Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1202?
The Hills 3 23.08%
Real Police Video *Claymation* 0 0%
The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie 1 7.69%
Iraqi Children Need Our Help 0 0%
Music Video: Runnin Game 3 23.08%
Suri Cruise on the Cover of Vanity Fair #1-3 0 0%
Larry King Loves Lost 0 0%
Howie Mandel with Bobby Lee #1-2 0 0%
The Change #1-3 1 7.69%
Nip/Tuck Red Carpet 1 7.69%
Ka-Son: Airport Security 4 30.77%
Overhand Left Perform 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/25/2006, 8:08 PM
0ld sk00l

Why don't you go to www.utorrent.com and download utorrent, go to mininova.org or torrentspy, search MADtv and for sure you'll find episode 1202 to download.

My Fanfics

Old 09/25/2006, 8:27 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomorian View Post
Does Maury Povich actually yell like that all the time?
Only when THE PATERNETY TEST RESULTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 09/25/2006, 8:32 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

LMAO.... i pictured you yelling that like him too... ha ha haa.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 09/25/2006, 8:44 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickers View Post
Why don't you go to www.utorrent.com and download utorrent, go to mininova.org or torrentspy, search MADtv and for sure you'll find episode 1202 to download.
Actually, it was never released on any public trackers. I did a search.. no results. Quite a shame. I was able to get the episode though because i have a membership at several private torrent sites.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 09/25/2006, 8:53 PM
Fresh Meat

Thumbs Down

Dartanian, I don't agree with your takes about Ike. In fact, I think he did well on many of the red carpet and street events I watched in years past. Yes, I saw his "jew" bit and it wasn't very funny. Did you find Arden's "things I hate about myself" bit any better? I would rate them as equally unfunny.

I agree that Aries and Ike was not a great team, but neither was Aries and Mo and I loved both of them. Of the many combinations they tried since Alex left, I thought Ike and Bobby were better than most team as long as Bobby didn't get crazy and start ripping his clothes off.

I didn't see anything that Arden did on the carpet that warrants the praise she got here. "She was a trooper for going it alone" is faint praise indeed. I don't want to demean her. She wasn't bad overall, but she certainly wasn't great either and I think it would have improved things for her to have a partner.

As I said, all of them pale in comparison to Alex and Will. Some of the other teams I liked included Michael and Debra (I only saw them together once but they were funny) and Mo and Paul (Only saw them once as well, but they seemed to really play off each other well), but Will and Alex were the king and queen and nobody else has come close. Will was fearless and Alex probably had one of the quickest wits of anyone ever on the show. Everybody else has to measure up to them, and, yes, even they had bad and embarassing moments.

I still say Ike is as good as anyone in the current cast in this role, and doing characters or impressions are not his forte.

As for anyone from Mad TV making celebrities uncomfortable, all I can say is ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Better your ass than mine. No offense yourself.
Old 09/25/2006, 9:07 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I still say Ike is as good as anyone in the current cast in this role, and doing characters or impressions are not his forte.
I don't think Ike's weakness in other areas justifies sending him to any and every red carpet event. "As good as" I agree with. Ike has proved to be good at red carpet events over time, but like I said, his first few were pretty bad, and I don't think its a "huge mistake" not to send him to them. If it means we have to put up with more Ike characters and impressions instead ... maybe I'll take this statement back in a few months time.

Quote:
As for anyone from Mad TV making celebrities uncomfortable, all I can say is ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
The Jennifer Garner thing is the only example from the red carpet that I can identify that made me as a viewer uncomfortable. Maybe I misread the whole thing, but I was embarassed for Ike. If you're referring to MADtv castmembers making celebrities uncomfortable through impressions, I don't have to witness their reaction on my screen, so it doesn't bother me.

Old 09/25/2006, 9:40 PM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by newt007 View Post
Actually, it was never released on any public trackers. I did a search.. no results. Quite a shame. I was able to get the episode though because i have a membership at several private torrent sites.
Yeah right after I posted that I searched and I was like . LITERALLY. Why isn't it on a public tracker? Can you give me the URL to the .torrent file?

My Fanfics
Old 09/25/2006, 9:49 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I found it, but I don't really understand the private torrent sites. You have to seed, then you can download, but I want to download, but there's all these rules.

The impatient do not like these rules.
Old 09/25/2006, 9:52 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
If it means we have to put up with more Ike characters and impressions instead ... maybe I'll take this statement back in a few months time.
This is precisely what I meant. You should play to cast member's strengths and Ike is fine on the carpet and the street bits with Bobby. He is not always fine in sketches. Personally, I enjoy the chemistry between Ike and Bobby. I think taking him away from what he does well and crow barrring him into sketches that he might not fit well with IS a mistake. He's fine in sketches such as Laguna Biotech or when he plays a celebrity to which he bears a physical resemblance (e.g. Bo Bice), but when the sketch requires some innovative character work, he's not at this best. This is an area in which Michael, Keegan-Michael, and Jordan excel. This is not Bobby's breadbasket either and I have not seen enough of Frank to know about him, but if I were putting people into positions that play to their strengths I would definitely continue to send Ike and Bobby out on the carpet. Isn't Ike also a contributing writer on the show? I think he's a creative guy, he just needs to be used to his strength.

Send Arden sometimes in place of Ike or Bobby. She was fine and I don't mean to denegrate her. I just took exception to the those that said she was among the all time best on the carpet. I didn't see it personally, but it was her first outing and she did have to go it alone. I think the biggest mistake of that bit was sending her alone. Part of the humor of the red carpets is having a team with both people contributing something a little different and playing off each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
The Jennifer Garner thing is the only example from the red carpet that I can identify that made me as a viewer uncomfortable. Maybe I misread the whole thing, but I was embarassed for Ike.
I just watched that bit with Ike, Debra and Jennifer Garner and I didn't get any sense of embarassment at all from the sketch. In fact, in watching it, it seemed to me that Jennifer Garner was getting into it the spirit of things and being pretty playful about it. I don't where you got embrassment from. Different eyes I guess.

In fact, in re-watching it I thought that overall, Ike was pretty good that night. He had some killer one liners. It's in episode 815. Watch it again and tell me if you don't think Ike was funny on several occassions during the event. I thought it was better than Arden's carpet bit.

Again, no offense to Arden, I just want to give Ike his props when he deserves them and I still think he is good on the carpet.
Old 09/25/2006, 10:29 PM
His senses were dimmed

Ike being "fine" on the red carpet and on the road isn't good enough. Ike has been good in the sketces so far this season but his old red carpet events were never that good. Arden has already outdone him if you ask me.
I would like to see different cast members on the carpet so we get a variety. I think Nicole and Frank would be good.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 09/25/2006, 11:08 PM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I found it, but I don't really understand the private torrent sites. You have to seed, then you can download, but I want to download, but there's all these rules.

The impatient do not like these rules.
I don't even know any private torrent sites. WTF? Tell me about them PLZ

My Fanfics
Old 09/25/2006, 11:13 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't even know enough about them to begin the explain them.

Some site you need invite codes to get into them, some there's a credit system, I hardly understand. I'm just hoping to get into one and having some kind people let me at this episode.

We're cluttering up the actual 1202 episode discussion. Our conversations should take place else where, all of us who discuss these things.
Old 09/26/2006, 12:57 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
The Change
Derek and Jamal C Perform "Can't Forget Your Past, Overhand Left"
Can we change the "The Change" to "Flying Ugly Lady"? That's what Crista calls herself in the first segment.

Also would like to change the musical performance to
Overhand Left Performs "Can't Forget Your Past" because that was the name of their two man group.

Old 09/26/2006, 12:57 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I think Ike is quite annoying on the red carpet for the most part. Arden may not have topped Will and Alex but I thought she was excellent. It's all a matter of opinion.
Old 09/26/2006, 12:59 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysterE View Post
Can we change the "The Change" to "Flying Ugly Lady"? That's what Crista calls herself in the first segment.

Also would like to change the musical performance to
Overhand Left Performs "Can't Forget Your Past" because that was the name of their two man group.
I called it "The Change" because that's what was listed in the credits, it said it was directed by some random person.
Old 09/26/2006, 1:13 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, the sketch names they give in the credits are lame sometimes.

Old 09/26/2006, 2:49 PM
Relative Unknown

Default My $0.02

Well, I thought I’d elaborate on what I had previously stated about this episode being a bit inconsistent (but still good overall).

(The Hills) I really don’t see what’s to hate about the intros. This one was nice and all, probably because Arden, NRJ, and Crista were having a go at this for the first time. For some reason, I think they can go places as a trio (kind of like the “Let’s Be Honest” sketch in Episode #1117). Anyway, poor NRJ, frequently getting interrupted like that...Too bad Nicole P wasn’t there, especially considering that she’s the one who writes the MTV lampoons. As for “The Hills,” I haven’t watched much of the actual show, but my gut feeling says that everything was spot-on in the parody. After all, even the theme song lyrics were modified. NRJ’s cameo was a subtly funny addition that tied in neatly with the aforementioned intro. (It makes me wonder if Nicole P was also responsible for that.) I must admit that it was a shame that Frank appeared for just a few split seconds, but his crying looked hilarious. As for the actual sketch, Ike and Nicole P work so well as quarreling partners. And Crista always puts her facial expressions to great use. Thumbs up to all of those who said that she stole the sketch.

(Claymation: Real Police Video) This was rather uninspired, as Dartanian previously mentioned. Nothing was outrageously funny about it, but it’s cool that MAD seems to be bringing back claymation to lure some of the old-school fans.

(The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie) I originally thought that the Connie/Maury sketches got run into the ground during Season 11. Thankfully, this wasn’t as bad as I had feared. It took place away from the TV show setting, and the writers did not have to rely on too much kissing. The best moment for me had to be Connie’s dildo-shaped nose hair trimmer.

(Ellen: Iraqi Children Need Our Help) Hmm, Nicole P’s impression is excellent and all, but this sketch lost steam somewhere midway. The dancing at the end was cute, though, and ultimately salvaged the skit.

(Music Video: Runnin’ Game) Hmph, I can’t believe that this isn’t getting more fanfare. This was the best sketch of the night!!! It captured the video game scene and the nature of video game addiction (not letting the girlfriend play) quite well. And Jordan wrote it, too. I remember him mentioning that he enjoys playing video games, so he definitely knows his stuff. He even gets bonus points for briefly mentioning Contra. “chopperQ” took the words right out of my mouth when he talked about the nerds singing as back-ups. That was priceless!!! And I liked how the nerds covered the wide spectrum of gamer stereotypes, from their physical looks to their screen names. On a final note, it may only be one sketch, but Jordan and NRJ already make a great pairing, especially with their moments towards the end.

(Suri Cruise's Cry for Help #1-3) Eh…I thought Part 1 was enough. There was no need for three.

(Larry King Loves Lost) This was nowhere near as good as the Deadwood parody last season. There was way too much text and not enough footage of the characters. Even more maddening, the footage was from Season 10. This actually made me wish for the *gasp* Superstitious Knights, which went unaired.

(Bobby Lee Opens for Howie Mandel) This was such a shame, considering that I like Howie (and yeah, I suppose I still support Bobby, even though he’s a wild “hit-or-miss”). In any case, this did nothing for me since it seemed to just drag. There weren’t any memorable lines, either. The only moment when I actually laughed was the first time Howie hosed down Bobby.

(The Change #1-3) I dunno, I found this quite good overall. If anything, I considered Part 1 the weakest, but things began to start rolling when the office lady got ticked off. Arden was, unfortunately, the generic “straight woman” here, not that it’s her fault. Parts 2 and 3 were much better, as NRJ and Jordan provided funnier support. Crista was also much more convincing in those two parts. And I liked the effects (music, lighting, clothing change). For some reason, I found them reminiscent of those overly dramatic transformation scenes in certain “magical girl” anime (i.e. Sailor Moon). On a final note, Crista gets bonus points for the F-words.

(Red Carpet: Nip/Tuck Premiere) Hmm, this actually grew on me the second time I watched it. I suppose I didn’t care at first, since I fell into the trap of thinking that Arden was being a dumb blonde yet again. But yeah, I enjoyed it upon re-watching. Everyone seemed to enjoy her company. There were some funny bits throughout, though I laughed the loudest when Rosie O’Donnell forgot Arden’s name. Anyway, I’m glad that the writers/producers decided to let Arden have a go at this. This was her best MADtv moment yet (after her baptism of fire last season), and it was so different from the increasingly tiresome Ike/Bobby mannerisms.

(Weekend News with Toby: Steroids) Wow, tough crowd around here … Being a baseball fan that lives up in northern California, I relished this even more than the Mel Gibson installment. Ha ha, Bonds-zilla. And the animation even made references to the infamous Senate hearing, along with the bit about steroids shrinking certain body parts. The writers sure did their homework here. I also laughed at the ending lines, probably because I used to be a Little Leaguer myself. (“Daddy also says that since I’m afraid of needles, I don’t have a chance in hell. F**k you, Major League Baseball!”)

(Ka-Son: Airport Security) I totally wasn’t expecting Crista to be the victim here. Anyway, this was just as good as all the previous installments, and I felt everyone put in great performances. Ka-Son was as sassy as ever, and Crista looked so agitated the entire time. I think the funniest moments were the constant flirting between Ike and NRJ.

(Derek and Jamal C feat. Chingy: "Can't Forget Your Past, Overhand Left") Huh, did I miss something here? I usually enjoy Jordan and Keegan, but I don’t see the big deal about this. I mean, the first few moments were funny and all (when they acted like they were going to start rapping before psyching out the crowd), but it got irritating after multiple times. Chingy’s appearance at the end couldn’t save this.

(Close: Bobby Opens for Howie Mandel) Eh …

So yeah, a few things flat-out bombed; the Bobby/Howie and “Lost” sketches were the biggest offenders here. The fake rap, claymation, and Baby Suri parts were lacking as well … Everything else, however, ranged from solid to great (especially Runnin’ Game, Ka-Son, and “The Hills”). I think all four women provided superb moments throughout the show, and some of the men (Jordan, Ike) were strong players. Heh, it’s too tough to decide a stand-out castmember from this episode.

I’m not sure if the sketches featured in the “Next Week” preview will necessarily be in Episode 1203, but they sure looked promising (Ike as Dane Cook, The Chicks on Tour, etc)

Last edited by Hypn0; 09/26/2006 at 3:11 PM. Reason: Fixed some typos
Old 09/26/2006, 3:10 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I think "The Change" is a better sketch name than "Flying Ugly Lady." That's too literal.

Old 09/26/2006, 8:12 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I finally got my hands on this episode, and It was a good one. It has fast paced, nothing dragged on too long, and it was really a "sketch comedy" show, in that there were SO MANY sketches.

The Hills: I liked the Arden, Nicole and Crista open, I don't know why some of you guys didn't. Nicole did a great Lauren, even if she is terribly boring. Crista did a great Whitney, and Arden's Heidi was good. I wish this sketch was way longer. I know they had that extra footage we never saw, and I think they should have used it. Nicole can write some good stuff.

Real Police Video *claymation*: You'd think they went into the vault and pulled this out. Even the first animation looked way old. Not a welcome return, in my book.

The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie: WAYYYY funnier than any other Maury and Connie parody I've ever seen. Honestly, I'd take a million of these over any of those other ones. But I still like Connie on her own.

Iraqi Children Need Our Help: Nicole does a good Ellen, but Ellen looks way old these days. Good sketch, and good excuse to pull out Ellen.

Music Video: Runnin Game: Good job by Jordan and Nicole RJ. Not much else to say about it. I liked it, and that Nicole sure can give some sass.

Suri Cruise's Cry for Help: Although really lame, I think it worked because it was only no more than ten seconds long.

Larry King Loves Lost: Quite possibly the BIGGEST WASTE OF SPACE EVER! And I emphasis all those words. We could have had more of the Hills, or a whole different sketch. This is just cheap MADtv at its best.

24 with Bobby Lee and Howie Mandel: Was this truely a 24 with Bobby Lee? I know it semmed like it was supposed to, but it really wasn't. A bit too long, but it had its moments.

The Change: Crista gave some decent laughs, and it was nice to see some hot Arden and Nicole running around. The three parter didn't even bother me.

Red Carpet w/ Arden: This is what I've been waiting for out of Arden, but I think we could have done without the "I'll be on the red carpet, take a look" intro. Still, this might have been the funniest Red Carpet that I've seen in a long time. "My soul is dead, but everything's fine." When the people would move along, and she would keep talking to/about them, that had me laughing most.

Weekly News with Toby: Not as funny as the first one, but still managable.

Ka-Son: Airport Security: Another good place for Ka-Son. Didn't feel like one of those "let's put X recurring character in Y location." Nothing much else to say, keep giving me Ka-Son.

Derek and Jamal C: Glossed over this, don't really care much about the rapping improv.

Close: Bobby Opens for Howie Mandel: Slightly embarassing, and not really funny. I'd prefer outtakes.

I liked how it felt most like a cast, and not horribly dominated by one castmember.

For the guide:

Nicole RJ was in the Hills parody.
Old 09/26/2006, 9:42 PM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
Real Police Video *claymation*: You'd think they went into the vault and pulled this out. Even the first animation looked way old. Not a welcome return, in my book.
??? What do you mean by that?

My Fanfics