Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/24/2010, 9:44 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Why did God damn Survivor have to do a recap episode tonight! Everyone doesn't give a shit about the recap episode! Who cares if Americans are celebrating the day their people butchered the Indians, that should not effect the weekly episode run, but to mention last weeks episode, this was the first episode that I actually liked this season. Finally they are thinking with their brains (except for Sash. What an idiot. He sealed his fate). This was the first episode where I actually liked NaOnka (a little).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 11/11/2010, 1:18 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I'll help you restrain her.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 11/10/2010, 8:46 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Dear NaOnka,

If you win, I will personally hunt down and kill you.

Your pal,
blackwind

Old 10/07/2010, 3:48 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well, I am certainly glad Jimmy T. is gone, and I'm also happy that there is going to be a shift in the tribes next week. That might just be the helpful push that's needed to get rid of NaOnka.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/03/2010, 1:07 AM
Administrator

I'm rooting for the underdog, Kelly, and Alina by association, I guess. But I miss Heroes vs. Villains as well. It'll be tough to top that.

Old 10/03/2010, 12:33 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

NaOnka is by far one of the most irritating people the show has ever had. It seems she hates Kelly not for any reason but that she only has one leg.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 10/03/2010, 12:06 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

I don't like anyone in particular so far,I miss heroes vs villains

Old 09/23/2010, 2:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Are you gay?
Negative. I am, however, someone with eyes who just watched two episodes chalk full of dinner plate-sized nipples on a man. To me, that's funny.

Quote:
I will say though that I do like him better as a dumb guy then Coach.

Quote:
Which one is that one again.
She's the one with the faint purple streak in her hair; ergo, Purple Kelly. I guess they couldn't exactly call the other one Gimp Kelly, could they?

Quote:
But that's the thing. She doesn't really have a sizable pair of Shannon's.
In this case, sizable = of a size greater than zero.

Quote:
Just because you can wear a 2 piece doesn't mean your hot.
It doesn't, but you might be surprised how little bearing that has on your fellow man. Who said he had to look her in the face?

Quote:
I don't see how that will work.
Well, when a man loves a woman (or a man sees something freaky on Survivor and his pants get a little shorter)...

Old 09/23/2010, 1:29 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Shannon has some of the biggest breasts I've ever seen -- male *or* female!
Are you gay? Because I know you live in Toronto and there are a lot of gay people in Toronto.

Quote:
Fabio may be dumb, but at least he's entertaining dumb. Cut him some slack.
I can't. He's just too (sigh) dumb. I will say though that I do like him better as a dumb guy then Coach.

Quote:
"Purple Kelly". Ridiculous.
Which one is that one again. I have no idea who's who. Everyone either has a name that just sounds fucked up like Sash and Chase, or they have the same name as someone else like Jimmy, or Kelly.

Quote:
It's official -- the sassy black woman is the single most obnoxious personality archetype of all-time.
Agreed. Did you see her at tribal. I actually think I saw her move her head when she was talking in the same way someone would say "Oh no you didn't".

Quote:
A woman doesn't need to be attractive to seduce a man -- she just needs a sizable pair of Shannon's.
But that's the thing. She doesn't really have a sizable pair of Shannon's. She's not that hot. Just because you can wear a 2 piece doesn't mean your hot.

Quote:
"I really trust her" = "I really want to pee in her butt".
You clearly need to join our talks in the sexuality thread. Your missing a lot bw. Clearly you have some sick sexual fetishes.

Quote:
I'd gladly let the girl with one leg borrow my third one. As I see it, that's only fair.
I don't see how that will work.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/22/2010, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Shannon has some of the biggest breasts I've ever seen -- male *or* female!

Fabio may be dumb, but at least he's entertaining dumb. Cut him some slack.

"Purple Kelly". Ridiculous.

It's official -- the sassy black woman is the single most obnoxious personality archetype of all-time.

A woman doesn't need to be attractive to seduce a man -- she just needs a sizable pair of Shannons.

"I really trust her" = "I really want to pee in her butt".

I'd gladly let the girl with one leg borrow my third one. As I see it, that's only fair.

Old 09/22/2010, 10:16 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Alright so the second episode is done and I have realized a few things.

I felt that the last few seasons of Survivor had shown the truly moronic players ever to play the game. Not anymore. They might as well call this Mentally Challenged Survivor (I would say Retarded Survivor, but we have to be PC).

Holly is mentally unstable. You don't do something like she did and then admit it.

NaOnka (that's how her name is spelled in the credits) is fulfilling the stereotype that every year of Survivor now has to have that black woman from the projects/inner cities who talks with attitude.

Sash is a racist and a dumb ass. "I want to bring as many minorities to the finals". Yeah, you don't need brains, you just need to not be white.

Is Brenda really that hot as she thinks to play the seductress.

Jimmy Johnson may last longer then I originally thought. After all he is one of the few people on now who is actually intelligent.

Fabio isn't just dumb, he's certifiably retarded and shouldn't have even got on this show for that reason.

Shannon was a homophobe, and like the others, was also pretty dumb. "I have 11 years of marriage so I should have been on the old team because of that".

Wendy was dumb.

Jimmy T is dumb.

Oh there all pretty dumb. Except for some like Tyrone, who actually looks pretty smart and funny.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/17/2010, 3:16 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Outplay, outwit, outlast. I rest my case.
I don't think outplay should be in the motto anymore. Outplay is actually a terrible thing to do in Survivor because it makes you look like a threat. I mean look at all the more recent Survivor winners. None of them were really great in challenges.

Quote:
There's an argument to be made for Parv, but Sandra? That's even more of a farce than Natalie. Stumbling ass-backwards into the final three doesn't entitle one to a million dollars.

[Or, at least, it shouldn't.]
I really don't like it when people put down the coattails role. Playing coattails is not only a good stategy, but as so many people have proved, it's a winning strategy. Just because it's not the most respectable play and it doesn't involve you controlling the game and being an ass to people, doesn't mean it's a bad stategy. Maybe it's not outwit outplay outlast anymore. Maybe it's just whoever can hold on the longest.

Russell believes he's the soul survivor because he outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted everyone, but maybe that style of play is dead now. Maybe the new generations of Survivor will be defined by the coattaillers. I'm not saying a person who plays a strategy, and a person who makes good alliances can't win sometimes, if they play a good game and don't piss anyone off, but as of now in my eyes, the coattails role is a good strategy, and should not be mocked simply because you're not trying to gun after people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Sandra played the hand she was dealt very well.
Agreed. Sandra knew she wasn't going to win any challenges, and that she wasn't very strong, so she took the role that she was given, and played it to it's strength better than anyone has probably ever played to their strength.

Quote:
the burning of the hat was beyond awesome. Apparently he refused to leave for tribal council until it was returned, and I'm sure it would have affected his jury performance.
Probably one of the best moments in Survivor history! This is total karma for Russell's burning of people stuff and hiding things to cause caos in the past two seasons. To see him wondering where his hat was like everyone else had wondered where things had gone when he hid them was total karma. I also agree that he was probably frazzled a little bit.

Quote:
The problem with Russell is that his strategy is so aggressive and short sighted that by the time he gets to the final 3, he's burned all of his bridges beyond the point where anyone could look past his betrayals to vote for him as the 'best player'. A number of deceitful, sneaky, backstabbing players have won in the past. Hatch, Brian Heidik, Todd, even JT and Parvati in their previous seasons. They controlled every single vote, and entered the final 3 or 2 with players that did significantly less betraying, and still managed to win over the jury.

He, along with Parvati (who has evolved into an amazing player over the years, one of the best in my opinion) made a number of fantastic moves, but he made so many beyond stupid moves -- it was all over for him when he unnecessarily cut Danielle, the only person he really had a chance of getting a single vote against in a final tribal council, out for no reason. Voting Jerri out was another stupid move, he was bound to lose whether she was there or not, but had he taken Parvati and Jerri to the final 3 he would have at least looked loyal in the eyes of the jury, possibly garnering a couple of votes. He was wildly paranoid, egotistical and delusional.
Russell to me is the face of everything that is bad with not only Survivor, but any kind of organized game. He doesn't understand that his style of play will never advance into the long term, and even when he saw the title slipping away in the final tribal, he should have made at least a half assed attemped to appologise for his play and tought of some way to get them on his side, not saying I was proud for how I played, and your all a bunch of bitches.

Russell's final hurrah of just doucheness came in the reunion show when Sandra won, and instead of congradulating her and admitting that maybe he needs to work on his personal game he just says that the game is flawed. That's like a cannible going to trial for eating 19 people, with all the evidence against him, losing the case obviously, and standing up and saying "this is outragious. The jury is bias. I demand a jury made up of cannibles". Just because you think that you should win because you did all the important things to win doesn't mean you should.

Russell is just a sour loser and would rather hate the game then the playa. I'm glad we won't be seeing him for a while, because I've really gotten tired of his holyer than thou additude and his piss off the lot additude and hope that they respect me enough to vote for me.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/17/2010, 7:35 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:

There's an argument to be made for Parv, but Sandra? That's even more of a farce than Natalie. Stumbling ass-backwards into the final three doesn't entitle one to a million dollars.

Yet, she managed to do it twice. EPIC.

Say what you want about Sandra, but he strategy was legitimate. Oddly enough, she did the exact same thing in both of her seasons, with the same result -- aligned with the strongest physical player of her tribe (Rupert, Rob/Tyson) all the while having a tighter bond with someone as weak, or weaker then her (but just as socially adequate in Christa/Courtney) with the intent to ride their alliance to the end and cut the power player off at the knees at the right opportunity. Both times, her alliance succumbed to another alliance with an advantage beyond their control (outcast twist in S7, idols in S20), so from that point on, she freely aligned herself with whomever she thought would give her the best shot at surviving beyond the next 3 days. Had Tyson not gone home when he did, Sandra/Rob/Courtney/Jerri/Coach/Tyson all would have likely made the merge. With Rob still in the tribe, the villains would have definitely won at LEAST one more immunity challenge and Sandra would have easily ended up in the final 3. Sandra played the hand she was dealt very well. She made some silly moves, such as the 'i'm against you Russell' comments and failing to realise that no jury would ever reward Russell for his gameplay, thus capitalizing on his arrogance, but... the burning of the hat was beyond awesome. Apparently he refused to leave for tribal council until it was returned, and I'm sure it would have affected his jury performance.

The problem with Russell is that his strategy is so aggressive and short sighted that by the time he gets to the final 3, he's burned all of his bridges beyond the point where anyone could look past his betrayals to vote for him as the 'best player'. A number of deceitful, sneaky, backstabbing players have won in the past. Hatch, Brian Heidik, Todd, even JT and Parvati in their previous seasons. They controlled every single vote, and entered the final 3 or 2 with players that did significantly less betraying, and still managed to win over the jury.

He, along with Parvati (who has evolved into an amazing player over the years, one of the best in my opinion) made a number of fantastic moves, but he made so many beyond stupid moves -- it was all over for him when he unnecessarily cut Danielle, the only person he really had a chance of getting a single vote against in a final tribal council, out for no reason. Voting Jerri out was another stupid move, he was bound to lose whether she was there or not, but had he taken Parvati and Jerri to the final 3 he would have at least looked loyal in the eyes of the jury, possibly garnering a couple of votes. He was wildly paranoid, egotistical and delusional.

Last edited by Dartanian; 05/17/2010 at 8:16 AM.

Old 05/17/2010, 12:58 AM
Administrator

Old 05/16/2010, 11:16 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

bw, If you want to defend Russell here, and how he should have won, I'll let you have first word and I'll probably counter comment tomorrow. I just don't have the energy or desire to argue my point if you or Dart don't want to engage me in it.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/01/2010, 2:03 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Become a U.S citizen?! I'm having enough trouble becomming a Canadian citizen, and I was born here!

The easier thing to do would be if Global could do a friggin Survivor: Canadian Edition already. I don't know why they haven't done that yet. They would get so many people auditioning, and probably a lot of viewers, and they don't even have to leave the country, they could just put them on an uninhabited island in BC, or in Northern Ontario or Northern Quebec in the summer. They probably haven't done it because CanWest is too busy taking our money to keep themselves afloat. Canadian Television, one of the only things about this country that I absolutely hate. Screw the oil sands, this is the true crime.

P.S. I doubt if I did get on the show that that would happen again anywhere close to this way. I mean this was 3 people in a room, and not the whole tribe, with a clue crutial to the game. Also, seeing these idols, I always had a plan that if someone I was not in an alliance with found an idol or clue, and I could get it or take them down, I would do it, and if I knew that they would come after me, I would try to read the clue and destroy it, or destroy the idol somehow so no one could use it in the game again. I've had this plan since last season.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 05/01/2010, 1:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
When it comes to an idol clue, Hell yeah I would fight against peer pressure. This isn't fuckin high school.
I would bet serious, serious money against that. But there's only one way to find out -- become a U.S. citizen and apply for next season. I dare you!

Old 04/30/2010, 2:21 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Sandra clearly realized she wasn't getting through to Candice, so either way, her plan was a lost cause. Had she voted with the Heroes, she would've been the next to go; as is, she might last long enough to make another play. Writing down Amanda's name was the best move she could've made tonight.
Yeah, when I thought about it more, this was a good plan.

Quote:
Eventually, all this idol secrecy will catch up with the Villains. It's a good thing Russell has Candice in his pocket now. That could make or break him when Parv and Danielle inevitably go rogue.
I'm surprised Russell isn't worried that once he gets rid of the Heroes, he might be in trouble because everyone will go with Pav. I mean, she will already have Daniele, Sandra, and possibly Jerri because she saved her. I don't know why he wouldn't be worried about that because though he's now in the dominate alliance, he's on the outs in the inner alliance.

Quote:
As for the clue, you would've done the same thing as Amanda. It might've seemed dumb from an outsider's perspective, but few have what it takes to stand up to peer pressure. Fortunately for Danielle, she's no pushover, and that's a great quality to have when you're on Survivor.
When it comes to an idol clue, Hell yeah I would fight against peer pressure. This isn't fuckin high school. She had the clue in her pocket (which I don't know why she didn't just run out of the room with it if she had it), and Colby was the only peer. And my frame of mind would have been at least, "fine if I can't have it, no one will". And that's where the toilet thing comes in. Also, I would have done the same thing as Daniele if I was in her position. When someone's trying to take your clue of course your going to fight back.

I will also say that it was incredibly stupid for Daniele to trust Russell with the clue. Again, a game full of idiots. We can only hope that the next season will contain new contestants with some actually game playing ability, and a friggin brain in their heads!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/30/2010, 1:21 AM
Administrator

Sandra clearly realized she wasn't getting through to Candice, so either way, her plan was a lost cause. Had she voted with the Heroes, she would've been the next to go; as is, she might last long enough to make another play. Writing down Amanda's name was the best move she could've made tonight.

Eventually, all this idol secrecy will catch up with the Villains. It's a good thing Russell has Candice in his pocket now. That could make or break him when Parv and Danielle inevitably go rogue.

As for the clue, you would've done the same thing as Amanda. It might've seemed dumb from an outsider's perspective, but few have what it takes to stand up to peer pressure. Fortunately for Danielle, she's no pushover, and that's a great quality to have when you're on Survivor.

Old 04/29/2010, 9:28 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I fucking knew that was going to happen. What I'm wondering though is why Sandra voted for Amanda! What the fuck! Why would she do that?! As far as I'm concerned now, Russell can have the title of soul Survivor, because now all it means is congradulations, you beat a bunch of idiots!

Once Russell found the idol, I should have just fast forwarded to the end, because I think we all knew what was going to happen. They can give any preview they want in any way, but we know what's going to happen now (or at least for the next 4 episodes).

To close, Colby is dumb, he should have asked for the clue as an impartial, ran into the bathroom, read the clue and flushed it down the toilet. But then again Amanda was dumb to let go. Oh, what am I saying, all the Heroes are likable but dumb.

Rise from the Dead!