Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/28/2004, 6:30 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

In another forum, I read that Aries Spears was scheduled to be on G4TechTV's The Screensavers. He didn't make it, but he might be on sometime this week.

Old 10/05/2004, 8:39 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Default Aries Spears On Club Comic View Tonight!

Read the title...

Yep, he's going to be on Club Comic View tonight!

He's coming up in a few minutes...the preview before the commercials showed him doing his LL Cool J impression.

I'll reply when he's done to tell you's what I thought

btw, sorry if this was already posted...
Old 10/05/2004, 8:49 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

It was funny!

He was only on there for about 5 minutes (the other comics had 7-10 minutes ) so his time was short...

He did a James Brown impression (has he ever done this on the show?) That was funny.

The audience was screaming out impression requests and he said "God damn! This isn't a wedding! Screaming out requests..." but he took the requests.

He also did his Shaq impression, that was funny....nothing different then what he does on MAD but it was still funny.

He did his DMX impression and saying that DMX and praying don't mix well that was good too.

He also did his LL Cool J impression, that was funny too...

He also did a Jay Z impression and that was funny....he was saying how did he get Beyonce and that he looks like he has two sausage links on the side of his face. Has he ever done a Jay Z impression on MAD TV?

His short performance was funny and good.

Oh, and he also did a short Denzel Washington impression but it was just a walk, saying to do the Denzel walk when your girl is about to walk out on you.

Did anyone else see this?
Old 10/05/2004, 10:07 PM
Not a fighter a writer

Default I didn't

I didn't see it I bowl Tuesday Nights.......Melissa

Heroes,Private Practice,Greek, Ugly Betty,Grey's Antomy, Pushing daisies,Gossip girl are all great shows.

Country Music, and 80's and 90's pop is great music
Old 10/05/2004, 10:11 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Hes done James Brown Jr alot on the show, and he did an impression of Jay-Z at "The Fighting Temptations" Premiere

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 10/05/2004, 11:49 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

What channel and time does this program normally come on at?

Old 10/06/2004, 4:43 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

It comes on BET but I never watch it so I dont know what time.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 10/06/2004, 11:59 AM

I think it might come on again, tonight. If i'm right, they show the one from the previous night at 8:00pm (9:00 central), followed by a new episode at 9:00pm. If not, then THANKS for the last minute notice.

Hey, I thought you guys were bonkers over Madtv. You guys should have known about this DAYS ago, to inform us about it....somebody's sleeping on the job. I'm not one to point the mouse clicker, but Myser E...my arrow's on your name...I'm just sayin'.

Old 10/06/2004, 12:11 PM
Totally F****able

I saw it last night..........he was on for about 5 minutes. Did a James brown impression, a denzel impression and something else.....wasn't really that funny, but got a few laughs out of me

He had these REALLY REALLY dark black circles under his eyes.

Old 10/06/2004, 12:41 PM

For as long as I've been watching Madtv, he's always had very dark circles around his eyes. The man's getting old...and on top of that, he's probably so busy that he WHO AM I KIDDIN'. I don't have to make up excuses for this man. Maybe he doesn't keep up with the up keep, if you know what I mean. Atleast it doesn't distract from the comedy.

I'm pretty sure he was funny. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch a re-run soon. Next time, give me a call when something important like that happens.

Check me out, I'm listed bubba.

Old 10/06/2004, 1:49 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndCiti
I think it might come on again, tonight. If i'm right, they show the one from the previous night at 8:00pm (9:00 central), followed by a new episode at 9:00pm. If not, then THANKS for the last minute notice.

Hey, I thought you guys were bonkers over Madtv. You guys should have known about this DAYS ago, to inform us about it....somebody's sleeping on the job. I'm not one to point the mouse clicker, but Myser E...my arrow's on your name...I'm just sayin'.
Thanks, I'll check my tv schedule.
Edit: It's on tonight at 1am in my market, so i'll watch it and add it to my growing list of tapes.

The problem w/ finding castmembers in certain tv programs is that they're not listed in the program under the cast for the show in yahoo tv. The majority of times that is where a castmember is listed- even if it's a guest spot. If they're not listed, then there's no other way I will know unless one of us finds out by seeing a commercial or some other way.

Old 10/06/2004, 3:43 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ndCiti
For as long as I've been watching Madtv, he's always had very dark circles around his eyes. The man's getting old...and on top of that, he's probably so busy that he WHO AM I KIDDIN'. I don't have to make up excuses for this man. Maybe he doesn't keep up with the up keep, if you know what I mean. Atleast it doesn't distract from the comedy.

I'm pretty sure he was funny. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch a re-run soon. Next time, give me a call when something important like that happens.

Check me out, I'm listed bubba.
He's not getting old. He's recently turned 29 or 30, that's hardly old. He's also physically let himself go too. Seeing his guts roll around in that Mike Tyson Chili's thing was too much. I'd say it's too much booze and drugs that have caused the dark circles around his eyes.

Old 10/06/2004, 9:05 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003

He had these REALLY REALLY dark black circles under his eyes.
Yeah I noticed that too but forgot to mention it...
Old 10/07/2004, 7:27 AM

Let's admit it, if we didn't know he was a comedian, I'm pretty sure we'd be afraid of Mr. Spears. He's just a scary SOB. hEY mR. E, can you mail me a copy of that tape? You can send it directly to Second City, or my home address. I have money so it's not really an object. Also, if anyone knows how to make a fake mustache, let me in on how.

As I stated before, I have no segways. From one topic to the next I go.

Old 10/08/2004, 5:45 PM
Fresh Meat

Default A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Things got a little heated last week during a taping of BET’s Coming to the Stage. Sources say Aries Spears (Mad TV) rubbed his fellow judges the wrong way with his excessively brutal treatment of a contestant on the show.

Apparently, anchor judge Kim Coles (Living Single) and guest judge Thea Vidale (Thea) felt Spears’ antics were inappropriate and spoke up. “I don’t know what’s in the water over at Mad TV, but you’ve got a big head,” said Coles, according to a source.

Vidale attempted to encourage the auditioning comic by telling him his style reminded her of Franklyn Ajaye. Spears countered, “Franklyn Ajaye hasn’t been funny since he starred in Car Wash."

A fed up Vidale exclaimed, “You came up in here thinking you’re Simon Cowell from American Idol or something. You better be careful of how you treat people, because you’ll turn around and be opening for this guy next week!” I contacted Vidale, who was still aggravated about the situation. “Aries Spears is a c—t of a man, and I’ll tell him to his face. He made Kim Coles upset, and she’s so sweet and never gets mad at anyone. Furthermore, when he sees Franklyn Ajaye he owes him an apology,” she said.

Old 10/08/2004, 5:49 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Default Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by ~StuartsCookie~
Things got a little heated last week during a taping of BET’s Coming to the Stage. Sources say Aries Spears (Mad TV) rubbed his fellow judges the wrong way with his excessively brutal treatment of a contestant on the show.

Apparently, anchor judge Kim Coles (Living Single) and guest judge Thea Vidale (Thea) felt Spears’ antics were inappropriate and spoke up. “I don’t know what’s in the water over at Mad TV, but you’ve got a big head,” said Coles, according to a source.

Vidale attempted to encourage the auditioning comic by telling him his style reminded her of Franklyn Ajaye. Spears countered, “Franklyn Ajaye hasn’t been funny since he starred in Car Wash."

A fed up Vidale exclaimed, “You came up in here thinking you’re Simon Cowell from American Idol or something. You better be careful of how you treat people, because you’ll turn around and be opening for this guy next week!” I contacted Vidale, who was still aggravated about the situation. “Aries Spears is a c—t of a man, and I’ll tell him to his face. He made Kim Coles upset, and she’s so sweet and never gets mad at anyone. Furthermore, when he sees Franklyn Ajaye he owes him an apology,” she said.
How can Kim Coles say that about Mad tv when she was on the show before? It doesn't make any sense.

Old 10/08/2004, 5:58 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by potora

How can Kim Coles say that about Mad tv when she was on the show before? It doesn't make any sense.
What? It has nothing to do with her being on MADtv before. Plain and simple, Aries Spears is an a**hole. Even in this thread there's an article about him being thrown out of a Comedy Club in NYC. His egotistic behaviour isn't new, I've heard lots of "stories" of what a jerk he is.

Old 10/08/2004, 5:59 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Re: Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by potora

Aries Must Have REALLY pissed her off. I Wonder when this is comming on...

Old 10/08/2004, 6:05 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

I had never heard anything about Aries acting like that but he does seem a bit um... "strange" on the show. I know he is acting but I can tell when the real him is comming out. I don't know how though.

Old 10/08/2004, 6:07 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Default Re: Re: Re: A News Snippiet about Aries.......

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
What? It has nothing to do with her being on MADtv before. Plain and simple, Aries Spears is an a**hole. Even in this thread there's an article about him being thrown out of a Comedy Club in NYC. His egotistic behaviour isn't new, I've heard lots of "stories" of what a jerk he is.
I dont think she should bash the show anyway just because of what one person from the show does.