Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1310?
Hannah Montana: Drug Party 6 18.18%
Eddie Thundercloud: Illegal Immigration 4 12.12%
Crista & Bobby's Triathlon 13 39.39%
Eddie Thundercloud: Foreign Policy 1 3.03%
Johnny Gan: Movie Guesses! 0 0%
Eddie Thundercloud: Medical Insurance 0 0%
Fairview Fire Report 1 3.03%
Knock-Knock Negroes 1 3.03%
MAD Encore: Aren't Asians Great? (#1214) 2 6.06%
Rice & Beans Tour - Part V 3 9.09%
MAD Encore: Holly Meadow Estates: Crime Watch Meeting (#1104) 2 6.06%
Closing: Knock-Knock Negroes Outtakes 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08/01/2008, 12:07 PM
n4yr

Allrighty my first episode review...I saw this one again last week so I thought I'd start with this one
Hanna Montanna Drug Party This was my favorite of teh night because I was forced to watch Hannah Montanna once...
Eddie Thundercloud 1-3 I didnt care much for this..Anjelah's role was way too short
Crista and Bobby's triathalon This was actually pretty good....lol at Bobbys 50's swimsuit, the zipper caught in his back kinda grossed me out though....
Johhny Gan I liked this character last year but now its just the same jokes every time...not knowing what celeberties look like, Pongo not caring, Bobby saying "hard and sloppy" 15 times, ugggghhh
Fairview Fire This was kinda funny, I liked Michaels little twitches but thats it
Knock Knock Negroes This was a little too weird for me
Rice and Beans Glad they stopped doing these..just pointless
I give no ratings for the two encores
All in all this episode was pretty mediocre compared to the rest of the season, The only good things were Hannah Montana and the Triathalon (go Crista) Just glad this season and the writers strike are long over

Old 02/17/2008, 4:54 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i didn't mind this episode.i voted the triathlon sketch as my fave,closely followed by the hannah montana sketch
i have to agree about johnny gan,its pretty tired by now
rice & beans was decent too..especially that creepy lady that had her boob hanging out of her shirt,lolz
i don't have anything else to say

Old 02/12/2008, 12:41 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
As always, great job on the episode description Just G.
Why thank you kind sir. And please, just call me "G."

Old 02/12/2008, 10:30 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

As always, great job on the episode description Just G.

Old 02/11/2008, 9:41 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Funny thing is, this is almost the exact same writing team we had in S12. It's not like these people are retarded. What happened?

On another note, #1307's thread rating is two stars, and yet, #1310 still hasn't made it past one. Harsh much?
I think what happened was, the writers as well as the cast and practically the entire crew was distraught by the fact that they were kicked out of the old studio after 12 years. Not only that but they're forced to work at a theatre designed for musical performances, and stand up, NOT sketch-comedy. On top of that, you have the contracts of the WGA members expining in the beginning of November, and the writers probably knew they would end up on strike because they wouldn't be able to reach some agreement within a matter of days. To that effect, the writers most likely lacked enthusiasm to write top-notch material like in S12; they knew the strike was coming, and they just lacked the encouragement or interest thereof to write stuff worth watching.

Oh and as a response to your statement about 1307 and 1310, both episodes were just horrible...horrible is too much of an understatement to even describe what they were. The only good that came out of the half-ass 300th episode was Debra and Mo. 1310 had garbage from left to right minus Hannah Montana and the Triathlon, so I don't really think a lack of thread rating is harsh for an episode that dealt us all a low-blow.

Old 02/11/2008, 9:25 PM
Season 14 is Here!

I missed the Hannah Montana sketch, but I'll look for it on YouTube.

Eddie Thundercloud #1: I liked the cast's effort in these, and Anjelah's short apperance, it was ok though, but it's good they spilt it in three because this would have dragged on.

Crista & Bobby's Triathlon: Like many have already said, this was the funnest sketch this episode, I really enjoyed Crista's annoyence towards Bobby . It was fun to watch, and that comment from Bobby to Crista about her pale skin was funny, cause it's so true

Johnny Gan: Movie Guesses!: I wasn't paying attention to this really, I tried to ignore it the best I could, this sucked more then normal Johnny Gans it gets

Fairview Fire Report: This was funny at first, but yeah it needed a little more to pull off, kinda like this season no?

Knock-Knock Negroes: This is a big WTF I was like this the whole time . But it did remind me of a time where I was eating something and someone made me laugh, and I started running, I don't know why...aaaa memories.......why am I crying? This only happened last month

Rice & Beans Tour - Part V:: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILLL THIS END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Give it

This episode was a big no no, but next week is the last of the bad sketches taped three months ago.

Old 02/11/2008, 6:21 PM
zlolz

Meh, I guess I'll do a semi-full review.

Hannah Montana: Drug Party: This one had a lot of potential, and the parody elements and impressions were spot-on, right down to the look of the set. Everything else about it was extremely mediocre and generic, though. Taking the "haha Hannah Montana does drugs!" route was extremely lame. So overall, good concept, but poor writing made this pretty much a clunker.

Eddie Thundercloud #1-3: I didn't even realize this dude was recurring. Anyway, like most sketches this season, this had a decent concept, but the execution was poor. There wasn't much satire or substance to this, at all. Not great.

Crista & Bobby's Triathlon: Now THIS is how you do remote sketches. By far, the best sketch of 1310, all thanks to Bobby and Crista, who made a surprisingly awesome duo. Perfect example of why this cast is much better then the writing this season. Maybe they should all just improv everything, it'd be much better then the crap the writers are spewing.

Johnny Gan: Movie Guesses!: This character is not funny, and this sketch was even worse then usual. Repeating "do her hard and sloppy!" while LOlol ShoWing The WRONG NAMes For PEople'S FacES!!111 does not equal good comedy. No stars.

Fairview Fire Report: An extremely repetitive sketch, and like BW said, it didn't really go far enough for the end result to be funny. It was predictable all the way through, and really just not that funny.

Knock-Knock Negroes: Okay, this mound of shit can't even compare to the random hilarity yet subtle brilliance of the original Coffee Twins sketch. It just doesn't even come anywheres close. This sketch was, like I said, possibly the worst sketch in the history of the show. It was AWFUL. Just completely immature and...well, a mound of shit. I'd like to give this NEGATIVE stars.

Rice & Beans Tour - Part V:: Good friggen God, kill me now.

Overall: An all-around shitty episode, possibly one of the worst episodes ever, although I'd still rank 705 and possibly even 1307 lower then this one. Triathalon was great, but nothing else was even worth a second look. And this just leaves us with the question: is it possible to get worse then this? I can't see it happening, but weirder things have happened on this show. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as this WAS a strike episode, but this was bottom of the barrel even for bottom of the barrel stuff.

2/10

Old 02/11/2008, 5:23 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Funny thing is, this is almost the exact same writing team we had in S12. It's not like these people are retarded. What happened?

On another note, #1307's thread rating is two stars, and yet, #1310 still hasn't made it past one. Harsh much?
I'd personally give them BOTH one star...

Old 02/11/2008, 5:03 PM
Hardcore Fan

They deserve it.

Old 02/11/2008, 4:48 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Old 02/11/2008, 4:16 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustG View Post
The writers just need to get their perverbial s*** together when they get back to work. They have half of the season left to improve.
Yep. Keep the format of 1309 and 1310 though.

Old 02/11/2008, 4:00 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The writers just need to get their perverbial s*** together when they get back to work. They have half of the season left to improve.

Old 02/11/2008, 1:58 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
The cast isn't really the problem at this point. It's the way they're utilized and the writing they're being given.

As much as I love Nicole, I wouldn't mind seeing her leave at this point. It's really just sad seeing this great cast being used so poorly.
Either that or make her stay for a sixth and final season.

Old 02/11/2008, 1:13 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
don't say that.....them and Crista are helping this cast stay alive........I would cry if they left.....I missed this episode, but it's good to here it's back to it's old format. Why doesn't Bobby post on here anymore....at least he could give us a cast update. That sketch with him next week looks funny.
The cast isn't really the problem at this point. It's the way they're utilized and the writing they're being given.

As much as I love Nicole, I wouldn't mind seeing her leave at this point. It's really just sad seeing this great cast being used so poorly.

Old 02/11/2008, 12:22 PM
Fresh Meat

FINALLY some sketches with Christa in them this season. More Christa!

The good: Hannah Montana Parody

The bad: 2 Encore sketches! Lame recurring characters! No more Rice and Beans!

The ugly: Johnny Gan, Rice and Beans

Old 02/11/2008, 1:32 AM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder8484 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if both Michael and Nicole have left at this point.
don't say that.....them and Crista are helping this cast stay alive........I would cry if they left.....I missed this episode, but it's good to here it's back to it's old format. Why doesn't Bobby post on here anymore....at least he could give us a cast update. That sketch with him next week looks funny.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart

Old 02/10/2008, 10:15 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default G's Review of 1310

Hey folks, the WHO/WHAT for Episode #1310 is up. Please take a look and let me know if there are any mistakes or if you notice something missing

Anyways I figured that I'd give my review of this "illustrious" episode **hint sarcasm.**

Hannah Montana: Drug Party: I have to admit that this was a clever idea at first, but it lacked the satire elements that would have made this sketch a roaring success. The parody was dead on, especially with the kiddy laugh track (which is just like the real show). The good thing about this sketch was that Crista was in it, and I can't picture anyone else impersonating Hannah Montana.

Eddie Thunderclound: Illegal Immigration: Ahhh who would have thought that a character from a news segment from season 11 would run for President of the United States. All three segments were unique in their own little way; they weren't terrible, but they weren't that great. I did enjoy Johnny Sanchez in the second part wearing that wig because it's believable--I can really picture him walking around in public with it. Overall it's nice to see some political humor.

Crista & Bobby's Triathlon: Wow! Crista finally got some airtime ^_^. Not only that, but she wrote the sketch herself. Quite honestly, this was the best sketch of the night. There was some good use of physical humor here which made it worth watching. The whole concept and quality of this sketch came from the fact Crista and Bobby were able to pull it off, and I can't picture any other pair pulling it off like they did. Kudos to this sketch.

Eddie Thundercloud: Foreign Policy: Again, it wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either. I felt pretty much the same about all three segments, but with Johnny in the wig...that was priceless.

Johnny Gan: Movie Guesses!: This was a pure "wtf" moment for me. I sat here, thinking about jumping off the roof while watching this. This was just awful; you could even tell Bobby didn't enjoy doing this. No stars.

Eddie Thundercloud: Medical Insurance: Ehhh, see above.

Fairview Fire Report: ????? Are you serious? This was very pointless and it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

Knock-Knock Negroes: Similar to what Blackwind said, these two guys are clones of the Coffee Twins. The only problem here was that it dragged for TOO long, and this type of concept seems more fitting for people like Arden and Crista.

Rice & Beans Tour - Part V: ...............Words cannot describe how irrelevant this thing is. Again, looking at Bobby's expressions one could easily come to the conclusion that he does not want to be doing this tour. If there is any sanity left over at MADtv, Bobby and Johnny finding a strip club will be the end of this pointless adventure. No stars

Closing: Knock-Knock Negroes Outtakes: Ehhh, just see above for this one.

Overall: Sigh....MADtv, what happened to you guys? If there's anything I've learned in life, is that you should never pay attention to superstitions. 13 is always said to be an unlucky number, and I was under the impression that MADtv was going to make 13 into a lucky number and come back stronger than ever. Instead we only get 10% of the effort. The format was nailed and worked out extremely well, but the sketches were just flat out awful with exception of 2 (Hannah Montana and the Triathlon). The positive out of episode 1310, is that Crista was given the airtime she truly deserved and I say that because she is highly under-utilized especially this season. I give this episode a 4/10. Last week was a so-so episode, last night's was just awful. I can only imagine what's in store for next week

Episode MVP: Crista Flanagan--Hannah Montana was dead on parody wise, even though it wasn't stellar. Big props for writing the Triathlon scene. It showed that Crista and Bobby have great chemistry in sketches together.

Old 02/10/2008, 10:05 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

See, Rurry and JustG? Not everyone hates this season!

Old 02/10/2008, 8:15 PM
Fresh Meat

okay, I have to say that I laughed really hard about the show last night! Last nights show is the whole reason I searched until I found this site! This is my first post by the way, so please be gentle *grins*...

I just loved the Eddie Thundercloud skit. I laughed really hard. It's probably wrong how hard I laughed. Really.

I have searched to try & find a video of it to see it again.....and I've had no luck

I just am glad I got to see last nights epidsode. I will watch it agian!

thanks!

Bruisin Raincloud

Old 02/10/2008, 3:49 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Yeah? Well... Crista's rubber, Steph's glue!