Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1204?
Show Open: Back on Track 1 6.25%
Project Runway #1-3 6 37.50%
Terrorist Darbie 0 0%
Inside Looking Back 2 12.50%
First Light Yoga 0 0%
Sesame Street: Internet Pedophile #1-2 4 25.00%
John Kerry Apologises #1-3 0 0%
Eugene Struthers goes to a Ho Nuba Lebol with Nelly Furtado 0 0%
Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox 0 0%
Condi Comes to Harlem 0 0%
Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/27/2008, 10:14 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

This one's another no-brainer -- "Internet Pedophile" was easily the top Sesame Street to date, and it was also one of my favorite sketches all season long. On the Crista front -- because, after all, what blackwind review (or post, for that matter) would be complete without going down this road? -- the girl is cute as a button by her own merits, but when they tie her hair up, throw her in a frilly dress, and have her prance around and pour on the sugary-sweetness for a good five minutes, I feel like I should be reaching for a life preserver to keep myself afloat in the veritable ocean of chicken soup in which I've been dunked! Even Reiko can't compete with this level of cute, and that's saying something!

Old 02/22/2009, 2:07 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Show Open: Back on Track: Wasn't very funny. I didn't even really get it.

Project Runway #1: Project Runway, a good idea for a parody, and this one really started out great. The highlight was Nicole in this one.

Terrorist Darbie *Claymation*: Ok as fillers go.

Project Runway #2: Just keeps getting better. The highlight was Tim trying to sound gayer. Michael did a great job at progressively getting gayer and gayer as he needed to.

Inside Looking Back: I am not a huge fan of these, but this one wasn't so bad. The highlight was Pat-Beth getting the country of Niger mixed up with the offensive black word. You know the word.

First Light Yoga: Pretty good as a one off. The highlight was Ike asking Dick if he is a police officer, and if his badge is in his ass.

Project Runway #3: This one was a little too much to me. It's like someone stuffed a cherry bomb up a munchkins ass. The highlight was Heidi saying that in fashion like in sex, ether you're in, or you're out.

Sesame Street: Internet Pedophile #1: Great! The highlight was the name Dr.Fuzzyballs1964 and that he only needs one hand to type.

John Kerry Apologizes #1: Great to see Michael's John Kerry again. A good transitional sketch for the episode.

Eugene Struthers goes to a Ho Nuba Lebol with Nelly Furtado: How the Hell did MADtv get Nelly Furtado! I know this is not like an official coming to the studio appearance but still, getting Nelly Furtado under any circumstance for MADtv is amazing. She was one of the biggest musical acts at the time. This was ok, but as I said, I would have preferred it if Nelly was actually in the studio like Alanis Morissette was back in season 10. The highlight was Eugene's response to what Furtado is Spanish means. "Woah Nelly"!

Weekly News with Toby: Michael J. Fox [Animation]: Toby is not funny. And this was just mean, and a little misguided.

Condi Comes to Harlem: Not bad. Good to see them taking an impression like Condoleezza Rice and taking it out of context, and doing something creative with it. The highlight in this was Frank. "Settle down brown sugar".

John Kerry Apologises #2: Just proves that even John Kerry's bad jokes are so bad that they are not even accepted in Vietnam.

Fake Band: Fluffy Jump Spoon: This was great! I actually found myself dancing to this one. The highlight was of course the song.

John Kerry Apologises #3: John finally gets what he deserves. The highlight was John holding for laughs.

Sesame Street: Internet Pedophile #2: This was one of the best MADtv bloopers ever in my opinion. The highlight was Keegan failing first because that just began the fall of the take. "Everybody makes makes sense every once and a while".

Out of 80 stars, this episode got a 51 1/2. That's a C+ rating. Not a bad episode.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 02/22/2009, 6:36 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Project Runway #3: This one was a little too much to me. It's like someone stuffed a cherry bomb up a munchkins ass. The highlight was Heidi saying that in fashion like in sex, ether you're in, or you're out.
Finally! Somebody other than me who got that line!

Old 04/18/2009, 4:07 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Fluffy Jump Spoon MySpace Page

I know for a lot of you this is pretty old news but there is a site dedicated to the one-off sketch Fluffy Jump Spoon from episode #1204.
What many of you might not know is a new song was released in March 2008 called Sexy Baseball Man. They also have a lot of blogs that are a little interesting to read, including a set of lyrics for a song that "plans" to be sung.

Here's the link.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 04/18/2009, 10:45 PM
Season 14 is Here!

I had their old song on my iPod, but I didn't think of checking back. Thanks for the info!