Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/02/2008, 1:27 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Paul Vogt Timeline

In 2002, the show The Rerun Show was brought on, and quickly cancelled by NBC. Though the show will most likely be one that is at the very back of the television grave yard, it did introduce us to a future star of our favourite little sketch show. That person is Paul Vogt. A man who was big in weight, but more importantly big in comedy. With his skills large, and his connection with Mo Collins, Paul was able to get a role on the show in season 8, and really begin his comedy career. This timeline will show what Paul did on MAD for 3 years, and how he did much more than I think we all thought he did.

2002: With The Rerun Show cancelled, and a personal connection, and recommendation by his good friend Mo Collins (a MADtv cast member since season 4), Paul was hired as a feature player for MADtv's 8th season.

December 21, 2002: Paul appears in his first episode. His first sketch would be called Epstein Brothers Christmas Tree Patch Commercial where he would play Barney Epstein.

February 22, 2003: Paul plays Natalie in the Angela sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

September 20, 2003: Paul plays Carl Swanson in the Lorraine sketches, and the nurse in the 7AM Condo Report for the first time. Watch the Lorraine sketch, Watch the 7AM Condo Report sketch

December 13, 2003: Paul plays Dale Brisket in the The Lillian Verner Game Show sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

February 7, 2004: Paul plays Harvey Muckenthaller in the Stuart and Doreen Larkin sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

February 14, 2004: Paul's identical half brother Peter makes an appearance on the show in a sketch called Meet Mickey

May 8, 2004: Paul's identical twin brother appears on MADtv again in a sketch called The Lillian Verner Game Show: Mother's Day playing Dana Brisket. Watch the sketch

September 18, 2004: Paul plays Natalie in the Angela sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

November 6, 2004: Paul plays 2-Litre Beth in the Fanta Commercials for the first time. Watch the sketch

November 27, 2004: The first Rufus Champagne sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

December 11, 2004: Paul plays the nurse in the 7AM Condo Report sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

December 18, 2004: Paul plays 2-Litre Beth in the Fanta commercials for the last time. Watch the sketch

February 19, 2005: Paul plays Carl Swanson in the Lorraine sketches, and Harvey Muckenthaller in the Stuart and Doreen sketches for the last time. Read the Lorraine transcript, Watch the Stuart and Doreen sketch

February 26, 2005: Paul plays Ernie in the B.S sketches for the first time.

April 9, 2005: The last Rufus Champagne sketch is performed, and the first Cindy Delmont sketch is performed. Watch the Rufus Champagne sketch, Watch the Cindy Delmont sketch

April 23, 2005: The last Cindy Delmont sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

April 30, 2005: Paul plays Dale Brisket in the Lillian Verner Game Show game show sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 14, 2005: Paul plays Ernie in the B.S sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 21, 2005: Paul appears in his final episode. Except for the closing, his last sketch would be in a Sean the Floor Leader called Sexual Harassment. Read the closing transcript

2005: In a very odd contract deal, Paul was only given a 3-year contract that ended after the 10th season. He decided not to return for more seasons.

Life After MAD

Paul has gone into the Broadway music scene since leaving MADtv. He currently has roles in Edna Turnblad in the musical Hairspray. He has done some movie and television roles as well. 2 movies he has been in since leaving MADtv are the movies Blond Ambition, and Igor, a film set to be released in September 2008. Some television roles he has done have been on children's shows like Phil of the Future, and Hanna Montana. A return for Paul on MADtv isn't strong, but maybe if his good friend Mo Collins returns to the show Paul might pal with her in a guest starring role. This may seem a little outlandish but who cares, a man can dream right?

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 08/02/2008, 5:48 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I saw him on episodes of Chicago Hope, where he guest starred with his brother. Cool.

Old 08/02/2008, 4:47 PM
Obsessed!

I was so mad he wasn't on past season 10. he is one of my favs! Two Litre Beth was amazing, and he always made me laugh. i hope he comes back for an episode.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 08/02/2008, 4:48 PM
Obsessed!

He was also in The Princess Diaries 2. I believe that was after he left the show.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 08/03/2008, 11:11 AM
n4yr

Thanks tvmanismadformad for these two timelines I suggested

I wish Paul had stayed on longer, the Lillian Verner Game Shows werent the same without him...I didnt like the guest hosted ones at all, espically the Jeff Garlin one