Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1202?
The Hills 3 23.08%
Real Police Video *Claymation* 0 0%
The Crazy Life with Maury and Connie 1 7.69%
Iraqi Children Need Our Help 0 0%
Music Video: Runnin Game 3 23.08%
Suri Cruise on the Cover of Vanity Fair #1-3 0 0%
Larry King Loves Lost 0 0%
Howie Mandel with Bobby Lee #1-2 0 0%
The Change #1-3 1 7.69%
Nip/Tuck Red Carpet 1 7.69%
Ka-Son: Airport Security 4 30.77%
Overhand Left Perform 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09/22/2006, 11:24 AM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I see this as another #1110, where we had Laguna Bi-otch, surrounded by absolutley horrible sketches. Interesting that the Supersticious Knights were in that episode, too.
100% Truth. This time around, we have TWO sketches that look great, one that I saw and actually wasn't bad (Maury/Connie), and the rest looking like utter crap.

Old 09/22/2006, 4:58 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

IGN has video clips of The Crazy Life and then a music video called "You Can Watch Me Play Madden." I'm pretty sure it's a parody, but I really don't know who Jordan is trying to be. Nicole RJ is in it, too.
Old 09/23/2006, 10:16 PM
Fresh Meat

Default I'M SO MAD

my cable went out due to a storm RIGHT when the show started and now I am going to miss the entire thing....GRRRR. Does anyone know if it will replay this week?
Old 09/23/2006, 10:31 PM

And for the first time in MADtv history, we have someone SOLO at a Red Carpet event. It will be interesting to see how Arden can do.

Old 09/23/2006, 11:42 PM

I don't feel like a full review, or even a bastardized version of a short review, but it was generally a fairly decent episode. Sure there were some parts of the show that were lame and boring, but I think the good parts outweighed the bad. I was surprised at how good Arden was at the Nip/Tuck premiere - probably the highlight of the episode for me. I hope they don't do a 'fake' performance every week...the last one with Ike as K-Fed was hilarious, but this one with Jordan, Keegan, and Chingy was lame.

6.5/10

Old 09/23/2006, 11:52 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I must applaud Arden, she was great at the Nip/Tuck premiere red carpet thing. She put Ike and Bobby to complete shame.

Sadly, I missed most of The Hills. I HATE MY LIFE!
Old 09/24/2006, 1:12 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

There's something seriously wrong with my FOX affiliate. The audio isn't for FOX at all, it's for some sort of radio broadcast of something, and my NBC channel has no audio at all. The rest of the channels all have correct video and audio, though.

I hope that this episode ends up on the internet somewhere, be it YouTube or otherwise.
Old 09/24/2006, 1:42 AM
Casual Fan

Arden was actually okay.

And now we at least know what Crista really looks like.

Everything else was meh.
Old 09/24/2006, 1:57 AM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

Wheel Gator enjoyed this episode very much, Most of the skits were very funny. One thing Wheel Gator enjoyed was the Ka-Son skit, because airport secruity has become a pin in the the ass the last month (Wheel Gator was a flying they day they banned all the gels and liquids).

Wheel Gator liked the Cops segment because it was the first time MADtv has done a claymation in 6 years.
Old 09/24/2006, 2:26 AM
Relative Unknown

Say, has anyone noticed something about the previews?

The week before Episode 1201, a parody of "The Hills" was previewed, and that didn't show up until 1202. Even so, I don't recall seeing the Ike-Crista kissing scenes in the sketch that was ultimately broadcasted. (I taped this episode, so I'll need to re-watch just to be 100% sure).

Then, during the 1202 preview, the Superstitious Knights were being shown, and they did not appear in the actual episode at all. Perhaps, this won't be shown until 1203?

Which leads me to the preview that aired this past Saturday. Could it be that this will be put off until 1204?

As for 1202 itself ... not quite as consistent as the premeire. That said, I did find myself laughing at a good number of the sketches, and I like the fact that the screen time was spread out a bit more evenly among the cast.
Old 09/24/2006, 2:29 AM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by elscorcho View Post
I must applaud Arden, she was great at the Nip/Tuck premiere red carpet thing. She put Ike and Bobby to complete shame.

Sadly, I missed most of The Hills. I HATE MY LIFE!
I agree wholeheartedly with this part, even to missing most of The Hills parody. I only saw like 1 minute of it. DAMN MYSELF!!!!

I really liked this episode, and the Connie and Maury thing was actually OK because it was short, and it wasn't the same joke recycled over and over. The dildo/nose trimmer thing was hilarious I thought.

I'm so glad that it seems like Madtv is bringing back Claymation..YAY!! The weekly kids news thing was also funny..as well as Ka-Son..Ka-Son sketches are always really short! I guess it's a good thing? But I dunno..

The Baby Suri things were pretty funny, even though they were like 5 seconds long...lmao Madtv does seem like it's more edgy this season than last.

My Fanfics
Old 09/24/2006, 2:58 AM

I dunno, I thought the sketch with Jordan singing about playing videogames was really funny and well done. With the multiplayer nerds singing back-up and the ending cracked me up too.

Arden's Nip/Tuck interviews were really great too. She should do more stuff like that in the future, I'm sick of Bobby Lee always doing this kinda stuff.

The ugly Crista things were alright, I think it would've been better if they stopped after the first one. They didn't really need 4 of them.

I really hope they don't start doing the "Larry King Says..." stuff all the time. That got annoying really fast. (the one from last season with Deadwood was ok, but this one was just painful to sit through)

Everyone seems to be getting good airtime so far this season except for Frank Caeti, which is disappointing, because I really enjoyed him last season.
Old 09/24/2006, 3:08 AM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

Speaking of Larry King, Wheel Gator was pissed off while watching that sketch, because they were just recycling footage from the season 10 MADtv parody of it and playing a voiceover during the montage of footage.

Now, some of the "Larry King" comments skit, Wheel Gator did laugh, but Wheel Gator was slightly pissed off when he saw archive footage of Paul Vogt and he didn't even get a Special Appearance credit at the end of the episode. Sure Paul Vogt is no longer on MADtv, but Wheel Gator really does not like the fact that the producers seem to have little respect for former cast members. He should get some royalties for that sketch, they were showing his work even though you could only see him for like 2 seconds.

Last edited by Wheel Gator; 09/29/2006 at 7:25 AM. Reason: ****S
Old 09/24/2006, 6:04 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
I'm so glad that it seems like Madtv is bringing back Claymation..YAY!!
This clip was on youtube earlier this week. While I think its cool to bring a concept like claymation (and animation for that matter) back to the show, this sketch was uninspired and felt like they stopped it mid joke. If you're going to do a claymation bit, at least make it interesting. Oh well, baby steps I guess. Did anyone else notice that it sounded like Frank Caliendo was doing the voiceover for it? Weird.

And what's this? People applauding Arden on this forum? Hell has truly frozen over.

Old 09/24/2006, 7:21 AM
His senses were dimmed

Yay people like Arden now! Wooo!
Do I see a most improved nomination in the future...? I think she did really well but it took her a sec to get into it, but when she said she hates that she is a bit racist I was hooked haha.
I thought the videogame sketch was pretty cool, it was written well I think and had a funny twist.

Finally, I was sooo glad that the Chingy thing was basically just Keegan and Jordan for the most part. I loved that he didnt actually perform haha. I wouldn't mind mock performances each episode because it can only be so long until we see a new Yo Here We Go *crosses fingers*

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 09/24/2006, 10:34 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
And what's this? People applauding Arden on this forum? Hell has truly frozen over.
Yes, yes it has. You'll probably hate it though (if you get to see it), since we can't ever agree on anything
Old 09/24/2006, 10:35 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Arden was funny at the Red Carpet sketch. HeheZ. I likededed it.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/24/2006, 10:43 AM

If mizzi were still around...he'd probably have a stroke after hearing all of the praise for Arden.

Old 09/24/2006, 10:45 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCagnazzo View Post
If mizzi were still around...he'd probably have a stroke after hearing all of the praise for Arden.
But sadly he is dead. Well...not sadly, but he's dead.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/24/2006, 10:58 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I want to beat up FOX so much right now. There are only a handful of sketches on YouTube right now, and I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of the episode on those other special websites.

This one sounds so good.