Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 10 (2004-2005)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/11/2004, 10:27 PM
Hardcore Fan

Verb Alert: 4/5- LOL original

Death to America: not that funny 4/5

The Right Time To Have Sex: 5/5 Hahahah I liked it

7 AM Condo Report: Mexican Flu Shots: 4/5 I LOOOOOOOOOVE Danielle's charecter shes a good edition to the sketch

The Lillian Verner Game Show: 5/5 4th Sketch that's made me laugh this season

Heres the List

1.Dot
2.Ashlee Simpson Show
3.Rip it and Dip it Pizza Hut
4. and this Sketch, because of Nicole's puppet charecter

The Depressed Persian Tow Truck Driver: John Kerry: 4/5 sad that he dies

One Last Breakfast: 3/5 because i agree it dragged on

Avril Lavigne's Performance- She's got talent, but i want to watch Mad Tv for SKETCH COMEDY!!!!!!

Old 12/11/2004, 10:57 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Episode #1008 Available for download here.

I found this episode to be pretty entertaining tonight. That Australian Alarm guy was great, I loved it how this stuff go progressively more and more annoying, on purpose. He sounded so much like the croc hunter Steve Irwin, lol. THe english Al Jazeera thing was priceless, no doubt the best sketch of the night. The sex ed with Avril wasnt bad, 7am condo report was decent, Mofaz was great with John Kerry, although that ending was weird. The only thing that made a blemish was that madtv writer short movie thing. And I must add I was very impresed by Avril's acoustical performance, even though i'm not an Avril fanboy, I enjoyed this, quite a change from the regular BS musical numbers on MADtv.

8/10, good ep MADtv.

Old 12/11/2004, 10:58 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Heh heh, this won't take long....

Highlight: Lillian Verner

Good but irrelevant: Avril's acoustic performance (better than her...ahem..."rock" music)

Low points: Pretty much everything else

Moment of sheer irony: the "MADtv" writer's comment about how the future of sketch comedy is to make it serious, not funny...or was he being ironic?

In short, this was a great episode...

*wheels in huge mic*

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Overall rating: 1/5 stars...and that's stretching it!

Now I will shut the f**k up and break Episode 1008 like so...hwwwwwith my knee.

"We can dig it!"
Old 12/11/2004, 10:58 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

This episode started off well enough, but once it hit DPTTM it all went downhill... Two bad they didn't spreat out the quality sketches in this ep...

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 12/11/2004, 11:18 PM
Fresh Meat

Loved: Lillian Vernon (I Love Michael Hitchcock after his guest episode on Arrested Development), Steve Cragg's bit

Liked: The Right Time For Sex, Death to America, Condo Report, Depressed Persion Tow Truck Man

Hated: Verb Alert! God it's annoying.

Hey, before I go watch Mr. Show Season 4 on DVD, I wanna intro myself.

I'm Steve, i got into MAD with my dad around Season 8/Comedy Central Repeats. We became fans partially because my dad loves The King of Queens and saw Nicole Sullivan, and because of Bae Sung. It's like our bonding thing.

I find MAD to be along with Fox's Sunday comedy lineup and Scrubs to be the only thing worth watching on TV.

Oh, and I write reviews of the shows at a website called TVTome.com
Head there, click on the reviews icon, and this weeks review should be the second one on the list (Under Justice League Unlimited)

George, Sr.: Oh, I’m sorry, Gilligan. Will
be safe in Ira’s.

George, Sr.: What the hell is this,
Gilligan?
Ira Gilligan: It’s Ira, sir. Please call me
I...
George, Sr.: Dammit, Gilligan!
Old 12/11/2004, 11:20 PM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Cool! Welcome to the forum!

I started watching during the 8th season too.
Old 12/11/2004, 11:28 PM
Remember me?

Verb Alert: I loved this!! Ron was great in this, the accent was hilarious and so were the phrases.I hope he does this accent again....not necessarily this character. A+.

Al Jazeera News: I liked this, it was a good idea. A little annoying with the 'death to americas'. B+

The Right Time To Have Sex: eh. the dancing was hilarious though. B-

7 AM Condo Report: I don't like 7 AM condo report.......and this was the worst one yet.D

The Lillian Verner Game Show:THIS is what i call a sketch. I love simian and the host's interaction....Keegan and Stephnie cracked me up. Nicole...not so much. A

The Depressed Persian Tow Truck Driver: John Kerry: Wow, the elections over and they refuse to stop running the Kerry jokes into the ground. Grab your shovels america. F

One Last Breakfast: um...... i thought the inro was OK. Beating an old man was ....wrong. D

Overall: B-.......pretty good. Highlight was Ron's performance in the Verb Alert sketch and The Lillian Verner Game Show. Low point was DPTTM, 7 AM condo report and The last breakfast.
Old 12/11/2004, 11:29 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeMcDonaldGrl
I'm not THAT young...if you consider 18 to be young i dunno. I like Avril Lavigne's music tho. I don't like it when people call her a poser because she's not. The "punk" way is her style and she's not trying to copy anyone.
Yeah, 18 is pretty young. And Avril's punk wannabe image isn't all that original. I've seen it done before by artists back in the 80s and early 90s. And her acoutic performance tonight is the farthest from punk rock I've ever seen. Avril's music is just radio-ready pop-rock stuff at best. If you want actual hard rebel music, listen to the Sex Pistols.

I'm 26-years-old...so I should know.

Old 12/11/2004, 11:35 PM
0ld sk00l

I absolutely loved her acoustic performance as well. lol thats the only thing i saw so far..*waitin for the download to finish* i am sorta a fan of hers..the only person i really hate is Ashlee Simpson.

My Fanfics
View Post Old 12/12/2004, 12:03 AM
sarducci
This message is hidden because sarducci was banned from the site.
Old 12/12/2004, 1:02 AM
I <3 Jan In A Pan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarducci

Did Bobby, Jordan, and Frank not appear in tonight's show at all?
I think (but I'm not sure) that Jordan was in that Al Jezeera News sketch.
Old 12/12/2004, 1:43 AM
Fresh Meat

Verb Alert: I Love it. Very funny and surprised me to find they would be spoofing the informercial. Gawd! that infomercial is beginning to tick me off, so YAY! for the spoof. I hope they will not repeat this one or spawn something based on the character. - 0.72/1.0

Death To America: Very funny during first few frames and begins to stale as it nears the end. - 0.5/1.0

The Right Time To Make Love: Nooo! - 0.3/1.0

7 a.m. Condo Report - I personally feel this was the worst 7CR but then again, I kind of forgot about the others, so LOL! - 0.55/1.0

The Lillian Verner Game Show - Love it! The best of the entire show - 0.84/1.0

The Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man - The Monotonous & Boring John Kerry is kind of getting stale. - 0.3/1.0

Cragg(One Last Breakfast) - Unexpected, A few giggles... - 0.4/1.0

Avril Performance - I'm not an avril fan but comparing this avril to the past one is very different. Seeing one of her past live performances sure was a downer. And is sure to shooo!! away fence listeners on that genre, like me. But...

I like this new avril. She can sing very well, was able to put more heart into the song than just simply singing it. Superb Peformance. - 0.8/1.0

---

I never give anything 1.0/1.0 because there is no perfect performance IMO, 0.9/1.0 is only given to exceeding excellence based on my expectation and personal taste. So there. LOL!

Old 12/12/2004, 3:36 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

VerbAlert
Death to America!
Outtro: Death to America!
The Right Time to Make Love
7am Condo Report: Flu Shots
Outtro: 7am Condo Report
Lillian Verner: ???
Outtro: Lillian Verner
Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: John Kerry
Breakfast
Musical Performance: Avril Lavigne "Nobody's Home"
Outtro: Avril Lavigne
Close: Death to America!

...if someone can come up w/ a good name for the L.V. sketch you can become famous!

Quote:
Originally posted by DrFunke530
Hey, before I go watch Mr. Show Season 4 on DVD, I wanna intro myself.

I'm Steve, i got into MAD with my dad around Season 8/Comedy Central Repeats. We became fans partially because my dad loves The King of Queens and saw Nicole Sullivan, and because of Bae Sung. It's like our bonding thing.
Welcome to the Planet Steve!

Quote:
Originally posted by Caffeine King

I think (but I'm not sure) that Jordan was in that Al Jezeera News sketch.
No, that was Ron you're thinking of.

Quote:
Originally posted by arkane
Verb Alert: I Love it. Very funny and surprised me to find they would be spoofing the informercial. Gawd! that infomercial is beginning to tick me off, so YAY! for the spoof. I hope they will not repeat this one or spawn something based on the character. - 0.72/1.0
Cool, someone else has seen that infomercial too. Just stop watching it then arkane, LOL.

Old 12/12/2004, 3:43 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Hi all. Been a bit busy lately, but I will get to rating other episodes when they repeat and I have a chance to record them. I will not rate those outtros anymore, since IMO, I find them as show-fillers and nothing of significance that can affect an episode rating. I have also edited my final ratings and deleted outtro reviews on each one of the episodes I rated so far this season, which is only #1001 and #1002. Now on to the rating.

Verb Alert
This sketch is about a new alarm system that speaks instead of makes your typical sounds. There were some funny parts in this sketch. The ones that come to mind are when Paul is in the kitchen, and the dog going outside of the house through the doggy door. What might have prevented me from giving this sketch a better rating is that they were really pushing the talking alarm system to the ground (in other words, too long) and Ron’s voice started to annoy me after a while. 3.5/5.0

Death to America I: News, Commentrary, Sports
This seems a bit of an outdated idea for a sketch. Nevertheless, this sketch is about the Al-Jazeera network and how the people of the middle east hate America. I like this sketch, because it shows some authenticity… For example, how women in their culture are oppressed (Nicole saying that she is only allowed to say “Death to America” and how she’s covered up), and how these people hate America. Anyways, enough with the 411. The best part was Michael’s commentary about which America that the network was referring to. Although, I did find it a little odd to believe that it was Michael’s voice. His commentary reminded me of Frank’s Andy Rooney 60 Minutes sketch from last season. 4.5/5.0

An educational video sketch. Was it a Woo-Hoo! or a Boo-Hoo? I tend to like these sketches because of the way the film looks like (poor editing, 70s-style graphics). I found no reason not to like this sketch, although it was similar to the V.D. What A Drag sketch from Season 7. This sketch was about a girl wanting to wait for the right time to lose her virginity, but her parents think differently from their daughter. Typical of these type of sketches. Now, what the heck was up with the horny Chewbacca? The dancing was great. LOL. 4.5/5.0

7AM Condo Report: Mexican Flu Shots
This sketch is making fun of the short supply of flu shots in the US. This sketch started out funny. I like when the line moved and they show the shot of the line moving forward an inch or so. Cracked me up. Then Jelly Mae Jackson came in and talked about how the side effects of a flu shot and the faces Clifford and Muriel’s made. What made this sketch not as good as I thought it would be was Michael’s appearance, as I didn’t think he made a good enough contribution to the sketch. It was more fluff after that. I think Paul did a better job in this sketch, and he only had a line or two. 3.5/5.0

The Lilian Verner Game Show: The Anti-Star Wars
When this came on, I was thinking “Oh Geez. This is going to be bad.” Then I was proven wrong. Keegan’s character was the best of this sketch. He sounded like those drive-through speakers at the fast food restaurants. Nicole’s ventriloquism was pretty good. Didn’t know she could do that. Stephnie’s shirt was the best. Simian hating on Star Wars was funny too. The sketch has the same concept, but what made this funny were the actions. 4.0/5.0

The Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man: John Kerry
Hopefully this is the last we see of Kerry, because this sketch got tired fast. Only funny thing was the ending and how the tow truck runs off the cliff, which is not entirely new. 0.5/5.0

One Last Breakfast: Steven Cragg
What an interesting sketch. Steven Cragg talks about not having a chance to say goodbye to his father so he reprises a scene with an actor. That concept made it interesting to watch, until the fighting began. That’s when the sketch shot itself on the foot. It wasn’t a bad idea, but it went too far. 3.0/5.0

Musical Performance: Avril Lavigne
I’m not a huge fan of musical performances, but I liked how she was a one-person act. Never heard that song, since I’m not a huge fan of hers but the performance was noteworthy. I like the song she sang. 4.5/5.0

Death to America II: Weather Report
Nothing too special about this sketch. Paul announces the “Death To America” concert featuring Linda Ronstadt and the Dixie Chicks. I assume they mentioned these two, because they weren’t for going to war, and I guess that’s what they were making fun of. It was so subtle of a joke that I don’t think that a typical person would get it. I only got it because I heard about these them in the news a while back. 3.5/5.0

Overall
This episode had a pretty good mix, but obviously some things worked better than others. A bit heavy on the recurring sketches. No Frank, Bobby and Jordan tonight. 7.0/10.0

Bunifa: Yo, Yo, Yo. Who you callin' a bitch? Do I look like yo momma?
Old 12/12/2004, 4:10 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Death To America!

Old 12/12/2004, 7:34 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Well I thought this was a below average episode, but what the hell happened to Ryan Reynolds? Wasn't he suppose to be in this episode? Hopefully he'll be in the next one.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 12/12/2004, 8:23 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Sorry, potora. We knew how much you were looking forward to it. The DirecTV description of this episode was "Ryan Reynolds plays a security guard that wears tight pants".

Alright, I for one was not as satisfied with this episode as I predicted or as everyone else seems to be. So far, season 10 is not on par with season 9, which I thought was pretty good. Here we go...

Verb Alert
This sketch needed to be just a little bit shorter for the opening sketch. I think it would be alright if they opened the show with a sketch instead of the cast openings, but I would like to keep the show closings instead of additions to sketches. Ron was very obnoxious, but as long as this doesn't recur, I'll be fine. It was funny when everything started happening all at once. 4/5

Death to America: Al Jazeera TV

I didn't watch most of this sketch, so I'll have to go back and watch it again tonight. TBA

This was really good. I could have done without the splicing of Avril saying the sex organs, because that is where it copied the other sex films. But, other than that, this one was pretty funny, and Avril's acting was good. Two Star War references in one sketch. 4.5/5

7AM Condo Report

Other than the fact that Clifford opened the sketch talking extremely fast to beat the audience's applause (a Mexican-tinged version of the Entertainer theme would be best here), the sketch was an improvement to the series. Going to Mexico for flu shots was a good plot for the sketch. Next up...Winnepeg (probably in just a few episodes or so ). The Vicodin stand with Jelly Mae was the highlight. 4.5/5

The Lillian Verner Game Show

I've always loved these sketches, and this one was extremely well done. Simian may be taking it a little too far though, and Gail's voice and character seems to have changed completely. But, it was nice to watch. More Star Wars references this episode? lol 4.5/5

Yay, Mofaz. AND John Kerry together. Sadly, though, Kerry is probably more of a mess than he's shown as in this sketch. The opening text that just kept going on and on had me laughing. I wish they didn't keep the ending, because something similar already happened when he crashed and went into a coma. So you know neither is dead because they kept talking at the end. Mofaz didn't complain about anything new, it seems. 4/5

One Last Breakfast

I for one, actually liked this sketch by itself. However, it's like Halloween 3 in the Halloween series (Halloween 3 had nothing to do with the Mike Myers storyline). I say that because it didn't feel like a sketch or a MADtv production, but it was funny it its own right. His introduction could have been a little shorter, but the way he said "one of the following is true: a) I created Seinfeld, b) I have a huge penis, and c) I'm a writer for MADtv". That was pretty funny, except for when he said "Don't make me write another Stuart sketch". Crying about Bobby Lee (who was absent tonight) was pretty funny. Beating up his dad was completely unexpected, and I was choking up! 4/5

Performance: Avril Lavigne

This was actually enjoyable. For once, no lip-syncing (Christina!), no heavy metal (Manson!), no rap (Ja Rule!). It was easy listening, and from an artist I don't hate. But, in the intro and outtro, I think Ron was acting a little too gay. 5/5

Close

No cast opening or closing (preferring the latter)? I don't think I liked the sketch to begin with, so more? No!! 2/5

Overall

No Frank, Bobby, or Jordan tonight, and kind of low on Daniele and Aries. 8/10, not including the first Death to America sketch since I haven't watched it in full yet.

Old 12/12/2004, 10:25 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Jericho

I'm 26-years-old...so I should know.
26 woooo ! you gotta know !

Old 12/12/2004, 12:30 PM

Verb Alert: Great. Not too much, but it was hilarious when the dog was leaving, and the cupboards were open, and the robber was.... robbing them - 4.5/5

Death To America: "Very funny during first few frames and begins to stale as it nears the end." - 1.5/5

The Right Time To Make Love: Best sketch of the night IMO..... Mostly because of the hilarious thing this and one of the other sex ed films (V.D. What a Drag), where it skips all over the place. "Penis-Explodes-Vagina.... Mutates- And dies" 5/5

The Lillian Verner Game Show - Great.... Seemed a little unfulfilling, but... 3.5/5

The Depressed Persian Tow Truck Man - I only really liked the beginning and end of this. - 2.5/5

Cragg(One Last Breakfast) - The fight was the only really funny part, it was a little short and boring.... 2.5/5

3.3/5, not the worst episode of season 10 yet....
Old 12/12/2004, 2:39 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Ok, I watched last night, and I was very unimpressed by some of the sketches. I watched again today, and oddly found the ones I didn't like to be pretty good. Who knows what that's all about, but anyway, here's my review:

Verb Alert
Funny as hell! Ron was awesome, his accent cracked me up, and I loved when everything was opening at the same time. 5/5

Death to America: Al Jazeera TV
This was pretty damn funny too. Not much to say about it, but it was good. 4/5

Another good sketch. I thought Avril was a pretty good guest star. 4/5

7am Condo Report
I love 7am Condo Report. Enough said. 5/5

The Lillian Verner Game Show
I hated this sketch last night, but when I saw it again, it wasn't bad. It was funny how Simian was sitting on a toilet, and it was hilarious when he yelled star wars and flipped off the camera LOL! 4/5

I don't normally like Mofaz but I haven't seen him in a while so I didn't mind. But as for Michael's John Kerry impression...I love it. It cracks me up everytime. This was good. 4/5

One Last Breakfast
This sucked, plain and simple. I can't believe they aired this crap. 0/5

Performance: Avril Lavigne
I'm not a fan of hers, but this really wasn't bad at all. It's funny how Ron attaches himself to all of the Canadian guest stars...well there have only been two this season, but you all get my point.....3.5/5

Overall
Good episode...a definite step up from 1007, even though 1007 wasn't too terrible. I wish Jordan would appear more, I really like him. And I also wish Frank would have been on the episode. I even kind of missed Bobby