Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/28/2005, 8:14 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Post Petition for Complete Seasons of MADtv on DVD

Since Mizzimad put it so well:
This is a petition to request that QDE Entertainment and Warner Brothers continue the DVD-boxed-set reissues of complete seasons of the hilarious sketch comedy series "MADtv." The complete Season One DVD set was issued last year; however, because of reportedly disappointing sales, the planned series of complete "MADtv" DVD sets has been discontinued. Although QDE and Warner are releasing a "Best of 'MADtv'" DVD this year to spotlight the show's last three seasons, we feel that a cutting-edge comedy series like "MADtv," with so many wonderful recurring characters and witty parodies, deserves to be released in its entirety, not just as a series of "best-of's." Therefore, by signing this petition, you will be helping "MADtv" fans in an effort to continue complete-season DVD releases of this wonderful show.
While we can't be certain that this will coerce QDE Entertainment and Warner Brothers into making future MADtv DVD releases full season sets, by signing this petition you are at least helping the cause.

Old 08/28/2005, 10:56 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Thanks again, Kurt. Oh, and I'll do my best in the future to respect the "too many smilies in a post" rule.

O.K., one last violation for good measure.

Of course, I also offer a sincere "thank you" to everyone who has signed the petition. (At the time of this post, there were 37 sigs.) Right now, most of the sigs are probably coming from PlanetMADtv; however, I have already circulated the petition at several entertainment forums, "MADtv"-related Yahoo! Groups (at least the ones that appear active), Alex B.'s site, Nicole S.'s unofficial site, and so forth. Special thanks, shout-outs, and cookies go out to Potora and everyone else who is helping to circulate the petition. If you guys can think of any other relevant places to circulate the petition (i.e., where it won't be mistaken for spam), then please feel free to help in getting the word out.

With that (and one more smilie), I end my Oscar acceptance speech.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/28/2005, 11:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I spread the word around...on myspace as well as the MADtv livejournal community. I hope this isn't a big waste of time hehe
Old 08/28/2005, 11:09 PM
Staff Alumnus

Thanks, Mark. And, hey, look on the bright side: if all of this effort proves to be a waste of time, then at least we've all had the satisfaction of wasting it together.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/29/2005, 4:21 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Aww thanks Mizzimad. I'm just glad it's getting signed.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 08/29/2005, 12:21 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: MADtv Petition

I definately signed!!! I even had my 10 year old sister & my 5 year old brother sign too, they love MADtv also!!! I will also spread the word to MySpace, Xanga, anywhere I could!!! I pray to God this works!!!

Tchaa, Ya Know What. . .I Have A Cat Named CeCe
Old 08/29/2005, 2:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

Wow, more than 24 hours after I signed it, the petition is now up to 53 signatures, 42 more since after I signed it.
Old 08/29/2005, 4:07 PM
Regular

i signed it!

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Old 08/29/2005, 4:09 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

As much as I'd love for the rest of the show to be on DVD (specifically seasons 2-5), I'm not signing the petition. It seems like a total waste of time. Seriously, a petition was started to get the first season on DVD and the sales sucked (at least for them anyway), so I don't blame them all for not releasing new seasons. Besides, it's not like this has never happened before. (Most recently, anime fans started a petition to get 4Kids Entertainment to release uncut DVDs of their anime. They allow FUNimation [their distributor] to re-dub a couple of their shows to release uncut DVDs of Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King. The sales were poor, so now there sticking to the edited DVDs.) Anyway, the point is that if you really want more seasons on DVD, then maybe you should have spread the word a bit more to get more people to buy the first season.

Old 08/29/2005, 4:11 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by MADfan2004
As much as I'd love for the rest of the show to be on DVD (specifically seasons 2-5), I'm not signing the petition. It seems like a total waste of time. Seriously, a petition was started to get the first season on DVD and the sales sucked (at least for them anyway), so I don't blame them all for not releasing new seasons. Besides, it's not like this has never happened before. (Most recently, anime fans started a petition to get 4Kids Entertainment to release uncut DVDs of their anime. They allow FUNimation [their distributor] to re-dub a couple of their shows to release uncut DVDs of Yu-Gi-Oh and Shaman King. The sales were poor, so now there sticking to the edited DVDs.) Anyway, the point is that if you really want more seasons on DVD, then maybe you should have spread the word a bit more to get more people to buy the first season.
It's a waste of all of 1 minute of your time AT THE MOST. At least you would be doing something about it.
Old 08/29/2005, 4:15 PM
Fresh Meat

I think the people behind the DVD had too high of expectations. There are numerous "they/you should have"s we can come up with, like releasing numerous seasons in one set, like one and two in a volume, three and four in another, and so on and so forth.

I think MAD would see much better sales of a "Best Of (castmember)" DVD than what they are giving us with the "Best of Seasons 8, 9, and 10".
Old 08/29/2005, 4:36 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghrotto
I think MAD would see much better sales of a "Best Of (castmember)" DVD than what they are giving us with the "Best of Seasons 8, 9, and 10".
I somewhat agree with that, but it all depends on what castmember. The Best of Nicole Sullivan? The Best of Micheal McDonald? Possible hits, Nicole Sullivan especially since she is one of the most (if not the most) popular cast member in the shows history and she was in only a few sketches in those seasons (and as a guest star at that). Plus, IIRC, I heard ratings took a big decline after she left. Now, Best of Bobby Lee or Best of Ike Barenholtz on the other hand? Maybe not so much.

Old 08/29/2005, 5:15 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I forgot my login and password, so can someone post it here.

Old 08/30/2005, 7:14 AM
Completely Unrelated.

I signed it and was number 68. I'll tell my friends about it. Good job Mizzimad.

Old 08/31/2005, 8:17 PM
Staff Alumnus

Thank you, everyone! We have accumulated just under 100 sigs in three days, so I hope we can continue to rrrrrrrrrrrack 'em up. I'm sure there's a pool-hall joke in there somewhere; however, since I've been w/o power for three days, it just ain't happenin' right now.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/31/2005, 11:25 PM
Hardcore Fan

What's been happening mizzi?

Have you been affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina?
Old 09/01/2005, 1:29 AM
Staff Alumnus

Aw, did you miss me, cartman? No, seriously, though my area wasn't hit directly by the storm, I did lose power for 3 days. However, I'm officially back now to bug everyone.

"We can dig it!"
Old 09/01/2005, 9:31 AM
Hardcore Fan

I signed it!
Old 09/02/2005, 9:38 AM

I wonder if the same rules follow as actual paper petitions. You have to me 18. Oh well, I'll sign anyway.
Old 09/02/2005, 10:12 AM
Totally F****able

There are no rules. If there had been, half the people that signed it wouldn't have been able to .