Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/12/2003, 9:19 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Will Sasso gets a promotion

Will Sasso has been promoted to a series regular on ABC's Less Than Perfect. Last season, both he and Nicole Sullivan had recurring roles on the show. For those who have never seen the series, the following is a brief synopsis taken from its official website:
Sara Rue (Popular) stars as Claudia "Claude" Casey, a temp who has worked at the GBN Television Network for two years before she unexpectedly lands a job on the coveted desk of handsome news anchor Will Butler, played by Eric Roberts.

After Will hires her full-time, Claude quickly realizes she may be in over her head in this new world of assistants fighting to get ahead. Her co-workers on the 22nd floor seem less interested in her brownies and cheery attitude than in getting rid of her. Kipp (Zachary Levi) and Lydia (Andrea Parker) are certain that Claude is a minor inconvenience who will easily fold, but while she may look like a pushover, they'll learn not to push her. With the help of her old friends from the fourth floor, Ramona (Sherri Shepherd) and Owen (Andy Dick), Claude is determined to prove that she may not be perfect, but she's also not going down without a fight.

In this series, writer Terri Minsky (Sex and the City) draws upon her own experiences as a young woman working in a newsroom. We'll follow Claude on her journey as she battles her own insecurities in a size-2 world while refusing to compromise her values.
Congrats, Will! Set your VCRs, the season premiere airs Tuesday, September 23 at 9:30/8:30c. If you were a fan of his work on MADtv, don't miss it.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 09/12/2003, 9:56 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Cool, I'm glad for Will. I've never seen the series, so I'll try to remember to watch the premiere. I gotta go to Costco and buy a bunch of VCR tapes for the upcoming season of MADtv & KoQ.

Old 09/12/2003, 1:28 PM
Total Weirdo Freak

I love this show! I saw a couple episodes with Will in it. He was pretty good. I can't wait to see new episodes...but it comes on durin the same time The OC comes on:-/ Hopefully they will continue showing the new episode from the previous week on fridays/mondays like they are now so I won't have to miss both!
Old 09/12/2003, 2:29 PM
0ld sk00l

I LOVE THAT SHOW!! WOOHO! but I knew this like 4 months ago...
Also, a newbie posted this on some other board (or maybe this one) and said the same news... but I guess no one saw it because you don't really pay that much attention to newbies.

My Fanfics