Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/04/2002, 3:01 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S08E01 (Aired 2002-09-14)

Cast: Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Jill-Michelle Melean, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir, Debra Wilson

Featuring: Ike Barinholtz, Josh Meyers

Guest Starring: Kelly Clarkson, Paula Abdul, Brian Dunkleman, Randy Jackson, Ryan Seacrest

Special Appearances: Jim Wise [MADtv Writer], Edward Moss,
  • Music Video: Eminem "Whats on TV" (Josh- Eminem, Frank- Kelsey Grammer, Jim Wise [MADtv Writer]- Kevin James: Doug Heffernan)
  • Anna Nicole Show (Stephnie- Anna Nicole Smith, Josh- Daniel, Frank- Kimmy Whirler, Michael- Howard, Debra, Ike)
  • AAA XXX (Ike- Vin Deisel: AAA, Aries- Samuel Jackson: Scarface, Jill-Michelle)
  • Jenny Jones Show: Lazy SOB Baby (Mo- Jenny Jones, Debra, Stephnie- Romaine, Baby- Drakaar Krimm, Ike, Josh)
  • Celebrity American Idol #1: The Performances (Edward Moss- Michael Jackson, Michael- Simon Cowell, Ryan Seacrest- Himself, Brian Dunkleman- Himself, Randy Jackson- Himself, Paula Abdul- Herself, Ike- George Michael, Josh- Andrew Ridgeley, Stephnie- Courtney Love, Aries- Bobby Brown, Debra- Whitney Houston)
  • Nightline UpClose Interview: Kelly Clarkson (Frank- Ted Koppel, Kelly Clarkson- Herself)
  • Allen Iverson Basketball Camp (Aries- Allen Iverson)
  • Doctor Visit (Ike- Toolie, Jill-Michelle- Aggie, Josh)
  • Celebrity American Idol #2: We'll Be Right Back (Ryan Seacrest- Himself, Brian Dunkleman- Himself, Debra- Whitney Houston, Aries- Bobby Brown)
  • Arli$$ (Ike- Robert Wool: Arliss, Bobby Lee- Sandra Oh: Rita, Aries- Evander Holyfield, Josh)
  • Celebrity American Idol #3: We'll Be Right Back Again (Ryan Seacrest- Himself, Brian Dunkleman- Himself, Debra- Whitney Houston, Aries- Bobby Brown)
  • Close: Celebrity American Idol Winner Announced (Aries- Bobby Brown, Debra- Whitney Houston, Kelly Clarkson- Herself)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/15/2010 at 2:24 AM.

Old 09/04/2002, 5:13 PM
I'm Content With Losing

LOL due to an ananymous source...

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream I’m in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 09/05/2002, 1:06 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

An anonymous source who obviously doesn't want himself to be anonymous.

On another note, you guys might want to have a gander at the calendar. From now on, I'll be keeping it up-to-date with all known info about episodes airing during the next two weeks. Think of it as the new Upcoming Episodes section. Furthermore, the calendar could also be used as an "Upcoming Appearances" section (in other words, a list of MADtv cast member appearances on other shows), but that would need to be handled by the community. Unfortunately, I can't catch everything, and I simply don't care enough to even attempt it anymore. But anyway, if you'd like to post events on the calendar, drop me a PM. If there's enough interest, I'll give access to everyone who requests it. Keep in mind that this *will* be an "official" part of the site, so capitalization, spelling, and punctuation counts.

Oh, and also... KELLY WINS! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Old 09/05/2002, 7:13 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

YES!! Kelly won! She totally deserved it! Go Kelly!

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 09/05/2002, 2:26 PM
I'm Content With Losing

KELLY WOOHOO! maybe she will pop up in a madtv appearance... oh yeah, did anybody see that like the whole madtv cast was there at the finale... it was exciting... and debra was crying when kelly was announced the winner... it was kinda funny, LOL

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/05/2002, 2:58 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

She did deserve it! I still think she should've saved "Without You" for the final two shows, though. Her rendition of that song is, in my opinion, superior to even Mariah's, and it's definitely *the* song to showcase her big, sweaty singing balls.

Quote:
KELLY WOOHOO! maybe she will pop up in a madtv appearance...
From the calendar...
  • Guest Cast: Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, Ryan Seacrest and "American Idol" winner.

Old 09/05/2002, 3:03 PM
I'm Content With Losing

NO DUNKLEMAN? COME ON! lol, i like him though, but american idol parody? it es possible... :p

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/05/2002, 3:06 PM
#2 of 7

I KNEW a parody wasn't far behind...

Old 09/05/2002, 3:15 PM
I'm Content With Losing

kinda like popstars with a badass michael? oh, we'll see :p

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/05/2002, 3:17 PM
#2 of 7

Well, Access Hollywood showed a clip of Michael playing Simon on some awards show, so that's probably what'll happen...

Old 09/05/2002, 3:22 PM
I'm Content With Losing

well you just missed it. it was on the teen choice awards which were on last monday.

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/06/2002, 7:52 AM
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, the Teen Awards were funny!

Mini Me: You want a piece of me?
Simon: It looks like that's all there is.

Mad TV just has to do their own parody too! I'm already looking forward to it!

Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
--Family Guy
Old 09/06/2002, 10:04 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Hehehe, this is quite the thread about an episode that hasn't aired yet, rofl... I think we'll need a clean one when it actually airs, hehehe...

Old 09/06/2002, 2:34 PM
I'm Content With Losing

LOL the teen awards were funny!

justin timberlake: *singing "just a friend"* you, you got what i need...
simon: STOP STOP STOP STOP, PLEASE! i havent been more jealous of the deaf. *judges start clapping*

HAHAHAHA

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/10/2002, 5:51 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

was this all on the teen choice awards
lol
sounds good
i'll have to keep an eye out for when they decide to show them on cable
Old 09/14/2002, 10:19 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Well, just watched the season opener, and I think it ROCKED! It was filled with hilarious sketches, i loved the Anna Nicole spoof, as well as the Jenny Jones one, and the "AAA" one was a killer sketch... And the opening Eminem song.. hahaha hilarious... I'll be making a full capture from the tape tomorrow... If any of you aussies wanna see it, gimme a PM and we'll work something out.

Old 09/14/2002, 10:36 PM
I'm Content With Losing

Eminem-LOL this is so true and there is nothing on tv today anyway! cool sketch!

sexy new intro- i like the new intro. madtv is trying to get back to it's roots by showing clips of l.a. and so far i love it. it'll get some used to, though. it feels so weird though, it's like a whole new cast now w/o alex and will. but it'll get to me. and ike and josh got SO much sketches this episode, JESUS! so far they're ok, but for a season premiere, uh, ok!

Anna Nicole- LOL i loved michael as anna's lawyer!

AAA- good parody... trying to get back to it's roots, i see

Jenny Jones- LOL mo was so funny and debra was HILARIOUS! she kept on yelling at people and she was going insane! i loved this!

American Idol- LOL "we'll announce the winner of american idol... right after this commercial" and whitney was so funny in this! "yo i'm randy jackson" "who the hell are you"? LOL! and simon was sooooooooo hilarious! "do you have a gun? well shoot yourself in the face. HAHAHAHAHA!

Allen Iverson's Basketball camp- this was ok, the mom is really funny though.

Ted Koppel & Kelly Clarkson- i liked this primarily because it revealed everything i thought about american idol. frank got a little annoying.

arli$$- this was allright, good impressions

and i don't remember anything else so far.
no closing at all? what is wrong here?

well, this was a funny episode and had everything i liked, but it felt so weird, like a whole new cast. hopefully the new people will bring some characters and begin to make us laugh. cheers for a great season!

As we’re laying here.

And I wake up today
-early november
Old 09/14/2002, 11:56 PM
Regular

I haven't posted anything here at this messageboard since the last season finale, but I'm coming out from under my rock to say that I was REALLY impressed by the season premiere. I thought that it would be bad since the last 2 years weren't so hot, but this was really good. Among the positives of tonight's show:

- The new opening sequence was excellent. And I like that the cast members' move in their pictures instead of just still shots. Though I'm a little mad they're still using a voice-over.

- The new bumpers shown before and after commercial breaks are also nice.

- Stephanie Weir actually made me laugh for probably the first
time, with her portrayal of Anna Nicole Smith. That was a dead-on impression and for once, her annoying voice came in handy.

- Michael McDonald didn't dominate the show like usual.

- Josh Meyers and Ike Barinholtz got a lot of airtime. Since they've worked with each other before, I'm sure we'll be seeing them in sketches together a lot.

- They seemed to do a little more sketches and commercials in this episode than they usually did per-show in the last 2 seasons.

- The show felt good without Will Sasso. I felt it was way beyond his time to move on, he really phoned it in last season.

- There was no Mad TV encore. I don't know if that means that they're not going to do them this season, or if they'll bring it back later on in the season, but I really have to applaud them for doing 100% new material for the season premiere.

The only bad thing in my opinion was the American Idol parodies, but I didn't like that because I don't care at all for the real show itself. Why'd they put the ending credits over the last American Idol segment? I wanted them to do the ending credits with the cast on stage so I can see if they have a new set.

Some other observations about the show:

- Where was Bobby Lee? I think the only thing he did in this episode was the small part he had in the Arli$$ sketch. I would expect him to be seen more in his first show as an offical cast member. I hope this doesn't mean they're going to pull a "Nelson Ascenio" like someone else predicted before and give him only racial roles. Jill didn't seem to be used that much, either.

- This is the first time I've seen Mo's Jenny Jones impression (I missed all the times she did it last season), and it was very funny.

- At first, during the Eminem parody, I thought that person playing Drew Carey was Christian Duguay for some reason.

- Was that Josh Meyers as the guy wearing glasses and a yellow wig in the Arli$$ parody? He looked a lot like Andrew Daly, but then I remembered he isn't on anymore (which I, as his only fan, am disappointed about, but not surprised considering how little he was used last season).

- Josh Meyers looks so much like his brother on SNL, it's scary. I actually thought that was really Seth in some parts.

Last edited by R&S Fan; 09/15/2002 at 1:11 PM.
Old 09/15/2002, 7:44 AM
Staff Alumnus

So, last night's show was pretty great! I really like the new guys, so funny! I'm not sure what I think of the theme song just yet. It was pretty cool until the actor's were shown with thier names. I don't know, that seemed hokey to me! Like it was a parody of thier own show. But I didn't like the theme, in the beginning last year, and it ended up growing on me, so who knows?

Eminem--Very funny music/tv show parody!

Anna Nicole--I still haven't seen this show, but this parody was hilarious! Stephnie was fantastic as Anna. And Michael with the constant "fat pig/fat whore" etc, LOL! It almost makes me want to check out the show to see just how stupid it really is.

Triple A--Haven't seen the xXx movie, but this was still funny to me!

Jenny Jones--Was this the only time we saw Mo last night? Her impression is still great! And the baby, LOL! So cute.

All American Idol--All of these sketches were pretty funny, although a bit time-consuming after a while.

Niteline--great impression by Frank, but I didn't care for the sketch as a whole too much.

Allen Iverson--had its moments. The show was starting to lose its steam when the Niteline thing started and this sketch didn't help.

Doctor/patient--the show picks right back up here. I found this hilarious! Not to mention disgusting! LOL! I was so glad they had at least one stand-alone parody that didn't mock something in the news/television. I missed the very beginning of this one though...how'd his toe get like that? LOL

Arliss--I've never seen this show, but it's so true, it's the only one HBO has that no one watches. LOL

I hope they just ran out of time because of the American Idol spoof, and that's why they didn't do a regular Closing on stage. I hope they're not doing away with them altogether.

All in all, a great premiere episode. My only wish was to see the older cast a little more. But the new guys get a thumbs up from me!

--Family Guy
Old 09/15/2002, 9:13 AM
Fresh Meat

Good Episode 8/10

You guys should read what people are saying on madtv's official message board, they all hated tonights show because will and alex weren't in it, and they all plan to stop watching.