Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/01/2008, 9:35 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Ron Pederson Timeline

In 2002, Ron Pederson was invited by famed comedian Joe Flaherty to do a show in LA comedy soap called The Soap Also Rises. In this soap he would work with another famed comedian Martin Short. After working with Ron, Martin saw something in him, and alerted the producers of MADtv. Within 2 days Ron auditioned, and got a role on the award winning sketch show. It was this role that would make Ron known in the entertainment world, and a fan favourite among the fans of MADtv. This timeline will chronicle the time Ron spent on MADtv, a time that was cut far too short. This is the Ron Pederson timeline.

2002: Ron gets a job on MADtv as a feature player.

November 2, 2002: Ron appears in his first episode. His first sketch would be called Senator Debate. Watch the sketch

September 20, 2003: Ron plays Clifford Busley in the 7AM Condo Report sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

November 26, 2003: Ron plays Grandpa Finkel in the Feuding Parents sketches for the first time.

December 13, 2003: Ron plays Carpender in the Abercrombie and Fitch sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

December 20, 2003: Ron plays Grandpa Finkel in the Feuding Parents sketches for the last time.

December 11, 2004: The first Roland Backison sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

December 18, 2004: Ron plays Carpender in the Abercrombie and Fitch sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch (sorry the beginning is cut off. The best I could find)

February 26, 2005: Ron plays Clifford Busley in the 7AM Condo Report sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 7, 2005: The last Roland Backison sketch is performed. Read the transcript

May 21, 2005: Ron appears in his last episode. Except for the closing, his last sketch would be called Your New Neighbour where he played the announcer. Read the season 10 closing transcript

2005: Ron has a contract dispute and due to it, his contract becomes void, and Ron leaves MADtv after only 3 seasons.

Life After MAD

Ron Pederson has decided to keep a low profile since leaving MADtv, sticking to doing mostly stage plays in his birth nation of Canada, but if Ron is in the LA area, a return to MADtv is not out of the question, as I am sure that he still knows people there, is still remembered fondly by his big fan group on the show, and I wouldn't mind seeing Roland Beckison trying to sell us another noisy useless alarm system, I mean I would but not if it's done by Ron.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 08/02/2008, 6:50 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Clay Aiken... Perfect.