Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/08/2005, 11:49 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Keegan-Michael Key does improv in Ann Arbor, MI!

Season 11 MADtv star Keegan-Michael Key will be in Ann Arbor, MI this Friday, October 14th, to do a live improv show with his group "The 313: Heroes of Detroit Improv" at Improv Inferno. Here's the scoop from improvinferno.com:
The 313 is a long-form improv company made up of alumni from The Second City. They are Larry Joe Campbell (According to Jim), Keegan-Michael Key (MadTV), Nyima Funk (MTV's Wild 'N Out), Andy Cobb (The Family Guy), Joshua Funk (Wild 'N Out), and Marc Evan Jackson (VH-1's ILL-ustrated and BSTV). They perform on Saturday nights at The Second City-Hollywood and just finished up a month-long run at The Flamingo Las Vegas. Tickets are $15 for the 8PM show and $20 for the 10PM. Special Event - no passes or coupons will be accepted for this show.
Considering I'm an Ann Arbor native and the show is like 5 minutes from my house, I'll most likely be there. Sounds like it will be fun.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 10/09/2005, 5:47 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Once again it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't surprise me and I envy you again. Make sure to take lots of pics and share them with those of us that wouldn't make it a pill to share with.

Old 10/09/2005, 8:52 PM
Fresh Meat

AH. that is scary. I just was going to visit the website and read your post with surprise. I go to UMich so I guess I should attend the show. Interesting. Thanks for the post.

Old 10/09/2005, 9:02 PM
Fresh Meat

Sorry for double posting. I was wondering where you buy the tickets. Do you buy them on the website or at the door right before the show? Thanks.

Old 10/11/2005, 7:43 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Hey, that's awesome that you're gonna be at the show. I'll probably see you there.

When I've been to Improv Inferno in the past, I always bought tickets at the door. I don't even think there is anywhere to get advance tickets. Just get there early if you want a good seat.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 10/14/2005, 10:21 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I didn't get to see the show tonight.

We got there and it was sold out. I guess how it worked was even though they weren't selling tickets in advance, you could call and reserve seats. When we got there, a half hour prior to the show, there was a huge line and a sign was on the door that said "both shows sold out." We were put on a waiting list, but it's not really worth $20 each to stand way in the back and not be able to see. I've seen shows at Improv Inferno before and it is set up with cafe tables and stuff all around the stage and there are seats over to the side. We would have probably had to stand behind the seats if we got in at all, which just isn't worth it. Oh well, it would have been fun. We were bummed, but I guess that's how it goes. Was anyone else able to see the show?

Old 10/15/2005, 11:54 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I'm bummed for you to Matt. Sorry about your luck. I somehow doubt it's run out though, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.