Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/08/2008, 6:59 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post The Daniele Gaither Timeline

After 8 years on MADtv Debra WilsonDebra Wilson, an original cast member, and so far the only black woman cast member MADtv had ever had, left after the 8th season. With her gone, MADtv needed to find another black woman to keep the black woman power sketch alive on the show. This is when Daniele Gaither stepped in. Daniele Gaither at the time was most likely the best sketch comedy performer not to have a job yet at a major sketch show. After graduating from the comedy troupe the Groundlings with some of the highest marks ever, and with teaching by Michael McDonald (before his MADtv days), she was an undiscovered talent. After leaving the Grounlings, Daniele got a job on 2 different sketch show (Hype and the Rerun Show), both of which were cancelled. It was looking like Daniele may never be able to break through in the sketch comedy world, but that's when MADtv (probably with help from Michael McDonald) came calling. Well, I don't want to tell the timeline story through here, so I will just move on to the timeline, so ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you, the Daniele Gaither timeline.

September 28, 1996: Daniele's MADtv experience began even before she was signed on as a cast member, as she was in a sketch in the 2nd season of the show entitled Dolemite Debate.

2003: Daniele gets hired as a feature player on MADtv for season 9.

September 13, 2003: Daniele's first episode on MADtv. Her first sketch would be entitled Andy Dick Attacks "Frostbite" the MADtv Penguin Mascot.

September 20, 2003: Daniele plays Jelly Mae Jackson in the 7AM Condo Report sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

May 13, 2004: Daniele plays Loretta in the Taco Hell sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

2004: After being featured more in season 9 than any of her other feature players, Daniele is hired on, and get's moved up to repertory status.

January 8, 2005: The first Yvoone Criddle sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

February 16, 2005: Daniele appears as Shatrice in the B.S sketches for the first time, and plays Jelly Mae Jackson for the last time. Watch the 7AM Condo Report sketch

April 9, 2005: Daniele appears as Loretta in the Taco Hell sketches for the last time.

May 14, 2005: Daniele appears as Shatrice in the B.S sketches for the last time. Watch the sketch

November 5, 2005: Daniele appears as Mrs. Conkling in the Holly Meadow Estate Crime Watch Meetings sketches for the first time. Watch the sketch

November 19, 2005: Daniele appears as Mrs. Conkling in the Holly Meadow Estate Crime Watch Meetings. Watch the sketch

April 8, 2006: The last Yvoone Criddle sketch is performed. Watch the sketch

May 20, 2006: Daniele appears in her last episode of MADtv (she is last scene in the closing).

2006: Daniele gets let go by MADtv executives, ending her run on MADtv.

Life After MAD

After not finding any success on 3 different sketch shows, Daniele may have given up on the sketch comedy world, to focus on other comedy acting. She is currently working on a movie with Rob Roy, and appears on the show Reno 911. A future appearance on MADtv is possible, but unlikely. I wouldn't mind seeing her again though. It is a real shame that she had to leave so soon, because with all the allocates that she got from the Groundlings, and being taught by Michael Mcdonald himself, you would have expected her to be on the show for the whole 5 years, maybe even have a Michael McDonald type run, but that was not in the cards. Let's hope to see her again on television soon, as talent like hers should not just go down the drain.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 07/08/2008 at 10:49 PM.

Old 07/13/2008, 3:27 PM
Obsessed!

I loved Danielle Gaither. I was so mad they let her go. I loved the Nanny sketch, her final sketch ever, with her and Nicole RJ, those two were great together. I was so mad they let her go, she always made me laugh. She stole the Taco Hell sketches, Yvonne Criddle was amazing, I wanted to see more of her, and she just had a great presence on the show. I hope they have her back as a guest star, but I doubt they would, since they let her go. Her and Paul Vogt are two people I would love to see back on the show as guest stars that were let go during their prime.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/13/2008, 4:18 PM
Obsessed!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6rgmBcWdQ

there is her final sketch ever on Mad Tv....

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/21/2008, 1:38 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

These timelines are great! My sister and I are HUGE fans of Yvoone Criddle (Yes, yo honor, but those leaves was ALL OVER! )!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!