Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 6 (2000-2001)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/04/2003, 12:24 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S06E30 (Aired 2002-03-09)

Cast: Nelson Ascencio, Alex Borstein, Mo Collins, Christian Duguay, Michael McDonald, Will Sasso, Aries Spears, Nicole Sullivan and Debra Wilson

Featuring: Andrew Daly

Special Appearance: Andrew Bowen and Pat Kilbane
  • The More You Know: George W. Bush (Christian-George W. Bush)
  • Olympic Gymnasts #1 (Alex-Nepha Schuz, Christian, Michael-Bezan Ules, Will-Anton Ziff, Nicole-Oliva Vint, Debra, Andrew)
  • Ms. Swan: Dinner Date Part 2 (Alex-Ms. Bunny Swan, Christian-Jeff, Nicole, Andrew-Todd)
  • Olympic Gymnasts #2 (Alex-Nepha Schuz, Christian, Nicole-Oliva Vint, Andrew)
  • Olympic Gymnasts #3 (Christian, Michael-Bezan Ules, Will-Anton Ziff, Nicole-Olivia Vint, Andrew)
  • Sex Face (Michael, Nicole-Molly)
  • Olympic Gymnasts #4 (Christian, Will-Anton Ziff, Andrew)
  • Extras Seminar (Nelson, Alex, Mo, Christian, Michael, Will, Aries, Nicole-Miss McCoy, Debra, Andrew-Andy)
  • MADTV ENCORE - Intensity (#407) (Alex, Andrew-Noel Crane, Pat-Ben Covington, Nicole-Intensity Porter)
  • Stevie Comes Out of the Closet (Nelson-Stevie, Andrew, Mo-Maria, Christian, Michael, Andrew-Sebastian)
  • Close: Nicole

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/17/2010 at 6:57 PM.

Old 03/13/2004, 3:03 PM
ouch :(

omg, the Olympic Gymnasts has to be one of the funniest sketches ever!.. When Nicole started doing hers at the beginning, I almost died laughing!.. And the commentators had some funny lines, too. lmao!

But the laughter ended when Nicole gave her fairwell monologue at the end

Overall, 9/10

"I'm sure these words will eminate from my mouth many times tonight; Robin Williams, shut the hell up."

Guests of the Oprah Winfery show stay in a crappy hotel very close to the beautiful one depicted here!

"It's the Southwest Air excessive ass assesment fee."

www.bbfanforums.com - BIG BROTHER!
Old 03/13/2004, 3:49 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

You just saw this episode this morning...didnt youuu?

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/13/2004, 4:26 PM

hehehehe yes

"I'm sure these words will eminate from my mouth many times tonight; Robin Williams, shut the hell up."

Guests of the Oprah Winfery show stay in a crappy hotel very close to the beautiful one depicted here!

Old 03/13/2004, 8:17 PM
Totally F****able

Default Re: WHO/WHAT 630

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystere

Stevie Comes Out of the Closet

They Didn't air this sketch. The show actually ended at around 9:50 am. That included the opening and closing.

I think they didn't air this sketch probably because of it's content because I vividly remember seeing this sketch, and the last time I saw it, it somehow got cut halfway through.

But I recorded this ep this morning and didn't see that sketch.

Old 03/13/2004, 8:25 PM

they re-ran it this afternoon, and I didnt remember seeing that sketch.. But the afternoon re-run aired that sketch.... and I didnt remember seeing it this morning, either. They'll re-run the ep eventually.. Then I'll re-record it

Old 03/13/2004, 8:56 PM
Totally F****able

damn, now im gonna have to rerecord it, before I do anything else, which means I cant record any more eps on that tape until that ep airs again so I dont record over the next ep...........

if that makes any sense

Old 03/13/2004, 9:06 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Leave room for it. record on that tape for another hmmm... however many minutes you think the sketch is, then tape the next ep you want after that.

Old 03/13/2004, 9:16 PM
Totally F****able

Hey Yeah I could do that.......*lights go on in head*

Does anyone know roughly how long that sketch is?

Old 03/13/2004, 10:18 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

**Inspector Kurt gets to work...**

Okay.
1) You said the episode finished roughly 10 minutes earlier than it should have
2) Whenever I d/l Hivolt's eps, they are like 41-42 minutes max.
3) Now I'm lost
4) where was I?

Old 03/13/2004, 11:19 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
**Inspector Kurt gets to work...**

Okay.
1) You said the episode finished roughly 10 minutes earlier than it should have
2) Whenever I d/l Hivolt's eps, they are like 41-42 minutes max.
3) Now I'm lost
4) where was I?
Yeah, the closing with Nicole's Speech started at 9:50 and ended roughly 2 minutes later.

So you were trying to figure out how long the Stevie sketch was.

Old 03/13/2004, 11:22 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

My episodes are edited without the commercials, remember? And I include the "coming up" parts, or "coming next week" bits if they are shown, not always here in Canada.

They are pretty good with timing, the edited episodes end up being 41:06 to 41:08 if I'm not drinking & editing, lol.

Old 04/22/2004, 4:12 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

The Stevie sketch was shown in Comedy Central reruns, but I don't remember seeing it when I first saw this episode a few years back.

Old 04/22/2004, 4:59 PM
Totally F****able

The thing that pissed me off is when I originally taped this ep they didnt show the stevie sketch, and since the tape I recorded it on is full, I cant' go back and add the stevie sketch.............Oh well......I've seen it, wasn't that good to begin with.......I did notice however that when I originally saw it, they like cut away to a commercial right after Nelson makes this comment.........anyone else notice this?

Old 04/22/2004, 5:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
The thing that pissed me off is when I originally taped this ep they didnt show the stevie sketch, and since the tape I recorded it on is full, I cant' go back and add the stevie sketch.............Oh well......I've seen it, wasn't that good to begin with.......I did notice however that when I originally saw it, they like cut away to a commercial right after Nelson makes this comment.........anyone else notice this?
yeah, I noticed.

I hope they realize that they completely ruin the show when they do this... Even if it is half a sketch..

Old 04/22/2004, 5:09 PM
Totally F****able

I dunno maybe it seems like they did it for censoring reasons like maybe they thought that particular comment was a bit raunchy.............or maybe they're just stupid.

Old 09/08/2004, 12:42 PM
The real reason to watch.

Anyone notice during the Extras Seminar sketch, Nicole called Mo "Maureen"? he he. I just did when CC aired it this weekend.

~*~NICOLE SULLIVAN AND MICHAEL MCDONALD--- KING AND QUEEN OF MAD TV!!!~*~

Nicole- "So now I'm a nag? I'm a nag?"

Mike- "I'm not calling you a nag. I'm just saying you're an old haggy whore."

[color= deeppink]You gotta love 'em[/color]
Old 10/04/2004, 5:59 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Nicole's final ep as a regular cast member...sniff, sniff. I was going to review this but...WAAAAAAAH!!!!!! Do I have to go on with this? *Mizzimad chokes back tears as he types.* Oh, why, why, WHY did she have to go? BOO HOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! LIFE IS MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right, enough of that stupid bulls**t. Well, what to say about Nic's final bow to "MADtv"...hmmm. Obviously, the show was not meant to serve as a Nicole tribute per se; rather, it simply features her in nearly every sketch. And when you consider that Sully was only a part-time cast member by this point in her Alfred E. tenure, getting nearly a whole hour of Nic during an otherwise sketchy (pun intended) 6th season is a rare treat indeed--and in some weird way, the show does indeed serve as a "tribute." No, not every sketch is wonderful, but none of them is truly bad either. The Olympic gymnast bits are fine overall, esp. since physical comedy has always been one of Nic's strongest suits. Do we really need FOUR parts, though? Aw, who the f**k cares? It's a small gripe. The best bit overall has to be the "sex face" sketch, which, IMHO, holds its own w/ Nic's best early work for "MADtv." For once, the dynamic duo of Nic & Mc are allowed to strut their stuff w/o any stuffy reliance on recurring characters (not that that's ALWAYS a bad thing). Hell, the sex faces alone are worth the price of admission; Nic's in particular are priceless. Then again, technically, how could they be priceless if you have to pay the price of admission? *Deep sigh* Nevvah mind!

The "extras" sketch, which I believe was penned by the Nicmeister herself, works largely b/c of its rather ludicrous premise: a somewhat erudite instructor (N.S.) talks to and treats her pupils, the extras, as if they're top-shelf Thespian actors. Though Andrew Daly isn't most people's choice as an effective funny man, he pulls off quite well his role as the smarmy "choice" pupil who's seen and done it all in the extra biz.

The "Intensity" encore is fitting, esp. considering that TV Guide once ranked it as one of the 50 funniest TV moments ever. However, as I recall, the "Stevie Comes Out of the Closet" sketch is the last that airs before Nic's farewell speech. While the sketch is moderately funny, ending a "Nicole farewell" show w/ a Nic-less sketch is a bit tacky. Oh, well, all is forgiven w/ Nicole's heartfelt goodbye. Considering that she was given a very small window of time in which to make her exit, I have to say that she does a hell of a job of thanking all the necessary persons, not the least of whom are the ever-important fans. (Okay, for those of you who are puzzled, WE'RE the fans...you know, ahem, just to clarify.)

Overall, the show was a good sendoff into "King of Queens"-land (Queensland?) for Ms. Sullivan. No recurring characters, just Nic pouring her wittle comedy heart out one last time. In a way--oh, God, this is going to sound sappy--the show is Nic's final tribute to her fans. Yes, yes, I said it, so tchaaaaaa, y'know vut? I'm gonna shut the f**k up now.

*Loud cheers reverberate throughout the Planet "MADtv" confines.*

"We can dig it!"
Old 04/20/2007, 7:27 PM
Still the best!

This is another episode I taped from the original airing on FOX...this episode was so good, but so sad! I tear up everytime I see Nicole's goodbye.

But Sex Face..oh my god I cant watch that sketch without cracking up!

The Olympic bits always have me rolling...as well as the Felicity parody (encore)...

This is probably the best Season 6 episode, but technically it's Season 7...and I'd say it's better then all of Season 7, too.