Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 7 (2001-2002)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/29/2002, 3:41 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S07E24 (Aired 2002-05-11)

Starring: Alex Borstein, Mo Collins, Andrew Daly, Michael McDonald, Will Sasso, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir, Debra Wilson

Featuring: Kathryn Fiore, Taran Killam, Jill- Michelle Melean, Bobby Lee

Guest Starring: Vivica A. Fox, Gay Men's Chorus/Choir Of L.A.

Special Appearances: Andrew Bowen, Nicole Sullivan and Josh Peck
  • JAG-Off (Michael- David James Elliott: Harmon "Harm" Rabb, Mo- Catherine Bell: Sarah "Mac" Mackenzie, Andrew- Lieutenant Briggs, Will- Judge, Debra- Prosecutor)
  • Prehistoric Glamazon Huntresses AD (Stephnie- Rebecca Finkleberg: Zamula Kincaid, Mo- Cheri Sheldon: Takka, Kathryn- Tracee Leigh Desmond: Mikayla, Debra- Charme: Alexis)
  • Bunifa: MTV Dismissed (Debra- Bunifa, Taran- Ridge, Jill- Alexis)
  • The Real Deal (Vivica A. Fox- Audrey Simmons, Taran- Adam Heyes, Andrew- Lenny Black, Kathryn- P.A)
  • Sony Neighbors (Michael- Mr. Balzac, Mo- Dana Balzac, Will- Bud Lugz, Stephnie- Mattie Lugz, extra- Josh Peck)
  • Jenny Jones Meets Laura Bush (Mo- Jenny Jones, Stephnie- Laura Bush, Debra- Ms Not Nice, Kathryn- Barbara Bush, Jill- Jenna Bush, Aries- Bobby Hathaway)
  • Gay Dating (Bobby- Jerome, Will- Tyler, Debra- Daphne, ???- Ally)
  • Encore: Goodnight Dad (#417) (Nicole- Mimi, Andrew- Brad, Michael- Mr. O'Malley, Mo- Mrs. O'Malley)
  • War Songs (Debra Introduces the Gay Men's Chorus/Choir Of L.A.)
  • Close (Taran and cast)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/15/2010 at 8:47 PM.

Old 05/04/2002, 9:34 AM
I'm Content With Losing

Vivica A. Fox guest stars.
Bunifa appears on MTV's "dismissed".
Jenny Jones interviews First Lady Laura Bush.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 05/07/2002, 4:20 PM
I'm Content With Losing

also, a JAG parody.

As were laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 05/08/2002, 2:10 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

how do u know that Vancouver2010?

Old 05/08/2002, 3:32 PM
I'm Content With Losing

in the "bunifa" sketch, taran's in a hot tob with bunifa and a girl played by jill-m.

As were laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 05/11/2002, 8:58 PM
Regular

Yaay, Kathryn Fiore's on. Unfortunately, Frank Caliendo is missing AGAIN! Man, his chances of returning next season don't look too good.

Old 05/11/2002, 9:49 PM
Regular

you saw it already!!?? i still have 2 hours!!
Old 05/12/2002, 12:54 AM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

I just saw the episodes...Gay Dating was by far the best sketch....The rest were so-so...Not enough Jill Michelle Melean in this episode. She isn't basil, she's tomato sauce!
Old 05/12/2002, 3:49 AM
Get down tonight!

Congratulations on your 100th. And what what what is a wife beater?

Old 05/12/2002, 10:32 AM
I'm Content With Losing

JAG- this was ok, i liked how everybody was complimenting each other. "you are the best jag officer" haha
Huntresses- Kathryn's return was welcome, and seeing all the ladies in a tight suit was nice. jill in a tight suit would've been nice, but i'll take what i get.
Bunifa- MY FAVORITE SKETCH OF THE NIGHT! THIS WAS SO HILARIOUS! my fav parts are when she hits jill and laughs after she does it, when she breaks her shoes "THESE ARE GUCCIS" LOL "MTV YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR MY $900 GUCCIS" and when she got the time out card. "yall trying to send rosa parks to the back of the tub" awesome sketch!
The Real Deal- Vivica A. Fox worked well with the cast, and i liked how andrew said that "the show could've turned out like the parkers" HAHA
Neighbors- a little odd, but very good
Jenny Jones- My second favorite sketch, this was funny! Debra as the guest was funny, and Mo's voice getting softer! Jill and Kathryn should definately be added!
Gay Dating- a little long, and i'm not gay, and will got a little annoying, but this was good
Encore- so-so, not that good of a sketch to reair, but it was funny, nicole was good
war songs- this was ok

this was an awesome episode. everything in it was good. one of my favorite episode's of the season. the lady cast members shined in this episode, with awesome performances. this was a flawless episode, i'd give it a 9/10. i hope that the season finale is as good.

As were laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 05/12/2002, 11:25 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Kai
Congratulations on your 100th. And what what what is a wife beater?

wife beaters are those white sleeveless undershirts, or tank top undershirts. they are also called 'guinea tees' - and i can say this because i am italian! (half, anyway)
Old 05/12/2002, 5:49 PM
Mr. Jessica Alba

JAG - I knew right away they were gonna use this joke...and it got old fast. Not a good way to start the show.

Glamazon Huntresses - This was funny, too...it was sort of a retread of the old Dolemite jokes (Mo bumps her head on the microphone, etc.), but funnier. It went a little long, but it was still good. All of them were good, and I especially liked Debra's angry voice.

Dismissed w/ Bunifa - The best Bunifa skit in a long time...there were just so many funny elements (the "Gucci" shows that were from Payless, when she falls of the scooter, slapping Jill, etc.) that made it so great. Jill and Taran were also good. Favorite moment: "I'm not white, I'm Latina." "The only thing 'tina' on you are those boobies!"

The Real Deal - This was actually pretty good. The ending was kind of dumb, and it went on a tad too long, but it was still decent. Andrew really made this work when he came up with the names and was acting black, and same when Taran and Kathryn did it. Overall, pretty good.

Neighbors/Sony - An ok effort. It kind of reminds me of that skit where the couple are fighting over dinner and it ends up being a commercial for dishwashing soap. Michael overacted a little bit, though, which is annoying.

Jenny Jones meets Laura Bush - Another great skit. Not only does Mo have the Jenny Jones impression down pat, but the elements of the Bush daughters and the ghetto audience member ("I have a querrstion for Mrs. Bush...") were also hilarious. Thumbs up.

Gay Dating - This was very well done. I have to say, Will redeemed himself for the other crappy skits he's done this season in this. I especially like when he comes home in that leather S&M type outfit. Overall, very good. (P.S. - they have been using that blonde extra A LOT lately...I wonder if there's any particular reason for that?)

Encore - Goodnight Dad - While this was a very funny skit the first time it aired, it wasn't nearly as funny the second time around. Also, if they were going to show one of these again, they should have done the Thanksgiving one, which was much funnier.

War Songs - This was weak. There were no cast members in it (save Debra introducing them) and the songs weren't even funny. The only thing I totally disliked in this episode.

A solid episode, probably the best episode of the season so far (it's about time...1 episode away from the finale). The only complaint I have is that Alex is once again missing, and the featured players imperialize the show. But, Jill, Taran, Kathryn and Bobby were all great, so I can't complain too much. 8/10

Old 05/12/2002, 7:00 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

As much as I don't like Mo...her Jenny Jones impression is accurate....Its a break from her screaming and carrying on.
Old 05/12/2002, 7:11 PM
I'm Content With Losing

yes, and how you find mo to be from the distant galaxy of the screaming waspfish.

As were laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 05/12/2002, 7:43 PM
Regular

How come the links to Rob's reviews aren't posted anymore? I'm not talking about for last night's episode since he probably hasn't written the review for that yet, but the links to his reviews for the last few weeks haven't been posted.

Old 05/12/2002, 8:03 PM
Regular

The Real Deal sketch was really funny, Vivica was a good guest and it was great to see Andrew have a comedic role. This was almost as good as the Rapper/Executive sketch.

Old 05/12/2002, 10:18 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

Mo is a screaming waspfish....She's very very very very very very very very obnoxious. More so than myself. But the difference is, you people actually listen to her. But when I get my sampler...I might sample her voice and warp it.
Old 05/12/2002, 10:46 PM
Get down tonight!

Quote:
Originally posted by dorrit

wife beaters are those white sleeveless undershirts, or tank top undershirts. they are also called 'guinea tees' - and i can say this because i am italian! (half, anyway)
And people use them to beat their wives?

Old 05/13/2002, 12:52 AM
Get down tonight!

Yeah, I see what you mean, Hurricane/Fighting Ron always wears them. But in Australia I think they're just known as muscle-shirts (because they show of your muscles, I guess.)

Old 05/13/2002, 7:46 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

JAG - I thought this was a bit too easy to joke about. I thought of this same joke a few months ago when I saw a commercial for the show saying "A JAG Off...icer gets caught..." etc. I still laughed at this sketch though, so it wasn't bad. Just too easy.

Prehistoric Glamazon Huntress A.D. - This was pretty funny, although a bit long.

Instead of listing everything, I'll just cut to the chase and say that I pretty much liked everything in the show this past week. Well, except the war songs. Loved the Sony commercial, Bunifa, and seeing Jenny Jones again! The encore was okay, but like most people here, I would've loved to see the Thanksgiving one instead. It was probably too long to air again though.

7 out of 10.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy