Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/21/2008, 12:41 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Phil LaMarr Timeline

In 1995, Phil LaMarr's star was rising. He had been in a few movies, and had a memorable role in the hit cult movie Pulp Fiction, so when a role was offered to him to be a cast member on a new sketch show that started at 11:00 at night, it would have been crazy for him to take the job right? Wrong, Phil took the job, and it turned out to be the best decision he could make as it is the role that would make him famous, and the role that he would entertain audiences at for the next 4 1/2 years. This timeline chronicles the life of Phil LaMarr on MADtv, the timeline for the man who lasted longer on the show than any of his original male cast mates that he entered with. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Phil LaMarr timeline.

1995: Phil is offered a role on a new sketch comedy show MADtv, which he takes.

October 14, 1995: The first episode of MADtv. Phil and MADtv's first sketch is called Cast Search. Read the transcript

October 21, 1995: The first Jaq the UBS Guy sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

January 13, 1996: Phil plays Bill Casdy in the Al Casdy sketches for the first time. Read the transcript

March 9, 1996: The first Rick sketch is performed, and Phil plays Robert in the That's my White Mama sketches for the first time. Read the Rick transcript, Watch the That's my White Mama sketch

April 6, 1996: Phil plays Robert in the That's my White Mama sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

February 1, 1997: The first Savante sketch is performed.

February 15, 1997: Phil plays Bill Casdy in the Al Casdy sketches for the last time.

October 11, 1997: The first Funky Walker Dirty Talker sketch is performed, and Phil appears as Chance Cumulus in the News at 6 sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch (sorry the beginning was cut off, this was the only video for this scene I could find), Read the News at 6 transcripts

November 8, 1997: Phil plays Steve in the Erascists sketches for the first time. Read the transcript

September 12, 1998: The last Savante sketch is performed.

September 19, 1998: Phil plays Lincoln Willis: Lt. Abraham Jefferson in the Rocket Revengers sketches for the first time.

January 9, 1999: Phil plays Crazy-Fingered Freddy in the Shaundra sketches for the first time.

May 1, 1999: Phil appears as Crazy-Fingered Freddy in the Shaunda sketches, and Steve in the Erascists sketches for the last time.

May 22, 1999: Phil appears as Chance Cumulus in the News at 6 sketches for the last time. Read the transcript

October 9, 1999: The last Rick sketch is performed. Read the transcript

November 13, 1999: The last Jaq the UBS Guy sketch is performed.

January 29, 2000: Phil plays Lincoln Willis: Lt. Abraham Jefferson in the Rocket Revengers sketches for the last time.

February 5, 2000: The last Funky Walker Dirty Talker sketch is performed. This would be Phil's last recurring character, and last sketch on the show as a cast member.

Life After MAD

Phil has not done much in live roles since leaving MADtv. He has had a few roles on shows like Yes Dear, and NYPD Blue, and had a small role in the movie Spiderman 2. Phil has made more of an impact in the animated world than he has in the live television roles. He has had big starring roles in shows like the lead role in the show Static Shock, The Weekenders (as Carver), and as Hermes Conrad in the hit cult show Futurama. After being away from MAD for 3 seasons, you would have thought that Phil would have forgotten about the role that made him famous. Not so, as he would return to the show almost 3 years later to guest.

September 20, 2003: Phil returns to MADtv for the first time since leaving the show 3 years earlier and appears in one sketch. He plays Kalvin "Mudflap" Clarke in a Real ********ing Talk sketch.

Phil has not appeared since then, which gives me worry that he has forgotten us. Let's hope he hasn't as it would be a shame for the guy who lasted longer than all of the original cast members of MADtv to forget the show where I believe he did his best acting work.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 07/28/2008 at 6:42 PM.

Old 07/21/2008, 1:34 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I have no impression whatsoever of him, but I do know who is he. Why I missed his characters is a real mystery...

Old 07/21/2008, 2:36 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Well he was a great entertainer in his 5 year run and he will be missed.