Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/11/2006, 5:15 PM
Right-wing rocker

Default Artie Lange - stalker?

Ok so don't take this as complete fact because I read this on IMDb.com...but someone said that on the Howard Stern Radio Show in June, Artie Lange admitted to sort of stalking Nicole Sullivan. Apparently, when they were both cast members on Mad, Artie would show up at Nicole's house at 4 am asking to do coke off her CDs. It got so bad that she had to move away so he wouldn't know where to find her.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )

Old 07/11/2006, 5:31 PM
Hardcore Fan

I hope that is a joke that Artie pulled off but if it isn't, Artie is one sick individual
Old 07/11/2006, 5:55 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The website Marks Friggin does daily recaps/write ups of every show Howard has done, so I did a search over there and found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksFriggin
Christa Miller Speaks For Mandy Moore. 06/12/06. 8:20am

Howard got sidetracked again and told a story about how Artie was friends with Nicole Sullivan from MAD TV and she and Christa lived in the same building so he would see the two of them there. Artie was kind of stalking her and would show up at her place at all hours of the night. Nicole actually moved from her apartment to get away from Artie. Artie said that he would do coke over at her place off of her CDs and stuff. He never came on to Nicole or anything like that.

Christa said that Artie as so sweet and she was apologizing to him for being such a bitch back then but she had to work. Artie said that Christa would have to let him into the house because she and Nicole were sharing the house. That's why she'd get so pissed at him. Artie said he once went over there and found a bottle of Jack and did cocaine and Jack all night. He ended up at the hospital and was told he should be dead because his heart rate was so high.

Howard was amazed that they learn something new about Artie every day on the show. Artie talked more about how he went over to Nicole's place that one day because he figured he could ride into work with Nicole since they had to do a sketch together.

Artie told another story about driving to work while he was drunk. Nicole was following him and called in to work telling them to have the cops there to take him to rehab. He said that it was like an ambush there that day. They had cops and agents there ready to get him. Artie ended up bolting and hopped some fences to get away from them. Then he went to a grocery store where they caught him. Christa thought he was naked there at the store but Artie said he had fallen into a pool while running from those people and did have to strip down a little.

Christa said that Jennifer Aniston lived next door to her when she was living with Nicole out there. Artie said he didn't know ''Friends'' at the time and didn't really know who Jennifer Aniston was so he didn't care if he woke anyone up.

Howard said he kind of yelled at Orlando Jones back around the time when he had his intervention and hasn't spoken to him since then. As he was talking about it he was getting choked up and almost tear'd up. He was saying that those people who did the intervention saved his life. He said that Nicole even apologized to him for calling the cops but she probably saved his life.

Artie said he never missed a line even when he was wasted on coke back then when he was on MAD TV. He said the only thing that made him enjoy life was doing those sketches on the show. He said that he was very lucky to have gotten the job on the show because they had 5000 people audition for it and they only picked 8 out of that 5000.

Christa says that Artie still apologizes to her to this day whenever he sees her. Artie hasn't seen her lately but the last time he did, he apologized profusely for what he had done. Howard said he doesn't know that Artie because he's never been like that around them. Howard said he could see the tears in Artie's eyes and wanted him to break down crying for the show. Artie said he does get choked up but he's not going to go there.

Artie said that his sister left her job at Polo to come out to Los Angeles to help get him out of jail. He said he was able to make 3 calls the day he was arrested. He called his answering machine and got a message from Cameron Crowe who let him know that his scene from ''Jerry Maguire'' had been cut and maybe they could work together again some day. Howard tried to get Artie to cry by bringing up that picture of his father that they were checking out earlier. Christa also said that she was the one who probably helped get the ball rolling with Nicole because she told her how out control Artie was that day.
I did some trimming so that only the good MADtv/Nicole stalking stuff is in there.
Old 07/11/2006, 7:05 PM
Right-wing rocker

Wow...sounds like Nicole is a very patient, caring person. And she pretty much saved Artie's life...I"m glad he is at least grateful instead of bitter. But that had to be annoying, him showing up at her place all the time.

And for the record, I would't care about waking Jennifer Aniston up either!

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 07/11/2006, 7:55 PM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

I wouldn't be surprised if Artie was stalking Nicole. Not to be rude or anything, but he always came across as an asshole to me. I heard he took a swing at a cop while he was being chased during his cocaine binge. I listen to Howard Stern sometimes, and he always comes across as a bad guy to me, making vulgar and homophobic comments. I’m really surprised he’s all ready had 3 guest spots on MADtv, because I hear he was a bit of a bitch towards Quincy Jones, and I wonder why they don't put effort into bringing back a nice guy like Pat.
Old 07/11/2006, 8:32 PM
Right-wing rocker

Yeah, Artie never charmed me either. Too bad too, because he was a great cast member. He almost always made me laugh. But I know what you mean, about him coming across kind of bad, with the homophobic comments and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a creepy past either.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 07/12/2006, 2:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

I'm wondering if Artie will do an autobiography about his life before and after MADtv but I'm wondering what is Nicole's side of the story.
Old 07/12/2006, 5:29 PM
Right-wing rocker

Honestly, even though I'm not a huge fan of his personality, I'd read an autobiography or biography on Artie. I have a feeling his life story would read like a "Dear Penthouse..." letter.

And I too would like to know Nicole's account of what happened with Artie.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 07/12/2006, 11:23 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't think there's much more to Artie than we don't already know. There's not much more left to reveal on the coked up Babewatch story.
Old 07/12/2006, 11:43 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I found Artie incredibly unfunny on MADtv, but off the show I don't mind him. I respect him as a person for being as open and honest about his experiences as he is.

Old 07/13/2006, 8:01 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Hehe, funny story. Artie always cracked me up. Its nice to see that Nicole tried to help him out.

Old 07/13/2006, 10:09 AM
Hardcore Fan

This story about Artie make me think about post a question about "If Artie Lange wrote a book about his life including his days on MADtv, Would you buy It?"

I think we might have a lot of different comments about it.
Old 07/14/2006, 1:40 AM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

I'd check it out.
Old 07/16/2006, 12:29 AM
Obsessed!

I liked in "my White Mamma"...but other than that...I really didn't like seasons 1 +2 of Mad Tv....Nicole, Debra, and Mary were the only ones I could stand. Sometimes Bryan and Orlando.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart