Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1305?
Britney Spears: "Make Some Changes" 8 25.81%
Opening: Welcome to Season 13! 0 0%
Meeting Carlos Mencia: Crista & Arden 0 0%
Meeting Carlos Mencia: Bobby 0 0%
24 with Bobby Lee: Carlos Mencia 2 6.45%
Fifty Cent: "Sad Fitty Cent" 5 16.13%
Jen's New Boyfriend 0 0%
To Catch a Predator: Melvin Dufrane 7 22.58%
Introducing Johnny Sanchez 5 16.13%
Red Carpet: Family Guy's 100th Episode 1 3.23%
Meeting Carlos Mencia: Keegan & Johnny 0 0%
To Catch a Predator: Master Chief 2 6.45%
Closing: Johnny Gets Deported 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10/28/2007, 3:10 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S13E05 (Aired 2007-11-03)

Britney Spears: "Make Some Changes"
Keegan begins to introduce everyone to the thirteenth season of MADtv, when all of a sudden someone rams into his brand new convertible...which incidentally happens to be Britney Spears (Nicole Parker) in her Land Rover. After discovering this, Keegan introduces the rest of the cast to Miss Spears, with Britney initially complementing Crista Flanagan about her breasts - then smacking her. Britney then decides to perform for the MADtv audience, similar to her comeback performance at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards, in a song about all the changes that occurred during the summer break.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Nicole Parker (Britney Spears), Crista Flanagan (herself), Arden Myrin (herself), Jordan Peele (himself)

Opening: Welcome to Season 13!
Michael and Bobby open Season 13 talking about the new home of MADtv, the Music Box Theater. They explain the new bar, this week's guest star Carlos Mencia, and the fact that Bobby has literally moved into the Music Box Theater.

Credits: Bobby Lee (himself), Michael McDonald (himself)

Meeting Carlos Mencia: Crista & Arden
Crista and Arden meet Carlos Mencia at the bar and throw him a stereotypical mexican fiesta, including the Mexican Hat Dance, mariachi music, and dancers. At first, Carlos is appalled, but once they bring out the young Mexican dancer, he doesn't seem to mind - that is, until a random costumed man from the street arrives and strangles him.

Credits: Carlos Mencia (himself), Crista Flanagan (herself), Arden Myrin (herself)

Meeting Carlos Mencia: Bobby
Bobby meets Carlos at the bar and talk about the events of the upcoming 24 with Bobby Lee sketch. After Carlos gets angry and swears, Bobby asks him not to swear because the bar used to be a church, and before that, a mental asylum.

Credits: Carlos Mencia (himself), Bobby Lee (himself)

24 with Bobby Lee: Carlos Mencia
Carlos Mencia wants to meet Bobby Lee at the airport, but since Bobby Lee continues to sleep, he sends Jose to wake him up. Afterwards, they struggle to get comfortable in the airplane, since they have to sit next to a really fat guy, which mananges to continue on for hours until Bobby Lee thinks he finds a Middle Eastern terrorist in one of the bathrooms, who isn't what he seems - he's just a gay man who proposes to his boyfriend. Too bad there WAS another terrorist on board, who had a bomb shaped like a baby. Bobby gets his ass kicked, but Carlos managed to subdue her, with only one problem - nobody can diffuse the bomb. However, the fat guy whom Bobby and Carlos were sitting next to comes out to save the day, but shielding everyone from the blast, with his ass. Naturally, celebration ensues. [Outro provided by Crista Flanagan.]

Credits: Bobby Lee (himself), Carlos Mencia (himself)

Fifty Cent: "Sad Fitty Cent"
Fifty Cent (Jordan Peele) talks to Chris Brown (Keegan-Michael Key) about how his new album is doing, and he tells Fifty it's number two - to Kanye West's new album. This causes to Fifty Cent to sing a melodramatic song about he's torn up inside about this sudden sales outcome, as he said he would quit the music business if it were to happen. [Intro provided by Keegan Michael-Key.]

Credits: Jordan Peele (Fifty Cent), Keegan-Michael Key (Chris Brown), Arden Myrin (Backup Singer), Johnny Sanchez (Backup Singer), Crista Flanagan (Backup Singer)

Jen's New Boyfriend
Jen's parents (Crista Flanagan, Michael McDonald) are eager to meet Jen's (Arden Myrin) new boyfriend, who incidentally is Halo 3's Master Chief (Jordan Peele). Jen's little brother (Bobby Lee) is extremely excited to see him, because he is an avid Halo 3 player, and knows all about him. After being invited to dinner, Master Chief talks about his struggle with the Covenant forces to Jen's family. Unfortunately, Jen's family is Roman Catholic - and Master Chief is Jewish, thus creating a rift between Chief and Jen's family after he leaves to fight the Covenant.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Jen's Mother), Michael McDonald (Jen's Father), Jordan Peele (Master Chief), Arden Myrin (Jen), Bobby Lee (Jen's Little Brother)

To Catch a Predator: Melvin Dufrane
Chris Hansen (Michael McDonald) lures an internet predator (Jordan Peele) who agreed with Dateline's underage decoy (Arden Myrin) that they would have sex together. As expected, Chris Hansen catches the predator, and then beings to interrogate him - yet, the predator doesn't even remotely care about the questions, as he thinks that Chris Hansen wants to sleep with the decoy as well. [Intro provided by Nicole Parker.]

Credits: Michael McDonald (Chris Hansen), Arden Myrin (Underage Decoy), Jordan Peele (Melvin Dufrane), Johnny Sanchez (Police Officer), Keegan-Michael Key (Police Officer)

Introducing Johnny Sanchez
In the first of a four-part series introducing the show's new cast members, Johnny Sanchez performs his stand-up routine. [Intro provided by Bobby Lee.]

Credits: Johnny Sanchez (himself)

Red Carpet: Family Guy's 100th Episode
Arden Myrin goes to the Family Guy 100th episode premiere, meets the cast of the cartoon (Mila Kunis, Seth Green, Seth McFarlane, Alex Borstein) along with others (Dr. Drew, Jane Lynch), and also pitches ideas for new shows as well. [Intro provided by Arden Myrin.]

Credits: Arden Myrin (herself)

Meeting Carlos Mencia: Keegan & Johnny
Keegan meets Carlos at the bar this time, but Carlos is offended when Keegan forces him to take a citizenship test and Johnny does an impression of him.

Credits: Carlos Mencia (himself), Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Johnny Sanchez (himself)

To Catch a Predator: Master Chief
The Master Cheif from the Jen's New Boyfriend sketch is back, and this time, he's here to meet a teenage girl he met on the internet. However, then Chris Hansen shows up and Master Cheif realizes he's about to be arrested.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Underage Decoy), Jordan Peele (Master Chief), Michael McDonald (Chris Hansen)

Closing: Johnny Gets Deported
Nicole closes the show and tells the audience some good news, Carlos is a legal immigrant. However, she then explains that Johnny is not, so then immigration comes and takes him away.

Credits: Nicole Parker (herself), Johnny Sanchez (himself), Crista Flanagan (herself), Keegan-Michael Key (himself), Bobby Lee (himself), Michael McDonald (himself), Arden Myrin (herself), Jordan Peele (himself)

---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (3A/0S/0W)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (4A/0S/0W)
  • Bobby Lee (4A/1S/1W)
  • Michael McDonald (4A/1S/0W)
  • Arden Myrin (6A/1S/1W)
  • Nicole Parker (2A/1S/1W)
  • Jordan Peele (5A/3S/2W)
  • Johnny Sanchez (3A/1S/1W)
Guest Starring:
  • Carlos Mencia (4A/4S/0W)
---

Legend:
  • (A)cting Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Role
---

As always, don't forget to submit your full review, vote for your favorite sketch, and rank this episode using our forum's thread rating feature. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Last edited by JustG; 05/09/2008 at 8:49 PM.

Old 10/28/2007, 9:13 AM
zlolz

Sounds like a crappy premiere thus far. Yay!

Old 10/28/2007, 11:33 AM
0ld sk00l

Why the fuck are they doing another 24 Parody? I hate that shit.

My Fanfics
Old 10/29/2007, 12:13 AM
Obsessed!

I would love a new Disney Girl or Wendy Walker as a nice opening surprise for us.........that would be sweet.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 10/29/2007, 2:20 PM
Hardcore Fan

By the way, this might be the most interesting Season premiere for MADtv since maybe Season 3.
Old 10/29/2007, 3:08 PM
zlolz

No...there's been plenty of great season premieres since then, unless you mean it'll be interesting to see the change in the show. Then...I actually agree!

Old 10/29/2007, 6:39 PM
Hardcore Fan

That's what I meant Rurry.
Old 10/30/2007, 1:42 PM
zlolz

I actually agree with you then, Cartman!

Old 10/30/2007, 6:03 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The commercials have been hyping it up the past couple of weeks so yeah I agree with Rurry and cartman; I'm actually interested to see how they changed the show.
Old 10/30/2007, 8:49 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I agree with both Rurry and cartman; and I agree that they're in agreement; and I agree that I agree that they're in agreement, but only if they agree that I agree that I agree that they're in agreement. Agreed?

Well, even though I'm sure that few of you are gushing over the season premiere as it stands thus far, I'm feeling better about this season by the day. I suppose I have to give it up to "MADtv" for not being content to rest on its laurels. If the writing and inspiration are still there, then S13 might just work after all. Make me proud, folks! (Yes, I mean that comment for even Crista and Arden...or should I say especially for Crista and Arden? )

"We can dig it!"
Old 10/30/2007, 8:51 PM
zlolz

I'm just interested to see how much it's changed. I hope it still feels like MADtv!

Old 10/30/2007, 9:22 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I'm sure that it will. These guys and gals love improv so much that they probably can't wait to get started with the new, looser format; however, I have to believe that the actual sketches themselves will still feel like sketches. I mean, would "MADtv" really go out of its way to alienate its fan base altogether? Um, never mind -- don't answer that.

"We can dig it!"
Old 10/31/2007, 2:33 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The only other new sketch previewed on MADtv.com is Britney performing her new single on the new MADtv stage.

Old 10/31/2007, 3:17 PM
Hardcore Fan

I'm really worried about this.
Old 10/31/2007, 3:18 PM
Hardcore Fan

I hate 24, I'm really getting tired of Nicole Parker as Britney....

Oh well. Maybe there will be some more pleasant surprises in store.
Old 10/31/2007, 4:02 PM
zlolz

Nicole's Britney is old, but I still think they could pull a great, hilarious parody of Gimme More out of their asses if they really try.

As for the rest of the show - if there's as many sketches this year per show as there were last year, the premiere could still be good/decent if the rest of the sketches are good.

Old 10/31/2007, 4:12 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The clip on the official site made me giggle when she punched Crista for having pretty boobies. *hihi*

Old 10/31/2007, 4:35 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Nicole, have you been reading my journal again?

Old 10/31/2007, 4:46 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
The clip on the official site made me giggle when she punched Crista for having pretty boobies. *hihi*
I just watched that...call me crazy, but I thought it was funny, lol.

Old 11/02/2007, 3:06 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

I Think it is going to be a good MADtv, im my opinion SNL premiere, anyways MADtv season 13 will be GOOD like 12 was, im so HAPPY debra wilson BACK to do OPRAH WINFREY, i am also pissed that IKE Barinholtz is not returning but what can i tell you he was there from SEASON 8-12 5 year contract. but yeah MADtv season too me will look GOOD.