Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1210?
The Fast 6 60.00%
Music Video: My Chemical Romance "The Black Tirade" 0 0%
Commercial: Post-it! 0 0%
The King Henry Show 3 30.00%
Dreamgirls 0 0%
Grand Theft Auto: Kansas 0 0%
L.A. Kings Remote 0 0%
Commercial: Yusuf Islam's Greatest Hits 0 0%
Crazy as Hell: News Stories of 2006 1 10.00%
Elephant-Gorilla Conference 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/07/2007, 6:48 PM
His senses were dimmed

I don't think this was the best episode but it had good moments spread throughtout every sketch.

I liked the My Chemical Romance video because they stayed on a topic that worked for the video. It had funny lyrics and it was pretty current (Especially compared to other videos).

The fasting was funny and Bobby gets thumbs up for torturing himself. Crista is always great when she is herself. She is always funny in the out of character sketches.

I also liked Arden with the kings and Stuart but the rest didn't stand out as much but had their moments. The rest could have been better but had pretty cool refreshing ideas.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards

Old 01/08/2007, 11:22 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

My birthday prevented me from watching the episode, but I just got it and after your not so good reviews, I'm not looking so forward to watching this. I'll be watching each sketch, pausing, reviewing, so it might read awkwardly.

The Fast: Uh, not really funny... at all. I didn't see the humor in it, except Bobby eating gross things. Crista's awkward acting didn't help much, except the open was the best part. I don't give stars, but this gets a less than 2.

Music Video: My Chemical Romance Performs "The Black Tirade": On par with Never Apologize for best parody this season. It was this season's "My Slump," where a big social/pop culture event was fused with a music video in a creative, well produced way. Best sketch of the night.

Commercial: Post-it!: If it ended at the third "MORE?" I would have been happy. Each little part had its own funny moments, but it could have been wrapped up in a smaller package. Still funny, good sketch, and the fact that Jordan did this is one take, I'm guessing, was impressive.

The King Henry Show: Actually, a very funny sketch. I wasn't expecting it to be at first, and thought "this should be about the Burger King guy," but I was pleasantly surprised. Another good sketch.

Dreamgirls: I liked it. It was simple. Nicole RJ as Beyonce was a surprise though, but I wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure better than something Daniele would have done, though. I LUV U DANYELL!

Grand Theft Auto: Kansas: Lame. MO' TOBEH!

Stuart: Candy Store: Michael needs to stop Stuart and I think this sketch was proof. The audience didn't enjoy it, and it was probably the worst character Stuart I've ever seen. All the Stuart characteristics were really off, and it was all really uncomfortable. The Keegan - Crista - Stuart combo doesn't work much for me either. Sorry kids, worst sketch (live action) of the night.

L.A. Kings Remote: Arden is funny, but these guys were really not into her. I like what she's been doing and she needs to keep doing it. It had its moments, but not a memorable sketch.

Commercial: Yusuf Islam's Greatest Hits: Not a fan of this.

Crazy as Hell: News Stories of 2006: One of the better Crazy as Hell pieces. The catch phrases weren't nearly as obnoxious, and it wasn't Mark fighting Jovan the whole time. Good work, Keegan.

Elephant-Gorilla Conference: Had the WTF factor of the naked Christmas sketch, but not as consistent. The middle slumped, but I really like all they had to offer here. WTF sketches FTW!

Final Thoughts: I always complain for more people, so here I go: I want more Nicole Parker and RJ. And more Arden. And more of this talented Frank fellow. That is all.

It wasn't that bad of an episode. I give it a 7.
Old 01/09/2007, 2:01 PM
zlolz

Okay, I rewatched this episode, and I have to say...

the Black Tirade Video was better then I had originally thought, so i'd like to change my rating from 3.5/5 to 4.5/5. Still, "I Will Never Apologize" is still the best of the season thus far IMO. Anyway, now that I've changed my mind about that sketch, i'll change my episode rating VERY slightly to 4/10, which on my rating system, is still a pretty bad episode.

Last edited by Rurry; 02/09/2007 at 4:34 PM.
Old 02/07/2007, 3:27 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Information View Post
Arden Myrin heads to the L.A. KINGS training center to get a few pointers from Sean Avery and the rest of the team, but after she hits the ice, all she really wants to do is play tonsil hockey with these hunky players. Meanwhile, Stuart heads to the candy store on an all-new episode of MADtv airing Saturday, Jan. 6 (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT) on FOX. (MD-1210) (TV-14; D, L ) CC

Cast: Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caeti, Crista Flanagan, Keegan-Michael Key, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Arden Myrin, Nicole Parker, Jordan Peele and Nicole Randall Johnson.
Recently, Sean Avery was traded to the NY Rangers for a couple minor league hockey players. Because the LA Kings have been awful this season.
Old 02/07/2007, 3:40 PM
zlolz

Well, that was an awfully random response to a thread that hasn't gotten a reply in almost a month...

Old 02/08/2007, 1:59 PM
Hardcore Fan

I thought maybe there was a couple of hockey fans in the forum.
Old 02/08/2007, 2:26 PM
Bender: still great

Remember what I said about permanently keeping your post count at 3,001?

Old 08/27/2007, 11:37 PM
Fresh Meat

Anyone know if the Yusuf Islam's Greatest Hits is on youtube or something? I really wanna see it again.
Old 10/28/2007, 3:11 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Dear Arden,

I'm available, and I was voted Planet MADtv's Sexiest Male of 2006. Drop me an e-mail!

Your future boyfriend,
blackwind
Dear Arden,

Clearly you missed this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity back in January, so now that you're nearly an entire year closer to dying alone, I'd like to re-extend my offer. Yes, that's right -- for a limited time, you too can have your shot with the man, the myth, the machine, Planet MADtv's Sexiest Male of 2006, Time Magazine's Person of the Year 2006, and Subway "frequent buyer" cardholder-extraordinaire, blackwind. Act now, and I'll even toss in the keys to a brand new, fully-loaded 2008 Dodge Viper, which may or may not actually exist. Wow, what a deal!

Your future sperm dispenser,
blackwind

Old 02/28/2008, 3:04 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

The combination of Crista starring, Crista writing, and Crista chubbing it up sure is a potent one. While "The Fast" doesn't quite qualify as a five-star effort in my books, it handily thwomped everything else in this episode by a mile! That being said, I didn't think Arden's remote and the gorilla sketch were anywhere *near* as awful as the rest of you apparently did. 3.5 stars at the very least.

Old 02/13/2009, 12:18 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

The Fast: A classic Bobby and Crista moment. The highlight was Bobby eating his cleaning supplies!

My Chemical Romance "The Black Tirade": Ok, a little too punk for me though. The highlight was Michael's Michael.

Post-it!: I have a feeling that Post-it-Notes paid for this but even so, it was still good. The highlight was the Game's rapping. Wikki wikki wikki Post-it-Note sticky!

King Henry: Pretty creative. The highlight was Michael's laugh, and his cutting off of the principles head, with Jenny just picking it up and shrugging.

Dreamgirls: This was really one of those sketches that tries to be a parody of something popular to catch the older crowd, but just comes off as bad. It didn't work.

Grand Theft Auto: Kansas: Filler but funny. The highlight was him getting out of the car and just throwing a rock at the crops in anger.

Stuart: Candy Store: Though this wasn't the best Stuart, I could never hate a Stuart. Ever! I hope this isn't the last time we see Stuart. the highlight was Keegan as Mr. Turtletaub just trying to control Stuart while he pours jellybeans in his mouth, whips him with licorice, and robs the cash register.

L.A Kings Remote #1: As a Canadian who is bombarded by hockey references every day, all day I enjoyed this. The highlight was when Arden was learning how to fight from Sean Avery. It was funny because Sean Avery is known as the most hated player in the NHL, so the fact that Arden wanted to learn from him and wanted him as her man was such an inside joke.

Yusuf Islam's Greatest Hits: Didn't get it. The songs were funny, but I have no idea who Cat Stevens is, let alone his religious conversion. The highlights were the songs.

Crazy as Hell: News Stories of 2006: Not as funny as the other ones. Mitch should have gotten more mad.

Elephant-Gorilla Conference: I actually liked this, I don't know why though. It wasn't that funny, it was very one-off, and would never make sense in the real world but I found myself compelled to liking it. The highlight was Michael in this sketch.

L.A Kings Remote #2: A little extra is not always bad, but its never really needed.

Out of 60 stars this episode got 43 1/2 this episode got a B. This is one of my highest ratings ever, so that shows how much I loved this episode.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)