Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/21/2005, 6:42 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Don't trust that kid, he doesn't know what he's doing.

He originally only signed on for eight episodes or something, with an OPTION to return if they wanted him too, which obviously they did and it was a good decision.

Old 01/21/2005, 6:27 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by lilkeem45
-The funny thing is that he was not supposed to come back for Season 10,but i guess he impressed the casting agents

And you know this..............how?

Old 01/21/2005, 4:45 PM
Casual Fan

-The funny thing is that he was not supposed to come back for Season 10,but i guess he impressed the casting agents

Old 12/13/2004, 2:25 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Exclamation

One of the other staff may decide to post this as front page news, but I'm done starting news threads for these obscure events that nobody ever seems to go to. Anyways here it is...
The Second City Stays up Late for Santa w/ 24hr Benefit
posted: 12/2/2004

The Second City is proud to announce the third annual benefit event: “The Second City That Never Sleeps: Letters To Santa” – 24-hours of improvisation by Second City performers and special guests – to provide holiday presents for needy children beginning at 8:30p on Tuesday, December 21 through the night til 8:30p on Wednesday, December 22, 2004 in The Second City e.t.c. (1608 North Wells in Piper’s Alley). Tickets are $10.00 and can be purchased at the door.

For the third straight year, a group of improvisers take the stage for an entire 24-hour period to benefit “The Second City That Never Sleeps: Letters to Santa” providing presents for needy children and families in the Chicago area. Playing improvisational games, long-form scenes, monologues, and anything else to keep them awake, this group of Second City improvisers will be supported by special guest appearances. Confirmed cast members include Second City alums Dan Bakkedahl, Joe Canale, Andy Cobb, Shelly Gossman, Pete Grosz, Paul Grondy, TJ Jagodowski, Keegan Michael-Key, Mick Napier, Pat O’Brien, and Sue Salvi. This core group of performers will participate for the entire 24 hours.

Special guests scheduled to appear are Recording Engineer and Musician Steve Albini, Near children’s rock band The Blisters, country musician Robbie Fulks, The Mekon’s Jon Langford & Sally Timms, and Wilco's Jeff Tweedy. More special guests will be added to the line-up in the coming weeks.

During Jeff Tweedy’s set on Tuesday, December 21, a very special silent auction will be held for a private show (in your own home) with Jeff Tweedy and twenty of your friends. Jeff Tweedy will perform 20 songs of your choice.

The admission price of $10.00 will guarantee you entry to the event for the entire 24-hour period. Raffle prizes will also be offered during the event. For more information, please call 312.337.3992.
http://secondcity.com/news/article.asp?nid=1183563009

Old 09/18/2004, 4:40 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
Ahhhhhh the bank robber sketch. I actually liked that one.
Me too. I liked how he teased the Judge for being retarded, and how he ran out at the end. Very funny sketch.

Old 09/18/2004, 3:26 PM
Totally F****able

Ahhhhhh the bank robber sketch. I actually liked that one.

Old 09/18/2004, 2:46 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by MJB12
They were alright last season, but please, Keegan, no more obnoxious yelling this time around (Shot in the Head!!!!!, Crazy as hell!)
You forgot to mention the time when he was on trail and was yelling.... I forget the rest.... opps....

Old 09/17/2004, 7:55 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY ONSTAGE IN HOLLYWOOD

Regular cast member Keegan-Michael Key can be seen every Tuesday night improvising with his fellow Second City alums in “The 313” (for those not in the know, it’s Chicago’s area code). Word is quickly spreading all throughout Los Angeles about the depth and brilliance of this improv team – they are not to be missed. Tuesday nights at 9:30 at The Second City Theatre: 8156 Melrose Avenue. All ages, valet available.--Asterios Kokkinos

- www.madtv.com

Old 09/12/2004, 5:34 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Then what do you have? A bag full of squirts?

Old 09/10/2004, 8:23 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

They were alright last season, but please, Keegan, no more obnoxious yelling this time around (Shot in the Head!!!!!, Crazy as hell!)

Old 09/06/2004, 10:37 PM
Remember me?

i don't like him either, he has potential though like maybe if he say......lowers his voice..... and hmmm let me see......doesn't steal every scene he's ever in then maybe i'll like him next season but he's just not making me laugh yet

Old 09/06/2004, 11:04 AM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

IMO, I hope he is better in season 10. I never really liked him in the first place, but if he is in season 10, I hope he gets better because I dont wanna be annoyed by him. I think he has potential to be good, he just hasn't gotten there yet. IMO

Old 09/06/2004, 8:55 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Remember he was the last of the featured players to be added, and I think it was past halfway into Season 9 when he joined the cast. I liked him right away, he seems very versatile, and I think he has the qualities to make an otherwise bad sketch look good. I hope he'll do great in Season 10.

Old 09/06/2004, 12:07 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Has Keagan built himself up?

Quote:
Originally posted by sarducci
...and I hope he's successful one the show.
It's on the show, LOL

Old 09/05/2004, 11:58 PM
Banned User

Default Re: Has Keagan built himself up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vancomelady
I have seen Keagan throughout season 9 and I must say I am impressed with the characters he can come up with. Does anybody think he has potential? Is he ready to be a regular on MADtv? Or will he sink like David Bowen or Lisa Kushell?
It's Keegan, not Keagan; and it's Andrew Bowen, not David Bowen.

As far as Keegan goes, I think he has the makings of a character actor like Michael McDonald or Stephnie Weir; and I hope he's successful on the show. Just look at all of the potentially recurring characters he's already debuted. I can't wait for Jorge or Coach Heinz to return.

Last edited by sarducci; 09/06/2004 at 2:41 AM.

Old 09/05/2004, 9:08 PM
Sorry, I don't eat Cat!

Default Has Keagan built himself up?

I have seen Keagan throughout season 9 and I must say I am impressed with the characters he can come up with. Does anybody think he has potential? Is he ready to be a regular on MADtv? Or will he sink like David Bowen or Lisa Kushell?

[edit]Threads merged- MysterE[/edit]

Old 07/26/2004, 5:18 AM
26/07/16!!

Thats an interesting interview, its cool to hear Keegan speak in his normal voice i dont think ive heard him use it on MADtv. He reminds me a bit of Phil Lamarr for some reason.

Old 07/25/2004, 8:26 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Woops, sorry. Try it now.

Old 07/25/2004, 10:38 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
http://www.wbez.org/DWP_XML/848/200...ment_134101.ram

Interview with Keegan on Chicago Public Radio. It's 16 minutes long, but it's totally worth it. He's really funny in parts. He (and the interviewer) praises Stephnie alot and the Second City castmembers in general (Ike, Nicole, Gillian etc) He talks about his christianity/ faith, and his history in Second City Detroit and Chicago. He talks about being raised in Utah by his white Mother and black Father and his mixed race.
The link doesn't work for me...

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 07/25/2004, 12:55 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

http://www.wbez.org/audio_library/848_ramay04.asp

Scroll down to May 26, 2004

Interview with Keegan on Chicago Public Radio. It's 16 minutes long, but it's totally worth it. He's really funny in parts. He (and the interviewer) praises Stephnie alot and the Second City castmembers in general (Ike, Nicole, Gillian etc) He talks about his christianity/ faith, and his history in Second City Detroit and Chicago. He talks about being raised in Utah by his white Mother and black Father and his mixed race.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg madtv_s09_e25_0004.jpg (16.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Dartanian; 07/25/2004 at 8:25 PM.