Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/29/2005, 12:06 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Was it that special tape that he made for his memory to be erased? It didn't seem to fit in with where he was, chronologically in the film.
I thought it was, but according to my friend, on the commentary it's mentioned that this is just a tape with "their song" (the Beck song) on it, which is why when Joel hits eject the music stops.
She also says you can see the marks on his head from Lacuna. (I assume you downloaded this so mabye you can confirm newt)

I guess he's just crying because well, I guess it hurt to know Clem had him erased.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 07/29/2005, 12:14 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by PitaPockets

I thought it was, but according to my friend, on the commentary it's mentioned that this is just a tape with "their song" (the Beck song) on it, which is why when Joel hits eject the music stops.
She also says you can see the marks on his head from Lacuna. (I assume you downloaded this so mabye you can confirm newt)

I guess he's just crying because well, I guess it hurt to know Clem had him erased.
Ahhh, okay. That makes more sense. And I just took a screencap, and you can see the marks on his head.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 07/29/2005, 8:18 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Nice. Thanks Newt.
(No movies for me today, that's a shocker )

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 07/29/2005, 8:35 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

I didn't watch any movies today but yesterday I watched American Beauty (love that movie!)

I haven't watched Eternal Sunshine lately but I've seen it 2 or 3 times and I really like it. At first I was confused and watched it again a few days later and what I got out of it was that Joel & Clementine had met, went out, and erased each other from their memories several times and again & again
Old 07/29/2005, 8:52 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Well, last night I watched Million Dollar Baby, which was excellent. It absolutely deserved all the Oscars it won. I missed the beginning, so I didn't understand why Frankie's daughter didn't respond to any of his letters. Wasa reason given then, or during the film? I might've missed it.

I also watched Garden State, which, for what it was, was pretty enjoyable. Definitely one of the most true-to-life movies I've seen recently. Natalie Portman's character, and her performance, were fantastic, but in a sense it was a kind of "so-what?" type of movie because Andrews internal conflict over his family situation and his reliance on prescription drugs, which doubled as the main conflict of the film, was a pretty thin excuse for a plot in my opinion. I dunno, I just didn't really feel anything for his (Zach Braff's) character.

Today I bought Mallrats and Cecil B. Demented on DVD from a 75% off bin, and my friend lent me Monster, which I've wanted to see for a long time. Haven't watched them yet.

Old 07/29/2005, 9:47 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Million Dollar Baby was amazing. I saw it in theaters and ordered it from the Columbia House Movie Club-thing that my family subscribed to and it came last week or something but I've been waiting to invite some friends over to watch it.

There was never a reason given as to why Frankie's daughter never wrote him back. I got the impression that Hilary Swank's character was basically his daughter (not literally because if she were by chance his real daughter that'd be pretty predictable) but it never says.

I've been wanting to see Garden State and probably will (whenever) I get out to Blockbuster. Mallrats too (but first I wanna see Clerks before any other Kevin Smith movie)...Cecil B Demented too...I've been dying to see Pink Flamingos (and will do so) before I see any of John Water's other films.

Monster is the most depressing movie I've ever seen. Be prepared for a downer (though I'm sure you already know it's not the most uplifting movie)
Old 07/29/2005, 10:28 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Well yeah, he treated Maggie like a daughter once she broke through the wall that he had put up. I think the reason he didn't want to train her was because he knew he would get emotionally involved and he had obviously been hurt really badly by his daughter (and Willie, among others) so he knew by getting involved he was just building himself up for disappointment. They both craved affection from their parent/child and neither of them got it through their biological family, which is why their relationship was so special. I never got the impression, or even thought about the fact that they may have been Father and Daughter. They weren't related.

Old 07/30/2005, 9:42 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

I watched Pieces of April for the second time tonight and like 80%(?) of The Ice Storm

My friend Susan thought both were depressing (Pieces of April is sad but I sorta like it) and the majority of The Ice Storm that we watched I liked I'll probably watch the rest is a few minutes or tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07/30/2005, 10:53 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Tonight I watched two movies. The first being a new movie that just came out into theaters called Sky High. I thought this was a pretty good movie. Especially for a kid. Yes that means me. About 15 years old. I really enjoyed it. But it was even funnier if you know some of the older actors that were in this film. Like Dave Foley and Lynda Carter. I knew who both of them were. While watching this movie, Lynda Carter said, "Geez, I'm not Wonder Woman you know." Alot of the adults in the theater laughed. I laughed too because I knew that she played Wonder Woman in the past. The children in the audience had no clue what she was talking about though. Lol. Good movie. Super powers were great! Woo! Who doesn't love a good super hero movie?

The next movie I saw was something I bought from the store. Not Another Teen Movie. It's one of my favorite movies ever made. Clever righting and great casting. Great lines. I love movies that parody other movies. Which is basically what this was. Hence the title. Use your immagination.

(Naked girl sees other naked girl at party)

Girl: She stole my outfit.

Girl 2: It looks way better on you.

Haha. I loved that movie. Go see it! It's great!

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 07/31/2005, 12:20 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Potora
Tonight I watched two movies. The first being a new movie that just came out into theaters called Sky High. I thought this was a pretty good movie. Especially for a kid. Yes that means me. About 15 years old. I really enjoyed it. But it was even funnier if you know some of the older actors that were in this film. Like Dave Foley and Lynda Carter. I knew who both of them were. While watching this movie, Lynda Carter said, "Geez, I'm not Wonder Woman you know." Alot of the adults in the theater laughed. I laughed too because I knew that she played Wonder Woman in the past. The children in the audience had no clue what she was talking about though. Lol. Good movie. Super powers were great! Woo! Who doesn't love a good super hero movie?

The next movie I saw was something I bought from the store. Not Another Teen Movie. It's one of my favorite movies ever made. Clever righting and great casting. Great lines. I love movies that parody other movies. Which is basically what this was. Hence the title. Use your immagination.

(Naked girl sees other naked girl at party)

Girl: She stole my outfit.

Girl 2: It looks way better on you.

Haha. I loved that movie. Go see it! It's great!
I love "Not Another Teen Movie"!!!

I liked the musical number! "I just jacked off in your french toast!"
lMAO!

Anyway... The last movie(s) I saw were Scream 2 and Pulp Fiction, I've seen them both already but they were on TV so I flipped back and forth.
Old 07/31/2005, 10:24 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Four movies today. ^_^

Blazing Saddles
A Mel Brooks movie about a small town that needs a new Sheriff. He turns out to be black and hilarity ensues. It's really has great dialogue and sight gags, I laughed every minute. If you haven't seen a Mel Brooks movie, I (aside from feeling sorry for you) suggest you see one. This is one of the best. Actors include Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka) and Madeline Kahn (Clue).

Whale Rider
A movie from New Zealand about a young Maori girl that defies her grandfather to show that she can lead a tribe. I thought it might be difficult to get into this movie because I'm not too knowledgable about Maori culture but that was not the case. This movie was incredible and I highly reccomend it. Oh, and yes, I cried a bit...yeah, so sue me. =P

Looking for Richard
This is a documentary directed by Al Pacino. It's about a 1996 performance with him playing Richard the III in the Shakespeare play of the same name. Between clips of the rehersals and performances are interviews with actors and people on the street about what the Bard means to them and Pacino's struggle to make Shakespeare more accessable to the public. I thought this documentary was more interesting then entertaining, a must if you enjoy Shakespeare but not if you're expecting a movie like Heat.

Resident Evil
I watched this on a lark really. I needed to kill some time. While it's not the greatest movie, it does its job. What can I say? I'm a sucker for zombie dogs.

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 08/01/2005, 9:35 AM
Hardcore Fan

Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Old 08/01/2005, 12:06 PM
CSI Hottie

The other day I watched Liar Liar with Jim Carrey

Dear God, Please protect me from your followers. Love, Me
Old 08/01/2005, 4:03 PM
Regular

i watched half of Wayne's World today...

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Old 08/02/2005, 3:10 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I just watched The Forgotten with Jullianne Moore. It's about a woman who is in therapy because of the death of her son. It's then revealed that she never had a son. Together with a man who lost his daughter on the same plane crash, they attempt to prove the children's existance.
This movie had alot of potential but I didn't like the way they chose to deal with it. I think conspiracy theorists will like it tho...

Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 08/05/2005, 1:31 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

I just got done watching Stealth. It's about the 3 professional super duper jet flyers who go on super cool sweet action packed missions to defend America. And then they get a new teammember, BUT it's not a person, it's a jet with it's own AI and then it gets struck my lightning and gets evil, but I won't spoil it anymore. I really liked this movie. The plot was awesome, and I loved all the flying sequences the best, which is most of the movie, so that was sweet.

Old 08/05/2005, 5:59 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I finally got around to watching Monster last night. Depressing is definitely the word I would use to describe it. Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci were both amazing, they're both excellent actresses.

I also watched Taxi Driver on Monday, which is about a Nw York cab driver who goes insane during the election period one year and takes the job of cleaning up the streets of New York into his own hands. I didn't think it was that great.

Old 08/06/2005, 12:56 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

I didn't JUST watch this, but I did recently, but here it is. Not Another Teen Movie Unrated There is 10 extra minutes of scenes not shown in theatres or anywhere else blah. They cut out ALOT of scenes with Ricky (that guy who is obsessed with Janie) and Areola (The titty girl). Verrry Funny movie. Probably the best Teen movie parody ever.

Old 08/06/2005, 4:12 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally posted by newt007
I didn't JUST watch this, but I did recently, but here it is. Not Another Teen Movie Unrated There is 10 extra minutes of scenes not shown in theatres or anywhere else blah. They cut out ALOT of scenes with Ricky (that guy who is obsessed with Janie) and Areola (The titty girl). Verrry Funny movie. Probably the best Teen movie parody ever.
I own the unrated version of this movie as well. It's very cool. I've watched all of the Special Features already. The movie trivia was a little hard for me because I haven't seen any teen movies from the 80's like The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles. Usually I wait awhile to watch them for some reason. But Speacial Features are one of the main reasons I buy DVDs instead of VHS.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 08/06/2005, 5:02 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

I just got done watching Sin City. It was a verrry good movie with a good plot. The only thinkg that ruined me was the whole black and white thing. I really hated that, so it made it a lot worse than it could have been.