Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > All About Us
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/04/2008, 4:20 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Question What are YOU most looking forward to in 2011?

In continuance with my never-ending quest to stir up more conversation, I just came up with this somewhat novel thread idea:

What are YOU most looking forward to in 2008?

Most of my responses will likely be software- or game-related, but feel free to respond with anything at all that will most likely occur or be released in 2008. Be sure to include a small blurb for each item detailing the reasons for your anticipation. Ready? And... GO!

Old 01/04/2008, 4:22 PM
Bender: still great

Starcraft II.

Oh, wait, that's going to be delayed...

Old 01/04/2008, 8:37 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The writers strike being over. That's all really...oh and moving again, I hate this place.
Old 01/05/2008, 3:59 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii. It's initial release was supposed to be Dec. 3rd but was pushed back 2 months, plus this game gives my life more meaning =D.

Old 01/05/2008, 7:37 PM
Administrator

American Idol 7: Christ, do I ever need something to watch during the strike! I'm going to be very, very disappointed if I don't spot the next Kelly, Carrie, or Kat during the first round of auditions. Let's not have another flop this season, boys!

Duke Nukem Forever: As the saying goes, eleventh year's a charm!

Firefox 3.0 & IE8: As uber-nerdy as anticipating browser releases may be, these hot tamales seem to have the goods. It'll be a grand day indeed when I can choose a browser based on its merits instead of being forced into the lesser of all other evils.

SED & OLED: So long, LCD & DLP -- this is the year display technology finally stops sucking. Toss in the upcoming Blu-ray release of Aliens vs. Predator vs. Reiko, and it looks like I'll be taking the HD plunge in 2008!

That new Metallica album: It's like watching a train wreck, and yet, no matter how this one turns out, you all know you're going to download it as well. Eleventh time's a charm!

Old 01/05/2008, 9:56 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Kelly, Carrie, and Kat? Pshaw, it's time for the next Sanjaya! Who's with me?

Fine!

(Actually, I think we've already found the next Sanjaya in a certain "BB" runner-up, but I digress. )

Well, in addition to "AI7" (andthenextTaylorHicksfuckallofyou ), I'm looking forward to the following:

New "MADtv" episodes: Of course, these will occur once the strike is over. Just try to deprive me of "Krumpin'" any longer!

What Nicole Sullivan will do next: Since I'm always being accused of bringing Nicole into every discussion anyway, why break the trend now? Even though the clock is ticking on her deadline to superstardom -- or has it passed already? -- I don't really care at this point. I'll settle for experiencing her in something besides cop dramas, cartoon voiceovers, TV poker (read "sure cure for insomnia"), and the same ol' reruns of "KoQ" and "MADtv." While a centerfold would be a viable option (even post-preggers is better than nothing ), I'll take what I can get entertainment-wise as long as it's none of the aforementioned. C'mon wit' it, Nicki-Poo!

Tiger Woods: Speaking of sure cures for insomnia....Yeah, yeah, you bastards would love for me to bash golf. Well, sit and spin, losers! Yes, I'll admit that by and large, watching golf on TV is about as interesting as watching grass grow (pun very much intended) -- that is, until Tiger comes to town. I would never have started watching this somnambulatory sport (game...whatever) if not for the greatest player ever to pick up a club. Frankly, I take secret delight in watching a person of color shatter all the records that tired, old, fashion-clueless, white guys before him set. That alone makes it fun for me...well, that and listening to the endless tirades of the Rory Sabbatinis, Sergio Garcias, and pretty-boy Phil Prickelsons [sic(k)] of the world as they boast, "Oh yeah, bring him on! I want to take Tiger down!" Well, words are one thing, gentlemen; actions are quite another bucket o' balls (again, pun very much intended, this time even more so ). In the meantime, I'll just sit back and enjoy watching Mr. Tee Dubya embarrass the whole lot of you week after week. And if he manages to become the first pro golfer ever to capture the season-long grand slam while you sad honkies continue to throw around empty boasts, then so much the better. Ah, good times!

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to social security and taking all of my natural teeth into the new year, even if I have to carry them in a glass. Cheers!

"We can dig it!"
Old 01/05/2008, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
New "MADtv" episodes: Of course, these will occur once the strike is over. Just try to deprive me of "Krumpin'" any longer!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh... Krumpin'!

Actually, I guess that's another one for my list -- seeing Crista in more of those delightful midriff-baring numbers we've come to associate with Krumpin'. Aww yeah!

Old 01/06/2008, 7:24 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Going home. It's been six month since I was last in New Zealand, and I miss it so much, especially because it is summer right now back there and the middle of winter here. I was planning to be back by May but I'm thinking I'll stay in Europe for the NH Summer and go back home in September instead, when we are entering our summer. Niiice.

Paris. I'm going in just over 2 weeks. Yippeeeee!

Quitting my job. I work in a 5 star hotel and it is absolutely horrendous. I would rather work at McDonalds.

Graduation. It's been almost a year since I finished University and I haven't even had a ceremony yet! Pshaw!

And finally... deciding what to do with the rest of my life. This is a doozy. Will I return to New Zealand and start all over? Leave my partner, and the so called life I have created for myself here and go back home not knowing whether I will be happy? Go back to school perhaps? Try to get into the Television Industry back in Auckland? Or wil I abandon my country of origin to continue my new life in Europe? Big questions....

Old 01/06/2008, 11:35 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

go the russell crowe route...throw phones at people.i think it'll be a roaring success for you.
Old 01/07/2008, 2:28 AM
Bender: still great

Or, for a third, potentially more viable alternative, move to America and act like a total prick to Americans. You can say stuff like "lose weight, fatass American" or "America can't build cars to save their asses" or perhaps even "Hillary Clinton for President."

Old 01/07/2008, 8:52 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I was there for 5 weeks earlier this year. MORE THAN ENOUGH THNX VERY MUCH.

Old 01/07/2008, 3:11 PM
Administrator

As of January 7th, you've already been there for five weeks during 2008? Color me impressed!

Old 01/07/2008, 5:56 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

lol..good times.

Things i am looking forward to in 2008.
*GTA 4..about friggen time
*Rock Band...i can't wait to go ape shit on those drums
*more lesbian good times in the new season of L word
*possible new record from little birdy,my fave band of all time
*southland tales,we get a direct to dvd release in march...i don't care if its been flamed,i wanna see it
*seeing heath ledger = the joker.i think he could pull it off
*america welcoming a new president..even though its a tad sad as making fun of george is fun..yet very very easy to do.
Old 01/16/2008, 4:07 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

New Track Season: It's my time to break new track records and hopefully get some sort of scholarship for my incredible speed. It's my last year running track in high school, and it's the only reason I decided not to graduate from high school early, because I could have. Plus I miss seeing all my track buddies and hanging out with them all kinds of late nights while having to furiously rush doing homework at 12am and waking up at 6am then going to practice on very little sleep. Mmm good times.

Graduation: 2008 is my final semester in high school. May 31st I. Am. Out. I'm ready to get out of this bitch and get drunk, stone, and raped in college. Yes, I am going to a party school.

New Car: I'm tired of asking people for rides everywhere. And I'm tired of hearing my mom complain everytime I want her to take me somewhere. I will finally get a car within the first quarter of this year. I'm soooo excited I think I'm gonna PISS MAHSELF!

Summer Break: I have big plans for summer break 2008! I'm going to the gay pride parade in Atlanta, GA again. That's always fun. And then I'm supposed to be recording a music album. Lol. Yes, I can sing. O_O But it's not on any major record company or anything, nor do I want to me a famous musician. It's just something my cousins and I are doing for fun.

My birthday: I'm turning 18 this year. I can legally go to the clubs now. I'm excited! I've been to teen clubs before, but you never get to take advantage of drunk bitches because they don't serve alcohol in teen clubs. But now it's time for date raping, and an increased chance of contracting an STD.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 01/16/2008, 4:26 PM
Totally F****able

if you dont know the answer to this by now........you need to just die

Kidding

Old 01/16/2008, 5:59 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
*america welcoming a new president..even though its a tad sad as making fun of george is fun..yet very very easy to do.
that actually occurs in 2009

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 01/16/2008, 9:42 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

What? i thought the election was in 2008???

And potty,boy..u gonna catch so many stds you'll be able to open your own store
STDMART?
STDS-R-US?
99c STDS??
The opportunities are limitless

ps i wanna hear u sing,send me a copy
Old 01/16/2008, 9:44 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
What? i thought the election was in 2008???

And potty,boy..u gonna catch so many stds you'll be able to open your own store
STDMART?
STDS-R-US?
99c STDS??
The opportunities are limitless

ps i wanna hear u sing,send me a copy
The election is in 2008, but the new president doesn't take office until January 2009.

Lol, if I get some kind of song recorded, I'll definitely put it on the internet. Somewhere.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 01/16/2008, 9:46 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

hmm ok...see i knew the voting happened this year,but i didn't know that the winner was sworn in,in 2009
Thanks for enlightening me
Old 01/22/2008, 7:34 PM
i'm an institution

Anyway.

Looking forward to...
- Turning 18 (fuck yeah, man)
- Getting my ass out of high school
- Getting my ass into college (well... sorta)
- Anyone getting voted to replace G Dubs (If Obama doesn't get the nom, I will cut off Hilary Clinton's cankles)
- It not being 2007

oh hey, this place is different