Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/19/2005, 7:00 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

its a shame josh got the boot from mad tv,i thought he was definitely a great asset to the show

Old 11/12/2005, 12:21 PM

I loved Josh's Owen Wilson impression!

BLACK POWER!
Stingray: Tight glutes, Midnight.
BABY GOT BACK!

Nicole Sullivan: Your mother's a whore.

"DON'T MAKE ME BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YO' ASS!"
--That's My White Mama

Old 11/06/2005, 10:55 AM
<3 True Love <3

Default thought it was more relavent here than the other thread about Josh on that 70s show..

John Clayton: The Meyers, the merrier
By JOHN CLAYTON
Union Leader Staff

IF, like most brothers, Seth and Josh Meyers had anything close to a decent sibling rivalry, we in New Hampshire — and all of America, for that matter — could watch the whole messy thing play out on a very large network television stage.

But which network stage?

It could be on NBC, where the 31-year-old Seth is in his fifth year as a member of the cast of “Saturday Night Live,” or it could be on FOX-TV, where 29-year-old Josh has just joined the cast of the prime-time hit sitcom “That ‘70s Show.”

Alas, we’ll never know.

We’ll never know because, for all of their show-biz success, the brothers are just as close as they were when they were growing up in Bedford.

That’s close in the emotional sense.

Geographically speaking, they’re a continent apart.

Seth is in New York City — all the better to manage his commute from the West Village to the fabled Studio 8H in Manhattan — while Josh is out in Los Angeles where his three-day work week on “That ‘70s Show” is a source of no small joy.

“Without a doubt, the half-hour sitcoms are the best schedule in Hollywood, and this is prime-time,” Josh said, and I swear I could hear him wink over the phone as he prepared to take a shot at his big brother.

“Late-night TV is for suckers,” he laughed.

“I don’t know why Seth is still doing it.”

Seth is still doing it because he’s never done it better. In addition to his continuing status as a featured player on SNL, he also carries the new title of “script supervisor.” That makes him one of the head writers — a title once shared by the likes of Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, Al Franken, David Spade and fellow Bedfordite Sarah Silverman — on the longest running comedy show on television.

As for his little brother, Josh is now a cast member of the longest running live-action comedy in the business — “That ‘70s Show” is now in its ninth season — and yet, when you talk about all that the Meyers brothers have done and are doing, the best part of their story is yet to be written.

Both are writing.

Josh is currently writing a treatment for the pilot for his own sitcom (now in development for FOX as a part of his six-figure “holding deal” with the network) and Seth is putting the finishing touches on his screenplay for a film called “Key Party” — in which he will star — that’s already been purchased by Paramount Pictures.

Other than that?

There’s not much going on for the sons of Larry and Hilary Meyers, parents who continue to marvel at the achievements of their children.

“When they decided to get into that business, I told them I didn’t know anything about it, other than it was an odd business” said Larry, who works with GE Commercial Finance, while his wife is in her 21st year as a French teacher at McKelvie Middle School in Bedford.

“The only advice I could give them was to keep their word,” Larry added. “If you say you’re going to do something, do it. That, and be nice to people.”

Judging by the results, it’s sound advice to be nice.

“Coming into something like ‘That ‘70s Show,’ with a cast that’s been together for so long, it was like I said to myself, ‘I’m going to force them to be my friend!’” Josh laughed. “I went in with total respect for what they’ve done — having a show go eight years is really rare — and it’s a privilege for me to be there, but at the same time, I did my best to make fun of the people I thought could take it.”

And it didn’t take long to root out his character.

“I play a guy named Randy Pearson,” he said. “He’s this super cool dude — he’s a little like an Eddie Haskell-type character the way he deals with parents — who’s always scheming, but in a playful way.”

Josh played Randy for the first time on “That ‘70s Show” last week, and it’s a show in transition. Top star Topher Grace has left for a film career and the person next-in-wattage, tabloid favorite Ashton Kutcher, is easing out after two more episodes.

“But the good thing is that I’m not becoming one of their characters,” Josh said. “It does leave a void, but the writers have worked hard to weave me in.”

And no, that’s not a hair weave.

“I grew my hair out for three months for the part,” he laughed. “Women and bald guys seem to be the only ones who like it on a daily basis, but the show is set in the ‘70s, so it’s a lot of hair and Randy gets teased about it a lot.”

Among the other stars on the FOX lot, Josh has already had the chance to meet and work with Bruce Willis and sitcom legend Mary Tyler Moore. Both will appear in upcoming episodes of the show, which airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Meanwhile, back on the East Coast, Josh’s big brother was enjoying a rare week away from his “Saturday Night Live” duties, since the show went dark last night.

“We work so hard on the weeks when we have a show,” Seth said, “but the dirty little secret is that we don’t work at all on our off-weeks, We may not know who our next host will be — or certainly we won’t have access to them — and because the whole show is about the immediacy of what’s happening that week, we can’t write anything based on the news on an off-week.”

Even the head writers?

“Actually, junior head-writer is a better way to describe what I’m doing now,” Seth explained. “There are two writers above me — Tina Fey and Andrew Steele — but I run the re-write table on Thursdays, which is great. And now, instead of just writing things for me to play, I’m a writer who gets to write for other characters.

“I went to school more for writing than performing,” said Seth, who, like Josh, was graduated from Manchester West and Northwestern University, “so the chance to do both, write and perform, is a perfect situation for me.”

It’s also the key to his future.

His screenplay is called “Key Party.”

He’s already sold it, and he’ll star in it.

He just hasn’t finished writing it.

“But you know what I’ve learned?” he asked. “Outlining is really good. Somehow, I got through all those years of school without ever doing an outline. Turns out, it’s incredibly helpful when you’re writing something like this.”

And “Key Party” goes like this:

As a way to improve their love life, a young married couple decides to attend a “Key Party” in which husbands toss their car keys into a basket, and the wives go home with the man whose keys they retrieve from said basket.

Presumably, much hilarity will ensue.

And Seth doesn’t have all his eggs in that one basket. This spring, he’ll appear in his first film, “American Dreamz,” with Hugh Grant and — as chance would have it — New Hampshire native Mandy Moore.

“It’s not a big part,” he said, “but it’s a good part. It’s good because Mandy plays one of the leads and I play her agent. I’m in two major scenes and my character says two major things, but I introduce major plot points.

“That’s why they can’t cut me out,” he laughed.

“That’s why it’s a good part.”

And the best part about writing about Seth and Josh Meyers is the genuine appreciation they have for their success, for their folks and for one another.

I started out writing a piece about Josh’s latest success, but he spent just as much time talking about Seth and his new screenplay. Then I spoke to Seth and he asked that I make it all about Josh hitting prime time.

I deferred to both.

I like them both.

Heck, I watch them both, but they’re not exactly doing me any favors. Unless they start dishing dirt on one another, I’ll never get that job with the National Enquirer.

from: http://www.theunionleader.com/articl...?article=62754

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Old 10/15/2005, 10:50 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Any particular reason why Josh is at the top of the Cast Member forum? It was weird seeing him above Nelson all of a sudden.

Old 10/09/2005, 8:27 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Anyone have any Josh Meyers pics? I am looking for some professional photos, not screencaps. If you have some, feel free to send me a PM.

Old 10/09/2005, 7:06 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_frank
i saw Josh in a promo for That '70s Show and i was happy, lol. So he must have a kinda sorta signifcant part in the show right? I hope he is, that would be good, lol.
Read this thread.

Old 10/09/2005, 9:56 AM
<3 True Love <3

I saw the promo too...but it wasn't any acting that he did it was just them messing around for a promo...but I'm just so happy that he's moving on to bigger and better things...okay not really bigger but you catch my drift....

but yes josh is going to have a fairly big role because he's going to be working at Hyde's Record shop and he's supposed to fill the void that Topher and Ashton are going to leave considering they won't be returning for a full season(they'll appear in some episodes)

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Old 10/08/2005, 10:55 PM
Regular

i saw Josh in a promo for That '70s Show and i was happy, lol. So he must have a kinda sorta signifcant part in the show right? I hope he is, that would be good, lol.

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/

Old 05/11/2005, 8:38 AM
<3 True Love <3

Tis an Awesome picture anyone know if it's going to air or if it is when it will be airing?

Old 05/01/2005, 7:41 PM
<3 True Love <3

Default Re: Seth Meyers

Quote:
Originally posted by madtv4ever
Since Josh was fired from Mad Tv it hasn't been the same, but I have an idea. Have his older brother, Seth Meyers, from the unfunny sketch show, S.N.L., and have him try out for Mad Tv as a featuring. He can pick up as the Spishak spokesman. He looks exacly like Josh. The first time I saw Seth I though he looked just like Josh. Then I looked him up on the internet and it said he was his brother. I was surprised!

Uhhh How about no....First off Seth is Doing Great at SNL and Why Would he want to Be with the ASSHOLES at MADtv when He has an Awesome Person Like Lorne to work for? Plus Seth is a New Englander...Why Would he Leave the Comfort of Going to Red Sox Games and Visiting his family?...That wouldn't work at all

Old 05/01/2005, 7:21 PM
Office Space.

Default Seth Meyers

Since Josh was fired from Mad Tv it hasn't been the same, but I have an idea. Have his older brother, Seth Meyers, from the unfunny sketch show, S.N.L., and have him try out for Mad Tv as a featuring. He can pick up as the Spishak spokesman. He looks exacly like Josh. The first time I saw Seth I though he looked just like Josh. Then I looked him up on the internet and it said he was his brother. I was surprised!

:heart: Sexiest Cast Member: Jill-Michele Meleăn. :heart:

I got a new picture in my profile! Check it out!

This message is literally copyrighted. Literally! ©

Old 04/05/2005, 10:05 AM
Casual Fan

Thank you.

Old 03/31/2005, 7:57 AM
<3 True Love <3

Matt's Cat_Named_CeCe

Old 03/31/2005, 7:38 AM
Casual Fan

Yeah i don't live in cali either. I wish i did. whats matts username so i can check out his posts. Its probably in the "General section right?"

I am really thinking about moving there. But i hear the traffic is annoying (traffic is bad from 5am until about 9:30am. Then it's bad again from 2:30 pm until 7:30pm.) And the cost of living is veyr expensive. But hey at least you get free mad tv tickets , right? Currently the closest i can get to hollywood is Santa Clara which is too far from hollywood.

Plus it'd be so far from family.

What do you guys think? Trying to move there? Lived there and don't wanna go back, etc.....

Later ALL,
DB

Old 03/30/2005, 6:46 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Mxz
...none of us are blessed enough to live in Cali...but
i live in cali!!!!!!!!!!! YAY GO ME!!!!!!!

but it's like 8 hours away from Hollywood

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best

Old 03/30/2005, 3:08 PM
<3 True Love <3

To be honest Like less than half of the people here go to a MADtv taping...none of us are blessed enough to live in Cali...but Matt has some incredible expirences with Castmembers that he made threads to share the info about them...I'm too lazy to post links but you can look in the general forum for the threads.

Old 03/30/2005, 2:58 PM
Casual Fan

Thanks for the info mxz and Cat_Named_CeCe.

So how often do ya'all go to a live taping of mad?

Old 03/30/2005, 2:49 PM
<3 True Love <3

I don't hate her because she dated Josh, I envy her because she dated Josh...I hate her because she's ugly and isn't that good of an actress....she only get's that require little acting and people hype that's she's great and everything...i don't understand why Tim Burton likes her so much...

also it's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory matt not willy wonka...

Old 03/30/2005, 11:02 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
cool.

I was just reading past posts on this forum and it seems like everybody hates missy just bcuz she is joshs g/f. who is missy anyways?

Later
Missi Pyle is a movie actress who has starred in movies like Galaxy Quest, Big Fish and Dodgeball. She's also going to be in the new version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I think that's stupid to hate somebody just because they are dating a celebrity that you like.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 03/30/2005, 9:08 AM
Casual Fan

cool.

I was just reading past posts on this forum and it seems like everybody hates missy just bcuz she is joshs g/f. who is missy anyways?

Later