Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1316?
Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song" 0 0%
Dr. Phil: The Spears Family 6 18.75%
Spin Up! 0 0%
24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro 1 3.13%
Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey 1 3.13%
Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre 3 9.38%
Fave 5: Simon Cowell 0 0%
Castmate Elimination Show 1 3.13%
Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game 1 3.13%
Sesame Street: Economic Depression 11 34.38%
Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles 0 0%
Luann Lockhart: The Return 8 25.00%
Commercial: Feed the Babies 0 0%
Closing: Keegan & Cast/Coach Hines Outtakes 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/23/2008, 2:54 PM
Hardcore Fan

My own review: First of all, let me say two things. I really liked this episode. I also am very curious about Blackwind's surprise- I'm hoping a certain former cast member is coming back to the show... Just as long it's not a bad surprise- I don't really want to find out that Tim Conlon is starring in a new movie or something.

Anyways, here goes:
Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song" - A little lame for my taste, but all right. If MADtv wants to do this kind of sketch, I'd rather see Tori McLachlan. But anyway, it had a few funny lines, as well as several lame ones. 3/5

Dr. Phil: The Spears Family: I thought this sketch was great, by the way. Michael did a great job as Dr. Phil, and had several genuinely funny, laugh-out-loud lines. I thought that it was one of the best Dr. Phil sketches MADtv has done. Nicole's impression of Britney has gotten old though. Pretty good sketch. 4/5

Spin Up! - A great concept. I've actually been unfortunate enough to see a film or two like this in real life, so I can see where they were going here. Nice to see Daheli with a stellar performance as well. 4/5

24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro - Hmmm.... I didn't think it was the greatest 24 sketch by any stretch of the imagination, but it was perfectly all right. 2.5/5

Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey, Fave 5: Simon Cowell, Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles - F-I-L-L-E-R. 2/5

Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre - I thought this sketch was great, bang on- the best sketch of the night, contrary to popular opinion. The whole outside thing really worked. Another Coach Hines classic. I think Hines has to rank as one of my most favorite characters all time on the show, and certainly my most favorite current recurring character. 5/5

Castmate Elimination Show - Paula Abdul (Nicole Parker) made this sketch. A nice send-off for Bobby, or was it? They kind of left his coming back up in the air, which I guess it is. He may come back for a few episodes next year like Nicole, I suppose. 4.5/5

Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game - Pretty good sketch. Stephnie Weir would have been great as the mom, but Arden didn't do a bad job. 3.5/5

Sesame Street: Economic Depression - Keegan's character cracks me up all the time. Not the greatest Sesame Street sketch, but still a solid 4/5.

Luann Lockhart: The Return - I loved this. My favorite of the Luann sketches. Some geniunely funny lines without the crying/melodramatics that have diminished the quality of these sketches in the past. 5/5

Commercial: Feed the Babies - Not funny. 1.5/5

Closing: Keegan & Cast/Coach Hines Outtakes - Nicole/Michael/Keegan/Jordan better not be leaving, because if they've blown the chance of having one of those cast members say goodbye to the fans, the writers should all be fired.

Old 05/23/2008, 2:56 PM
Hardcore Fan

Oh, did I mention that I thought it was the best episode of the season, deserving FIVE stars?
Old 05/24/2008, 2:59 PM
Fresh Meat

Credit Card Song – I’ve never heard the song before so I didn’t even know it was a parody but I thought it was a good opening song. Nothing creative here but cocaine mules and exploding condom jokes never get old. 2.5/5

Dr. Phil Spears Family – It wasn’t as good as last year’s HD camera sketch where Dr. Phil was promoting his gaydar hat but it had some moments, just not laugh out loud. 2.5/5

Spin Up – I had always hoped for a “Step Up” parody but the sign spinning thing just didn’t cut it for me. Daheli’s minor role as a crack addict was the funniest part. This sketch probably deserves a 2.5 but I’ll give it a 3.5 just because Crista looked really sexy in a blonde wig.

24 with Bobby Lee – I remember the first 24 being absolutely brilliant but now they’re all the same basic formula.
1. Special guest tries to wake up Bobby.
2. They do something really disgusting together.
3. Bobby gets kicked around some more.
4. I die a little inside.
I have nothing against Bobby but he’s done the same schtick so many times, just him something a little different for once. 2.5/5

Coach Hines Paintball – The comedic interaction between Bobby and Keegan is priceless especially when the coach invades Yaminashi’s personal space. Plus those camoflauge shorts are hilarious. 4/5

Castmate elimination – As I was watching this, I started thinking is this just a joke or maybe the writer’s really think of bobby as being useless? Or am I analyzing this too deeply? It just seemed like an insulting last sketch for someone who’s been on the show for this long. The judges and Bobby were pretty good in this sketch and deliver some funny lines. 3/5

GTA Board Game – Being a GTA fan, I would love to have this board game but the sketch idea just seemed to be a remake of several other “violent Family board game” sketches. 2.5/5

Sesame Street – It looks odd that this was shot in a park but if you look at the background, all of the houses are boarded up and abandoned which just adds to the joke. This looked like the kind of park where drug deals go on during the night. Again the greatest moment was the interaction between Bobby and Keegan where Gordon unexpectedly slaps Billy’s hand for taking ice cream. 4.5/5

Luann Lockhart – I was looking forward to see Luann again but I was hoping for some more variety to pull away a bit from Luann’s usual repertoire or an unexpected twist in her performance. Still it was good overall and the microphone to the face was cute. 4/5

Overall, it’s not one of the greatest season finales, but a slow improvement over the other episodes this season. SNL’s finale wasn’t all that much better and they had Steve Carell. I also noticed SNL sort of ripped off a sketch from Madtv in their finale, guess they’re low on ideas too.
Old 05/25/2008, 9:04 AM
Hardcore Fan

Personally, anyone who thought SNL's finale was better than MADtv's is insane. I like Carell but the thing about SNL is that its writers are constrained by having to write jokes that a) won't be too offensive b) that won't insult any of the celebrities that they plan on inviting to host c) I really think they have their own political agenda. What that is, I'm not quite sure.

Ever notice how SNL cast members suddenly are much funnier once they've left (eg. Tina Fey)?
Old 05/25/2008, 9:37 AM
Hardcore Fan

I don't know... I thought that SNL was marginally better. If this season finale had been all the same stuff, just back in the S12 format, I think it would have kicked SNL's rear, but its the format that killed it, and I find SNL more enjoyable to watch.
Old 05/25/2008, 9:50 AM
Fresh Meat

Guys, SNL is better than MadTV at the moment. MadTV is now painful to watch. Can't you see??? Anybody who can live through 24 with Bobby Lee is a hero to me. I'm so close to letting go of MadTV. The Finale for SNL was tons times better. And all your critism on SNL is ridiculous. You guys are so self consious on your show, that you critisize the only other established sketch show out there.

SNL has gone through bad periods (i.e: 1980-1981, 1994-1995) and just dry periods (2002-2005) so maybe this is just a bad period for MadTV. and when I say bad, I mean SNL's 1980-1981 season bad. So, next season is the test.

They have to get new producers also, and new writers. And the cast is kind of a joke right now.
Old 05/25/2008, 10:24 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourgoinjr312 View Post
Guys, SNL is better than MadTV at the moment. MadTV is now painful to watch. Can't you see??? Anybody who can live through 24 with Bobby Lee is a hero to me. I'm so close to letting go of MadTV. The Finale for SNL was tons times better. And all your critism on SNL is ridiculous. You guys are so self consious on your show, that you critisize the only other established sketch show out there.

SNL has gone through bad periods (i.e: 1980-1981, 1994-1995) and just dry periods (2002-2005) so maybe this is just a bad period for MadTV. and when I say bad, I mean SNL's 1980-1981 season bad. So, next season is the test.

They have to get new producers also, and new writers. And the cast is kind of a joke right now.
It's constructive criticism. Take a look around at the other threads for the episodes this season, and you will be surprised that we criticize MADtv just as heavily. No one is being self-conscious about MADtv; sure there may be a couple of us on here who have preference for MADtv over SNL, but opinions are just opinions. Me saying that MADtv's season finale was better than SNL's is just an opinion, similar to you saying that SNL's was better, etc.

As far as the cast goes for MADtv this season, they are not a joke. What bothers me is when people say that the show lost its classiness and humor when Alex Borsten, Will Sasso, Phil LaMarr, Nicole Sullivan, Mo Collins, and Debra Wilson left the show. Newsflash folks: they can't stay on the show forever. Why do you think so many people got tired of seeing Stuart? Because he's been there since Season 4, and was constantly used over and over again. The point is, the alumni did their work and left to pursue other ventures outside of sketch comedy. How many Ms. Swan sketches could you possibly endure before it gets old and dried up? Or Lorraine? Or Vancome Lady? Or Kenny Rogers? Or for that matter, Oprah as the devil? While I respect the alumni for their work, I don't think it's fair that people claim the current cast is a joke. Nicole Parker, Jordan Peele, and Keegan-Michael Key are 3 of the strongest performers on the show. Crista Flanagan is a doll, but is underused and when on air can dish out a very decent performance; not to mention, she has improved over the years especially during Season 12. Bobby and Michael have been on for a while, and the whole "Bobby is gross, let's vomit because he's Asian" joke has gone stale for years now. With the exceptions of Arden, who barely does something people like, Johnny who's had limited airtime, and the two promising FP's Dan and Daheli, the cast to me is not a joke. But do recall, this is just an opinion.

When you compare that to SNL, the only true gems that stick out are Kristen, Amy, probably Fred Armisen, and on some occasion Will Forte. Darrell has been on for 13 years, and hasn't been on air as much. Seth transitioned into being a writer for the show, similar to the goddess Tina Fey. Bill Hader doesn't stand out too much for me, and I question why they even cast Kenan Thompson's Nickelodeon ass in the first place. Jason and Andy: Andy is overrated, and Jason, like Bill, doesn't stand out too much. Their FP, Casey Wilson is also pretty decent. My problem with this current cast of SNL, is that there doesn't seem to be A) a balance and B) on-air chemistry between them. Take a look back at pairs such Cheri Oteri and Will Farrell, or Tina and Amy, hell even Horatio and Jimmy. Right now that's what's hurting SNL. MADtv had suffered the same thing during Seasons 7-10 because of the constant rotation and departure of castmembers. If you ask me, however, criticizing one show's cast calling them a joke doesn't make it any better than someone from here "criticizing" SNL.

We all respect MADtv and SNL for their tenures, but in reality they're just TV shows and fans will have opinions no matter what.

Old 05/25/2008, 10:40 AM
Hardcore Fan

Exactly.

I think it's also fair to say that when Jordan, Keegan, Michael & Nicole do end up leaving, people will be saying the same things about how all the good cast members are gone. MADtv, just like any good sketch comedy, has the ability to regenerate itself year after year after year, just like they did after Season 7 when it hit its low point.

I agree completely with JustG- I've just never been a fan of the recent years of SNL. I've tried to watch it a few times this year, and each time, I find myself more disappointed.

The bottom line: This was a writer's strike year. Things didn't work out like people thought they would. It was a bad year. But by no means should anybody be giving up on MADtv.
Old 05/25/2008, 3:36 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder8484 View Post

The bottom line: This was a writer's strike year. Things didn't work out like people thought they would. It was a bad year. But by no means should anybody be giving up on MADtv.

It was a writers strike year, but to be honest I think that it was the new format that killed it, the material was still good (most of it), but the new format is a horrible format for this show.

And side comment: Tina Fey has always been hilarious

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 05/25/2008, 7:26 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post

Anyway, keep the full reviews coming! If we hit 15 or more this week, I'll reveal a special surprise!
so I'm curious.....what was this surprise????

-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
Old 05/25/2008, 8:23 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Well, the surprise to me, at least, is that 8.5 now qualifies as greater than or equal to 15. Didn't see that one coming!

Old 05/26/2008, 9:17 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Eric Violette: "The Credit Card Song" *3.5 Stars* (WELL I CAME IN THIS ONE LATER ON AROUND 11:01PM SO I SAW NOT ALL OF IT AND I DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT WAS UNTIL I SAW THE RE-RUN LAST WEEK AND AFTER SEEING IT, IT WAS GOOD. DAN OSTER FINALLY DID SOMETHING THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A HOST.

Dr. Phil: The Spears Family *5 STARS* (REALLY FUNNY BUT IM SURPRISED THAT THEY DID NOT MAKE BRITNEY THE STAR ATTRACTION LIKE ALL THE TIME AND, IT WAS A REALLY GOOD SKETCH AND I THINK MICHAEL, ARDEN, AND NICOLE DID THE BEST AT IT.

Spin Up! *3 STARS* IT WAS OK, BUT THE FUNNY PART WAS HOW PALE JORDAN PEELE FACE WAS...LOL

24 with Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro *4 STARS* BOBBY LEE DID GOOD FOR HIS LAST EPISODE, WELL RUMORED LAST EPISODE 24 WITH BOBBY LEE PARODY, BUT I WAS THINKING THEY WOULD PUT SOMEONE ELSE UP THERE LIKE ONE OF THE CAST MEMBERS COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT.

Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey *3 STARS* I ACTUALLY LIKED IT, IT WAS HILARIOUS FOR A FILLER

Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre *3 STARS* IT WAS FUNNY BECAUSE JORDAN PEELE WAS IN IT, I THINK THAT PEELE SHOULD OF GOT MORE AIR TIME THAN BOBBY BUT IT IS FINE A WELL PRODUCED SKETCH; I AM LIKING HOW MAD TV IS FILMING IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.

Fave 5: Simon Cowell *3 STARS* ONLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE REAL SIMON COWELL

Castmate Elimination Show *5 STARS* TOO ME WAS THE BEST SKETCH OF THE NIGHT BECAUSE SAID ARDEN AND CRISTA WAS THE WORST AND THEY WERE UNFUNNY AND HE WISH THAT THEY WERE UNALIVED, I LAUGH SO HARD AND ALSO I LIKED HOW THEY WERE SENDING BOBBY OFF, BUT I REALLY THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE GOING TO GIVE HIM A TRIBUTE, LOL BUT WHAT CAN I TELL YA.

Grand Theft Auto - The Board Game *4 STARS* IT WAS AWESOME BECAUSE I BEAT THE GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO IV ALREADY AND I SAW THIS SKETCH IN THE SAME NIGHT, I TRULY BELIEVED IT MIGHT NOT REACH THE STAND POINT AND THE GTA THE SHOW THAT MAD DID A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT IT WAS GOOD.

Sesame Street: Economic Depression *3 STARS* WELL IT MIGHT BE THE MOST POPULAR SKETCH TO MOST OF MAD FANS ON HERE BUT IT WAS OK, I THINK IT DOES NOT FIT THE NEW FORMULA AND TOO ME NOT ALL THAT FUNNY BUT IT WAS GOOD TOO SEE SOME SESAME STREET.

Fave 5: Beyonce Knowles *2 STAR* NOT AS FUNNY AS THE PREVIOUS TWO AND THAT IS ALL I AM GOING TO SAY

Luann Lockhart: The Return *4 STARS* I LOVED IT, IT WAS SO FUNNY AND FOR ONCE HER CHARACTER FITS IN A BROADWAY STAGE, TOO ME IT WAS REALLY GOOD THAT THEY DID THAT BECAUSE THE CROWD WAS TOO ME ACTUALLY SUPRISE THAT THERE WAS LUANN LOCKHART AND SO WAS I.

Commercial: Feed the Babies *1 STAR* TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I DO NOT REMEMBER THAT SKETCH, MOVING ON...

Closing: Keegan & Cast/Coach Hines Outtakes *3 STAR* MICHAEL OR NICOLE SHOULD HAVE CLOSED IT EVEN THOUGH THIS WAS KEEGAN'S YEAR ON THE SHOW SO IT KIND OF MAKE SENSE.

OVERALL: *5 STAR* TOO ME THIS EPISODE AND SEASON WAS ACTUALLY REALLY GREAT IF YOU LOOK AT THE SKETCHES FROM..WELL SOME OF THE SKETCHES FROM EPISODES 1309, EPISODE 1310, AND EPISODE 1311 THEY WERE ACTUALLY GOOD AND SOME PEOPLE SAY THE WORST SEASON, WELL IN MY OPINION IT WAS REALLY GOOD SEASON, IT WAS JUST THE STRIKE AND I AM KIND OF SHOCKED BECAUSE MICHAEL MCDONALD WAS PUSHED TO DO STUART SINCE SEASON 11, BECAUSE SEASON 10 MICHAEL LOOKED LIKE HE ENJOY DOING STUART STILL BUT AFTER THAT HE KIND OF STARTED TO NOT LIKE IT AND I AM SURPRISE THERE IS NO STUART AND I HOPE MICHAEL DOES STUART WHEN THE PREMIERE COMES IN SEPTEMBER, LIKE I SAID GOOD SEASON THANK GOD NICOLE IS BACK FOR HER 6TH SEASON AND I HOPE SHE DECIDES TO STAY FOR THE WHOLE SEASON AND COME BACK ONCE AGAIN IF THERE IS A 15TH SEASON AND I HOPE BOBBY IS BACK NEXT YEAR AS WELL AS CRISTA, JORDAN, KEEGAN, MICHAEL, OSTER, HALL AND I KNOW ARDEN IS BACK NEXT YEAR BASICALLY I GIVE MAD A 4.5 STAR FOR THIS YEAR.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MAD AWARDS FOR SEASON 13
Old 05/26/2008, 9:59 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Heheh my first ever full review, hope it turns out okay!

The Credit Card Song - 3/5
I've always liked songs on MADtv, so I admit I have a soft spot for this. I had a few chuckles from the lyrics, and was amused by the whole 'Prison Rape' thing. Maybe it's my culture, but I didn't find the rubber cocaine joke funny.

Dr. Phil with the Spears Family - 4.5/5
Really funny with all the jokes ("Say hello to Tweedledum and Tweedledee") and the impressions were really great! Took off half a star because a worker's hand can be seen tossing the babies to the audience. Yep, I'm picky.

Spin Up! - 2/5
I didn't really understand this whole thing. I know this is a parody of Step Up, but I didn't like those and didn't like this too. The whole humor was thrown off with moments of 'Huh?'. But seeing Crista dressing so made it all worthwhile, heheheh.

24 With Bobby Lee - 2.5/5
It wasn't really that funny after so many times, plus the topic here isn't really that funny. It started out okay but I think the whole Blind Girl thing blew it for me. It could have been better, way better. But this is better than Spin Up! because at least I could understand the jokes here.

Fave 5s - 1/5
Come on. I mean really, come on! What was this whole thing all about? I was going 'What?' all the time. Again, maybe it's my culture (maybe not), but I thought they could have better fillers, or none at all. Simon Cowell was the funniest though. And I use the term funniest loosely.

Coach Hines: PaintBall - 4/5
I never watched a Coach Hines sketch prior to this, but it's really great. The constant threats were hilarious and Jordan's and Bobby's characters really shine. Keegan's voice was funny too. And I liked how the ending goes, where the Coach got all emotional and Bobby just joked about it all. Really funny.

Castmate Elimination - 3/5
It was okay, just okay. How many American Idol jokes have we seen? And I don't just mean MADtv. This could have been a 4 for me, because I had high hopes of a nice tribute and sendoff to Bobby. But my hopes crashed down, and I felt ripped off. The judges were great, Crista was wonderful... I liked it.

GTA Board Game - 3.5/5
This would be really cool as a real board game! Plus, Dan Oster as the brother was funny. The jokes cracked me up, Crista was in it (though uglified), and it was nice.

Sesame Street: Economic Depression - 4.5/5
Oh yeah man, another Sesame Street sketch! This one was the least favourite of mine so far in the series. There's so much I can complain about. Crista's hair got messed up, it's filmed outside, the song's pre-recorded and doesn't have that feel anymore, the dance's was weird and the actors feel really down in the sketch. Perhaps it was the unhappiness over the change of set, the actors don't have the cheer and happiness as in previous skits. Even Crista seemed less sunny, with her smiles getting smaller and lesser. But hey, it's another Sesame Street sketch, and I get to see Crista as Sally! That brings the whole score up to 4.5. And yep, I'm slightly biased. Maybe not just slightly.

Luann Lockhart - 4/5
Boy oh boy, it's Luann! Again, like the Sesame Street sketch, Crista seems off form here. Her nervousness and awkwardness has decreased now. But still, the jokes made me laugh, and Crista's always really cute when she does Luann. So, it's 4 stars for her!

Commercial: Feed the Babies - Is this even in the show?! I don't remember this.

Overall, the show was great, with more of Crista and more of Sesame Street. The finale was a bit tame though, but at least we get a promise of a next season (I hope). I don't bother watching SNL (I don't know if it's good or bad), so I won't get involved in the dispute over the finales!

Oh and the outtakes were funny, everyone screwed up one way or the other

Man, I wish Bobby won't be leaving!
Old 05/27/2008, 6:28 AM
Fresh Meat

This is my first ever review and post. I can’t deny the fact that I was somewhat of a “lurker”, but I have found the light and am now reviewing this episode.

Eric Violette: The Credit Card Song: As a British citizen I am not aware of the actual commercial, but it was pretty funny nonetheless. It’s nice to see Dan doing different stuff other than announcing.

Dr. Phil: The Spears Family: I’ve never been a huge fan of the Britney Spears sketches, because I don’t really follow her shenanigans, mainly because I don’t care. But I think the sketch was pretty good, Nicole was great, I like Crista as the mother and Arden was pretty good to. As usual Michael did a great job, as Dr Phil, I’m surprised Oprah didn’t make an appearance, seeing as Dr Phil and Oprah are usually together.

Spin Up!: I have unfortunately seen this type of film and I can safely say that this was a great sketch, that was pretty accurate. I liked Keegan as the old guy and Crista is the hot school girl. Michael did a great job directing it also.

24 wit Bobby Lee: Dave Navarro: I quite liked this one, it wasn’t his best but it was still funny. Dave was pretty funny also and I liked the scene at the end when they were in bed, I felt glad for Bobby.

Fave 5: Oprah Winfrey/Simon Cowell/Beyonce Knowles: I can’t say I cared for these, but why did Dan do Simons voice, Michael usually does.

Coach Hines: Paintball Massacre: I thought this was pretty damn funny. Yamanashi was great, so was Jordan’s character. Although Bobby’s laughter was missed I still enjoyed the sketch and I think it was the best one this episode.:halfstar:

Castmate Elimination Show: I really liked this sketch and it would have been a great way for announcing Bobby’s departure, if he is departing. The judges were all portrayed well. Like everyone else I’m a little confused about the faeces tea party and rhyming bus driver, maybe they were cut, unless it was just meant to be a joke.

Grand Theft Auto: The Board Game: I liked how they used the music from the game show sketch, if you remembered it you’d be one of the few who probably didn’t ask why the hell did they use background music sounding like a 1980’s game show. Anyway it was an OK sketch, but it was not great, the cast did a pretty good job which helped to improve it.

Sesame Street: Economic Depression: I like the Sesame Street sketches, and it is good to have a variety in the sets, which I thought was a fault with the original set of sketches, they used the same set all the time. Anyway it had some pretty good stuff and I liked the use of the puppets again. :halfstar:

Luann Lockhart: The Return: Great to see Luann back, she’s a great character and what’s helpful is that she can be anywhere, like the Music Box Theatre. It wasn’t the best Luann sketch but it was still pretty good, whenever I see her crying I want to give her a hug. :halfstar:

Commercial: Feed The Babies: It’s a shame that this was the last sketch of the season.

Closing: I think these could have been improved by making them more fun, maybe Stuart could have closed the show, that way we could have a little bit of him, and the closing could be more entertaining. I dunno.

In summation, it was a pretty good episode, I had slightly higher expectations, but it wasn't a bad way to end the season. Lets hope for a great 14th Season!
Old 05/27/2008, 8:33 AM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Well, the surprise to me, at least, is that 8.5 now qualifies as greater than or equal to 15. Didn't see that one coming!
well it happens sometimes.....

now it's 11.5!

Old 05/27/2008, 1:44 PM
Hardcore Fan

I personally thought 15 reviews was a bit of a lofty goal, but we're getting there. 3.5 to go. I think we need more of the veteran posters to step up here. I really want Blackwind to reveal this surprise!
Old 05/27/2008, 10:25 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Come on people! Or perhaps the 'lurkers' would like to contribute to our cause?

And where did the .5 come from heh.
Old 05/28/2008, 12:30 AM
26/07/16!!

I would post a review but ive only seen a few of the sketches off youtube, i dont really like doing half reviews of episodes unless ive seen the whole thing.

Old 05/28/2008, 5:49 AM
Hardcore Fan

You can't do a full review from Youtube but you can probably review most sketches. I'd imagine that by now, all the sketches except the filler are on Youtube, and nobody really needs the filler.
Old 05/28/2008, 5:18 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
And where did the .5 come from heh.
Adam still hasn't finished his.