Notices

Old 07/24/2006, 12:39 AM
Fresh Meat

gosh, and Mo Collins and Ron Pederson left too, such a pity

Old 07/23/2006, 10:30 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman2002
To move on to the next level like every one else on the series.
Unfortunatly for some the next level is below Mad TV.

Old 07/23/2006, 11:46 AM
Hardcore Fan

To move on to the next level like every one else on the series.

Old 07/22/2006, 11:37 PM
Fresh Meat

why she left the show?

Old 07/04/2006, 4:40 AM
Fresh Meat

Found another article on Steph!

Always Weir, sometimes weird, at i.O. next week
By Nina Metz
Special to the Tribune
Published June 30, 2006
Chicago Tribune

Stephnie Weir, who recently ended her six-year gig as a cast member on "MADtv," returns to her Chicago improv roots next week for a series of performances alongside husband Bob Dassie. They call their two-person team "WeirDass"--a naughty, though accurate, contraction of their last names.

Meanwhile, Weir has already landed her next job playing a wedding planner on ABC's "Big Day," which premieres this fall. The half-hour comedy takes its cue from "24," following the hour-by-hour travails of a bride on her wedding day. As for the upcoming Chicago dates, the Texas native says, "We try our hardest not to make every scene about a couple. We play lots of brothers and sisters, and girlfriends and all that stuff." Just don't expect any recurring characters from TV, including Weir's Anna Nicole Smith impersonation. "It sort of feels like cheating. That's not really improv."

Q. Did you have an inner-Anna Nicole Smith in you somewhere?

A. Oh my gosh, I hated doing it! But I think the writers and producers had a lot of delight seeing me do her.

Q. Get the girl from Texas to mimic the girl from Texas?

A. I was watching home videos when I went home for Christmas, and it was like, "Oh my gosh, I naturally do sound like I'm Anna Nicole." And do you know, we're born on the exact same day? I was a little bit like, "I guess it was destiny."

Q. Have you met her?

A. No ... she could have punched me in the throat. I'm serious! That's what I was worried about because what I was doing wasn't very flattering.

Q. What's the weirdest thing about performing improv with your husband?

A. Well, sometimes I'm a little too free with what I reveal about our lives and afterward he'll be like, "You really didn't need to share that, you know."

Q. But playing siblings on stage--isn't that a little weird?

A. No, not really. It should be. It should be really odd. I've played his mom a few times, too. Nah, it doesn't bother me.

Q. Were you drinking the night you dubbed yourselves "WeirDass?"

A. Yeah, you'd think. No, it was before we were married and I thought, "What would my hyphenated name be?" and we realized it was going to be Weir-Dassie. That's when we stumbled upon that gem.

Q. Do you derive a certain pleasure from putting that word in a family newspaper?

A. Oh, yeah. It's like, "Ha, ha, you said a dirty word!"

----------

"WeirDass" runs late nights Sunday through July 9 at i.O. Theater, 3541 N. Clark St. Tickets are $10 at 773-880-0199.

Last edited by stephweir_rocks; 12/21/2006 at 7:08 AM.

Old 06/18/2006, 3:00 PM
Fresh Meat

God lord you guys still have Joey. Hopefully Steph's in it cause she's really cool. I found article an about Stephnie's one women show "Slowdeath, Tx" She is perfoming it this Tuesday at Comedy Central Stage. The article has the same picture as Steph's imdb page but it's a bigger version. Here's the link to the article here

Stephnie Weir's Slowdeatha, Tx

By Anthony DAlessandro
Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 6:00 pm

Destry Pharis is a repo woman whose car was repossessed by her father. As Destry works her debt off to Dad, also in the repo trade, she reckons her Odessa (a.k.a. Slowdeatha), Texas, lifestyle might need some feng shui — a bit of an epiphany before she becomes a walking beef jerky in a miniskirt. “I’ve joked to my friends that if I hadn’t left Odessa, I would turn out to be this woman, however she’s more colorful than me,” says Stephnie Weir about the Southern-fried alter ego in her debut one-woman show, Slowdeatha, TX. During her downtime from Mad TV and her IO West improv gig with hubby Robert Dassie, WeirDass, Weir wrapped her head around Slowdeatha. Like the broken women in a Tennessee Williams play, Weir’s forthright femmes are often faded Southern belles — but significantly funnier. Yet, despite the sleek brassiness of her dramatis personae, i.e., the pie-eyed Anna Nicole Smith, or Dot the hyper girl who tickles herself, there’s a great deal of sincerity in Weir’s weirdos. It comes as no surprise that the sketch artist’s roots stem from the teachings of Chicago IO gurus Del Close and Charna Halpern, who impressed the axiom “truth in comedy”: Comedy should be mined from reality, not gags. As such, many of Weir’s influences fall close to home, specifically Grandma, but then there’s dear old Dad’s used-car customers. “I was introduced to a lot of cocktail waitresses and strippers as a kid. I hate the term ‘white trash,’ but let’s just say they were a ‘slide by the seat of their pants’ group of people.” Comedy Central Stage at the Hudson Theater, 6539 Santa Monica Blvd., Hlywd., Tues., June 20, 8 p.m.; free; resv. recommended. (323) 960-5519.

Last edited by stephweir_rocks; 12/24/2006 at 6:51 AM.

Old 06/18/2006, 4:29 AM
0ld sk00l

Joey is still on? WTF?

My Fanfics

Old 06/17/2006, 7:10 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I'm positive I saw Steph on a preview for "Joey" this week. It looked and sounded exactly like her, but she isn't credited anywhere for the part. She played a psychiatrist or a doctor or something that was giving Joey advice. I'll have to watch the episode now to see if its her or not. If it isn't I might have to gouge my eyes out. X_x

Old 06/03/2006, 7:36 PM
Casual Fan

stephanie weir seems like a very nice person
and shes a very good actress
i never did find out when moonpie is coming out

Old 05/18/2006, 12:18 PM
This girl rocks!

New sketch!
1120 Dr. Kylie: Medical Malpractice Trial

Hail all french horn players!

America’s Sweetheart + Weirdo from Mad TV = Heidi Groskreutz
I'm not a pessimist....I'm an AWESOMIST!!!

Old 04/18/2006, 12:01 PM
His senses were dimmed

Thats awesome. I'm sure it was great. I love how she made it about her hometown. I love it when actors do work about where they grew up. Its always really personnal and interesting.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards

Old 04/18/2006, 8:58 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Steph has a one women show!

I know this is abit late but Steph performed and wrote her one women show last week at Io West called Slowdeatha (which is what some of the locals call Odessa). This is what it says on the Io website here's link, if you want to take a look there might be more dates posted.

"In this one-woman show, Stephnie Carmel Weir embraces her South-East roots and takes you to the town of Odessa, Texas.

Called "Slowdeatha" by neighboring Midland, Odessa is a special place with special people. It's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there.

Well, you probably wouldn't want to visit either."

Anyway thought it's cool that she is doing a one women show. I just didn't post it in the news section because it's already happened. Hopefully she'll perform it again soon. Steph seems to be going well with getting to do a this show and being promoted to series regular in "A day in the Life" pilot hopefully it will get picked up.

Last edited by stephweir_rocks; 04/20/2006 at 7:40 AM.

Old 04/01/2006, 3:28 PM
Fresh Meat

Again thanks mate! Oh and I found two photos of steph when she was at the 2004 Del Close Marathon. It doesn't look like it's up so heres the link guys!

http://www.delclosemarathon.com/dcm6...hotos&photo=64

http://www.delclosemarathon.com/dcm6...otos&photo=143

Old 04/01/2006, 3:07 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Done.

Old 04/01/2006, 6:56 AM
Fresh Meat

I know I just found this article by mistake and it wasn't up. This is a great article on Steph, she rocks! Sorry about the surname I just typed it to fast and when I realised it was to late. Sure you can change it to Weir it was annoying me too, I didn't know how sorry. Thanks mate!

Old 03/31/2006, 2:55 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

That was a cool article, I can't believe there was a Steph article out there that I didn't find!

Btw, your username is bugging me ... can I change it to stephweir_rocks?

Old 03/29/2006, 3:51 PM
Fresh Meat

hey guys! I just found this article about Steph that was done in 2003 on another site by coincidence. Thought I might post it up sorry if you guys have already seen it. Hope you like it!

Mad TV's Stephnie: Weir and Wonderful
by Ben Katner
Tv Guide Online

If there is a funnier woman on the tube than Mad TV star Stephnie Weir, we haven't seen her (and trust us — we watch everything!). In three years, the skitcom scene-stealer has built up a dazzling repertoire of freaks and geeks that can break your heart even as they make you bust a gut. So couch potatoes who don't yet know that her shtick's a treat should — no, must — make it a priority to catch the season finale Saturday at 11 pm/ET on Fox. At the very least, her dead-on Anna Nicole Smith impression will spare you the horror of checking out the merry widow's actual E! reality series. In the meantime, you can give yourself the giggles by listening in as TV Guide Online tries to interview the soft-spoken Texan without begging her to talk like harebrained towhead Dot or master thespian Dorothy Lanier.

TV Guide Online: Stephnie, you crack me the hell up. Where did you get your wacky sense of humor? Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Stephnie Weir: (Laughs) Not that anyone will admit to. (Pauses) I'm trying to think of any horrible accidents that may have caused this. My dad is a little demented, so maybe that's where I get it.

TVGO: Smart move — always blame the parents! Is one of your characters closer to your personality than the others?

Weir: (Pauses) Dot, probably. I'm a middle child, and I have a younger sister who is stunning — just beautiful and smart. So all of those [attributes] were taken. Usually, there's a pretty one and a smart one, and she's both. (Pauses) That sounds so much more pathetic than it is.

TVGO: If it helps, I think you're cute.

Weir: You know what — I am... until she shows up! Then, it's kind of like you see what I could have been. That sounds so [self-deprecating], and I don't mean it that way. I'm quite a lovely person, but... yeah, I was kind of able to play off of being the unnoticed child a little bit.

TVGO: You're certainly getting some attention now. In fact, after this article runs, you're sure to become the toast of Hollywood. Are you prepared for paparazzi to rummage through your garbage?

Weir: (Wistfully) Someday... oh, someday. I have a little house in Burbank, and I'm just dying for someone to spot me. I leave my trash out in front of my house, hoping... and my windows open.

TVGO: Any chance that we'll be seeing Prehistoric Glamazon Huntress A.D.: The Movie someday?

Weir: I don't know. Characters like that do really well in a five-minute scene — and even that's pressing it sometimes — but an hour and a half feels a little too scary. Many people have done really well pulling their characters out; I think Wayne's World really hit the mark. But I don't know [about doing that myself].

TVGO: Suuure. At least until a producer comes along and offers you a million bucks to give him 90 minutes of Dot.

Weir: (Laughs) The purist in me hopes I would say [&#224 la Dorothy], "Nooo!" But I would never be so bold as to say [as if I were offended], "Absolutely not!" We'll see. [Talking about your goals is] always hard, because you have no idea where this profession will guide you. You just have to be willing to go where it takes you. The possibility of someone offering me millions of dollars to do Dot for an hour and a half wasn't No. 1 on my list of things to do, but it could be the thing I love most in my life. You never know.

Last edited by stephweir_rocks; 12/24/2006 at 6:45 AM.

Old 03/22/2006, 9:10 PM
Season 14 is Here!

I hope he isn't doing that to Stephnie!

Old 03/22/2006, 9:06 PM
Casual Fan

HAHA! That's hilarious

Old 03/22/2006, 8:43 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Came across this pic. lmao..

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.