Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/30/2008, 4:13 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo_sobi View Post
well as a christian i thought that she would vote for mcCain,but o well!
Just because someone is RAISED in a particular faith, does not mean they necessarily still practice the tenets of that faith or even still believe in the beliefs of that faith. If Nicole truly behaved and believed in Christian beliefs, she wouldn't do half the things she's done on the show including impersonating Ellen DeGeneres and kissing arden in the "I kissed a girl" parody.

Because to Christians who practice the beliefs of their faith, homosexuality is wrong. I don't think "well its okay because its my job" would automatically cancel it out.

The same with voting. Just because someone was raised Christian, doesn't necessarily mean they'll vote Republican. There are a lot of Christians out there who vote Democrat. They're more socially liberal as are a lot of different christian churches. Being christian doesn't mean you have to be a conservative thinker.

Old 09/30/2008, 4:16 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiogrrl4405 View Post
The same with voting. Just because someone was raised Christian, doesn't necessarily mean they'll vote Republican. There are a lot of Christians out there who vote Democrat. They're more socially liberal as are a lot of different christian churches. Being christian doesn't mean you have to be a conservative thinker.
Word. hehe

Last edited by nicoleparkerfan8; 10/02/2008 at 6:31 PM.
Old 09/30/2008, 6:21 PM
FormerMarine

So you are saying that Nicole neither behaves like a Christian nor holds Christian beliefs just because she pecked a girl in a sketch? How am I going to get her to come on this site when fans question her personal morals?
Old 09/30/2008, 8:24 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
So you are saying that Nicole neither behaves like a Christian nor holds Christian beliefs just because she pecked a girl in a sketch? How am I going to get her to come on this site when fans question her personal morals?
Exactly.Just because she kissed a girl doesn't mean that she will become a lesbo or go to hell.Haven't you ever heard of "acting?" She probably still goes to church and reads the bible and things like that.There also is a thing called "repenting"

YOU TELL THEM ZESTY!
Old 09/30/2008, 8:33 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:

I'm questioning Christian beliefs as a whole. The Bible specifically states that homosexuality is immoral and a sin, and its a sin to engage in that behaviour, so why would anyone who follows the bible or claims to, engage in that kind of behaviour. I guess in a way im questioning her beliefs but I'm questioning them as a gay woman who just doesn't understand how someone can hold beliefs stating that the way I was born is a sin, yet turn around and see nothing wrong with engaging in the same behaviour they claim is abhorrent, even if it is considered "acting". Granted what she does and what she believes in, doesn't matter one bit to me in the long run. I was just making a point that SOME people can be raised in a particular faith, and then decide to follow a different spiritual path when they get older.....that was my whole point.

Would you compromise your personal beliefs for your career emo?? Didn't think so.. I also NEVER said she would become a Lesbian simply by kissing a girl in a sketch (although one can only dream )

And this shouldn't keep Nicole from coming to this site, it should really open her eyes to a different way of thinking and my opinion on her morals shouldn't have any effect on her whatsoever. No one's opinion should matter in the bigger sense to her.

Old 09/30/2008, 8:39 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I don't have any questions in particular, but I've been following this thread, but I just want to say that I think Nicole is a great asset to the show, and has produced some of my favorite MADtv sketches. So I'm just here extending my support towards her, and thanks for all the laughs she's brought me.
Old 09/30/2008, 9:01 PM
Casual Fan

Thank you so much for doing this, Zesty! Greatly appreciated, Nicole Parker is the best!!
Old 09/30/2008, 9:16 PM
FormerMarine

So I finally got to ask Nicole some of the questions I couldn't answer. Favorite creation: Pat-Beth. Favorite moment: Pig potty blooper. Most memorable sketch: Laguna Biotch and James Blunt. Best Chemistry: Ike and Jordan. It was great to work with Kathy. She even showed her how to stand and move her arms to make the impression better. She wished she could have worked with many alums including Alex, Nicole S. and Will. It drives her crazy when false rumors like the Ninja Turtle one get repeated. She has had formal singing training since she was 12. Broadway was awesome, a dream come true and too short-lived.
Old 09/30/2008, 9:21 PM
FormerMarine

She wanted to work with Jordan since they had been friends since Boom Chicago. They wanted to do something edgy and they came up with the characters on Inside together. Julie Andrews has definitely been an inspiration. She's respected and graceful. The Lillian puppet was cheap and Nicole only had to work the eyes and "keep my mouth shut in a creepy way." It was amazing to work with Mo. Nicole did her first live sketch with her. This is Zesty speaking: She is a wonderful cook.
Old 09/30/2008, 9:26 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
She wanted to work with Jordan since they had been friends since Boom Chicago. They wanted to do something edgy and they came up with the characters on Inside together. Julie Andrews has definitely been an inspiration. She's respected and graceful. The Lillian puppet was cheap and Nicole only had to work the eyes and "keep my mouth shut in a creepy way." It was amazing to work with Mo. Nicole did her first live sketch with her. This is Zesty speaking: She is a wonderful cook.
Whenever you get to ask her more Q's, can you ask her is there any new movie projects in the future after MADtv?
Old 09/30/2008, 11:01 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Has there ever been a sketch Nicole was passionate about/pitched/filmed that wasn't shown on tv?

Who would be her ideal Prince Charming in the Disney Girl sketch?

I know that theatre is her main passion, but will she pursue television post-MAD? What kind of show would she want to star in?

Did she ever try out for SNL? How does she feel about any and all of their castmembers getting tons of roles in movies, while equally (or more) talented MAD castmembers getting next to nothing?

Old 09/30/2008, 11:19 PM
FormerMarine

Tons. Most of her really smart sketches are passed over in favor of baser humor. Her ideal prince would be Neil Patrick Harris. She would like to be in a TV Show that she writes. She never tried out for SNL. As for the movie role disparity she says you are "preaching to the choir."
Old 09/30/2008, 11:23 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Neil Patrick Harris eh? What did she think of Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog?

Old 10/01/2008, 3:28 AM
Obsessed!

I hope she finds someone for a Disney Girl sketch

Do you know if she was asked, if she would come back to guest start on Mad Tv after her contract runs out? Or is she planning on staying away from the sketch comedy world?

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 10/01/2008, 9:30 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I don't understand, are Christians raised to be Republicans?

I'm not sure if this question is asked before, but...

How is Nicole Parker outside the show? The person behind all the impressions and characters?

Old 10/01/2008, 10:11 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I don't understand, are Christians raised to be Republicans?

I'm not sure if this question is asked before, but...
I think we should just drop this all together. I mean this is suppose to be a place where we can pose questions about the wonderful Nicole Parker, and it's morphed into what religions are suppose to do. This message is specifically for Emo_sobi. Just keep you political, and religious idiologies to yourself ok.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 10/01/2008, 10:26 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

I guess that's true. That's why I was so stunned when he/she asked the question.

More on Nicole!

Old 10/01/2008, 12:26 PM
Groggy

I've always thought that Pat-Beth was her best creation!

Quote:
This is Zesty speaking: She is a wonderful cook.
She's awesome at cooking too? So she's talented all around huh!

And i really hope that she'll get more opportunities in Broadway and continue to live her dream!

Thanks Nicole and Zesty!

PS:

Quote:
Tons. Most of her really smart sketches are passed over in favor of baser humor.
Someone should really do something about this..

All the best for the future!
Old 10/01/2008, 1:24 PM
Fresh Meat

whoa,whoa,whoa.....im just tryin to be nice and i think it would of been cool to tell nicole parker about jesus,but i don't think that i need to anymore.She can vote for whoever she wishes too.If Nicole thinks that barak obama can change our nation,then thats ok.I don't hate barak obama.He would make a fabulous president,i think.Now,lets get talking about the coolest person ever!!!!

So,what kind of car does she have?
Old 10/02/2008, 3:11 PM
FormerMarine

As for movies Nicole is shooting a part in the new Judd Apatow movie today. As for Nicole the person - she is the nicest person you could ever hope to meet. Sometimes i think she is too nice to people.