Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1307?
Whitney Houston: "I Pulled Through" 2 5.71%
Opening: Tribute to the Dummy 0 0%
Lorraine Wins a Trip 16 45.71%
Montage: Mo's Sexy Characters 3 8.57%
Beowulf: A Movie Based on Clif Notes 2 5.71%
Gotcha! Squad: Pickpocketing 1 2.86%
Meeting Debra Wilson 3 8.57%
Rice & Beans Tour - Part II 1 2.86%
Doing Drugs for Children 4 11.43%
Stand-Up Performance: Steve Byrne 2 5.71%
MAD Encore: Raging Rudolph 0 0%
Closing: Keegan Thanks Debra & Mo 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/17/2007, 9:28 PM
zlolz

This episode is such a disappointment so far.

The alumni are great (all two of them), but everything else sucks. And the alumni don't even have too many parts. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it was because of the writers strike.

Old 11/17/2007, 9:57 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Rice & Beans, some random comic, and the return of encores for the 300th episode? Are you kidding me?

Old 11/17/2007, 10:00 PM
zlolz

Whitney Houston: Pulling Through: I missed a little bit of this, but overall, this was pretty funny. Not as funny as it could've been, but Debra pulled in a good effort. Pretty good.
Open: The Dummy: Not bad, actually. The ending saved it. Nothing amazing, nothing awful.
Lorraine Wins a Trip: THIS was hilarious...I would've liked an on-stage sketch better, but come on, this is Season 13. Still hilarious though. Lorraine's still got it!
Mo's Past on MADtv: Flashback crap, but Nicole looked hot. and an extra star, , for Nicole's hotness.
ClifNotes: This reminded me of one of this crappy text "sketches" from Season 11. Crappy! Nice to see an animation-type thing though.
Gotcha! Action News: Total crap. Jordan and Nicole put their best in truly crappy writing.
Debra & Jordan: This was HILARIOUS...oh man, it was short, but it was great. I loved every minute of this. Debra did an AWESOME job.
Rice & Beans Tour Part II: They couldn't just, like, put a kick-ass sketch with Debra and Mo in place of this? This was probably supposed to be in next week's ep and the writers strike effected it, but still. Did Johnny even DO anything in this? I hate these. Hopefully they pull an "On the Download" and pull the plug on it early on because it sucks so much.
Parents on Drugs: Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Steve Byrnes Comedy: Are you KIDDING me? A TOTALLY random guest star for the 300TH EPISODE?. He was kinda funny, but it's ridiculous that they did this. Obviously just filler because of Will and Alex opting out.
MAD Encore: Raging Rudolph: Great sketch, but an ENCORE? At least they picked a good encore. (5 stars originally, -1 for encore, AND minus another one for the fact that it was the 300th episode)

Overall - What.the.hell. The episode we've been waiting for since like, Season 11, was...this. Mo and Debra were hardly on, first of all. Second of all, the sketches they weren't in were HORRID. This show really needs to get it's crap together, because this episode and last week were horrendous episodes. I miss Season 12 so much. I wish Season 12 had the 300th episode, then it would've been as awesome as it should've been.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say the writers strike and Alex and Will opting out of the 300th at the last minute was what made it suck. But I still have to give it a 3/10. If Mo and Debra wasn't there, it'd be probably, like, a 0.5/10.

Episode MVP: The only good sketches of the night belonged to, of course, Mo and Debra. So they are the obvious MVPs. Other then that, well, the cast did their best with really, really poor material...what material was THERE, anyway. And Arden didn't even appear at all in this episode, did she?

I'm so disappointed in this show this season.

On a lighter note - the previewed sketches next week look HILARIOUS. I bet Nicole and Jordan wrote the Umbrella parody. That's what this show needs, the cast needs to start writing the sketches, since they're the only good people left on this show.

Last edited by Rurry; 11/18/2007 at 1:49 PM.
Old 11/17/2007, 10:01 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

THIS for a 300th episode? Wow. It was good to see Debra & Mo, both looked great. Other than that, BOOOOOOOOOOO.... And wtf was that standup guy? Is this gonna be a new thing, off the street comics doing cheezy standup bits?

Old 11/17/2007, 10:07 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

I Just saw MADtv and it was ok, it was not bad, it got BAD in the 11:40 p.m Mark, lol

thank god arden myrin did appear

WHERE ARE THE CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!

i have not seen onE active character!!!
Old 11/17/2007, 10:08 PM
zlolz

Where is the comedy? That's a better question.

I know we're three episodes in and the premiere was decent, but I don't understand how this show went from Season 12 to ...this.

Old 11/17/2007, 10:30 PM
Bender: still great

WHAT DID I SAY MADFAN? WHO SAID THE 300TH EPISODE WOULD SUCK BALLS?? All I can say is, you owe me big time.

Even if I said that they wouldn't do anything special for the 300th, I think the end result justifies the means. SO THERE

Old 11/17/2007, 10:35 PM
zlolz

I think that after the writers strike ends, they'll give us a REAL 300th episode.

Wait, what I am saying? This is MADtv we're talking about. Although out of ALL of the dumbass things MADtv has done over the years, this takes the cake as the worst.

Old 11/18/2007, 12:22 AM
Obsessed!

I'm shocked they didn't throw in a new stuart w/ doreen.....I TIVO'ed it at my home....so on thanksgiving break from college I can go watch it....althought I'm not a Lorraine fan...i was hopeing for different characters from MO, but I realize that's her main one. I really hope MAD changes back to something that works...because if the format for this one was the same as the first episode....it's going to be a LONG season....and not to sound like a negative person but it could also result in being the LAST season.....but lets hope not. From the looks of it...the 200th episode was way better.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 11/18/2007, 1:21 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Check out our backstage photos from #1307!

Old 11/18/2007, 8:58 AM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I'm shocked they didn't throw in a new stuart w/ doreen.....I TIVO'ed it at my home....so on thanksgiving break from college I can go watch it....althought I'm not a Lorraine fan...i was hopeing for different characters from MO, but I realize that's her main one. I really hope MAD changes back to something that works...because if the format for this one was the same as the first episode....it's going to be a LONG season....and not to sound like a negative person but it could also result in being the LAST season.....but lets hope not. From the looks of it...the 200th episode was way better.
Don't get your hopes high at all...the format was the same, and Debra and Mo both had 2 sketches each. Everything else was a large pile of crap.

Old 11/18/2007, 10:32 AM
Fresh Meat

Default 300th episode review

I'm as not much of a fan as I use to be but I tuned to the 300th expecting something special. Mo and Debra looked great and brought back fond memories of the old show everyone loved. But their sketches weren't even all that good compared to Whitney/Lorraine sketches written 7 years ago. Still that was the only highlight. It's basically 3 sketches and a bunch of fillers. The guest stars were never great to begin with since the show's inception but now it's just Bobby Lee's friends who make appearances (Carlos Mencia, Steve Byrne). It doesn't look to get any better either (Kathy Griffin). I would have at least preferred Ken Jeong who's much funnier than Steve. Shamefully I have to admit Spike Feresten was hilarious last night. Also noticed Spike has a nice new set. I guess that's where FOX's budget went.
Old 11/18/2007, 11:24 AM
Crista's biggest fan

I voted for the parents doing drugs because it gave Crista a chance to act concerned. And how cute she was acting so concerned.

I also noticed that they put in the Jordan pick pocketing sketch into this episode instead of episode 301#

Can anyone tell me what Crista siad when she introduced that one part? I missed her intro! (I was foolishly on another channel momentarily)

Last edited by AwYeahKrumpin; 11/18/2007 at 11:27 AM. Reason: im a foo
Old 11/18/2007, 1:43 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

What the fuck? This episode only got two stars?

I thought it was pretty good. Not 1305 great, which is kinda disappointing for the 300th episode, but I enjoyed it. I thought the Encore was a little disappointing, but at least they chose one from Season 1 instead of one from last year.

The standup was great. I don't know who that guy was, but I loved it.

The Rice and Beans tour was actually pretty good, but it was a little out of place and inappropriate for the 300th episode.

The only sketches I wasn't really crazy about were the drugs sketch and maybe the Lorraine one. Other than that, I thought it turned out pretty well, especially given the circumstances.

So, I give it a , but I'm gonna vote 5 stars 'cause I think it's bullshit that the rating is so low.

Old 11/18/2007, 1:47 PM
zlolz

Come on though...for the 300th episode, you have to admit that "pretty good" doesn't exactly cut it. (although the term i'd use for this episode is "pretty shitty" )

Old 11/18/2007, 1:57 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Maybe, maybe not. But I think this episode is getting WAY too much shit.

Also, you owe me money, cag! You rat bastard.

Old 11/18/2007, 1:59 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

And another thing, this is a hell of a lot more than what they did for the 100th episode, so I don't see what the problem is.

Old 11/18/2007, 2:08 PM
zlolz

But in the 100th episode, they only had four years behind them. Now they have twelve. Plus, the sketches in the 100th episode were only about 943232443232x funnier then the ones in this episode.

Old 11/18/2007, 3:30 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I watched, go me.

Whitney Houston: "I Pulled Through" - Lame, Whitney Houston IS. NOT. RELEVANT. ANYMORE. Get over it. I would have loved a good Bunifa sketch instead of this. 1.5/5

Opening: Tribute to the Dummy - Cute, but not funny. At least it was short..? 1/5

Lorraine Wins a Trip - I effing love Lorraine, and this was great. Love. 5/5

Montage: Mo's Sexy Characters - Yeah, Mo had some fug characters. It was nice that they brought her onstage, even if it was for a short amount of time. I didn't expect her to appear outside of the Lorraine sketch. Nothing too special though. 2.5/5

Beowulf: A Movie Based on Clif Notes - No. 0/5

Gotcha! Squad: Pickpocketing - Eek. This was so bad. I expected it to be so much better, being that Nicole and Jordan were in it...but it was not. 1/5

Meeting Debra Wilson - This was mildly funny, thanks to Debra, but it doesn't make up for them wasting her guest appearance. 2.5/5

Rice & Beans Tour - Part II - I didn't see the first one. Ok, shoot me, I thought this was actually kind of funny. Mainly because of those two weird dudes, but Bobby wasn't so bad, and Johnny was...just sitting there, but whatever. I'll agree with MADfan that it was inappropriate for the 300th episode. 3/5

Doing Drugs for Children - This was lame, I did not dig this. Plus side: Crista didn't overact, that was nice. 1/5

Stand-Up Performance: Steve Byrne - Anjelah was better. It was funny when he called Bobby "Baby Maddox" though. 1.5/5

MAD Encore: Raging Rudolph - This was better than most of the stuff in this episode, but no encores on the 300th, please. 3/5

Closing: Keegan Thanks Debra & Mo - It's a closing, whatevs.

Overall - Not 300th episode material. Outside of Lorraine, nothing was spectacular to me, and they wasted Debra's appearance on a lame Whitney sketch. I don't know what else to say.

ETA: I guess I do know what else to say. THANK GOD there was not a Stuart sketch. That is all.
Old 11/18/2007, 4:26 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I will say this much--this is the reason why I actually give credit to the 300th episode. Unlike the 200th episode which aired during SEASON 9, the 300th WAS NOT--I REPEAT--NOT a night dedicated to the alumni like the 200th was. Part of the problem with the 200th was that they devoted the entire hour to the returning cast members to try and put out the message of "how good they were" and not even giving the newer members any credit. This episode we got last night actually dedicated more time to the current cast members and it was good in the sense that it was a valued effort at earning them some respect. We didn't get a spectacular 300th episode, but we still have the rest of the season ahead of us which will most definitely feature alumni cast members. Even though things look grim, I have faith that the show will recover because like Whitney's song last night the show will come through--the writer's strike just needs to end already and they need to get rid of that whack ass Rice & Beans Tour.