Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/13/2008, 4:42 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Stephnie Weir Timeline

The 2000-2001 season of MADtv featured many things. It featured the last season for Nicole Sullivan, 5 extra episode used as holdovers, and new cast members. Some of these new cast members left early (Jeff Richards, and Dannah Feinglass), but 2 stayed. One of the 2 who stayed was a new person to the world of television, a young talent who rightly deserved her spot on the late night staple that was MADtv. That person was Stephnie Wier. With as many character creation ideas as hairstyles she had over the next 5 years, and the strange things that she could do like make half of her face fall asleep, she was a talent that could not be passed up. A person truly worthy of the title of MADtv cast member. She was as MAD (in a comedy sense) as the show’s title and used it to her advantage. In this timeline I will chronicle her 5 year decent into MADdness in a way it deserves. MADtv fans, this is the Stephnie Wier timeline.

2000: Stephnie gets hired to work on the sketch show MADtv

November 18, 2000: Stephnie appears in her first episode. Her first sketch is called Girly Time.

December 9, 2000: The first Mrs Leona Campbell sketch is performed, and the first Vera Magnus sketch is performed. Watch the Mrs. Leona Campbell sketch

February 3, 2001: The first Dot Goddard sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

April 24, 2001: Stephnie plays an unnamed woman of a married couple in the Lorraine Swanson sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

May 12, 2001: The first Doctor Kylie Johnson sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

Despite having a not so stellar first season by audience standards, she was brought back for season 7. She would quickly silence her critics after this season.

September 27, 2001: Stephnie plays Elizabeth "Liz" Allen in the Doug and Liz Allen sketches for the first time.

October 20, 2001: Stephnie plays Elizabeth "Liz" Allen in the Doug and Liz Allen sketches for the last time. Read the transcript

November 3, 2001: The first Angela Wright sketch is performed. Read the transcript

December 12, 2001: The first Drama Queen: Dorothy Lanier sketch is performed.

January 12, 2002: The first Lili Hubsher sketch is performed. Read the transcript

February 9, 2002: Stephnie plays Mackenzie Shaw in the Sorority Row sketches for the first time.

May 11, 2002: Stephnie appears as Rebecca Finkleberg: Zamula Kincaid in the Prehistoric Glamazon Huntresses, A.D. sketch for the first time, and as Dana Baldac in the Sony Neighbors sketch for the first time. Watch the Prehistoric Glamazon Huntresses, A.D. sketch

January 25, 2003: Stephnie plays Rebecca Finkleberg: Zamula Kincaid in the Prehistoric Glamazon Huntresses, A.D. sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

February 1, 2003: Stephnie plays Dana Baldac in the Sony Neighbor sketches for the last time.

April 12, 2003: The last Vera Magnus sketch is performed.

May 17, 2003: Stephnie appears as Wendy/Kelly Shank in the Feuding Parents sketch for the first time.

September 20, 2003: Stephnie appears as Muriel Westing for the first time. Watch the sketch

September 27, 2003: Stephnie appears as Kayla in the Sean the Floor Leader, and Kat in the QVC sketches first time. Watch the sketch

November 15, 2003: The last Lili Hubsher sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

December 13, 2003: Stephnie plays Gail Cinder in the Lillian Verner Game Show for the first time. Watch the sketch

December 20, 2003: Stephnie plays Wendy/Kelly Shank in the Feuding Parents sketch for the last time.

February 21, 2004: Stephnie appears as the unnamed married woman of the unnamed married couple in the Lorraine Swanson sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 15, 2004: Stephnie plays Mackenzie Shaw in the Sorority Row sketches for the last time.

Season 10 2004-2005: Due to episodes missed, and episodes not featured in, it is hard to know when Stephnie reached 100 episodes, but it is most likely around this season.

November 6, 2004: The first Sherry the Stripper sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

February 12, 2005: Stephnie plays Thelma Strom in the Handicap Helpers sketches for the first time.

March 19, 2005: Stephnie appears as Kat in the QVC sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

April 30, 2005: The last Sherry the Stripper sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

May 21, 2005: Stephnie plays Thelma Strom in the Handicap Helpers sketch for the last time.

2005: Stephnie had planned to leave at the end of the past season (season 10), but due to Fox executives wanting a sense of continuality after 4 cast members (Ron Pederson, Aries Spears, Paul Vogt, and Spencer Kayden) did not come back for season 11, the Fox executives were able to get back Stephnie for a total of 13 episodes in season 11.

September 17, 2005: The last Mrs. Leona Campbell sketch is performed.

September 24, 2005: Stephnie plays Muriel Westing for the last time. Watch the sketch

October 1, 2005: The last Angela Wright sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

November 5, 2005: The last Drama Queen: Dorothy Lanier sketch is performed.

November 11, 2005: The last Dot Goddard sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

December 10, 2005: Stephnie plays Gail Cinder in The Lillian Verner Game Show sketches for the last time.

December 17, 2005: Stephnie plays Kayla in the Sean the Floor Leader sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 6, 2006: The last Dr. Kylie Johnson is performed. This is also Stephnie's last recurring character, and last sketch. Watch the sketch

Life After MAD

Stephnie has been busy since leaving MADtv in 2006. She starred in the movie Moonpie in 2006 with fellow MADtv cast member Michael McDonald about two teachers who fall in love (sorry I can't tell you more but it is hard to find information on this movie in any way). She also had a role in the television series Big Day, which had a 12 episode run 2006-2007, before being cancelled by ABC. Stephnie is currently in-between projects right now, but with her talent and skills, this is sure to only be temporary for our favourite girl from Odessa Texas.
Stephnie has not made any appearances on MADtv since her departure, but a return appearance is probable, as I have seen many posts on here of people who are itching for another appearance of our favourite, able to make half of her face fall asleep, talented former MADtv cast member.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 07/17/2008 at 2:57 AM.

Old 07/13/2008, 4:48 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't know if this is just me, but I think all of you are getting tired of my timelines. I think you are all starting to think, oh tvman made another timeline bravo (sarcastically), doesn't he do anything else in his life?

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 07/13/2008, 4:52 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

No i am not i believe the MODs just create a sub form for these because these are good and should be in the history.
Old 07/13/2008, 8:07 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

These are great information for people, yeah? We should put 'em all together, under 'TIMELINES'.

Old 07/13/2008, 8:09 AM
Casual Fan

I think they're great! I always read them.
Old 07/13/2008, 4:04 PM
Obsessed!

I think they are awesome. Sorry I don't comment that much, but it's hard to get online here, I wont be home for another two weeks, so I can only comment every so often.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/16/2008, 6:26 AM
Casual Fan

what are you talking about? we love your timelines
keep 'em coming

i just saw stephnie weirs last dorothy lenier sketch and her angela wright/montel sketch yesterday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZU8-tjmQQE)!! she's so damn funny i really miss her... she was one of my favorites.