact, I'd think they'd be MORE critical after last season. As far as you "closing your book on this show," I can't convince you either way. All I'm saying is, it takes a bit for a season to get its footing. Then again, I'm pretty lenient on the first few episodes of a show/season, but I CAN honestly admit that, first episodes are not, I think the beginning of season 12 has been impressive.

Quote:
The best season since season 5????? Tell me that was a joke. And YES, I CAN COMPARE the first four episodes of this season to the first four episodes of prior seasons especially since I have actually seen the first four episides of every season. Oh wait, that's an opinion ... er ... I mean generalization, isn't it? Sorry, let me run these episodes through my computer-based, Bayesian statistical comedy pattern analysis software and see what it says. Dang! You're right! This is the funniest season ever! That Chingy bit in #1202 came up as the funniest sketch in the history of television. Sid Ceasar is wishing he had thought of it first.
1) No, it was not a joke. I think this season thus far is looking to be much better than the last few. We got the return of stop-motion (which is not REALLY a plus since they're so short, but it's a start); the cast feels more connected now (which is one of the main problems I had with seasons 8-10, and to a lesser extent, 11); and 1201 and 1204 have made me laugh more than any episode in a while. And like I said, many wouldn't think so drastically.
2) See, that's the problem -- you didn't SAY the first four episodes of each season. I thought you were comparing the first four episodes of this season to all of the episodes of the other seasons. Just a misunderstanding on my part/vagueness on your part, I guess.

Quote:
Nah. I'm one of those fans that blows smoke up my favorites show's butts no matter how bad they are. Besides, I haven't said a single nice thing about any sketch this season, right? I mean, as long as we are generalizing.

Yes, I'd say you are quite good at [generalizing].
You're damn right I am.

Quote:
Wait, let me think....uh...because it's my honest opinion? Am I dishonestly stating my opinion again? Dang, I hate when that happens.
See below.

Quote:
You DID argue that! Didn't you say that I was in the minority in not liking the new season? Doesn't it therefore follow that the majority IS loving it? Is that a generalization or is it logic? Hmmmm. Maybe the word "vast" changes everything. I guess we will just have to settle for the fact that I am in the minitory which you knew categorically because you took a poll just before you posted, right?
No, I did not say that you were in the minority, and if I did, it was sarcasm to what you said.

Quote:
Phew! This comes as quite a relief, actually. I was beginning to think I wasn't entitled to have an opinion, me being in the minority and all. Doesn't the US constitution say that minorities are not allowed to have opinions? Did I read that somewhere or I am generalizing again? Or maybe I am making a joke. Then again, aren't jokes just humorous generalizations of personal events?
This has NOTHING to do with you having your own opinion. It has EVERYTHING to do with you saying (or implying) that more fans are going to start disliking the show based on YOUR opinion on a season that's FOUR episodes in.

Quote:
I guess, in general, I agree with that generalization. How could I not? I mean ALL generalizations ARE bad, right? Don't you just hate those schmucks that walk around making sweeping generalizations like "All men are created equal." What a bunch of generalizing aholes!
I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm, but I still agree. All men are NOT created equal, by any means.

Quote:
Let me recap here. If I say the show is bad and the season is shaping up to be one of the worst ever, even if I explain myself on a sketch by sketch basis, I am generalizing and this is bad. OK.

If you, on the other hand, make the sweeping statement that I am in the minority for not loving the show, it is NOT a generalization. Let's just call it a scientifically proven, statiscally verified conjecture. Got it.
No. And if you think that's what I'm saying, you've missed the point of my post. I've said the exact OPPOSITE of what you did, but I'm not generalizing in my statement, and neither are you. I'm saying you're generalizing by saying that fans that like this season "would post a good review if they put a picture of a tomato on the screen for an hour," or "are willing to settle for whetever they are fed," or "blows smoke up my favorites show's butts no matter how bad they are." THOSE are examples of your generalizing, or even you saying your "minority" of fans who don't like this season will become the majority. Are there fans like that who will post a good review no matter what? Yes, as are there people who will post BAD reviews no matter what. But what you're implying is that ALL the people who give good reviews are like that (or at least, that's what I'm getting from your posts, and if that's not what you mean, I apologize for misinterpreting what you said).

Quote:
PS. I am just having a little fun with you.
Oh, absolutely. No hard feelings here on my part, just a friendly (or, "semi-friendly") debate/discussion.

Old 11/06/2006, 8:33 PM
Relative Unknown

I'm not taking credit for this or anything, but ...

For those who missed the show, the Project Runway spoof has already been uploaded to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYcwjmcW7s
Old 11/06/2006, 8:41 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
For elscorcho:
[...]
Thank you for taking the time to do all of that. It's GREATLY appreciated (I'll edit it all in tomorrow)
Old 11/06/2006, 8:44 PM
Relative Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do all of that. It's GREATLY appreciated (I'll edit it all in tomorrow)
You're welcome.
Old 11/06/2006, 8:55 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypn0d1scf4n View Post
I'm not taking credit for this or anything, but ...

For those who missed the show, the Project Runway spoof has already been uploaded to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYcwjmcW7s
YESSS!!!! Ive been looking for that. Now I just hope ILO is uploaded...
Old 11/08/2006, 12:18 AM
Sorry, I don't eat Cat!

I liekd this episode a lot. It was hilarious.

The best sketch in Season 7 IMO was The Price is Lorright. (Or was that 6? I can't remember).

Old 11/10/2006, 11:35 PM
Fresh Meat

OMG this sounded like a great episode and I missed it!!!
Can someone please post this episode?
(Either on Rapidshare or Megaupload or somewhere else)

Thanks!
Old 11/12/2006, 12:12 AM
Regular

I really liked this episode. The Sesame Street and Jump Soon were awesome!

I'd just wish they'd stop letting Bobby go naked during every show.

Old 11/13/2006, 10:22 AM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Funny, but I thought that was pretty easy to understand. My bad.:
That's funny, so did I but you seemed compelling to point it out anyway.

Quote:
I have no problems with you not liking this season.
Wow. You could have fooled me.

Quote:
I see where you're coming from with this, but I don't know if the fans are "settling."
Nah. By saying this is the second best season ever, you are motivating the producers to really start trying to improve the show, right?

Quote:
I mean, during Season 11, people were registering JUST to talk sh!t about the season.
Which we both know they are not entitled to do. At least as long as you are here. This is a cheerleading sight only.

Quote:
All I'm saying is, it takes a bit for a season to get its footing.
Footting, smutting, this is the second best season ever, remember.

Quote:
No, it was not a joke. I think this season thus far is looking to be much better than the last few.
But this is the second best season EVER! Don't you remember? Or did you forget saying that too.

Quote:
We got the return of stop-motion (which is not REALLY a plus since they're so short, but it's a start);
Sure, I'm with you. Stop action! That's funny stuff! I hear they are going to do stop action of a cattle mutilation on an upcoming episode! Sounds hilarious! Why bother writing fresh, funny material when you can just use stop action.

Quote:
1201 and 1204 have made me laugh more than any episode in a while.
Yeah, me too! I was even laughing during the openning credits.

Quote:
2) See, that's the problem -- you didn't SAY the first four episodes of each season. I thought you were comparing the first four episodes of this season to all of the episodes of the other seasons. Just a misunderstanding on my part/vagueness on your part, I guess.
Gosh, I like the way the worded that. I mean, it wasn't arrogant or self inflating in any way. "I might have made a small mistake. Either thar or you were just a flaming, retared idiot."

Quote:
No, I did not say that you were in the minority, and if I did, it was sarcasm to what you said.
So you say now.

Quote:
This has NOTHING to do with you having your own opinion. It has EVERYTHING to do with you saying (or implying) that more fans are going to start disliking the show based on YOUR opinion on a season that's FOUR episodes in.
Did I say that? Funny, because I couldn't find that statement anywhere in any of my posts. Opps. I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that only your opinion matters.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm, but I still agree. All men are NOT created equal, by any means.
You agree!!!???!!! OH MY GAWD!!! You didn't get it at all, did you? No wonder you like this season so much.

Quote:
And if you think that's what I'm saying, you've missed the point of my post.
Hmmm. I don't know. You have been sufficiently insulting to get your point across about how much my opinion doesn't matter and yours does.

Quote:
but I'm not generalizing
Nah. No way. Making statements like "All generlizations are bad" is not a generalization.

Quote:
I'm saying you're generalizing by saying that fans that like this season "would post a good review if they put a picture of a tomato on the screen for an hour,"
Boy, you nailed me on that generalization. For a minute there I could have sworn it was a joke.

Quote:
"blows smoke up my favorites show's butts no matter how bad they are."
You mean like people that say this is the second best season ever?

Quote:
THOSE are examples of your generalizing, or even you saying your "minority" of fans who don't like this season will become the majority.
Actually, that's not what I said. I implied, as part of a joke that most people don't watch Mad TV, a "generalization" I feel extremely accurate in making since we have something called ratings that pretty much proove this is true. I'm sorry it didn't fit into your self obsessed argument in it's original form, but, what the heck, feel feel to continue to change or invent the things I have said to suit your needs.

Quote:
But what you're implying is that ALL the people who give good reviews are like that
I was?? Gosh!!! Thanks for telling me what I was implying. I really had no idea. Can you please tell me what I am thinking right now too? I don't think I will ever be able to function without you telling me what I am implying and thinking.

Quote:
and if that's not what you mean, I apologize for misinterpreting what you said).
Why start now. You're on a roll.

Quote:
No hard feelings here on my part, just a friendly (or, "semi-friendly") debate/discussion.
Not anymore. Say hi to the producers for me.
Old 11/13/2006, 12:03 PM
D2F

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 11/13/2006, 2:30 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
LOL.

Seriously guys...just end it, this fight is like a week old. Just accept each other's opinions and move on.

Old 11/13/2006, 3:10 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

At first, I just responded to BlueWolf's post because I thought he was being condescending to people who liked this season. Now, with this post and that cheap shot at me in the other thread, I see he's just like that.

Quote:
Nah. By saying this is the second best season ever, you are motivating the producers to really start trying to improve the show, right?
First of all, congratulations on not reading my post. I NEVER said this was the second best season ever. I said it COULD be the best season since season 5. Note the "could," meaning "it has the potential to be."

Quote:
Which we both know they are not entitled to do. At least as long as you are here. This is a cheerleading sight only.
That's cute. Do you just read what you want to? Because I said I had no problem with you (or anyone) not liking the season. I even admitted that this week's episode sucked. If anything, I think it's GOOD that you don't like the season because it leads to what could have been a constructive discussion.

Quote:
Footting, smutting, this is the second best season ever, remember.
See above.

Quote:
But this is the second best season EVER! Don't you remember? Or did you forget saying that too.
See above.

Quote:
Sure, I'm with you. Stop action! That's funny stuff! I hear they are going to do stop action of a cattle mutilation on an upcoming episode! Sounds hilarious! Why bother writing fresh, funny material when you can just use stop action.
Again, you clearly didn't read what I said. I said it's a START. Most of the animation this season has been lacking, but it's a move in the right direction.

Quote:
Gosh, I like the way the worded that. I mean, it wasn't arrogant or self inflating in any way. "I might have made a small mistake. Either thar or you were just a flaming, retared idiot."
I don't know how you got that from what I said, but whatever.

Quote:
You agree!!!???!!! OH MY GAWD!!! You didn't get it at all, did you? No wonder you like this season so much.
I got it perfectly. You said, sarcastically, that you hate it when people make generalizations like "All men are created equal." I know you were being sarcastic but I still agreed, as all men are NOT created equal. Is there something I'm missing here?

Quote:
Hmmm. I don't know. You have been sufficiently insulting to get your point across about how much my opinion doesn't matter and yours does.
When was this exactly?

Quote:
You mean like people that say this is the second best season ever?
This is the fourth time you've said this. I want to know where I said this at because I don't see it anywhere on any of my posts.

Quote:
Actually, that's not what I said. I implied, as part of a joke that most people don't watch Mad TV, a "generalization" I feel extremely accurate in making since we have something called ratings that pretty much proove this is true. I'm sorry it didn't fit into your self obsessed argument in it's original form, but, what the heck, feel feel to continue to change or invent the things I have said to suit your needs.
Like you've done with both of my posts to you, right?

Quote:
Not anymore. Say hi to the producers for me.
What the hell? "Not anymore"? Are you actually taking this personally? Grow up, seriously.

EDIT: Sorry to all the people annoyed by our argument (well, HIS argument, my responses).

Last edited by MADfan2004; 11/13/2006 at 8:49 PM.
Old 11/14/2006, 3:42 PM
zlolz

I dont understand the lack of YouTube videos for this episode. #1205 only aired a few days ago and all of the skits (basically) are already on YouTube. I've only found 2 YouTube videos for this episode (Sesame Street and Project Runway).

I may be missing a few, but I don't know.

Last edited by Rurry; 11/14/2006 at 5:13 PM.
Old 11/14/2006, 5:07 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Agreed. It took me forever get this episode. #1205 was up no more than twelve hours after it aired, but #1204 was a toughie to find. If I knew how to edit the videos I would put them up on YouTube, but my skills are limited.
Old 12/23/2006, 11:27 AM
zlolz

This episode is being repeated next Saturday, so if anyone missed it, now's your time to watch. This episode also probably has the least internet videos out of any episodes this season, so yeah...i'd take this chance if you have it.