Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/04/2004, 9:46 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
I'm just trying to figure out what this has to do with Alex Borstein.
Alex used to be a writer for Hysteria

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!

Old 10/23/2004, 10:13 PM
"Serpentine! Run!"

Default INTERESTING.....Alex Borestein on Power Rangers

haha...alex bofrestein did the voice of queen machina in power rangers....

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...Alex_Borstein/

I come through with a "huh" and a "God that's cute,"
And my name is Lorraine,
White as cocaine.

I'm a real cool woman,
Not a backseat woman,
And I'm the reason MAD's back for season seven.

Disagree? Well boohoo and tough luck,
'Cuz to tell you the truth,
I don't give a "Huhuhuhuhuh"!

High-heeled gals go rockin' through the streets,
Four hot ass chicks from the MADtv.

Gawwwdd, thats cute
Old 10/25/2004, 7:48 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Recurring Characters:
Ms. Bunny Swan, Jasmine Wayne-Wayne (Michael McLoud & Jasmine Wayne-Wayne), Shaunda, Will's Little Sister, Cordo (Gap Troll), Anne (Eracists), Sue Napersville (News at Six), Sarah Jessica Johnson Love Heart: Britney (Pretty White Kids with problems), Echo (Stick Chicks), Alison, Mrs Brightling (The Brightlings), Karen Goddard (Child Genius)

Celebrity Impressions:
Chelsea Clinton, Rosie O'Donnell, Vivian Vance, Geri Halliwell, Monica Lewinsky, Bjork, Ellen DeGeneres, Roseanne, Josť Carreras, Patsy Ramsey, Jean Stapleton, Janeane Garofalo, Jane Pauley, Regis Philbin, Joyce Dewitt, Emma Bunton, Ron Howard, Sarah Kelly, Mary Bono, Rose Marie, Tori Spelling, Marie Osmond, Natalie Merchant, Debbie Rowe, Hallie Eisenberg, Julie Cypher, Dolly Parton, Cindy Williams, Betty Ford, Kristin Davis, Eunice Wentworth, Maura Tierney, Megan Mullally, Jamie Lynn DiScala, Candy Spelling, Anne Robinson, Beverly Mitchell, Jessica Price

- Officer Lily Wender?

Last edited by Dartanian; 10/25/2004 at 8:18 PM.
Old 10/25/2004, 7:50 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Officer Lily Wender is a recurring character that doesn't have a character page I believe.

Old 11/06/2004, 2:49 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

November 04, 2004 06:37 PM US Eastern Timezone

Debra Messing and Megan Mullally to Be Honored at the Trevor Project's ``
Cracked Xmas 7,'' along with Wells Fargo

for Sunday, Dec. 5

--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The Trevor Project Will Honor Messing, Mullally and Wells Fargo
at Its Annual "Cracked Xmas 7" Charity Event
to Be Held at The Wiltern LG on Sunday, December 5th, 2004

WHO: Debra Messing, Megan Mullally, Allison Janney, Carson
Kressley, Alex Bornstein ("MAD tv," "Family Guy"),
Lipsynka, a special musical performance by Betty
Buckley, Wells Fargo and more!

WHAT: A night of outstanding musical and comedy performances
benefiting The Trevor Project and honoring Debra Messing
and Megan Mullally with The Trevor Life Award for their
example of acceptance and support of the Lesbian, Gay,
Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community. Wells Fargo
will be honored with The Trevor Hope Award for their
corporate support of the organization and the LGBT
community.

About The Trevor Project

The Trevor Project is a non-profit organization endeavor
established to promote tolerance for gay and questioning
teenagers, and to aid in suicide prevention among that
group. The organization runs The Trevor Helpline
(866-4-U-TREVOR), the only national toll-free, 24-hour,
365-day-a-year helpline for gay & questioning youth who
have suicidal thoughts and feeling.

Proceeds from "Cracked Xmas 7" benefit the organization
and helpline.

WHERE: The Wiltern LG
3790 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA

WHEN: Sunday, December 5th, 2004
3:00 PM

TICKETS: 310-271-8845 or visit www.TheTrevorProject.org
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...56&newsLang=en

Old 11/24/2004, 9:30 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Alex Borstein is so cool!! Does she tour??

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best

Last edited by Mo4ever; 03/15/2005 at 9:08 AM.
Old 11/24/2004, 9:48 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by mo4ever
Alex Borenstein is so cool!! Does she tour??
MADtv's Alex Borstein hit the road with her one-woman show. Best known for her character, Ms. Swan ("He look like a man"), Alex debuted her 90-minute show in Seattle and has since taken it to San Francisco, Denver, Aspen and Los Angeles with possible future dates in Chicago, New York and Vancouver. In her show Alex explores her childhood search for female role models on TV and, ultimately, trying to become one herself.
...keep an eye on her site: http://www.alexborstein.com/pages/1/index.htm

I wish I woulda' know when she first did her show in Seattle.

Old 01/23/2005, 7:25 PM
Where's My Money!?

I've made an Alex Banner, this one has a recurring character (Ms. Swan) and a celebrity impression (Rosie):

And here are some cool Alex Pictures I have:

Kenny Rogers CS2 CHAMPION: Want sumthin' done right, Gotta doooo it yourself!
Young People, be less picky about who you screw cause it all feels the same in the dark

Jasmine Wayne-Wayne: Je ne sais quoi = I am an Indian.
England?......Where's That? I miss the Money

WILL SASSO IS THE KING OF MADtv
Old 01/31/2005, 5:26 PM
Creature of the Night

I just saw Catwoman, and I must say that movie SUCKED. I did enjoy seeing Alex and I'm glad she's doing stuff and getting out there. She's defenitly my favorite castmember ever!

Anger and resentment can stop you in your tracks. That's what I know now. It needs nothing to burn but the air and the life that it swallows and smothers. It's real, though - the fury, even when it isn't. It can change you... turn you... mold you and shape you into something you're not. The only upside to anger, then... is the person you become. Hopefully someone that wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid to take the journey, someone that knows that the truth is, at best, a partially told story. That anger, like growth, comes in spurts and fits, and in its wake, leaves a new chance at acceptance, and the promise of calm. Then again, what do I know? I'm only a child.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 02/13/2005, 6:19 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Alex will be doing voices on Seth Green's new stop animation show Robot Chicken premiering February 20th (I think it is) at 11:30 (or 11:45 PM, not sure which) on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

I'm hyped about the show because Seth has gotten some big hot shot ceelbrities to do voices too! (Including the beautiful and talented Scarlett Johannson! )
Old 02/19/2005, 7:35 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: Alex Borstein

I love Alex, I think she was hillarious on MADtv. She could always make me laugh w/o fail, whether it be Ms. Swan, The Gap Troll, Will's Lil' Sis, Echo, or any of her gr8 "people" she does so well. I think that her size (height) made people love her characters so much b/c they were short, cute, & tolerable. I know that Bobby Lee's Bae-Sung is annoying everyone now, & I can understand why, it just gets annoying after a while w/ "Uh-Oh Hotdog" & "Holla" all the time. But w/ Ms. Swan, there's just this element that made her so lovable & popular from her first appearence Episode #303 to her last Episode #1013 (most likely to return for guest spots). Her other gr8 characters include: Mrs. Brightling, who knew Alex could be such a bitch, & be good at it, lol. And those Dot skits, Stephanie Weir is the star of those skits, but Alex did such a good job with Karen & made proof that she can be a "second-bananna" & still steal the show. Hope to see her guest star soon, & untill then, I love your stuff Alex Borstein.
Old 02/23/2005, 8:57 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 but Mo's great too... I'M SO CONFUSED!!!! I don't know who I like better... Mo or Alex ITS TOO MUCH!! my new fav is Brooke Totman... lol jk.

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
Old 02/24/2005, 3:23 PM
Creature of the Night

Quote:
ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1 ALEX IS #1
Got that right!

Anger and resentment can stop you in your tracks. That's what I know now. It needs nothing to burn but the air and the life that it swallows and smothers. It's real, though - the fury, even when it isn't. It can change you... turn you... mold you and shape you into something you're not. The only upside to anger, then... is the person you become. Hopefully someone that wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid to take the journey, someone that knows that the truth is, at best, a partially told story. That anger, like growth, comes in spurts and fits, and in its wake, leaves a new chance at acceptance, and the promise of calm. Then again, what do I know? I'm only a child.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 02/25/2005, 1:24 AM
JAVAN said so.

Quote:
Originally posted by MaDtv4eVer!

Got that right!
y'all ain't never lyin'

Old 03/27/2005, 5:23 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

What if someone e-mailed Alex and they talked like Piconjico (sp?)

LOL she would freak out

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
Old 03/27/2005, 5:57 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

I e-mailed Alex...she e-mailed me back!

Not recently though.

She replied back several months later. I was just happy to see that she actually replied

Quote:
What if someone e-mailed Alex and they talked like Piconjico (sp?)

LOL she would freak out
*spam*
Old 03/28/2005, 8:47 AM
Alex + Jackson= <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King
*spam*
LOL yeah

Her show is August 14

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
Old 03/28/2005, 9:10 AM
Creature of the Night

My friend and I e-mailed Alex and just talked about random stuff she replied too. It was funny.

Formaly MaDtv4eVer!
Old 04/06/2005, 8:03 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

her new site ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
Old 04/22/2005, 3:43 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

'Family Guy' voice shares show's secrets
Alex Borstein, the voice of Lois Griffin, spoke to a group of 50 on Wednesday.
By Patrick Skelly
Published: Friday, April 22, 2005
Article Tools: Page 1 of 2

Media Credit: Photo courtesy of
www.cartoonstew.com

At the beginning of the month, the Entertainment Industry Student Association brought "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane to campus for their Keynote Guest Speaker Series.

But on Wednesday, it was time for Alex Borstein, the voice of the show's Lois Griffin, to shine.

Held in Taper Hall of Humanities Room 201, the former "MadTV" star provided some hilarious Q-and-A responses, as well as some insight into the new season of "Family Guy," a bit of her background and some of her upcoming projects.

Discussing how she got the job working on "Family Guy" she said jokingly, "I slept with Seth ... he's very gentle."

She then told the real story of how she performed a recording for the voice of Lois Griffin and that MacFarlane really pushed for her to get the job, despite Fox trying out what she said was basically everyone else in the universe.

Borstein said she modeled the voice of Lois after a character that she was performing at the ACME Comedy Center. She described the character as Jewish with a red wig, glasses and very slow in speech. Fans of "Family Guy" can see signs of this character in the first season of "Family Guy" with Lois' slower speech, but it was eventually sped up in later seasons.

After explaining how she got the job, she talked about what it's like to work with the cast and crew of "Family Guy." "It's really fun ... grueling, but I'm surrounded by some of the funniest f---ing people," she said. She also mentioned how, as she's one of the only two female writers on the staff, it's "definitely a boy's world."

With a crowd of college students before her, there was one thing that everyone in the room wanted her to talk about: the upcoming season of "Family Guy."

"(The) greatest thing about having time off ... (is that) we could study the DVDs and find what's funny, what made us laugh," and incorporate that into the new season, she said.

She also revealed that there are some excellent cameos to look forward to, including former fellow "MadTV" cast members Nicole Sullivan, Phil LaMarr and Will Sasso, who will play the voice of Randy Newman.

Another guest star to look forward to is Carrie Fisher of "Star Wars" fame. Borstein said that when Fisher walked into the studio, all of the guys were slack-jawed and just stood there gawking at Princess Leia.

As far as story content goes, she said someone will be divorced and someone will be exploring sexuality. After hearing that latter part, a student in the audience coughed out "Stewie," the evil-genius baby of the Griffin family who has often been rumored of being gay. But Borstein said with a smile, "It could be Meg, it could be Meg."

Before voicing Lois and Asian reporter Trisha Takinawa on "Family Guy," Borstein played Ms. Swan, among other characters, on "MadTV."

Borstein began her career at 16 doing stand-up at the bottom of a Ramada Inn hotel, she said. She later went to a couple of schools, including San Francisco State University, and started taking improvisation classes at the ACME Comedy Center.

Some of her earliest jobs were writing for "Casper" (the animated series), "Histeria" and "Pinky and the Brain." She also pointed out how one of her earlier voice-acting jobs was as Queen Machina, one of the villains from the earlier seasons of "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers."

Besides the new season of "Family Guy," there are several things on the horizon to watch out for in regards to Borstein. For instance, next week marks the release of the CD "Family Guy: Live in Las Vegas," which features all-new, original material from MacFarlane sung by the entire cast of "Family Guy." In addition to the CD, there will also be a live tour to promote it, which involves the cast doing a live reading of an episode. The live tour has already had at least one show, during which Borstein was one of three people who were sober, she said.

With the success of the Internet over the years, Borstein hired someone to make a Web site in her name (www.alexborstein.com), which contains comic material cut from shows she's been on as well as original material. She said that she also hopes to make small movies and put them on the site, some of which would be original as well as scenes from "Family Guy" that didn't make it to the actual show.

She also has two movies coming out: "Goodnight, and Good Luck" and "Kicking & Screaming," with USC alumnus Will Ferrell, which comes out later this year.

http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/2005...7.shtml?page=2