Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/03/2005, 5:42 PM
Susan Whitfield
Cast Member

Hey y'all!

Cartman: Did I have a problem with Nicole? No.
Do I have any recent pics of me and Mary? No.
Sorry!!

Elscorcho: Alex and I met at CSUN's dramsa school, Teenage Drama Workshop, when we were about 14, I think. Maybe 15. Then we were both at ACME comedy theater together. It's a small world.

My last name is pronounced "Artch".

Devin: If I could do a sketch w/ any current cast member? To be honest, I'm not sure about the cast now. I don't really know who's there! I feel so bad saying that, but I just don't watch really.

MadcityBadger: Mad TV immensley helped my career. It really gave me the boost I needed for people in the industry to start knowing who I was. I had done Seinfeld and a couple little things before, but MAD TV made a huge difference.

If I could do something different on MAD? Hmmm.... I would have been a little more patient. It takes a while to get integrated into a show like that and I think I was a little angry that it wasn't easier. I should have sat back and relaxed a little bit more, and just been happy to have a job instead of frustrated that I wasn't gettin in more sketches. Then I would have pushed Susan Whitfield more! But when I look back, I'm very happy with the work I did.

My comedic influences? Whoopi Goldberg was the biggest. I saw her one-woman show on HBO and knew instantly that I wanted to do sketch comedy. I also loved Tracey Ullman, Carol Burnett, George Carlin... and Phyllis Diller!

Trazpam: My favorite impression was probably Farrah Fawcett. I was asked if I could do her, and I just said, "Sure," even though I had never done it before. She was so much fun to do. Alanis was fun, too.

On Crank Yankers, there is very little planning because it depends on what the person on the phone is going to say! But, we do have some written lines that we try to use, and there are writers in the room frantically trying to get you to say things!!

Pool Girl: I always loved working with Phil and Debra. The last sketch I ever did was with Will Sasso. We were playing fiance's and every time I mentioned the wedding, he would pee. I think that was one of my most favorite sketches to shoot. And Carmen Electra was so sweet and great to work with in the sketch where she's getting married and I play her mom.

Thank you all for welcoming me and asking such great questions!!

Old 11/03/2005, 6:36 PM
Hardcore Fan

Thanks Lisa for answering my more recent questions.

Here's my latest question,

What was more fun doing,

Crank Yankers or Dinner And A Movie?
Old 11/04/2005, 9:00 PM

Hey Lisa. Heres one

What did most cast members do when they weren't on stage?
Old 11/05/2005, 1:38 AM
Sorry, I don't eat Cat!

Hi Lisa! Your so cool!

Do you sometimes act like Susan Whitfield in real life? Either accidently or on purpose? Do you still do the impression in front of your friends or whatever? I would kill to see that again.

Old 11/08/2005, 10:12 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

All right, some more questions from the I've-already-answered-that-one-a-gazillion-times-before files:

What were some of the "fun" jobs you had before becoming successful in the entertainment biz? (I intend for the quotes to indicate irony. )

If you hadn't become successful in the entertainment biz, then which other career or careers would you have liked to pursue?

When you're not busy with entertainment biz-related stuff, what do you like to do for fun? (Well, besides posting here, of course.)

What's the deal with my saying entertainment biz over and over? (O.K., I'll let you skip that one.)

Thanks, Lisa!

On a serious note, Lisa, I appreciate your sharing that info on how you came up with your Susan Whitfield character. I felt that way pretty much throughout my childhood, so I can more than relate.

"We can dig it!"
Old 11/10/2005, 12:21 PM
Susan Whitfield
Cast Member

Hey All!

Cartman: It's hard to answer your question because I had so much fun doing both! Crank Yankers was a blast because we recorded all the calls in Las Vegas. It wa such silly fun, and then I had a couple of days to chill and gamble! Plus, I never made crank calls as a kid, so this was my chance. Dinner and a Movie was great because it felt like being with family. Paul and I are really good friends and the whole crew was amazing. I just always loved being around everyone there. If I could always have jobs like CY or DAAM, my life would be amazing!!

Goodguy: When we weren't on stage, we were either in the makeup room, eating, or hanging out in our dressing rooms. Although there was a ton of activity, there was also a lot of down time. So, one of my favorite places to be was the makeup room, even if I wasn't getting made up! That's where all the good gossip goes down, and where people do the most yapping. It was hard to stay away from the kitchen where all the snacks were, but you couldn't eat all day! And we all had pretty nice dressing rooms with tv's and phones. So it was nice to hang in there, too. A lot of times I would hear Will playing guitar, and I'd open my door and there he was! He was always making up songs and having more fun than everyone else.

Vancome: Unfortunately I DO act like Susan by accident. I'm a valley girl, so sometimes I naturally talk like her (just not so sullenly). My friends talk like Susan a lot and then I can't help but do it. I love her, and I love talking like her. But sometimes it is by accident. Here's a little inside news: I'm writing something for Susan that I'm hoping to shoot soon!!

Mizz: I waited tables for a little over seven years. I worked at every freaking restaurant in the San Fernando Valley, starting with T.G.I. Friday's! And yes, "Office Space" was right on the mark with the "Flair" stuff. I always got in trouble for not having enough buttons on my shirt! I also worked in retail briefly and couldn't wait to get back to waiting tables.

Other careers? I'd like to be a chef. But that's sort of a recent development. I love cooking so much. I might have gone into the fitness/nutrition field, or done something with makeup. To be honest, it's hard to think about what else I would do because I've been doing this for so long! But, my gut reaction is something with cooking-maybe open a restaurant! (A healthy one!)

What do I do for fun (when I'm not doing "biz" stuff?) I just wanted to say "biz", too. Well, as I said above, I love to cook. I'm constantly trying new recipes and feeding my friends and family. I also bake a few breads a week: banana, pumpkin, date-nut...

I love hanging out with Russ and my dog. I love being with my friends, just chatting and eating, or watching tv. I see my parents as often as possible- we have a great time together. I try to go to Vegas at least once a year. I play poker, I go to the gym or work out at home at least 3 or 4 times a week. I really enjoy writing, whether it's in my blog, or just for me. And I watch FAR TOO MUCH reality TV.
Seriously. I'm obsessed.

Here's a quick note:

For anyone who lives in the Los Angeles area: January 12, 2006 I'm putting on a comedy show to raise money for the City of Hope- a cancer research center. It's at the Improv on Melrose and the line up of comics will be amazing. Tell anyone you know who might like to come. I'll give more details as I know them.

Thanks, everyone!!
Old 11/10/2005, 3:45 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

What are your favourite tv shows (reality and otherwise)?

Old 11/10/2005, 4:02 PM

How and Why did you, Chris, Alex, and Pat get moved up to full fledged cast members after just 9 episodes of being featured cast members?

Old 11/10/2005, 6:39 PM
Hardcore Fan

Thanks again for asking my last question Lisa, Now I have another question for you.

What was Carmen Electra's reaction when you did your Fiona Apple impression on episode #302?

I apologize to anyone who might have asked questiona already.
Old 11/11/2005, 10:48 AM

Welcome, Lisa! I'm a huge fan of your work. Anyway, here is my question: when you were on the show, did you feel as though that there was a particular castmember you had chemistry with? (as far as performing in the sketches).

XOXO,
Steph

BLACK POWER!
Stingray: Tight glutes, Midnight.
BABY GOT BACK!

Nicole Sullivan: Your mother's a whore.

"DON'T MAKE ME BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YO' ASS!"
--That's My White Mama
Old 11/11/2005, 10:52 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Welcome to the planet Lisa. If you havn't seen it, there's a poll here asking what impression of yours is liked the most. Fiona Apple is in the lead- 6 votes for 42.86%.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Arch
The other question was if I got along with the cast and if I have any back stage pics.

I got along with much of the cast very well. Alex Borstein and I have known each other since we were 15, so that was easy. Phil is one of the nicest guys on the planet, as is Will Sasso. I run into Mary sometimes, and it's always great to see her. She's so talented. And Debra Wilson is awesome. I see Mo Collins at auditions and around town. She came on after I left, so we never worked together, but I think she's incredible and hilarious. Here's a funny story: the first time I met Mo was at Alex's wedding. She came up to me and said, "Hi, I'm Mo. I think I have your dressing room now!"
Question: I see you didn't mention Aries at all. Didn't you gel with him too? Was there ever an instance where you thought to yourself, "Geez, what an a$$hole" and can you tell us about that?

Old 11/19/2005, 3:20 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Where'd you go Lisa? We miss you. Don't think we don't love you either. Come BAAAAACK lol

Old 11/21/2005, 12:42 AM
Susan Whitfield
Cast Member

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I promise I'll come back and answer questions after Thanksgiving. It's just a tad crazy right now but I haven't forgotten about you!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11/21/2005, 1:55 PM
Hardcore Fan

Thanks Lisa, Probaly you're getting ready for maybe a possible role on a TV show or movie at the moment.
Old 11/23/2005, 7:58 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Hope you have a happy thanksgiving Lisa. To see a whole thread dedicated to your birthday and is in it's 3rd year, please click here.

Old 11/30/2005, 7:52 PM
w00t!

When you were on the show, what was the pay like? (If you feel comfortable answering that )

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***
Old 12/03/2005, 2:41 AM
Susan Whitfield
Cast Member

Hi Guys!!

Okay, let's see if I can catch up a bit.

Dartanian: My favorite current TV shows are "My Name is Earl", "Survivor", "Lost", "Apprentice" (Trump only), "Biggest Loser", "Extras" and I can not wait for Sopranos to start again!

Goodguy: I'm not sure how or why we got moved up, except to say our contracts were sort of worded that they had to make a decision whether to keep us or not after the first 7 episodes.

Cartman: I don't think Carmen really had a reaction to Fiona. She was pretty nervous to perform live and I think she was just concentrating on her lines. She was so sweet and very professional. Remember when she grabs my head and pretends to punch me? She did that pretty hard!! It was hilarious. And I loved doing the "You got that from me" sketch with her.

You're so Crazy: I think I sort of answered this before, but I felt I had chemistry with Alex, Chris, Phil and mostly Will. I did my last sketch with him and had a freaking blast.

MysterE: Thanks for pointing out the poll. That's fun. And, Aries and I got along fine. We just didn't see each other much and seemed to rarely be there at the same time. Also, to be honest, if I thought anyone was an A-hole, I would probably keep that to myself!!

Thanks for the birthday thread, everyone!! That seriously rocks. It was very touching.

Deathcab: The pay was good. Especially because up until I got the show, I was waiting tables. (For seven years!!!!!) So, with out getting specific, it was like a huge jump and a big change in my life. It wasn't the kind of money people make on sit coms, but it was really good. I was able to pay off all my debt.

Thank you all! Hope your Thanksgiving was great and that you're having fun getting ready for Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza and everything else!!
Old 12/03/2005, 11:22 AM
Hardcore Fan

Thanks again Lisa for repling to my last question.

Here's my latest question.

What is your favorite MADtv sketch of all-time.
Old 12/03/2005, 5:33 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

On the topic of TV:

Who do you want to win the Apprentice? Who do you think will win?
I like Rebecca, but I think that Randol will take it all.

What about for Survivor?
I like most of the people that are still left. I think Rafe and Steph have a good chance of making it to the final two, or winning it all.

I'd ask you what you think of Lost, but there are way too many questions. I think it's one of the best shows out there.
Old 12/12/2005, 8:29 PM
Susan Whitfield
Cast Member

Hey Guys!!

Cartman- Hmmm... favorite Mad sketch? Any Kenny Rogers sketch made me laugh soooo hard! I also love the T-Shirt Barn sketch with Debra and Will. Debra was so sick that day, and she had that whole damn thing memorized and did it so brilliantly. Of my sketches, I really liked "You Got That From Me!"

Nick- Who do I want to win Apprentice? At this point, I think Rebecca's looking like the better candidate, but I was rooting for Randol this whole time. Now I think Rebecca is pretty worthy. I think they'll both get a job with him.

Ooops! Survivor's already over! Well, I guess I'm happy Danni won. I really wanted it to be Rafe, though. I love that guy.