Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Cast Members
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/27/2008, 4:29 AM

Opie & Anthony on XM radio (they're like to XM what Howard Stern is to Sirius), every day they have different comedians as guests on the show

Old 07/27/2008, 4:35 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I found a video of Bobby freaking out on the show somewhere (I'll post it later), but by what you just said, I think Bobby doesn't know anything about what's going on. I think it's all in his paranoid brain. He also said I THINK too. And if he hated the show so much why did he come back after the 5 years? I think he does have problems mentally, I mean look at him in season 7 (his first year) he had a good haircut, and he was fairly skinny. Flashforward to the beginnning of season 13, his hair looked like a skunk, and he had looked like he had gained a big bhutta belly. I think somethings wrong with Bobby, and I feel really sad for him. I think he has some of the same problems Ardie Lange had when he was on the show, only Bobby's taking the perscribed pills, and not the cocaine like Ardie did. Anyway, because of how Bobby is and what he talked about I am sure that he doesn't know anything about MADtv's condition that isn't already known.
I believe the Frank thing (which I think Frank is being a little bit of a baby for the show that gave him a career). I've read that he hated the show and he wanted to leave, but they kept bringing him back because the Fox executives liked him a lot. I think they were the only ones, as I don't think that the writers liked writing for him because they could sense his dispeasure towards the show.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 07/27/2008, 6:09 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I think Bobby just took another severe hit and he's beginning to show the effects. If what you guys said about him wanting to leaving since Season 11 was true, then after season 13, when he finally thought he could leave, and get his own show, expand outside the show, the worst thing happened.

The show doesn't looks like it's gonna get picked up.

Then he's back to MADtv with his tail in between his legs, having to apologize to people and such, enduring the taunts about his 'broken promise'. How many people can stand that kinda treatment? I really hope he can do well in everything, and of course maintain a best of health.

Old 07/27/2008, 4:00 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here's a link to a video where he freaks out on the show.
http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/di...ber_18565.html
I don't know why he's worried about his show. It was already picked up by Comedy Central, and just so Bobby knows green light means go.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/27/2008, 4:13 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Wow, its hard to find things not wrong with what you've written. First of all, Bobby wasn't skinny when he debuted on MADtv. I'd say he's the exact same proportion now that he was back in 2001. And second of all - how does a haircut dictate someones mental state? Having a haircut has nothing to do with nothing.

Bobby's show has not been picked up. Comedy Central has ordered the PILOT - that is not the same as making it on to the schedule.

Bobby is the longest serving castmember on MADtv, of course he has an idea about what the current state of the show is. He knows more than the rest of us put together when it comes to MADtv. I will say that he is becoming quite cocky in his disdain for the show, despite the fact that he keeps coming back. No other castmember has spoken out against the show as much as Bobby has while they were still a castmember, and lived to see another season. He hasn't been on here in a while, but I bet if something really pissed him of, he'd been up someones ass faster than you can say "uh oh hot dog" - and since you're being the most vocal about him at the moment tvman, that person will probably be you.

Old 07/27/2008, 4:55 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Wow, its hard to find things not wrong with what you've written. First of all, Bobby wasn't skinny when he debuted on MADtv. I'd say he's the exact same proportion now that he was back in 2001. And second of all - how does a haircut dictate someones mental state? Having a haircut has nothing to do with nothing.

Bobby's show has not been picked up. Comedy Central has ordered the PILOT - that is not the same as making it on to the schedule.

Bobby is the longest serving castmember on MADtv, of course he has an idea about what the current state of the show is. He knows more than the rest of us put together when it comes to MADtv. I will say that he is becoming quite cocky in his disdain for the show, despite the fact that he keeps coming back. No other castmember has spoken out against the show as much as Bobby has while they were still a castmember, and lived to see another season. He hasn't been on here in a while, but I bet if something really pissed him of, he'd been up someones ass faster than you can say "uh oh hot dog" - and since you're being the most vocal about him at the moment tvman, that person will probably be you.

Well, I've never seen season 7, but I have seen Bobby in some season 7 sketches and he was fairly skinny like in this video. Also, maybe the haircut thing in just me. I grow up in a home where my father feels that hair past the ears is freak like. I don't feel that way but sometimes it sneaks through. Although, I do admit I really don't like that haircut. No offense to Bobby though as I would hate that haircut on anyone, and despite what you think Dart I really like Bobby.
He's left a great mark on this show, and probably sketch comedy. In SNL and MADtv no one had done what he has. There were the typical black roles, and white roles, and it had been that way for a while. Bobby brought the Asian roles on to the circuit, but also proved that he wasn't just a little Asian guy, that he could play sketch comedy ball with the best of them. I just don't like it when he says the show is not going on past __ season, and when he flip flops on certain issues like his cast membership. I also didn't know that Comedy Central only picked up the pilot. I thought it was a done deal.

I also am a little skeptic about how much he knows, as by what I have seen in many shows when it comes to issues like cancellation, it's usually the cast members who are the last to know for sure. I also know that there is no way he could know at this point. Also, if Fox was going to cancel MADtv they wouldn't replace it with another sketch show. The would probably just replace them with paid programming. It would cost more money to bring in a new sketch show then canceling MADtv.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/27/2008, 9:51 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Well, I've never seen season 7, but I have seen Bobby in some season 7 sketches and he was fairly skinny like in this video. Also, maybe the haircut thing in just me. I grow up in a home where my father feels that hair past the ears is freak like. I don't feel that way but sometimes it sneaks through. Although, I do admit I really don't like that haircut. No offense to Bobby though as I would hate that haircut on anyone, and despite what you think Dart I really like Bobby.
He's left a great mark on this show, and probably sketch comedy. In SNL and MADtv no one had done what he has. There were the typical black roles, and white roles, and it had been that way for a while. Bobby brought the Asian roles on to the circuit, but also proved that he wasn't just a little Asian guy, that he could play sketch comedy ball with the best of them. I just don't like it when he says the show is not going on past __ season, and when he flip flops on certain issues like his cast membership. I also didn't know that Comedy Central only picked up the pilot. I thought it was a done deal.

I also am a little skeptic about how much he knows, as by what I have seen in many shows when it comes to issues like cancellation, it's usually the cast members who are the last to know for sure. I also know that there is no way he could know at this point. Also, if Fox was going to cancel MADtv they wouldn't replace it with another sketch show. The would probably just replace them with paid programming. It would cost more money to bring in a new sketch show then canceling MADtv.
Well Bobby Lee is one of the first cast members or at least the only cast members who has said that the show will be cancelling or if it does not keep it up when he came on he said the show might cancel in march of 2008 or arpil 2008 due to the strike but it is still on today...

then for year MADtv cast members say FOX treats us like crap...well if they did why are they renewing the show every season..too me people do not understand MADtv is the luckiest sketch show out there...they did not have it as hard as Saturday Night Live did back in the 80s and 90s because SNL was in deep crap throughout those decades and it is nothing that MADtv has that is worse than SNL because if you real SNL history it will tell you..i think back in season 6 or 7 all the cast left and when i mean i mean..writers, directors, producers, and talent left so MADtv has never had it as hard as SNL and it seems that us the fans take the show so far because it is like when something goes wrong everyone thinks the show will be cancel..just because the show is not as what some people called at its peak like from 1997-2003 people think too much of the show...FOX is a network that if you get BAD RATINGS your off...and i am surprise Spike is still on because i think no one really watches Spike at 12 am...not to be mean to spike fans..Anyways to end this Bobby lee has said allot of things on here..in a interview i was reading he said he wanted to leave after season 11 but they kept bringing me back and he is still there..i do not know what to say anymore because at Season 14 we will see what happens...Bobby Lee might be back after 14 and you never know.
Old 07/28/2008, 8:41 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Bobby can and will go loco on people's asses. I just hope when the time comes it ain't me.

Old 09/04/2008, 10:43 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I can't prove this but I think I saw Bobby Lee on a commercial up here for Margaret Cho's Show, but I can't prove it. It also has Selena Luna you know, the "cast member" of Planet MADtv if you know what I mean.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/15/2008, 11:04 AM
Obsessed!

it says Bobby left after season 13 at the top...which is false.....just thought I'd let you know....lol

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/18/2008, 8:43 PM
Fresh Meat

Lee vs. Wild LOL

Old 09/20/2008, 11:31 AM
n4yr

I just rewatched Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle last night and didnt know that Boby Lee was in one of the scenes and when I recognized his voice, it was freaky

This is the third time in the last week where I've seen a random MADtv actor in a movie I saw and not knowing they were in it. (I saw part of Josie and the Pussycats with Aries Spears and the other was Office Space with David Herman)

Old 09/20/2008, 9:37 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Yep he had a cameo in that movie. I think he's friends with one of the actors.

Old 09/21/2008, 12:22 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Yep he had a cameo in that movie. I think he's friends with one of the actors.
It`s John Cho.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/21/2008, 12:29 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
It`s John Cho.
Oh yeah! The guy who stole Bobby's shot at the role of a policeman in 24!

Thanks tvman!

Old 04/03/2009, 12:49 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Does anyone know what's going on with Bobby's Comedy Central show?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/07/2009, 11:14 AM
Literally

Here is Eminem's new music video, Bobby is in it.
Old 04/07/2009, 3:02 PM
Hardcore Fan

I saw the clip on MTV.com and its very funny
Old 06/19/2009, 9:59 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here's a video I found on youtube of Bobby going into a store to see if he's famous enough to get free food for a radio show called Paul and Young Ron. For anyone who says that MADtv is not popular, just check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkdH965zG7g

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/21/2009, 2:56 AM
Fresh Meat

Here's a clip of Bobby at a radio station:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48KD32sRdBE
He's just dancing to Hip-Hop music and then he chats for a bit.
Warning. There is Bobby flesh exposed.

This video is of Bobby giving someone a Lap Dance at the Hard Rock Improv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQRPgbmZqkc
Warning. There is a hell of a lot of Bobby flesh exposed.