Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/18/2001, 1:35 PM
Fresh Meat

Question Does anybody like Will Sasso?

when they did that skit where they said once he lost all that weight he wasn't funny anymore- i thought it was sort of funny. but now i'm starting to wonder if it's true. just like aries was annoying 2 or so years back with all his characters (now he's much better) will is taking his place. every character he does screams, is vulgar or violent. what do you think?

Old 11/18/2001, 2:55 PM
Fresh Meat

Thumbs Up

Will Sasso is actually funny. His Arnold Swarzaneggar is hilarious and really can't be matched. But he does have a couple of bad ones(George Bush and Fred Durst for example). His Lance bass is ok, so is his Jesse Ventura. Sometimes his Steven Segal is funny(The Monk one), but he needs to do another WWF The Rock skit.
Probably a lot more hes done, but you gotta admit he does a lot(small cast maybe).

My favorite is the Louie Anderson impression.
Old 11/18/2001, 3:55 PM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Will used to be my favorite cast member, but he's starting to annoy me a little lately. Especially last night...seemed like he was in every sketch.

My favorite cast member is Michael McDonald now. His recurring characters aren't the greatest (anymore), but when he plays a regular character, he's at his best. "Francesco Kling" and the "Popstars" guy are fantastic! He needs to keep doing those really creepy guys!

I enjoyed watching the rerun of Mad TV last night on TNN way more than the new episode. It was on right after. (Is that the only time TNN shows them in their entirety?)

Angie

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
View Post Old 11/18/2001, 4:22 PM
Mel
This message is hidden because Mel was banned from the site.
Old 11/18/2001, 4:44 PM
Staff Alumnus

I agree with you, Mel. I couldn't imagine the show without Will either. I guess he was just more annoying to me last night because he was shown so much, and my favorite (Michael) really only did Stuart. He needs some new characters. Anyway, I don't dislike Will, I just got an overload of him last night. I think he's at his best when paired up with Alex. I don't seem to remember them together much last night, although I may be forgetting something obvious.

And yeah, Simpsons are the best! So is Family Guy.

Angie

Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
--Family Guy
View Post Old 11/19/2001, 3:26 PM
Mel
Old 11/19/2001, 6:00 PM
Fresh Meat

Heart We Love Will !

Will Sasso cracks us up. When He & Alex are doing the award shows it shows their talent as ad-libbers. He does Bill Clinton and Paul Schafer on the nose! We never tire of the "You Are The One That I Love" medleys...Fat or trim, he's one funny Canadian. Must be something in the water up there. Hope we can follow his career for many years.
Old 11/20/2001, 7:48 AM
Staff Alumnus

The red carpet spectaculars are some of my favorite parts in the show. Especially Alex...she is consistently hilarious every single time! It blows my mind how she comes up with the stuff she says! One of my favorites was when Will asked the guy who played Ike Turner ("What's Love Got To Do With It?"): "who's the biggest phoney here tonight?" And "Ike" says "You" and walks away! And Alex says "Wow. I thought I was gonna get slapped! No, Ike, no!" LOL! She's always perfect.

Will is at his best here as well. When they're both together, it usually makes a hysterical sketch! Plus, they just look really cute together...he's like 6'5" and she's like 5'!

Angie

--Family Guy
Old 11/23/2001, 7:16 PM

Heart Sasso's da bomb

Hey hey, whoa whoa
Let's not mess with Will, he's the funniest guy on the show.
I'm not just supporting him cause I'm from the same town as him, I'm supporting him cause his impressions are hilarious.
Sure, he overacts a bit with Lance Bass and Fred Durst, and his George W Bush is no better than Christian Duguay's.
I don't think he was as bad in last week's episode as Rob said he was.
The NYPD guy had me laughing hysterically and his Marlon Brando was pretty damn hilarious, too. Fred Durst was kind of over-acting but I fell off my seat laughing at the part where he said "What's your name? Ya foo-dog, mark-assed, trick-busta, high-nippled haven BITCH???"
Sure, he was funnier when he was fat, but if he just turns down the overacting a bit, he could return as the funniest person in the show again.
-Antonio
Old 11/24/2001, 7:47 AM
Staff Alumnus

Actually, you're right, he wasn't as bad as I thought he was last week. I watched my tape again last night and the NYPD thing was a riot! And the wigs thing was cuter than I remembered as well. Brando wasn't bad either. The Fred Durst thing though, is getting old. I loved the Posin' video and the Almost Famous 2 thing, but now (already), it's getting old. As for Lance, I loved the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire sketch he did last year, and the N'Sync movie trailer thing they did. That's about it. I really like Will, I just hate to see recurring characters recur so often, whether they're his or someone elses. The best sketch I've seen with him this season was the one when the 8th grader, Angela, had a crush on him and he was married. The camping one! A separate sketch from anything he's ever done! That was great!

Angie

--Family Guy
View Post Old 11/24/2001, 10:21 AM
Mel
Old 11/24/2001, 10:34 AM
Staff Alumnus

LOL! The "I've been drafted into a war" thing was hilarious, wasn't it? It was nice that the real N'sync were cool about it when they did the Red Carpet

--Family Guy
Old 11/28/2001, 12:07 AM
Fresh Meat

Default come on

Come on, Will is still a great cast member. One of the best, in fact. The weight loss skit about him not being funny was obviously just a notice to viewers who hadn't already notcied he lost weight. I mean, wouldn't you want people to know something like that. It was probably a big thing for him, and we should all be happy for him. But back to his acting. He's one of the most versatile actors ever on MAD and he'll probably be on for at least one more season.
Old 11/29/2001, 7:34 AM
Staff Alumnus

Thumbs Up

I am very proud of Will too. I wonder how much he actually lost? I remember back just before that "Funny fat guy" sketch aired. On the Fox boards, there was this guy posting over and over again saying he wanted Artie Lange back because Will wasn't funny nor fat anymore. It really pissed me off. Losing that much weight is a HUGE DEAL and I'm sure it hurt to have someone gloss over that AND insult him at the same time. I'm glad he was a good sport about it and made it into a sketch though. Great job, Will!

Angie

--Family Guy
Old 12/02/2001, 7:39 PM
Casual Fan

I actually consider Fred Durst as one of my favorite charectars, I thinks it's hilarious. The most recent one, had me laughing for days with Donnie D and that hot young chick that sings(I forgot her name?)
I always thought kenny rogers was a little annoying but last weeks episode was great, when kenny did the Family Values Tour. Also I caught a great rerun where Kenny and James Brown Jr serves Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless; that was priceless.

last week Sasso rocked the show with the bankrupt italian furniture commercial.
bottom line is will sasso is friggen funny

Old 12/02/2001, 10:50 PM
Fresh Meat

I wish they showed some of his outakes from the Dec 1 episode. Will was hysterical; some of his improv when taping was great. Mad Tv should do a marathon of outakes only.