Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1306?
Commercial: Feist Gets iScrewed 12 27.91%
Opening: Hannah Montana Tickets Brawl 8 18.60%
Down Home Pancakes' Racial Ads 1 2.33%
Lesbionic Woman 3 6.98%
Meeting Joey Fatone 0 0%
Rice & Beans Tour - Part I 1 2.33%
Hollywood Lip Service 3 6.98%
Airlines Safety Video 8 18.60%
Introducing Anjelah Johnson 7 16.28%
National Air Band Champions Interview 0 0%
National Air Band Champions Performance 0 0%
Closing: Michael & Cast 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/04/2007, 3:10 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S13E06 (Aired 2007-11-10)

Commercial: "Feist Gets iScrewed"
Feist (Nicole Parker) begins to sing about how she recently purchased an iPod and right after her purchase was made, Apple released a new iPod and her iPod became obsolete. She then sings about how she keeps spending hundreds of dollars on iPods that soon become out of date and worthless, and how she recently purchased an iPhone and the price was dropped down right after she bought it. In the end, the song turns out to be a commercial for PCs, stating that although they suck, at least they'll always stay the same.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Feist)

Opening: Hannah Montana Tickets Brawl
As Keegan opens the show, Crista enters the stage bloody and torn. She then reveals she got in a brawl with tween girls over Hannah Montana tickets for her niece, but she still managed to get the tickets. However, when she takes them out, a little girl comes on stage with a sword and orders Crista to give her the tickets, but Crista manages to scare her away.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Crista Flanagan (herself)

Down Home Pancakes' Racial Ads
Jordan comes out on stage and shows the audience a pancake ad for a local pancake house called Down Home Pancakes. It's a normal pancake ad - but then, he shows the audience a Down Home ad that was aired on BET. The ad is full of black stereotypes and gangster talk. Jordan is very offended, but Johnny and Bobby don't see what the big deal is - that is, until they see Down Home's Asian and Mexican ads. While they are all appalled at first, they later realize that the ads have made them want pancakes.

Credits: Jordan Peele (himself), Johnny Sanchez (himself), Bobby Lee (himself)

The Lesbionic Woman
Jamie Summers (Crista Flanagan) gets into a serious accident and the only way to save her is to turn her into a lesbian, so her boyfriend doctor, Will (Michael McDonald), does so. She then becomes the lesbionic woman. However, she then meets Sarah (Nicole Parker), the original lesbionic woman, and learns that he turned both of them into lesbians to fight terrorism. However, they later find out that the only reason he turned them into lesbians is so that they could have a three-way.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Jamie Summers), Michael McDonald (Will), Nicole Parker (Sarah)

Meeting Joey Fatone
Nicole introduces this week's guest star, Joey Fatone, to Harlene McKinn, the official historian of the Music Box Theater. However, Harlene winds up telling him disgusting stories about stars from the 1920's having sex with underage prostitutes, and reveals that it's a popular hang-out place for infamous stars such as Phil Specter, Robert Blake, and OJ Simpson.

Credits: Joey Fatone (himself), Nicole Parker (herself)

Rice & Beans Tour - Part I
Bobby and Johnny begin their Rice & Beans Tour, which is a tour where the duo will go across midwestern America to meet MADtv fans from the midwest. In this installment, Bobby and Johnny travel from Missouri to Kansas and meet a woman and her family on their farm. [Intro provided by Bobby Lee and Johnny Sanchez.]

Credits: Bobby Lee (himself), Johnny Sanchez (himself)

Hollywood Lip Service
Kitty Gale (Arden Myrin) and Bruce Haggerdy (Jordan Peele) host a Hollywood show about celebrities - only this show is a little different, it's about Hollywood's older crowd. Kitty and Bruce talk about stars like Doris Roberts, Randy Quain, and Donald Sutherland. The show also features a segment called "Muffin Watch", hosted by Dustin Greir (Michael McDonald), which features a look at the celebrities' exposed private parts.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Kitty Gale), Jordan Peele (Bruce Haggerty), Michael McDonald (Dunston Grier)

Airlines Safety Video
In a spoof of informational videos shown before airplane flights, a jolly flight attendant (Nicole Parker) explains safety instructions to the passengers of a flight. However, the passengers are startled to learn that you now must pay for seatbelts, safety pamphlets, and oxygen masks, airplanes no longer serve any more food then a single peanut, and that there is no bathroom on the airplane.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Flight Attendant), Jordan Peele (Airplane Passenger), Arden Myrin (Airplane Passenger), Crista Flanagan (Airplane Passenger)

Introducing Anjelah Johnson
In the second of a four-part series introducing the show's new cast members, Anjelah Johnson performs her stand-up routine. [Intro provided by Arden Myrin.]

Credits: Anjelah Johnson (herself)

National Air Band Championships Interview
Julie Dinkle (Arden Myrin) interviews the National Air Band Champions, Airway to Heaven (Joey Fatone, Keegan-Michael Key, Johnny Sanchez). They explain how they met and why they broke up, and why they got back together.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Julie Dinkle), Johnny Sanchez (Stix), Joey Fatone (Airway to Heaven Frontman), Keegan-Michael Key (Fuzzyballs)

National Air Band Championships Performance
Airway to Heaven perform their hit song "Meat Machine". [Intro provided by Jordan Peele.]

Credits: Joey Fatone (Airway to Heaven Frontman), Johnny Sanchez (Stix), Keegan-Michael Key (Fuzzyballs)

Closing: Michael & Cast
Michael closes the show with the cast.

Credits: Michael McDonald (himself), Crista Flanagan (herself), Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Bobby Lee (himself), Arden Myrin (herself), Nicole Parker (herself), Jordan Peele (himself), Johnny Sanchez (himself), Anjelah Johnson (herself)

---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (2A/2S/0W)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (3A/2S/0W)
  • Bobby Lee (2A/2S/1W)
  • Michael McDonald (3A/0S/0W)
  • Arden Myrin (3A/1S/1W)
  • Nicole Parker (4A/2S/0W)
  • Jordan Peele (3A/2S/1W)
  • Johnny Sanchez (4A/4S/1W)
Featuring:
  • Anjelah Johnson (1A/1S/1W)
Guest Starring:
  • Joey Fatone (3A/2S/0W)
---

Legend:
  • (A)cting Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Role
---

As always, don't forget to submit your full review, vote for your favorite sketch, and rank this episode using our forum's thread rating feature. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Last edited by Rurry; 11/16/2007 at 8:23 PM.

Old 11/04/2007, 7:01 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Here's what you can possibly expect for this episode (thanks to AwYeahCrumpin for the information):

* Joey Fatone Guest Stars

* Anjelah Johnson's Stand-Up (Debut)

* MADtv Cast Improv (Jordan, Michael, Keegan, Nicole, Arden)

* Open: Hannah Montana Massacre (Crista, Keegan)

* Bar Talk: Joey Fatone (Joey Fatone- Himself, Nicole, Jordan)

* Coach Hines: Post Game Press Conference (Keegan- Coach Hines, Bobby- Yaminashi, Johnny, Jordan)

* The Lesbionic Woman (Crista, Michael)

* Bobby and Johnny - The Heartland Tour (Bobby, Johnny)

* International Pancakes Houses (Jordan, Bobby, Johnny)

* Music Video: Feist "1,2,3,4" (?) (Nicole- Feist)

* Hollywood Talk Show (?) (Arden, Jordan)

Old 11/04/2007, 7:52 AM
zlolz

LMAO, the Lesbionic Woman looks hilarious.

I'm going soley by sketch descriptions, but the sketches this week sound a little more MADtv then last week's sketches.

Old 11/04/2007, 8:25 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

looks good
Old 11/04/2007, 1:22 PM
Season 14 is Here!

I agree lesbonic woman seems very funny espeacially from what I saw on the commercial. Not too excited for bar sceanes i don't like those hopfully they stop those. I'm excited to see Angela on the show.

Old 11/04/2007, 6:05 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I think the "premiere" episode was just the sampler of sorts. Like it was a demo of the season. It was the first episode and I'm pretty sure the season can build from there. And I agree; the sketch line up for this week sounds A LOT more like MADtv.
Old 11/04/2007, 7:28 PM
Hardcore Fan

The Lesbonic Woman sounds like a movie that I once saw and if the sketch is anything like that movie then it's going to be awesome.

Old 11/05/2007, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
* Bobby and Johnny - The Heartland Tour (Bobby, Johnny)

* International Pancakes Houses (Jordan, Bobby, Johnny)

OK, it's official... Sanchez was hired to be Bobby's new Ike

Last edited by chopperQ; 11/05/2007 at 4:49 AM.
Old 11/05/2007, 8:42 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperQ View Post
OK, it's official... Sanchez was hired to be Bobby's new Ike
And probably the new Bobby Lee when he leaves next year, lol.

Old 11/08/2007, 6:50 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Some confirmed sketches -

Rice and Beans: The Heartland Tour (Bobby, Johnny)

Music Video: Feist "1, 2, 3, 4" (Nicole- Feist)

National Air Band Finals (Joey Fatone- Axe, Johnny- Sticks, Keegan- Fuzzy)

Anjelah Johnson's Standup

The Lesbionic Woman (Crista, Michael)

Bar Talk (Joey Fatone, Anjelah, Arden, Nicole, Jordan)

and possibly "Hollywood Lip Service" (Arden, Jordan, Michael)

There are photos of some of the upcoming sketches here: http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main...=1z2z2z100z6z6

There's also a clip of the Feist parody at www.MADtv.com and it looks hilarious

Old 11/10/2007, 10:02 PM
zlolz

Feist Gets iScrewed: This was HILARIOUS. I loved the "they iScrewed me" part and the "MP3 players - they always stay the same, they always suck!" voiceover. And of course "I swear to God I'm gonna kill someone" and Feist pretending to kill her dancers lmao. This was purely awesome.
Open: Hannah Montana Tickets Brawl: This was alright. Not as funny as the Black Friday open and basically a rip-off of that. Not very original, but Crista did well with it.
Down Home Pancakes' Racial Ads: Hey look! It's a joke that's been done 912312312312 times on MADtv, only this time, it's with MEXICAN stereotypes added in the mix!!! Wooo!!! .
Lesbionic Woman: Despite a few good jokes, this was very disappointing and not what I expected at all. A waste of what could've been a good parody.
At the Bar with Joey Fatone: This was hilarious! It was short, but the jokes were great.
Rice & Bean Tours #1: What the HELL was this? Just...what the...? This is was a waste of four minutes of my life. This doesn't deserve any stars.
Hollywood Lip Service: Good concept, but it ran way too long and got very predictable by the end.
Airlines Safety Video: Not an amazingly original sketch, but for some reason, I thought it was hilarious. Especially Nicole saying "Now you may be wondering if you're really safe..." and then instead of comforting them, she doesn't say anything lmao. I thought this was really funny.
Anjelah Johnson Stand-Up: I really like the nail salon lady. The rest of the stuff sort of sucked, but the nail salon lady was good. Two episodes in and i'm already tired of the racial humor this season.
Air Band Finals: This bombed. Just totally unfunny and way too long.
Air Band Performance: Come on, MAD. Season 12 and the S13 premiere showed you can do better then this. No stars.
Closing: Meh, I was hoping for something like last week's closing. Just...a closing this time. No rating.

Overall: The Feist parody and the Airlines commercial was good. Hannah Montana was alright. Everything else was total crap. A HUGE drop from the premiere, where only one sketch bombed (Halo 2 Boyfriend). Very disappointing episode, I hope this isn't what the rest of the season is like. Feist was brilliant though and the best sketch of the season yet. However, other then that, bad writing + useless filler + the worst duo since Ike & Josh (Bobby/Johnny) = MADtv's worst episode since early Season 11.

Episode MVP: (stealing from BW ) - Since she was the main star of two of the three sketches in this episode that were good, I'd go with Nicole. Honorable mention goes to Crista. No one else really did anything great in this episode, although I blame the material over the cast.

Rating: 3/10

Last edited by Rurry; 11/16/2007 at 6:16 PM.
Old 11/10/2007, 10:35 PM
Fresh Meat

What has happened to MADtv? This episode was terrible. If this is the new format, whose idea was this? It just seems as though they're just playing to a live audience like a variety show. What happened to the wonderful pre-recorded skits that made MAD so great and were the perfect showcase for these talented performers? Sorry, but so far I didn't see anything particularly special about Anjelah Johnson. Maybe if the show can do skits again, she might be good doing character bits.
Old 11/10/2007, 10:50 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Johnny Sanchez as the new Ike/Bobby? You guys say that as if it's a bad thing. BTW, 3R, if you think my full review of last week's episode differed significantly from yours, then you ain't seen nuttin' yet.

"We can dig it!"
Old 11/10/2007, 11:12 PM
zlolz

Well, at least you just complimented Ike and Bobby, so you've already lost your credibility with like 90% of the forum.

Old 11/11/2007, 12:00 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Big shock there. I'd probably be right in assuming that there aren't a whole lot of Three Stooges fans at this site, either. Does everything have to be subtle and "artistic" with you people? Yeeeeeeeesh!

"We can dig it!"
Old 11/11/2007, 8:19 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quite honestly, I will be shocked if MADtv survives past this season. There were only 4 sketches in the entire episode once again. There were a couple of gems (Feist, Airline Commercial) but mostly it was once again excrutiatingly lame and boring time fillers. The sketches themselves were extremely short and the "live" segments and fillers were unbearably long (Rice & Beans, Hollywood Lip Service). Does MADtv even have writers anymore or is that too expensive? All of the humor is pretty much dumbed down and completely focused on race and overdone celebrity bashing rather than coming up with anything original, such as characters.

If MADtv is cancelled, that will be doing the show a favor. Who is going to sit through 55 minutes of crap for 5 minutes of sketches in a show that is supposed to be a sketch show? Nobody except for maybe the hardcore audience who is still holding onto the idea that MADtv *MIGHT* get funny again. I'm sorry if this is cynical, but I see very little hope left for this show. I understand that renting the music box theater and paying Michael McDonald's salary is expensive, but COME ON!

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 11/11/2007, 8:48 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Bah, this episode was very disappointing. I liked the opener, but this sucked... I thought maybe after they do the opener, they will do more sketches and stuff... like Matt mentioned, the time fillers and prolonged on stage stuff was way too long.

Oh, Anjelah Johnson is hot, but her standup wasn't so funny.

Old 11/11/2007, 9:34 AM
zlolz

I agree that the episode was disappointing, as a LOT of the sketches were just total crap (Rice & Beans, Lesbionic Woman, Air Band Finals, Racial Pancakes, parts of Anjelah's stand-up) whereas last week, the only really bad one was the Halo 2 Boyfriend one.

I don't really mind the new format, they just need a little more actual sketches.

I think it was the racial humor that really killed this episode. 2 episodes of him and I can already see all of Johnny's mexican jokes coming, and of course, 7 seasons of Bobby and I can see his asian jokes coming I think it's the new cast members though that are causing it, not MADtv itself.

Old 11/11/2007, 9:52 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I for one don't really fault the cast members, they are doing what they can with really poor material and a rediculously low budget.

I fault FOX for continually lowering MADtv's budget and giving it zero promotion and the producers for reformatting the show so much that it is indistinguishable from the show I once loved. I don't know if it is really their fault so much either, they are just trying desperately to save a sinking ship and they are failing at it. My argument anymore isn't even that the sketches are bad, it is that they are almost nonexistant.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 11/11/2007, 10:34 AM
Crista's biggest fan

Crista is so much hotter than Anjelah!

I missed this episode because I was so damn tired I fell asleep early, but I'm pretty sure you ppl could see me in the audiance on this ep

Does any one have a download like a rapidshare of this episode yet?

(or should i not be asking for this here)heheh