Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06/14/2005, 1:06 PM
Hardcore Fan

Sorry Idk...
Try posting stuff like this in the Cast forum or the General forum next time.

Welcome to the forum though!

Old 06/14/2005, 1:04 PM
Fresh Meat

Question Where is Frank ?

I just want to know when Frank Caliendo is going to be in the South East doing his shows. Also when will he do another Comedy Special?

Old 06/05/2005, 11:26 PM
Hardcore Fan

When did you hear about this I Love Nicole P?

Old 06/05/2005, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
Well, Frank did his Super Bowl pick last Sunday, But I think it'll be Frank's last ever pick for the Fox Pre-Game Show becuase I think the network is planning to focus more on football than comedy/emtertainment bits for next season and also I heard Jillian Barbrie's contract will not be picked up for next season
I think that the Fox Pre-Game Show is doing the right thing removing Calenido and especially Barbrie (or "Barbie" --> cuz she's soo fake!) so that they can focus more on football. I really enjoy their football insight and find it very informative and entertaining!

Old 04/22/2005, 3:52 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Comedian Frank Caliendo makes a big impression
Colin Covert, Star Tribune
April 1, 2005 CALIENDO0401

Comedian-impressionist Frank Caliendo, a regular on "Mad TV" and "Fox NFL Sunday," and a favorite of local comedy audiences, is headlining two shows Saturday at the Historic State Theatre, his biggest venue to date.

Despite constant interruptions from George W. Bush, Bill Cosby and Al Pacino during our phone interview, we managed to get a few questions through to Caliendo himself.

Didn't you get your first big career boosts in Minneapolis?

Absolutely. I tell everybody Minneapolis is probably my favorite city. Louis Lee, who owns Acme Comedy Co., was the first person ever to feature me as a comedian in the middle spot. He was the first to book me as a headliner, the first ever to bring me to a theater and now the first to have me headline in a theater the size of the State.

Frank CaliendoFoxIt's always been a great city for me. People have taken to me faster on every level. My John Madden impression is big there because the Vikings are big. And coming from Wisconsin, I think we have a similar mentality.

Does it ever bother you that, because much of your material is based on impersonations, people may not get a strong impression of who you are?

Yeah, making that connection with the audience is vital. If I don't talk to the audience for five or 10 minutes before going to the impressions, people won't listen to me. A lot of the impressions I do have a piece of me in them, anyway. I find something about them that makes Frank Caliendo laugh. Like how John Madden will say the same thing at the beginning of a sentence and at the end of the sentence and wrap it up with, "and that's what that's all about." When you hear "that's what that's all about," that's a Band-Aid on a John Madden tragedy.

What's the process of developing an impression?

A lot of it has to do with walking around and annoying people while you talk to yourself. I listen to their vocal range, and I actually will say the alphabet with them, because if you can do the alphabet, you can do every single sound.

When you start out, maybe you can only say a couple of words and sound like them until you can stay in discipline through it. Sometimes I start with a phrase. When I started doing Michael J. Fox, I said, "You made a time machine out of a DeLorean?" over and over and over.

Learning to do Madden, it was "Here's a guy. ..." You find their key phrase and drill it into your brain. It's training your voice like a muscle as you keep talking like them and find those little sounds that they do, and that's what makes it funny. Madden sounds like he's eating a sentence and choking on a prepositional phrase.

There are a lot who elude me, though. Bill Parcells of the Dallas Cowboys has a raspiness to him, but every time I try to do him, he morphs into Al Pacino. There are a lot of people who are very close to each other, and they live side by side in my brain.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/5316832.html

Old 03/25/2005, 2:09 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
The comedian, the regular comic relief on Fox's NFL Sunday pregame shows, plans to do another year on "MADtv" before finding his next big gig. His ability to sound like everyone from Jay Leno to Al Pacino -- and be very funny doing it -- has brought him a long way.
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...6961181900.xml

Old 02/07/2005, 11:45 PM
Hardcore Fan

Well, Frank did his Super Bowl pick last Sunday, But I think it'll be Frank's last ever pick for the Fox Pre-Game Show becuase I think the network is planning to focus more on football than comedy/emtertainment bits for next season and also I heard Jillian Barbrie's contract will not be picked up for next season

Old 01/19/2005, 5:36 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by mo4ever
Happy B-Day Frank!
https://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/sh...&threadid=5977

Old 01/19/2005, 4:14 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Happy B-Day Frank!

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best

Old 12/30/2004, 10:00 AM
Hardcore Fan

Forgot to mention this earlier in the week but this past sunday's segment starring Frank Caliendo also features Paul Vogt as Santa Claus in which Frank spoof another segment on this show in which Terry Bradshaw ask ten questions to a football player or coach ranging from football to other stuff.

Paul is the fourth cast member who's on MADtv to do the segments with Frank this season on FOX

Mr. Vogt joins Michael McDonald, Aries Spears and Mo Collins in that big lineup.

Old 12/03/2004, 4:59 PM
Regular

Frank's y homeboy form Wi

hehe ure so gay

life suks,then u die how special

what Wisconsin is all about-

when you get married you dont have sex anymore-Mo Collins

Old 11/29/2004, 11:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

Did anyone watch Frank's NFL on Fox last sunday? It was a Regis And Kelly spoof in which it looks like Mo!!!, was playing Kelly Ripa.

Maybe Kelly wasn't the woman who dance with John Madden on the series two weeks ago

Old 11/24/2004, 9:20 AM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Default Frank Impressions

Anyone know how many impressions Frank can do?

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best

Old 11/18/2004, 11:34 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I have no idea who writes the comedy for ABC, but I can guarantee you that John Madden would never allow any parody of him, as hes been public in his dislike of the star of our sketches, Frank Caliendo, in regards to his impression of Madden.
http://www.all-baseball.com/willcarr...es/016408.html

Old 11/17/2004, 3:58 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Dani
Frank has a segment on FOX NFL Sunday on FOX Sports where he plays John Madden or something and he gives his picks the football teems to bet on or something...

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3004246
Scroll down to his FOX NFL Sunday and click on his icon and you'll see
Ok, I knew that part, LOL

Anyways, here's the my posts from before that were deleted...
Comedian Frank Caliendo, impersonating ABC's John Madden, did the bump with TV host/actress Kelly Ripa.
http://usatoday.com/sports/columnist...hiestand_x.htm
FUNNY STUFF: Normally, the pregame comedy isn't worth watching, but Frank Caliendo's picks segment on ``Fox NFL Sunday'' was entertaining. Portraying ABC analyst John Madden, he did manage to get most of Madden's endorsements in the segment while talking about dancing on the field. He does a great impersonation of Madden, complete with the garbled words Madden spews out.
http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBFR4VXJ1E.html

Old 11/17/2004, 2:50 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

... or is MysterE just being MysterE...?

Frank makes pre-game picks for NFL games. "Picks" refers to his segment.

Old 11/17/2004, 2:39 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
Hard to believe I lost a post about Frank's recent NFL picks in which he "supposedly had danced" with Kelly Ripa even though I think that is not her but a look-a-like.
LOL, yeah I figured that out, but what does pick mean in this sentence? What is he picking?

...or is cartman just being cartman?

"Now comes the mystery"
~Henry Ward Beacher~

Old 11/16/2004, 11:20 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
Pics? I never remember you posting any pics of that when we had the discussion.
I never did MysterE.

Old 11/16/2004, 3:09 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Pics? I never remember you posting any pics of that when we had the discussion.

Old 11/16/2004, 2:23 PM
Hardcore Fan

Hard to believe I lost a post about Frank's recent NFL picks in which he "supposedly had danced" with Kelly Ripa even though I think that is not her but a look-a-like.