Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/13/2004, 11:11 AM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

Default Help me get Breaking Benjamin on MadTv....

Hey everyone. I need your help....if it will help. If you have read any of my posts or my profile, you would know that Breaking Benjamin is my favorite band and are from my hometown of Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. I have been supporting them since their beginning. I would love to see them perform on MadTV. If you can, please email MadTV on their website and request them to be on. I don't know if it will help, but I'm sure if they get alot of requests, that they will certainly consider it.
For those of you who haven't hear of Breaking Benjamin, go to their website www.breakingbenjamin.com or www.shallowbay.com to check out their music and perfomances. They have also perfomed on The Late Show With Craig Kilborn and Last Call With Carson Daily. They have toured with Deftones, Godsmack, 3 Doors Down, Saliva, Fuel, and many more. Please, help me request them to be on MadTV. They deserve every bit of success they can get and more. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I'VE GOT A LITTLE RED BOW / AND I BOUGHT IT FOR YOU / CUZ I KNOW YOU'RE NOT FAIR / I DON'T GET IT / OH WELL / AND YOU COLOR MY SKIN / AND THE COLORS DON'T BLEND / CUZ I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO / THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / CUZ I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / I'VE GOT A SOUTHERN BELLE, TOO / IN HER RUBY-RED SHOES / WITH A BODY OF STRAW / ARE YOU SICK OF IT ALL / THERE'S A MAN MADE OF TIN / WITH AN OIL-CAN GRIN / AND I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO /THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU / LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / CAN I STAND BY YOUR SIDE? / WE CAN MAKE IT ALRIGHT / CUZ I'M HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / THEN ANOTHER ARRIVED / IT'S A COWARDLY LION / WHAT I WANT FROM THIS WORLD / WHAT I WANT TO RESOLVE / WELL I WANT YOU TO STAY / SO I WASH YOU AWAY / I DON'T WANNA BE BOLD / I DON'T WANNA BE COLD / I DON'T WANNA GROW OLD / I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!

< Breaking Benjamin - "Home"

Old 04/13/2004, 1:15 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well I would like to wish this band good luck. However, I don't think MADtv is excepting many musical acts on the show anymore and usually they don't get newer unknown bands on...they usually try to get really big people to boost their ratings.

Old 04/13/2004, 1:33 PM
Totally F****able

Doesnt Hurt To Try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04/13/2004, 5:18 PM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

They're not that new or unknown. I mean, their debut cd "Saturate" was released in 2002 and it sold about 200,000 copies. And the fact that they have toured with big acts shows that they have a pretty big fanbase. They have a music video for "Hellboy" and if you've ever seen the movie "Wrong Turn" their song is on the end credits. They have a few songs for a video game "Run Like Hell". And appearanced on the talk shows I mentioned impressed me as well.

MadTv had some unkowns on.....Supergrass, OK GO and some others I can't think of at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to argue, I just want to see the best for the band. To see these people that are from the same hometown as me (and I even went to the same school of one of them), but to see them on a great show like MadTV would be amazing.

I'VE GOT A LITTLE RED BOW / AND I BOUGHT IT FOR YOU / CUZ I KNOW YOU'RE NOT FAIR / I DON'T GET IT / OH WELL / AND YOU COLOR MY SKIN / AND THE COLORS DON'T BLEND / CUZ I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO / THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / CUZ I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / I'VE GOT A SOUTHERN BELLE, TOO / IN HER RUBY-RED SHOES / WITH A BODY OF STRAW / ARE YOU SICK OF IT ALL / THERE'S A MAN MADE OF TIN / WITH AN OIL-CAN GRIN / AND I'M GONNA GET YOU / AND YOUR LITTLE DOG, TOO /THERE'S A YELLOW BRICK ROAD / THAT WE FOLLOW BACK HOME / AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T WAIT / YOUR BELLIGERENT HATE / THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU / LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / CAN I STAND BY YOUR SIDE? / WE CAN MAKE IT ALRIGHT / CUZ I'M HOME / THERE'S A LITTLE WHITE PORCH / AND YOU WANTED IT SO / CAN YOU LET ME GO DOWN / TO THE END OF THE ROAD? / IN THE BLACK AND THE WHITE / TECHNICOLORFUL LIFE / THEN ANOTHER ARRIVED / IT'S A COWARDLY LION / WHAT I WANT FROM THIS WORLD / WHAT I WANT TO RESOLVE / WELL I WANT YOU TO STAY / SO I WASH YOU AWAY / I DON'T WANNA BE BOLD / I DON'T WANNA BE COLD / I DON'T WANNA GROW OLD / I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!

Old 04/13/2004, 6:06 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

With all due respect, I think most people on this forum have decided that we don't really like musical guests on the show, unless they're popular. But don't let me discourage you, I was just informing thats all

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 04/13/2004, 7:07 PM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

Again, I don't mean to argue, but why don't you guys like musical guests. The only thing I can think of is that i the time that the musical guest performs, they can use it for a sketch. But I look foward to the musical guest famous or not. Especially when they appear in sketches themselves, for example when Sum 41 was on they appeared in a sketch. Again....I'm not arguing, I'm just curious.

Old 04/13/2004, 8:00 PM
Totally F****able

A lot of people don't like musical guests because they take away from "valuable" sketch time. Um...........and sometimes, it's just music guests from the same genre or its the same musical guests in sketches over and over again.........I mean some musical guests did good, and some just flat out sucked.

Old 04/13/2004, 8:35 PM
I'm Content With Losing

there hasnt been a lot of musical guests recently

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 04/14/2004, 3:03 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by madislove
there hasnt been a lot of musical guests recently
Which gives me reason to think the producers tdo stop by here

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 11/10/2004, 12:32 PM
A REALLY REALLY BIG FAN

I've noticed some more musical guests appearing in the new season.

For this reason, I wish to bring this thread back to life. I want to support my two favorite things at once....MadTV and Breaking Benjamin.

I believe with their success and if we email MadTV it can increase the possibility for them to perform on the show.