Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/27/2004, 11:09 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Here's what is coming up on MADtv...

According to TheFutonCritic.com, here's what's headed in the coming weeks on MADtv:
MADtv, recently picked up for three more seasons, goes full-throttle this month with special guests and spot-on parodies. FOX's biggest stars come together when THE O.C.'s Ryan Atwood (guest star Benjamin McKenzie) introduces his tough Chino crowd consisting of "Clay Aiken" (Ron Pederson), "Justin Guarini" (Jordan Peele) and "William Hung" (Bobby Lee) to Seth Cohen (guest star Adam Brody) and Summer Roberts (guest star Rachel Bilson). When Seth learns that Summer might have kissed Clay, an O.C.-style stare-down ensues on an all-new MADtv on Saturday, May 1 (11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT).

The next week (Saturday, May 8, 11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT), Frankie Muniz (MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE) and Jennifer Coolidge guest-star. Hot Hollywood couples test their knowledge when Tom Bergeron makes a guest appearance to host a special edition of "Hollywood Squares" on another all-new installment of MADtv on Saturday, May 15 (11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT). And, on the season finale (Saturday, May 22, 11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT), Fred Willard and David Alan Grier sit down for a chat about the F.C.C. when they make a guest appearance on "Real MoFo Talk."

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 04/27/2004, 11:15 PM
Totally F****able

Sweet..........Thanks!

Old 04/28/2004, 1:32 AM
Misson Accomplished

oh thats cool

Old 04/28/2004, 7:20 AM

Awesome.....I can't wait!! Thanks Cat_Named_CeCe!!
Old 04/28/2004, 10:50 PM
Communication Breakdown

Location: The Lobster State or some may call it Vacation Land
Default Re: Here's what is coming up on MADtv...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
According to TheFutonCritic.com, here's what's headed in the coming weeks on MADtv:[indent]MADtv, recently picked up for three more seasons, goes full-throttle this month with special guests and spot-on parodies. FOX's biggest stars come together when THE O.C.'s Ryan Atwood (guest star Benjamin McKenzie) introduces his tough Chino crowd consisting of "Clay Aiken" (Ron Pederson), "Justin Guarini" (Jordan Peele) and "William Hung" (Bobby Lee) to Seth Cohen (guest star Adam Brody) and Summer Roberts (guest star Rachel Bilson). When Seth learns that Summer might have kissed Clay, an O.C.-style stare-down ensues on an all-new MADtv on Saturday, May 1 (11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT ET/PT).
By The Looks of It, it looks pretty interesting. I just wish they didnt have to use a guest star from O.C.

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya
Old 04/29/2004, 6:20 PM
The Sex Face

I can't believe this season is almost over I hate the "4-month dry spell ".
Old 04/29/2004, 6:25 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Thanks.

And yes I think the OC stars will bring in some viewers. Although I dont think the season will go out with a bang. Real M*F* talk?

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 05/01/2004, 6:01 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Well, it seems like after a good season launch, rather dry midseason, I think the final 4 will be pretty good. Just take a look at all those unaired sketches! (We're going to get some recurring, which we've been missing out on - Stuart, M*F talk, Depressed Perian Tow Truck Man, Hollywood Squares).

Old 05/01/2004, 7:05 AM
Casual Fan

Yeah I'm glad that they are all back! I haven't really been seeing those reacurring actors in a while!

Thanks for the info!

Old 05/01/2004, 8:52 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

I don't watch the OC. Never will, never intend to. It's really just an excuse to bring in ratings, obviously. I think the American Idol spoof could have been used elsewhere. I will watch though, I'm excited about the rest of the show. Maybe that Doggone Mo sketch will be snuck in tonight.

Old 05/02/2004, 6:21 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

I think that in Star Magazine, they advertised The OC cast on MADtv....

Old 05/02/2004, 8:32 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by leachc
I think that in Star Magazine, they advertised The OC cast on MADtv....
They also gave a quick "coming up" preview of the O.C. at the end of the news. During the show I saw (2) real "brought to you by" promos- 1) Mitsubishi Motors, 2) Subway. ...I havn't seen a real one in a while and now there's two... that's a good sign right?

Old 05/03/2004, 1:46 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, I think that would be a good thing....I mean more companies might think that Madtv is actually becoming more and more popular and so, they might think it would be worth it to sponsor them....does that make sense? That is what I think anyway.