Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/03/2006, 8:13 PM
Totally F****able

Aries is currently on "Mind Of Mencia" right now as a singer in a parody about Kanye West

Old 04/04/2006, 2:19 PM
Hardcore Fan

Wow!

Aries' post MADtv career has really "taken off" since last year.
Old 04/04/2006, 4:16 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ McC
I never liked Aries, other than a few (and I mean a few) of his impressions. He just wasn't funny, seemed arrogant, often stole a scene that he didn't belong in. Just plain annoying.
That is exactly how I feel!
Old 06/11/2006, 12:39 PM

I was bored and browsing some old VHS's and noticed over two years old Aries' interview from Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I threw it to youtube, if you're interested seeing it. Quality sucks, there's two big black tiles and Finnish subtitles.

Religion is like farting: we like our own but hate everyone elses.
-Homer Simpson
Old 06/11/2006, 2:40 PM
Casual Fan

OK ... I had sent Aries a quick message on myspace a few months ago, and I got a response yesterday that said something like "thanks dog! now i need you to do a big favor for me. go to my website and buy a t-shirt (blah blah blah ordering info, etc.)." Then at the bottom it said "I KNOW THIS IS AN AD BUT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ITS ME! DOESN'T MAD TV SUCK NOW THAT ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE ARE GONE? (then something else I can't remember).

Uh, no, Aries, I don't think I'll be buying anything from your site.
Old 08/21/2006, 12:11 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
DOWNHILL RUN:

Comedian Aries Spears left "Mad TV" last year after eight years on the sketch show, and now he says the long-running show has become, well, not good. "It's gotten horrible. It's not just me saying that. I've got people coming up to me consistently saying that they think the show is unwatchable," he insists. "It's bound to happen because you have cast and writer changes so chemistry changes. Also, censorship got tightened, especially after that whole Janet Jackson thing, so things change." When asked why he left the show, Spears responds, "It was bound to happen from my end because I felt like I had run my course there. I had stopped having fun and it became just about the work. And I think they felt that I was done. I didn't like the way that they went about showing me the thanks for what I had given to the show."

Now Spears is looking forward to his next TV venture, "The Underground," premiering Sept. 14 on Showtime. The half-hour comedy sketch show is being spearheaded by Damon Wayans. "I just liken the change to Shaquille O'Neal leaving the Lakers and going to Miami. It's unfortunate that it had to be that way. I know there are a lot of fans of 'Mad' that hated to see me go, but now I feel like I have a chance to win the title with 'The Underground.'"
If MADtv sucks now, it sucked moreso when Aries' unfunny ass was stinking up the show.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27267829.shtml

Old 09/13/2006, 7:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

I saw Aries on Late Night With Conan O'Brien in which Mr. Spears promote his new sketch comedy series called "The Underground".

In the interview he talked about the times he met some of the people he parody in his comedy act and MADtv including Mike Tyson, Eddie Murphy and Shaquille O'Neal.

Also, There is a magazine advertising for the new series on Showtime which also features Damon Wayans and which Aries called "In Living Colour" on Steriods where the entire cast look insane and are dress in straight jackets.

Didn't the original cast of MADtv do a similar cast photo for Season 1?
Old 09/28/2006, 9:04 PM
D2F

I just saw him on The Tyra Banks Show the other day (its one of those shows that makes me yell at the tv but I can't stop watching). She was doing some segment on virgins and he had a piece where he was teaching this 39 year old virgin dude how to kiss. It was pretty lame. He basically came on the show to promote his Showtime show.

The virgin segment was reallllly creepy btw. Aries is supposedly quite the ladies man but hes no miracle worker.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/29/2006, 10:10 PM
JAVAN said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
I just saw him on The Tyra Banks Show the other day (its one of those shows that makes me yell at the tv but I can't stop watching). She was doing some segment on virgins and he had a piece where he was teaching this 39 year old virgin dude how to kiss. It was pretty lame. He basically came on the show to promote his Showtime show.

The virgin segment was reallllly creepy btw. Aries is supposedly quite the ladies man but hes no miracle worker.
buffalo-but is a ladies man? wow...btw, LOVE the tyra banks show!

Old 10/16/2006, 3:46 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Aries Spears on Def Comedy Jam

If anyone is interested, Aries just did a stand up routine on the latest episode of Def Comedy Jam. I didn't even know he did stand up. I think he is a very talented comedian and I always thought he was funny on the show, but I wasn't crazy about his stand up although he did have a few moments. Just thought I would pass it on for any Aries fans.

Last edited by BlueWolf; 10/17/2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10/17/2006, 10:43 AM
Bender: still great

Actually, from what I hear, he's been doing stand-up ever since he was 14.

The way I see Aries, is that he was great on MADtv for his first few seasons (3-6), but he began to get stale by around Season 7. By his last season, I couldn't wait for him to leave. However, from what I hear, he seems to be quite the self-centered, narcissistic asshole.

Old 10/31/2006, 4:05 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The bay area's alternative rock station, Live 105 had Aries on their show last week. He did a bunch of impressions to some random beats, and the station recorded it on YouTube, and there's some audio. It's pretty good, even if you don't like Aries (myself included).

Audio Podcast Version

YouTube Version
Old 06/17/2007, 2:02 AM
26/07/16!!

For those of you interested Aries has an account on youtube and is supposedly putting up all the "best" clips of his work from MADtv according to his MySpace profile.

You can view the clips here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AriesSpears

Old 06/17/2007, 9:18 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny_guy View Post
For those of you interested Aries has an account on youtube and is supposedly putting up all the "best" clips of his work from MADtv according to his MySpace profile.

You can view the clips here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AriesSpears

You mean there are "best" clips of Aries' work??

Old 06/17/2007, 11:40 AM
Hardcore Fan

Wow, good for Aries it's probaly the best thing he's done since leaving the show.

Maybe other cast members who spent a few years on the series will get an account and post their favorite clips from the series on YouTube.
Old 07/03/2007, 4:34 PM
JAVAN said so.

Lord, now his ass is taking over VH1'S "WebJunk 20"...
oh boy...

Old 07/03/2007, 4:37 PM
D2F

A Web Junk 20 without Patrice O'Neil is nothing but a farce.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 07/03/2007, 5:26 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Gurrrl. I saw that. Aries Spears making a comeback! You GO girl!

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 07/03/2007, 7:25 PM
Hardcore Fan

That's nice to hear that Aries is finding TV work. he will be an improvement from Jim Bruer
Old 07/06/2007, 9:02 PM
just crazy

WebJunk 2.0 is on right now.

Trying to make my way into college...