Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Transcripts > Appearance Transcripts
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/19/2009, 5:22 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Michael McDonald (Season 13 Fox MADtv Interview)

Cast:

Michael McDonald: Himself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend:

(When something is in brackets and italicized, that means that it is a descriptive moment).

Plot:

Michael McDonald season 13 interview for Fox.

(Michael on the 2nd floor of the Henry Fonda Music Box Theater).

Michael McDonald: If you look around here there's drilling going on. There's all kinds of building that's going on. Ther-, were gonna do the show in a different way this year, where they’re going to do it live um. Much more like a live event. And by like it I mean it is (laugh), it'll be live. And then um. All kind of stuff will be happening on the video screens. We'll be shooting from all different parts of the theatre. Were totally changing the whole look of the show. Were going on on location and shooting stuff more like a movie (cut). A lot of new cast members we have this year. And um, in addition to some of your returning favourites like Nicole Parker's coming back, and um Keegan-Michael Key, and Jordan Peele, and Bobby Lee, and I'm here apparently forever until I die. There, my, digging my grave over there in the corner of the building. But the new cast members are great. There's a lot of them are um. Some real young stand ups that have made kind of a big splash on Youtube, and things like that and um. I've seen some of their characters and there really, really funny (cut). I'm really, really excited about the 300th episode that we have coming up in a couple of weeks, because we’re going to be bringing back a lot of people that I kind of came on the show with like Mo Collins, and Will Sasso, and uh Alex Borstein are going to be here, and they'll be doing all there popular characters, and maybe even doing some new stuff, and it's just a chance to kind a. It's sort of like a family. Like a homecoming in high school or something, except that instead of being here for 4 years, I've been here for 10 (cut). Going to Iraq was uh, single handily the most amazing experience that I've ever had. It kind of encompassed everything that you can think of in a weeks, 10 days work of time. I, I mean it was the most uh. It was the most fun. It was a little scary. It was really heart breaking, and heart warming, and um, mostly it was just really humbling, because when you meet the American soldiers. Men and women in uniform that are protecting our country um. It, it, makes you rea-. For me it just, it made me realize that I could do a lot better you know (laughs), my problems are so small, and my concerns are so peaty, and these people are like, especially a lot of them are like 18, 19 years old, and what I was like at 18 and 19 years old, I was just embarrassed to sort of be in their presence. I thought they were the most amazing people I ever met.

(End).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)