Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > Taping Reports
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/14/2004, 1:04 AM
Hardcore Fan

You think they need more girls? I guess you definitely think SNL needs more, then! I like Female humor alot, infact, I hope that some day there will be an all female troupe, the way that Monty was, and The way that KITH is. It'd be great to see a whole group of girls get their own show, but Even though we've come along way towards equality, I don't think that any channel, except maybe HBO would sponsor an entire female sketch show. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
I know... They NEED more females... if the show was just males i most likely wouldn't watch it.
They made a big mistake last year bringing in all those male feature players, and no girls. Now most of us are attatched to them, and yet we all know that 9 is too many guys

Old 03/14/2004, 8:41 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rockstarjoker
You think they need more girls? I guess you definitely think SNL needs more, then! I like Female humor alot, infact, I hope that some day there will be an all female troupe, the way that Monty was, and The way that KITH is. It'd be great to see a whole group of girls get their own show, but Even though we've come along way towards equality, I don't think that any channel, except maybe HBO would sponsor an entire female sketch show. What do you think?

i agree with you 100%... females need more exposure on sketch comedy shows
Old 03/14/2004, 11:09 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:

hmmm... I dunno. If its all one sex it limits their range y'know? It would be funny but they would suffer from the lack of guys. IMO its better to have have equal amounts of male and females... and yes, SNL does need more females

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 03/14/2004, 7:38 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

I hope they don't bring back many people, keep the number down like it is.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/14/2004, 9:21 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

This may sound "un PC" and whatnot, but I wish they would hire a talented, plus sized female. Not for the sheer fact of hiring someone plus sized, but if you look at comedians, there alot that fit this demographic, both African American and White and I don't know, I just find them funnier. Or at least find one, and bring her on as a featured player.

Old 03/14/2004, 10:24 PM
Hardcore Fan

You know, I was just talking top my best friend about this- there are no big girls on Sketch comedy. Not that you should hire some one just for their look, but there's always a "fat funny guy" but you never see that with girls, it's kinda of depressing, especailly when halgf of america is overweight, and the average sized woman is a size 14 (the same size asn Marilyn Monroe, I might add) It almost sets a precedent when you watch tv. Men on tv are represented alot more fairly, there are a lot of big men on television, just like there are in real life, but women on tv are usually alot smaller than normal. I don't know anyone who's a size two, and I've never been a size two (which is probably why this bugs me so much) but Tv shows show tons of women with perfect, or even starving bodies, and very little of what "normal" girls look like. To me, this has always said "You're not good enough" and I know that I'm not alone. It's easier to be large whenyou're a standup, but non existent in Sketch comedy. Can any one actually think of sketch show that has ever had a large woman in it's cast? Not SNl, and Not Madtv, for sure! Though they have both had thier share of ;arger sized men on their casts, the largest woman on either show has got to have been Alex Borstine, at what? a whopping size 8?
Sorry to elaborate3 so much on this subject, but speaking as a fatty, this has beena big issue for me. Growing up, you want to have heroes that look like you, every blonde girl has wanted to be barbie, even if it was only for a second, but there aren't any role models for fat chicks in comedy. Oh well, I guess I'll have to be the first one!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
This may sound "un PC" and whatnot, but I wish they would hire a talented, plus sized female. Not for the sheer fact of hiring someone plus sized, but if you look at comedians, there alot that fit this demographic, both African American and White and I don't know, I just find them funnier. Or at least find one, and bring her on as a featured player.
Old 03/14/2004, 10:27 PM
Hardcore Fan

Well, KIDS and Monty was all one sex [male], and everyone thinks they're hilarious. What's the difference?

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7

hmmm... I dunno. If its all one sex it limits their range y'know? It would be funny but they would suffer from the lack of guys. IMO its better to have have equal amounts of male and females...
Old 03/19/2004, 3:21 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Ooooh I'm excited!!! I can't wait to hear about this taping!!!!!! Anyone else excited?

Old 03/20/2004, 11:04 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
Ooooh I'm excited!!! I can't wait to hear about this taping!!!!!! Anyone else excited?
I am!!!

Old 03/20/2004, 3:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

Default Live Taping 5/19/04

censorship SUCKS

Last edited by rockstarjoker; 05/10/2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03/20/2004, 6:39 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

Quote:

If you guys have any questions about what else happened during the taping, feel free to ask, I'm an open book
1) Did the Judd Movie have a name?
2) Bae Sung #4 ...What would you name this?
3) NOT A 24 Sketch- Bobby was Kim Bauer?
4) Also, nobody played Jack Bower or David Palmer?
5) David Alan Grier and Frankie Muniz guest starred on Real ...Talk? and then Frankie in Dr. Kylie?
6) Also, can you point out any other guest stars?
7) Did Steph or Nicole play "Shelly" in the Tikvah sketch or not?
8) What would you "name" the Stuart sketch? ... "Stuart: Next Door Again"? or something else.
9) POV?

Old 03/20/2004, 9:37 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Explain more about the Stuart sketch. Is it the first one since the one on Mo's last show (with Stuart visiting his neighbor)? Do they mention Doreen's absence? We've heard that Stuart might be meeting Dot soon, I hope that follows through with it.

Oh, and as far as S10 cast predictions, I don't have a full list, but here's how I see it. I don't see anyone currently leaving, I see Aries staying for one more year. As for the featured players, I see all of the females joining, because Stephnie must be lonely as the only regular female. Keegan will still be featured next year, as he's only contracted for a few episodes right now. The producers will probably try to keep Aries because they do a lot of sketches dealing with race. Mike will leave at the end of S10, and Stephnie will leave in the middle of the season after (S11). Josh and Ike will come out of the closet and move to Canada to get married (kidding, lol).
Old 03/20/2004, 10:25 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystere
[B]

1) Did the Judd Movie have a name?B]
My guess is that it would be Twisted
whats the not a 24 sketch about?

Old 03/20/2004, 11:05 PM
Totally F****able

You said that Stephnie played Martha Stewart.............

How was she?? Was it a good impression?

Old 03/20/2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

I would like to thank Paul for getting me and rockstarjoker on VIP-- Paul you are the greatest and I LOVE you! And I'd also like to thank Ron for being so nice and talking to us EVERY SINGLE TAPING-- without us calling him over but walking up to us. He is also very nice.... Thank you thank you thank you!!
Quote:

5) David Alan Grier and Frankie Muniz guest starred on Real ...Talk? and then Frankie in Dr. Kylie?
8) What would you "name" the Stuart sketch? ... "Stuart: Next Door Again"? or something else.
9) POV?
1.) I don't remember
2.) rockstarjoker'll answer later, I guess
3.) No, the girl from 24 played herself
4.) Ike and Josh were the guys
5.) Frankie Muniz was only in Dr. Kylie
6.) I think those were the only ones
7.) Stephnie was the girl in Tikvah-- she was a "chubby chaser"
8.) rockstar will do this'n too cuz she wants to
9.) HUH?

Old 03/20/2004, 11:49 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

9) POV?

Quote:
Originally posted by The Muse
I would like to thank Paul for getting me and rockstarjoker on VIP-- Paul you are the greatest and I LOVE you! And I'd also like to thank Ron for being so nice and talking to us EVERY SINGLE TAPING-- without us calling him over but walking up to us. He is also very nice.... Thank you thank you thank you!!

1.) I don't remember
2.) rockstarjoker'll answer later, I guess
3.) No, the girl from 24 played herself
4.) Ike and Josh were the guys
5.) Frankie Muniz was only in Dr. Kylie
6.) I think those were the only ones
7.) Stephnie was the girl in Tikvah-- she was a "chubby chaser"
8.) rockstar will do this'n too cuz she wants to
9.) HUH?
5) so someone played frankie in real talk or someone played him?

9) 19 Pre-Taped-POV-Mike, Ike; Nicole, Keegan, Jordan

Old 03/20/2004, 11:53 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

Quote:

9) POV?

5) so someone played frankie in real talk or someone played him?

9) 19 Pre-Taped-POV-Mike, Ike; Nicole, Keegan, Jordan
There was no frankie... reread rockstars original post

Old 03/21/2004, 12:04 AM
Hardcore Fan

Default Re: Re: Re: Live Taping 5/19/04

1.) The name was all of the movies it was parodying put together, You'll have to wait for it to air, b/c It was too hard to write the whole thing down, sorry.
2.) Bae-Sung:Translator at trial
3.) I got all confused on the 24 sketch, I don't watch that show, so I don't know who the hell every one is, I know that they said Kim Bower, I didn't know her real name, so I figured soime one else could figure it out. Also, I'm pretty sure that Josh played Keifer Sutherland's part, but I don'tknow who any one else is supposed to be in that sketch.
4.) I'm sorry, I really can't tell you who was who, I've never seen 24, and I doubt I ever will.
5.) Fred Willard Was in real m/f talk, I must have typed that wrong, sorry
6.) I think that I put all the guest stars in, but Karen, the director from Groundlings was in the Bae Sung sketch.
8.) Staurt and Cards with the Guys. Also, Staurt's mom went to rahab, clever, huh? Ironically, Mo was there while this scene was being performed. She came out afterwards and did some charecters; Trina, Lorraine ("It's a cough people, everyone can do it") Staurt's mom and Jenny Jones. In the last 4 tapings, she's visited twice, that to me says that she's missing home, but I could be over reading this.
9. POV is a sketch where Mike is drunk. He's going to a party, and doesn't think that he's drunk. First you see what he thinks he's acting like, then the camera shows what he's really acting like.
Old 03/21/2004, 1:54 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

So.... Is anyone leaving at the end of the season?

Old 03/21/2004, 8:06 AM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Sounds like a good taping, but im already tired of these stupid wizard of oz stuff. Im glad stuart is going to stay on, using Paul as the neighbor is hilarious.

Thanks rockstar!

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]