Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/13/2005, 4:40 PM
Office Space.

Default Andrew's Birthday!

Andy's birthday is coming up in two days! Yay! Also, have you seen him in that Kia commercial?

:heart: Sexiest Cast Member: Jill-Michele Melen. :heart:

I got a new picture in my profile! Check it out!

This message is literally copyrighted. Literally!

Old 03/21/2005, 8:23 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Yeah I saw that!

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november

Old 03/20/2005, 7:00 AM
Completely Unrelated.

Did anyone see him in the KIA Sedona(sp?) commercial. He had black hair. It was actually pretty funny. He was in one of those cars making hand gestures saying like I need to make these gestures so that my wife actually thinks I'm talking to you about the car.

Old 02/19/2005, 7:24 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: Andrew Daly

I think Andrew Daly was a funny person. He brought some "spunk" with him during his stay from season 6-7. I thought MADtv could of used him more, same opinion for Christian too. They were funny, but not used a lot. I'd say for Andrew, "Politically Incorrect" was his high making sketch, & for Christian, his "Edward" sketches. Some people found Edward annoying at times, I think it's because of that voise, but none the less funny.

Old 01/25/2005, 1:40 PM
Completely Unrelated.

OMG! They look a lot alike. Well, i guess everyone has their own twin. I think mine is on the cover of a Cheetah Girls book. LOL

Old 01/24/2005, 7:51 PM
David Herman enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Ross420
He also did a fine job playing Bass for REM

I always thought Andrew looked like Mike Mills!!!

Old 01/24/2005, 6:27 AM
Completely Unrelated.

lol

Old 01/23/2005, 9:06 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Whoah... Thats a freaky Smilie MysterE!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 01/23/2005, 8:41 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by thechfan
Is that him?!
I don't think so.

Old 01/23/2005, 12:37 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Is that him?!

Old 01/23/2005, 12:21 PM
Ross420

He also did a fine job playing Bass for REM

Old 11/28/2004, 5:01 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE

Well well, Mr. Cast-bio info submitter himself! j/j... Thanks HiVolt. How big is short?
Hehe... About 10 seconds, a few lines of dialogue exchanged with one of the main cast, Jamie Lee Curtis.

Old 11/27/2004, 10:49 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
I saw Christmas with the Kranks today, and I noticed Andrew Daly played a short role in a grocery store scene.
Well well, Mr. Cast-bio info submitter himself! j/j... Thanks HiVolt. How big is short?

Old 11/27/2004, 7:47 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I saw Christmas with the Kranks today, and I noticed Andrew Daly played a short role in a grocery store scene.

Old 10/24/2004, 4:41 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Full Name: Andrew P. Daly
Birth Date: April 15, 1971
Birth Place: New York, New York, USA
Seasons on MADtv: 6 - 7 (2000 - 2002)

Recurring Characters:
Doug Allen (Liz Allen), Doctor Adrian Ganzer (Come On Down Doctors), Todd (Ms. Swan), Scott Oglevee (Real M*****F*****' Talk)

Celebrity Impressions:
Dick Cheney, Bill Maher, Danny Sorenson, Noah Wyle, Don Knotts, Sean Hayes, Roger Lodge, Chris Kirkpatrick, James Marsters, Tony Dow, Adam Lavorgna, Victor Garber, Pat Sajak, Matt LeBlanc, Carrot Top

Last edited by Dartanian; 10/30/2004 at 9:00 PM.

Old 10/16/2004, 8:35 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by MoCollins4Ever
does anyone watch crossballs? cuz andy is on it and its soooo funny the things they tell the real experts as opposed to the "fake experts" played by the crossballs cast. its a very funny show if you havent seen it then watch it!
ive seen it and it is hilarious, but i hear it's getting canceled due to low ratings.

Old 08/12/2004, 12:35 PM
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally posted by MoCollins4Ever
does anyone watch crossballs? cuz andy is on it and its soooo funny the things they tell the real experts as opposed to the "fake experts" played by the crossballs cast. its a very funny show if you havent seen it then watch it!
there's a link on the first page of this thread where we have discussed it when the show first started

Old 08/12/2004, 5:47 AM
Mo Collins Fan!

:heart:Ike (Dutch)+ Mike(Cougar) + Ron(Carpenter) = The Hotties Of MadTv!:heart:

I LOVE ABERCROMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!

::kiss::* ~ ! MICHAEL MCDONALD ROX ! ~ *::kiss::

Old 08/04/2004, 7:41 PM
26/07/16!!

Yeah i thought this article was interesting, its a shame Andrew didnt get more leading roles while he was on the show.

Old 07/31/2004, 10:31 PM
26/07/16!!

Default 10 Questions With Andrew Daly

Quote:
Originally posted at madtvcentral.com

1. Tell us, how did you first get to be on MADtv?

I was performing in an improvised show called "The Real Real World" at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York. My character in the show was a meek little bubonic plague-sufferer transported through time from 16th century England to live in an MTV Real World house. Mad-TV's casting director saw that show and asked me to perform a few original characters and impressions for Mad's producers in Los Angeles. I showed them Rick Shroder, Craig Kilborn, the tough mobster who becomes very effeminate when he's angry, and a few others. After a couple of callbacks, I got the job.

2. When did you decide to be a comedian, what or who inspired you?

I remember blowing out the candles on Tara Doyle's birthday cake in nursery school and getting a big laugh. Tara cried for a really long time, but I was hooked on comedy! My earliest inspirations were Ernie, Bert and Grover. I then moved on to Abbott and Costello and The SNL season that featured Martin Short, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer and Billy Crystal had a major impact on me (performing with Martin Short on Mad this year was a big dream come true). Other inspirations: George Carlin, Letterman, Monty Python, Madeleine Khan, Gene Wilder, Crispin Glover, John Belushi, The Simpsons, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Mr. Show, The Upright Citizens Brigade and Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin in Midnight Run. But my biggest inspiration of all time is Peter Sellers.

3. What's your favorite comedy improv game?

I haven't performed shortform (or game improv) in a while but when I did, I used to enjoy doing improvised musicals. They allowed the cast to tell a longer story in multiple scenes and play a bunch of different characters. The only part I wasn't wild about was the singing and rhyming of improvised lyrics. I was therefore overjoyed when the Upright Citizens Brigade (who are now mentioned in three out of three answers) came to New York and started teaching and performing longform improv, like the Harold. Nowadays, my improvising is limited to freeform 30 minute sets based on one audience suggestion. The group I perform with when I'm in New York is called The Swarm and I highly recommend checking them out, whether I'm there or not.

4. Do you sometimes have trouble not laughing when performing comedy?

I know it's not very professional, but I often giggle freely onstage in improvised shows. I just can't keep my cool when I am happily surprised by a fellow player, and that happens all the time. It's a lot easier with scripted material. My philosophy is that if the character would logically find something funny, I go ahead and laugh and if my character would not be amused, I'm usually able to commit to that choice and keep a straight face. Of course, some of my fellow castmembers have made me lose it with totally unpredictable and insane choices. I have a particular weakness for Walter and Amber.

5. When did you find out that you would be a full-time MADtv cast member?

According to my Mad-TV contract, the show had to let me know by June 1, 2001 if I was coming back for season 7. That day, I called my lawyer's office and his assistant said there was something about Mad-TV lying in the fax machine. Sure enough, it was the good news! My girlfriend and I went out to dinner. That's not a very glamorous story, but it's just how it happened.

6. What was your first taping of MADtv like?

The first sketch I taped for Mad-TV was season 6's NYPD Blue with Will Sasso as Andy Sipowicz. I thought that was a really well-written sketch and it was fun to watch Will's unique approach to impressions. Everytime we ran the sketch, he found new things to do with Sipowicz and there is one moment in particular (when he leans so far back in his chair that his torso is completely horizontal) that still cracks me up. That day was a fun, low pressure introduction to how things are done at Mad-TV and when it was over, I received some nice compliments. (Mad-TV fun fact!: I spent most of that sketch standing on a wooden box because I am so much shorter than Will and Rick Shroder is actually taller than Dennis Franz. Poor Will did his part by bending his knees throughout the sketch)

7. Which cast member has the most annoying habit, and what is it?

Well...there are certain castmembers who insist on hugging, caressing and otherwise touching me even though they know it makes me uncomfortable. They get a big kick out of watching me grimace and bristle, but you could hardly call that "annoying". Probably the most annoying habits are mine. I know I frustrate a lot of people on the show by constantly running off the set to find food. You see, there are always lots of snacks lying around at Mad-TV and, being the cheapskate that I am, I like to come to work good and hungry so I can pig-out on the free stuff! Unfortunately, it takes a lot of Oreos and popcorn to satisfy a grown man's appetite and I have to spend plenty of precious rehearsal time scavenging for treats and stuffing them into my mouth. But I have no regrets! The best kind of food is free food!

8. Do you write your own comedy material?

I do. I like to write long, weird sketches about old people and the founding fathers. Shockingly, none of these have ever turned up on your television screen. Luckily, Mad-TV's writing staff is very funny and much more sensible. I've had a lot of fun collaborating with them on some sketches you've seen and some you'll see later in the season.

9. What did you do before MADtv?

Since graduating from Ithaca College, I've been doing sketch, improv and stand-up. I was one half of the alternative sketch duo The Two Andys and have been improvising with The Swarm for about four years. I did a whole mess of commercials for Dr. Scholls and have appeared on Letterman and Spin City. I am also honored to have been a frequent guest player on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and have lent my voice to a few Robert Smigel cartoons that have appeared on SNL and Comedy Central's TV Funhouse. I have very luckily been able to avoid having a day job for the past few years, but before that I worked the front desk at a health club, did telephone market research and taught drama at a day camp.

10. If you could ask yourself the 10th question, what would it be and what would be your answer?

Tell us about your dog.

My girlfriend and I recently adopted a 6 year old mutt from the pound and he's all I like to talk about lately. His name is Mickey and he follows me everywhere. He likes to chase cats and motorcycles and he LOVES cheese! He's not very good at playing with other dogs but he's getting better and he's an incredibly fast runner. Last week, we buried him under a pile of dirty laundry and it was the happiest we've ever seen him. Last night, he ate an entire batch of Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies while we were out and we had to induce vomiting by making him drink hydrogen peroxide (Vet's orders). It was an unpleasant experience for the human's of the house, but I have a feeling that if Mickey had it to do over again, he would not hesitate (Mickey fun fact!: When he finally puked up all those cookies, it was by far the most delicious-smelling vomit we had even experienced! Again, not glamorous - but true!)

Bonus Question: What TV shows do you like (besides MADtv, of course)?

I recently got a whole bunch of movie channels hooked up and have become so enamored with commercial-free TV that I'll watch hours of random, often horrible movies rather that put up with normal television. However, I am always up for a Law & Order, The Simpsons, King of the Hill or Conan.