Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/28/2008, 9:49 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Aries Spears Timeline

Season 3 of MADtv had a lot of changes. Many of the previous cast members the season before were gone, a slightly different format, and new cast members. One of those new cast members was Aries Spears. A person dripping with so much talent that he was able to bypass feature status, and move up to repertory. MADtv would find out later that this was not a mistake, as Aries would prove to everyone that he belonged. Lasting 8 seasons on the show he would become the longest serving cast member in seasons and in episodes. This timeline will detail Aries career on MADtv, and how he made it his home, and do the things some of the other cast members wouldn't dare to do for 8 great years. Ladies and gentlemen, the Aries Spears Timeline.

1997: Aries is hired to MADtv for season 3 as a repertory cast member.

September 20, 1997: Aries appears in his first episode. He is first scene in the opening, and his first real sketch was Cholestra.

October 25, 1997: Aries plays Mr. Daichai in the Talkin' American sketches for the first time.

December 13, 1997: Aries appears as El Diablo Negro in the Mexican Wrestlers Federation sketches for the first time.

December 5, 1998: Aries plays Reggie in the Erascists sketches for the first time.

December 12, 1998: Aries appears as Mr. Daichai in the Talkin' American sketches for the last time.

January 16, 1999: Aries plays Jameel in the Will's Little Sister sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

February 27, 1999: The first Son of Dolemite sketch is performed. Read the transcript

May 1, 1999: Aries plays Reggie in the Erascists sketches for the last time.

November 13, 1999: Aries plays Belma Eugene Buttons in the Reality Check sketches for the first time. Read the transcript

February 19, 2000: Aries appears as Brightling Greetings Employee in the Brightlings sketches for the first time.

April 29, 2000: Aries appears El Diablo Negro in the Mexican Wrestlers Federation for the last time.

Season 6 2000-2001: Due to episodes missed, it is hard to determine when Aries reached 100 episodes, but it was most likely around this time.

October 7, 2000: Aries plays Jameel in the Will's Little Sister sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch (sorry for the video quality, this was the best I could find)

December 9, 2000: Aries appears as Mr. New Orleans Man in the Loopgarue and Hulahoop sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

December 16, 2000: The last Son of Dolemite sketch is performed.

January 20, 2001: Aries appears as Walter C. Hemphill in the Crackheads sketches for the first time, and appears as Mr. New Orleans Man in the Loopgarue and Hulahoop sketches for the last time. Watch the Loopgarue and Hulahoop sketch (there's a little bit of extra stuff after that, but the whole sketch is in there)

February 10, 2001: Aries appears as Brightling Greetings Employee in the Brightling sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

December 8, 2001: Aries plays Dollar Bill Montgomery in the Real *********ing Talk for the first time.

April 13, 2002: Aries appears as Walter C. Hemphill in the Crackhead sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

Season 8 2002-2003: Will Sasso, and Alex Borstein leave after season 7, making Aries the longest serving cast member of his season 3 entry group.

Season 9 2003-2004: Debra Wilson leaves after season 8, making Aries the longest serving cast member still on MADtv.

December 6, 2003: The first Emcee Esher sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

February 7, 2004: Aries plays Roger Thornhill: Blacula in the Funkenstein sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

November 27, 2004: Aries plays Roger Thornhill: Blacula in the Funkenstein sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

February 12, 2005: Aries appears as Belma Eugene Buttons in the Reality Check sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

May 7, 2005: Aries plays Dollar Bill Mongomery in the Real *********ing Talk sketches for the last time. Aries also surpasses Debra Wilson to become MADtv's longest serving cast member in episodes. This record would be broken by Michael McDonald the next season. He would end tied with her in regards to season totals. Watch the sketch

May 14, 2005: The last Emcee Esher sketch is performed, and Aries plays Bobby Brown in a sketch called Whitney and Bobby Return. This would be Aries's last recurring character, and last impersonation done on MADtv. Watch the sketch

May 21, 2005: Aries appears in his last episode of MADtv. He would close out the season. His last sketch would be called Your New Neighbour. Read the transcript for the season 10 closing

Unknown Date: The first Mother Love sketch is performed.

Unknown Date: The last Mother Love sketch is performed.

Unknown Date: The first Harvey Lachien sketch is performed.

Unknown Date: The last Harvey Lachien sketch is performed.

Life After MAD

The most likely reason why Aries left MAD probably isn't due to the fact that he may have been board with the show, but more due to the fact that he didn't feel the same connection with the new cast members as he did with the older ones that had left years prior. Why this is most likely is because after MADtv, Aries simply went from one sketch show to another, and got a repertory cast member role on the new sketch comedy show The Underground on the Showtime Network where he has spent much of his time on.
Aries has not made any guest returns since leaving MADtv but there is still a big chance that he will, as it is clear that he still loves to do sketch comedy and he is only 2 episodes away from 200 episodes, so we will have to see in the future weather Aries may be willing to return to the show that started his love for sketch comedy.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 07/28/2008, 10:26 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well, I have no other timelines I can do right now. I have done all the over 5 year ones I can do. I will now be taking suggestions for timelines. If you have a timeline that you want me to do for a certain cast members just post it in one of the timelines and I will do it. So if you want to see more timeline than I want to see suggestions people!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/28/2008, 10:28 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

You done just about every one..

and i do not know anyone else..lol and you did Mo Collins right?
Old 07/28/2008, 10:30 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
You done just about every one..

and i do not know anyone else..lol and you did Mo Collins right?
Yes I did do Mo Collins. Here's the link to it.
https://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9658

Come on I really want to do more of these but I only want to take requests now. Please guys!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/28/2008, 10:44 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Of all the cast members you haven't covered yet would merit a timeline, I would suggest Pat Kilbane. Although he's probably better known for his impressions, he did have a fair number of recurring characters. (There are eight listed in his cast profile.) Besides, he deserves the honor. <-- See? This guy agrees.

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/28/2008, 10:46 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Another well done timeline, TVMAN! How about a Nicole Parker timeline? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that one has been made yet.

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 07/28/2008, 11:01 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_stuartlarkin_ View Post
Another well done timeline, TVMAN! How about a Nicole Parker timeline? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that one has been made yet.

~Fatima~

I only do ones for cast members who have left the show. When she leaves half way through this coming season then I will do one for her.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/28/2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I only do ones for cast members who have left the show. When she leaves half way through this coming season then I will do one for her.
Oh, my bad!

Thanks for the other wonderful timelines, btw!

~Fatima~

Old 07/28/2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
<-- See? This guy agrees.
LOL! Too funny, mizzi!

~Fatima~