Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > All About Us
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 05/23/2005, 11:57 AM
mrekim's Avatar
mrekim Male mrekim is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CONDO #1878
Posts: 286
Heart

I do remember Ron @ 2832-36 st

__________________
DIG-DAG-DO
Reply With Quote




  #22  
Old 05/23/2005, 4:11 PM
Dartanian's Avatar
Dartanian Male Dartanian is offline
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,606
My entire country is smaller than alot of US states

Anna Paquin (The Piano, X Men)
Sam Neill (Jurassic Park)
Martin Henderson (The Ring... some other stuff)
Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (Lord of the Rings)
*cough* Lord of the Rings *cough*
Keisha Castle Hughes (whale Rider, Star Wars II & III)
Jay Lagaia (Star Wars II & III)
Temuera Morrison (Once Were Warriors, Star Wars, Speed II)
Melanie Lynskey (Heavenly Creatures, 2 and a Half Men)
Sir Edmund Hilary (First person to get to the top of Mount Everest)
Lord Ernest Rutherford (First to split the atom)
Lee Tamahori (Famous director)
Bic Runga (Singer)
Rachel Hunter (Model and Rod Stewarts wife... "actress")
Split Enz / Crowded House
Lucy Lawless (Xena!)
Jane Campion (Writer and Director, "The Piano")
David Tua (World Champion Boxer) lives a few streets away from me.

And... others. I can guarantee that almost all of these people lived in Auckland at some time. There really are only 4 or 5 big cities in the entire country and 25% of the population (over 1 million people) live here.

Russell Crowe was born here but lived in Australia most of his life.

__________________
What happened to Andrae?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05/24/2005, 3:03 AM
hellahellalala's Avatar
hellahellalala Female hellahellalala is offline
Goren rules
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cochhurtz
My entire country is smaller than alot of US states

Anna Paquin (The Piano, X Men)
Sam Neill (Jurassic Park)
Martin Henderson (The Ring... some other stuff)
Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh (Lord of the Rings)
*cough* Lord of the Rings *cough*
Keisha Castle Hughes (whale Rider, Star Wars II & III)
Jay Lagaia (Star Wars II & III)
Temuera Morrison (Once Were Warriors, Star Wars, Speed II)
Melanie Lynskey (Heavenly Creatures, 2 and a Half Men)
Sir Edmund Hilary (First person to get to the top of Mount Everest)
Lord Ernest Rutherford (First to split the atom)
Lee Tamahori (Famous director)
Bic Runga (Singer)
Rachel Hunter (Model and Rod Stewarts wife... "actress")
Split Enz / Crowded House
Lucy Lawless (Xena!)
Jane Campion (Writer and Director, "The Piano")
David Tua (World Champion Boxer) lives a few streets away from me.

And... others. I can guarantee that almost all of these people lived in Auckland at some time. There really are only 4 or 5 big cities in the entire country and 25% of the population (over 1 million people) live here.

Russell Crowe was born here but lived in Australia most of his life.
You're right, New Zealand has done very well for it's population size And I think Australia has basically claimed Russell Crowe, lol

__________________
Help keep the 7AM Condo Report in the MADtv Character Showdown

...So long and thanks for all the fish...

There's a tugboat, huh, huh, down by the river dontcha know
Where a cement bag’s just a'drooppin' on down
Oh, that cement is just, it's there for the weight, dear
Five'll get ya ten old Macky’s back in town
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05/24/2005, 8:55 AM
Mxz's Avatar
Mxz Female Mxz is offline
<3 True Love <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Not in Your House...
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cochhurtz

*cough* Lord of the Rings *cough*
what about Without A Paddle?...twas filmed there also

__________________

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05/24/2005, 8:44 PM
MADcityBadger's Avatar
MADcityBadger Female MADcityBadger is offline
Be Kind to Your Nuggs
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Madtown, WI
Posts: 384
Quote:
originally posted by MoForPresident breaking benjamin and joe amato (racing).
Don't forget Bazooka Joe of Bazooka gum

__________________
A proud member of the Freaky Ass People Who Love Loud Thunderstorms and Tornados Club. Trey, Eva, Christina

MySpace

<Badgina> No, many women have had their babies vacuumed out.
<Devin_> What if the bag is full?

There Trey, happy now?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05/24/2005, 9:52 PM
Dartanian's Avatar
Dartanian Male Dartanian is offline
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,606
Quote:
Originally posted by Mxz


what about Without A Paddle?...twas filmed there also
There have been alot of movies filmed here. The reason I didn't include without a paddle was because it was neither successful nor good.

__________________
What happened to Andrae?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05/24/2005, 10:42 PM
tarzapam's Avatar
tarzapam Female tarzapam is offline
Ready for a change
Active Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,478
um...sort of close to wher i live...

SilverChair(band)
Sarah Wynter(6 days, 24)

They had an article of famous people from my area a few weeks ago...shame is i basically forgot most of them
haha

I can think of celebs from my State though(New South Wales)
Nicole Kidman
...actually...i can't even gurantee that cause i just know most of the 'big name' australians that are known overseas....i only know they are FROM australia,not exactly where though
oh well
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05/25/2005, 2:05 AM
elscorcho Male elscorcho is offline
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally posted by tarzapam
um...sort of close to wher i live...

SilverChair(band)
Ooh that's cool. I like silverchair! Well, I guess I should say liked because I don't think they've released anything in a few years...not that I know of anyway. Plus I really only like their first CD, their second one wasn't really any good, but there's a few songs on that last one that I liked.


Uh, as for celebrities from Austin...I'm sure there's many, but for now all I can think of is Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, and that stupid blonde guy from the OC.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05/25/2005, 8:45 AM
Mxz's Avatar
Mxz Female Mxz is offline
<3 True Love <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Not in Your House...
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cochhurtz
There have been alot of movies filmed here. The reason I didn't include without a paddle was because it was neither successful nor good.
Ummm Without A Paddle is and forever WILL BE More Interesting and entertaining then those boring ass Lord of the Rings Movies and Books

Star wars is WAY WAY WAY better than LOTR too but that's MORE

__________________

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05/25/2005, 12:48 PM
Pool Girl's Avatar
Pool Girl Female Pool Girl is offline
Completely Unrelated.
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Delaware.
Posts: 1,494
Quote:
Originally posted by Mxz


Ummm Without A Paddle is and forever WILL BE More Interesting and entertaining then those boring ass Lord of the Rings Movies and Books

Star wars is WAY WAY WAY better than LOTR too but that's MORE
I agree with that . Without a Paddle is like so much better thatn LOTR and Star Wars is better than LOTR.

__________________
"Like I always say, there's no "I" in team. There's a "me" though, if you jumble it up." -Dr. Gregory House , House M.D
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05/25/2005, 2:47 PM
TchaKnowWhat's Avatar
TchaKnowWhat Female TchaKnowWhat is offline
i'm an institution
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: chicAAAAHHHHgo
Posts: 1,383
There's a few celebs from here, although I really cant think of any off the top of my head. Josh and Ike are from here, though, and Nicole and Keegan have been in Second City Chicago, so has Stephnie.

My dad's the one who bumbs into celebs here, since he works downtown. When he was younger, he actually walked through a shot in a TV show and they had to yell cut, lol. Yesterday he came home saying he saw a movie beeing filmed at Millers Pub, and he saw Catherine Zeta Jones there. He also saw people filming Home Alone 2 before, and some Tom Hanks movie. He sees Jerry Springer walking around form time to time too.

JERRY JERRY JERRY! lol

__________________

oh hey, this place is different

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05/25/2005, 2:54 PM
Steph Weir Fan's Avatar
Steph Weir Fan Female Steph Weir Fan is offline
.::Shame on you::.
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally posted by TchaKnowWhat
There's a few celebs from here, although I really cant think of any off the top of my head. Josh and Ike are from here, though, and Nicole and Keegan have been in Second City Chicago, so has Stephnie.

My dad's the one who bumbs into celebs here, since he works downtown. When he was younger, he actually walked through a shot in a TV show and they had to yell cut, lol. Yesterday he came home saying he saw a movie beeing filmed at Millers Pub, and he saw Catherine Zeta Jones there. He also saw people filming Home Alone 2 before, and some Tom Hanks movie. He sees Jerry Springer walking around form time to time too.

JERRY JERRY JERRY! lol
Thats awsome...I wish that I could walk around Pittsburgh and bump into a celebrity

THAT WOULD ROCK

__________________
:heart: ~Stephnie Weir + Michael McDonald + Mo Collins + Josh Meyers~ :heart:
ROCK MY SOX OFF !!!

"It's not about molding yourself into the person you admire, but rather following their lead in finding and embracing your own unique voice."
~Stephnie Weir
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05/25/2005, 8:37 PM
Mxz's Avatar
Mxz Female Mxz is offline
<3 True Love <3
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Not in Your House...
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally posted by TchaKnowWhat
There's a few celebs from here, although I really cant think of any off the top of my head. Josh and Ike are from here, though,
Josh is from New Hampshire...He might've stayed in Chi-Town for like a year...but I think that hardy Constitutes as being from somewhere...more like Living... ....I Shutting people's hopes down....

__________________

*disclaimer: this post is not intendid to offend male homosexuals due to it's flamboyancy...any discrepencies from this post need be discussed in a pm to the poster thank you!

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05/26/2005, 5:23 AM
hellahellalala's Avatar
hellahellalala Female hellahellalala is offline
Goren rules
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally posted by tarzapam
um...sort of close to wher i live...

SilverChair(band)
Sarah Wynter(6 days, 24)

They had an article of famous people from my area a few weeks ago...shame is i basically forgot most of them
haha

I can think of celebs from my State though(New South Wales)
Nicole Kidman
...actually...i can't even gurantee that cause i just know most of the 'big name' australians that are known overseas....i only know they are FROM australia,not exactly where though
oh well
There are heaps more celebs from NSW than from Queensland. Where are Cate Blanchett and Hugh Jackman from? Either NSW or Victoria I bet, no one famous is from here

__________________
Help keep the 7AM Condo Report in the MADtv Character Showdown

...So long and thanks for all the fish...

There's a tugboat, huh, huh, down by the river dontcha know
Where a cement bag’s just a'drooppin' on down
Oh, that cement is just, it's there for the weight, dear
Five'll get ya ten old Macky’s back in town
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05/26/2005, 8:46 PM
crushonmary's Avatar
crushonmary Male crushonmary is offline
JAVAN said so.
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 1,130
terry bradshaw's also from louisiana...and britney & jamie-lyn spears...

__________________
Big Brother 8 Jen ~ Javan ~ Big Brother 9 Neil

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06/05/2005, 2:39 PM
Mo4ever's Avatar
Mo4ever Female Mo4ever is offline
Alex + Jackson= <3
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Caliiii
Posts: 794
Not too celebs from my area, but I can think of some...

*The Donnas (a band) formed in Palo Alto, about 15-20 minutes from me.
*Before Barry Bonds moved to L.A., he lived in my town up in the hills. He went to the school I go to now, and after my basketball game last year, I saw him and his son at Little League Baseball Tryouts (no I did not try out for a boy's league)
*Shirley Temple lives in the hills of my city.

But my favorite one is...








wait for it...













wait...















just a little longer...












can you guess?




















ALEX BORSTEIN!

Went to college in San Fransisco, about 1/2 hour from me. Go Alligators!!!!!

__________________
R.I.P. Madeline :heart:

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06/05/2005, 3:46 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Quote:
Originally posted by mo4ever























ALEX BORSTEIN!

Went to college in San Fransisco, about 1/2 hour from me. Go Alligators!!!!!


Oh lordy............



Just because Alex went to college in SF doesn't mean she's FROM SF...............Goodness



it amazes me how quickly you change loyalties.

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06/05/2005, 4:01 PM
iLoveStewie's Avatar
iLoveStewie Female iLoveStewie is offline
Jiggle jaggle, jig jig.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Uranus
Posts: 160
Ummm lets seeee I was born in eastern NC, Jaime Pressly is from there (can't remember which city). She was in 'Not Another Teen Movie' as the bitchy cheerleader.. and the incestual sister in 'Joe Dirt'.

Yeah she's pretty hot.


EDIT: I did a lil search!

Tori Amos
Pam Grier
Clay Aiken (PUKE)
Ava Gardner actress, Smithfield
Andy Griffith actor, Mount Airy
Richard Petty auto racer, Level Cross
Randy Travis musician, Charlotte

__________________
conocí tus ojos negros
y ahora si que no puedo vivir sin ellos yo
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06/05/2005, 4:06 PM
Pizzotty's Avatar
Pizzotty Male Pizzotty is offline
I'm back, bitchesss!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Stuck in a leather thong.
Posts: 3,730
Celebrities and the city they came from.

Bethune, Mary McLeod (Mayesville)
Brown, James (Barnwell)
Calhoun, John C. (McCormick County)
Dick, Andy (Charleston)
Edwards, John (Seneca)
Gibson, Althea (Silver)
Gibson, William (Conway)
Gillespie, Dizzy (Cheraw)
Hutton, Lauren (Charleston)
Jackson, Andrew (Waxhaw)
Jackson, Jesse (Greenville)
Phillips, John (Parris Island)
Rock, Chris (Georgetown)
White, Vanna (North Myrtle Beach)
Williams, Jayson (Ritter)


All from the same state I live in.

__________________


Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06/05/2005, 6:06 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho


Ooh that's cool. I like silverchair! Well, I guess I should say liked because I don't think they've released anything in a few years...not that I know of anyway. Plus I really only like their first CD, their second one wasn't really any good, but there's a few songs on that last one that I liked.


Uh, as for celebrities from Austin...I'm sure there's many, but for now all I can think of is Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, and that stupid blonde guy from the OC.
Actually, Sandra Bullock isn't FROM Austin she just moved their. And I think Matthew McConaughey is originally from another part of Texas, but I could be wrong.

But of course my favorite star from Texas is... STEPHNIE WEIR!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:33 AM.