Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1214?
Open: Tim Gunn 0 0%
Grey's Anatomy with House M.D 5 33.33%
Great Moments in African-American History with Flavor Flav #1-3 2 13.33%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Pt. III 0 0%
The Ellen Degeneres Show: Ugly Betty 1 6.67%
Cupid's Lesson Gone Wrong 0 0%
Ike Meets Bobby's Family #1 2 13.33%
Luann at the Laundromat #1-2 3 20.00%
Gwen Stefani Video 2 13.33%
Close: Ike Meets Bobby's Family #2 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02/20/2007, 3:16 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
If this "Aren't Asians Great?" clip was made ten years ago, you would have seen Nicole Sullivan due Gwen Stefani instead of Nicole Parker.
Thanks for the info?

Old 02/20/2007, 3:51 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002 View Post
If this "Aren't Asians Great?" clip was made ten years ago, you would have seen Nicole Sullivan due Gwen Stefani instead of Nicole Parker.
We all know that, cartnam. I believe a delightfully sardonic pic is in order...

Old 02/25/2007, 12:02 PM
Regular

Not a good episode.

The Ellen sketch was okay, but I think they could've put Lisa in something else other than an Salma Hayek impression. Her accent wasn't even that good.

Old 02/27/2007, 4:54 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i thought the female audience member brought out in the opening was cute,so i was alright with that

thats all i have to say about this episode
Old 03/31/2007, 2:02 AM
Boo Radley

I know this response is way late, but this was the best episode of the season, and one of the best of the last few years. I'd rather listen to Nicole sing than Gwen Stefani anyday.

Old 02/07/2008, 3:29 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Err.. I don't think anything in this episode was outstanding, so I guess the Grey's/House crossover wins by default.

Old 02/07/2008, 4:18 PM
zlolz

Meh, crappy episode overall. Didn't like anything that much. Aren't Asians Great grew on me so I guess I'll vote for that.

Old 02/07/2008, 4:50 PM
Hardcore Fan

House/Grey's Anatomy was not only very funny but original.
Old 02/07/2008, 7:15 PM
zlolz

Not really...I saw almost all of the jokes coming in that one. The premise was original I guess but the execution was mainly mediocre. The solo House/Grey's Anatomy parodies from S11 are much better.

Old 02/08/2008, 6:06 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Gotta go with Luann. As some of you may know, Crista just didn't do it for me at first, so, from the viewpoint of my now-rose-colored glasses, I recently decided to give her S10 work another shot. The original Luann -- which I absolutely *hated* the first time around, by the way -- was somewhat cute in hindsight, but I found it nothing short of amazing just how far this character has come over the years. In my books, both of her S12 appearances were *easily* worth five stars!

Old 02/08/2008, 6:37 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I remember talking to you in the chat one night about Crista, trying to convince you to watch an episode of MADtv. I said she looked a little bit like Reiko, and your response was...

that she was too much (comedically) like Mo Collins and Stephnie Weir for you to like her.

Old 02/08/2008, 10:15 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

To be fair, at that early stage, the comparison was apt -- she appeared to be a very one-note performer during her first few episodes. With Mo having just left and Stephnie's departure on the horizon, my number one fear back then was that someone new would join the cast, fill their shoes, and take a giant piss all over what was becoming, with each successive departure, an increasingly more appealing/acceptable lineup. Add to that the collective wood our resident Mo fans seemed to have for my girl, and it was official -- she was going to face a very uphill battle in terms of winning me over. Fortunately, now that I've developed a feel for her -- and oh, what a feel it is! -- I know she has far, far more in her bag of tricks than she initially laid on the table, so I'm nowhere near as bothered by, for example, the occasional Party Girl as I once was. In fact, with that quirky-cute persona of hers pervading each and every role she takes on, she can almost do no wrong! As I've previously "joked", some might call that bad acting, but I myself prefer to think of it as chicken soup for the soul. It doesn't happen often, but when you come across someone you find not only to be hilarious, not only to be a perfectly capable actress (note to mizz: "capable" ), but, above all else, someone you genuinely *like*, watching them perform is a very pleasing experience indeed.

At any rate, I made a profound, profound mistake here, and I'm more than willing to own up to it. Hey, law of averages -- even the best of us are bound to make one eventually, right?

Old 02/08/2008, 12:34 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I voted for Flavor Flav. I find Jordan's hilarious impression to be quite -- what's the word? ah yes -- capable.

"We can dig it!"
Old 02/02/2009, 12:36 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

Show Open: Tim Gunn: I really don't like these involving the audience sketches. It's really low comedy.

Gwen Stefani Video: Funny.

Grey's Anatomy with House M.D.: Anyone notice that there are a lot of times when MADtv has a guest star, they make fun of them in the next episode? I mean to have a sketch where Kate Walsh is the lead after being in the episode previously, I've noticed that MADtv does this a lot. The sketch was good but I don't watch Gray's or House so it was only so so for me. I do wish theyed have mentioned Scrubs in this though. The highlight was when House grased Addison's anatomy. That was great!

Great Moments in African-American History with Flavor Flav #1: Good stuff!

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Pt. III: I really don't like these, and this one wasn't even remotely funny. Honestly where was the funny?

Great Moments in African-American History with Flavor Flav #2: Funny! The highlight was when he said that Flavor Flav appears to be on crack.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Ugly Betty: Not that funny. Lisa's Selma was bad to me, but Nicole's Ellen was as usual great.

Cupid's Lesson Gone Wrong *Claymation*: I don't like Celebrity Pets, but these I like. The highlight was when Cupid killed both couples by shooting the arrow through ones neck, and punkturing the other persons.

Ike Meets Bobby's Family #1: I don't know if this is actually Bobby's family, but if it is wow, they know how to be funny! Bobby's father is hilarious! The highlight of many in this one is the bathroom scene. I can't believe they were all willing to do it!

Luann at the Laundromat #1: I'm not a fan of Luann, but Nicole RJ was great in this.

Great Moments in African-American History with Flavor Flav #3: Funny again.

Luann at the Laundromat #2: Again, I don't like Luann, although Nicole RJ was even better in this one.

Ike Meets Bobby's Family #2: These were great bloopers.

Out of 70 stars, this episode got 441/2. That is a C average rating.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)